Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,928 members, 7,922,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:38 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11049686 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6254) (6255) (6256) (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) ... (19772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:22am On Nov 21, 2018
chic2pimp:

Na real wahala o kai

Sports stars are the ones that go broke the most.

Trying to spend like millionaires for their whole lives when most of them have just about 10yrs earning like millionaires.

When expenditure surpasses income then bankruptcy is almost certain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2018
raumdeuter:

Do you see a separate category for headers here

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8171476_trent_jpegcda2e42ce31d8bb78dfaa4fe73ae887d
You can check the EPL official website for that or better still check previous two pages. I posted it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2018
Olalekank:

No bother yourself with stats boss

Go and code what you have to code, commit the changes and leave them to keep arguing.
Lol yes sir
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2018
afrodoc2:

Sports stars are the ones that go broke the most.

Trying to spend like millionaires for their whole lives when most of them have just about 10yrs earning like millionaires.

When expenditure surpasses income then bankruptcy is almost certain.

I remember telling Ibime about this guys crib. As at 2002 this guy was living in a ginormous mansion with one room dedicated entirely to storing his fitted caps.

I can't even imagine how a guy that I watched flexing on TV when I was in secondary school died with only 2k in his account.

2k ffs.

All these carribean man sef...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Olalekank:

No bother yourself with stats boss

Go and code what you have to code, commit the changes and leave them to keep arguing.
cheesy You also saw the github tab

eph12 what type of developer are you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olalekank(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2018
Afolabi6046:

Loll
I see am.
Seems he's a JS guy: react and node
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Afolabi6046:

Oh the screenshot I posted here lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Olalekank:

Loll
I see am.
Seems he's a JS guy: react and node
For now

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
eph12:

Oh the screenshot I posted here lol
omo i noh notice sha would check again....baba come tag boys along naa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Olalekank:
Loll I see am. Seems he's a JS guy: react and node
I just noticed your signature cheesy God bless your dreams bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:38am On Nov 21, 2018
The same flocks who claims pep guardiola always work with world class players are now telling us how bad a player Laporte is because he can't seems to get the national team call up cheesy

What a good time to be alive.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2018
Afolabi6046:
omo i noh notice sha would check again....baba come tag boys along naa
cheesy cheesy cheesy
How many things u wan do?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2018
popizaino:
The same flocks who claims pep guardiola always work with world class players are now telling us how bad a player Laporte is because he can't seems to get the national team call up cheesy

What a good time to be alive.
Lol.. during Sane's World Cup snub, many were justifying his omission stating he's overrated.. many of them still insist Sterling and G. Jesus are overhyped, they tagged Bernardo as overrated seeing his performances for Portugal during the World Cup and before.. They don't still rate Stones at all, Mendy is unintelligent, Walker is all pace and power.. after all these, they conclude by saying Guardiola only plays with big names.. They only rate Silva, Aguero and De bruyne (safe for some few hazard addicts).. Yet he only coaches World class players

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2018
popizaino:

Defensive quality of centre-back has never mattered to Guardiola as his centre-backs do little defending. Guardiola only needs Laporte for his passing, while Deschamps need Laporte to actually defend.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:
Lol.. during Sane's World Cup snub, many were justifying his omission stating he's overrated.. many of them still insist Sterling and G. Jesus are overhyped, they tagged Bernardo as overrated seeing his performances for Portugal during the World Cup and before.. They don't still rate Stones at all, Mendy is unintelligent, Walker is all pace and power.. after all these, they conclude by saying Guardiola only plays with big names.. They only rate Silva, Aguero and De bruyne (safe for some few hazard addicts).. Yet he only coaches World class players
which one be hazard addicts again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Over sense nor go kee u
Ibime:

Defensive quality of centre-back has never mattered to Guardiola as his centre-backs do little defending. Guardiola only needs Laporte for his passing, while Deschamps need Laporte to actually defend.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
madrid5:
which one be hazard addicts again
Those that can berate De bruyne just to make hazard look superior.. The type that are already saying mbappe is overrated cos he's already passing the test of time and will be comfortably placed ahead Hidden

Majorly,
The type that mostly complains about Morata only when he misses Hazard pass, ignoring other chances he lost

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
E.g

Chelseafn1:

Very useless player, it should have been a sweet goal or an assist for Hazard, he wanted to make sure the iddiot got the assist.

Chelseafn1:
Morata is a bastard, that should have been a sweet assist for Hazard.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:
Those that can berate De bruyne just to make hazard look superior.. The type that are already saying mbappe is overrated cos he's already passing the test of time and will be comfortably placed ahead Hidden

Majorly,
The type that mostly complains about Morata only when he misses Hazard pass, ignoring other chances he lost
it sounds like you are the hazard addict here because these things rarely happen,I don't know anybody that berates KDB to make hazard look like a better player because most folks don't need to(even in nairaland) and KDb is a very good player.
Mbappe is getting overatted and underrated by different sect of fans it has nothing to do with hazard more to do with neymar.
Morata is trash even as a Madrid fan it pains me to say this.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
madrid5:
it sounds like you are the hazard addict here because these things rarely happen,I don't know anybody that berates KDB to make hazard look like a better player because most folks don't need to(even in nairaland) and KDb is a very good player.
Mbappe is getting overatted and underrated by different sect of fans it has nothing to do with hazard more to do with neymar.
Morata is trash even as a Madrid fan it pains me to say this.
The stuffs are common to me though, rarely happens, that's to you.. You don't know anybody that underrate de bruyne, leave it at that, I know people

I know many Hazard fans saying mbappe is overrated, that ease at everything he does, saying he's only a runner and stuff like that..

That's why I called them Hazard addicts, one of them is the dude I quoted

I know Morata is trash, everyone here criticize Morata but some only talk when he misses Hazard passes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ibime:

Actually no.

Guardiola needs defenders who combine many attributes e.g Good at defence, ability to pass and are very quick to cover the acres of space his team leaves behind in a high line

What is the difference between the Umtiti that Deschamps is using and Laporte, is Umtiti doing so much defending at Barcelona?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
raumdeuter:

Actually no.

Guardiola needs defenders who combine many attributes e.g Good at defence, ability to pass and are very quick to cover the acres of space his team leaves behind in a high line

What is the difference between the Umtiti that Deschamps is using and Laporte, is Umtiti doing so much defending at Barcelona?

Umtiti was a defender before he got to Barcelona. Barcelona or not, he can scrap physically, and is fast enough.

Someone wrote that Laporte is considered averagely strong but not strong enough. . . . .average pace but not quick enough. That sounds Skodran Mustafi-ish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ibime:

Umtiti was a defender before he got to Barcelona. Barcelona or not, he can scrap physically, and is fast enough.

Someone wrote that Laporte is considered averagely strong but not strong enough. . . . .average pace but not quick enough. That sounds Skodran Mustafi-ish.

And Laporte was not a defender in Bilbao?

Have you seen Laporte in Bilbao, Bilbao is one of the most physical sides in Spain

below are his stats in his last full season in Spain when Bilbao finished 7th, I compared with Ashley WIlliams the main defender of the EPL side that finished 7thh Cahill and Aldewereld the main defenders on the EPL sides who finished 1st and 2nd that same season

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Below is Laporte scouting report at the age of 20

STYLE, STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
Perhaps the most telling tribute to Laporte’s talent is the assessment by website Inside Spanish Football who mark him out as having no apparent faults in his game.

His heading ability has improved to the extent he is now rated as the eleventh best defender in La Liga when it comes to aerial battles won, winning 73 out of his 119 attempted headers at a success rate of 61%. However it is with Ernesto Valverde’s reversion to a higher defensive line where his improvement has been most effective, not only with his outstanding pace enabling him to get back should a striker breach the Bilbao back four, but with a fine reading of the game that is shown by his 171 clearances and 67 interceptions across his 30 appearances this term.

Not only does Laporte’s maturity and fine reading of the game enable Bilbao’s defensive-line, in which the French teenage plays to the left side of his captain Carlos Gurpegi, to stay high in order to press opponents in areas further up the field, but he is aided also by more abstract qualities such as leadership and his ability to organise; it is no coincidence that he is captain of France’s under-19 side.

He also boasts a fine comfort and balance on the ball which helps the defender to link-up with his two holding midfielders positioned in-front of the defence, usually Andre Iturraspe and Mikel Rico, helping Bibao to build from the back. This term, Laporte has attempted 1480 passes and completed 1205 of them at a success rate of 81.4%.

Those statistics see him as the 6th best defender in the Primera in terms of passing, with only Dani Alves, Pepe, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos and Andreu Fontas sitting higher in the charts. His 8 chances created is also impressive for a centre-half, coming from the 24 appearances he has made from there while another 4 have come from left-back. It is this versatility that is a huge asset to Valverde, possessing a player who is equally comfortable in 2 positions which boosts the squad in terms of cover. It may be why Athletic felt able to loan out Jon Aurtenetxe, a defender in a similar mould to Laporte, to Celta Vigo.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/04/28/aymeric-laporte-scout-report-bilbaos-no-nonsense-young-french-defender/

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:
Half truths, the ones who said Sane is overrated are fans of Germany and Bayern here, I remember the argument that eschewed when Sane was omitted from the German team for the Mundial, many of us thought it was unfair but Dayo and A40 argued otherwise, don't attempt to pin this one on EPL fans, it won't stick.
As for Sterling, everybody here (EPL fans) acknowledges the vast improvement of Sterling, his only criticism is that he doesn't do or perform as well as he does for City when he turns up for the three lions.
G. Jesus is not under hyped, only time I can remember folks here talking down on him is when Pep somewhat shockingly picked him ahead of Kun. That was the period Dayo erroneously opined that Aguero was past it.
John Stones still polarizes opinion, he is a good passer of the ball and is very comfortable with the ball at his feat but can he defend? I'll leave you to answer that or more suiting, refer to Ibime's argument on why Laporte is not getting a look in by Deschamps.
Bernardo Silva is class, he might have struggled when he first joined City and that might have influenced the position people took. You should make reference to what a section of fans say, if we also check the threads of Barca and Madrid, don't you lots also underrate and overrate players? This beef against EPL clubs or City rivals because of Pep doesn't make sense.
As for Mendy, the jury is still out on him.
Walker was and in some instances still goes for pace and power rather than use his brain, even Pep admitted that he needed to work on him to play more with his head, so I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
Half truths, the ones who said Sane is overrated are fans of Germany and Bayern here, I remember the argument that eschewed when Sane was omitted from the German team for the Mundial, many of us thought it was unfair but Dayo and A40 argued otherwise, don't attempt to pin this one on EPL fans, it won't stick.
As for Sterling, everybody here (EPL fans) acknowledges the vast improvement of Sterling, his only criticism is that he doesn't do or perform as well as he does for City when he turns up for the three lions.
G. Jesus is not under hyped, only time I can remember folks here talking down on him is when Pep somewhat shockingly picked him ahead of Kun. That was the period Dayo erroneously opined that Aguero was past it.
John Stones still polarizes opinion, he is a good passer of the ball and is very comfortable with the ball at his feat but can he defend? I'll leave you to answer that or more suiting, refer to Ibime's argument on why Laporte is not getting a look in by Deschamps.
Bernardo Silva is class, he might have struggled when he first joined City and that might have influenced the position people took. You should make reference to what a section of fans say, if we also check the threads of Barca and Madrid, don't you lots also underrate and overrate players? This beef against EPL clubs or City rivals because of Pep doesn't make sense.
As for Mendy, the jury is still out on him.
Walker was and in some instances still goes for pace and power rather than use his brain, even Pep admitted that he needed to work on him to play more with his head, so I don't get your point.

With this, we can agree most of them all have questions on their quality, the type of player they are, world-class or otherwise, by not just Fans alone but Coaches .. how many can we individually state are world class but they look spectacular in the City Jersey

Yet some people would insist on not giving Guardiola any credit, saying He can buy anyone he wants.. I remember some 2 years ago, United fans rated Rashford and Martial above every forward in city safe for Aguero, Believed Pogba was ahead of Bruyne, Valencia was claimed to be the best RB in the world by mourinho himself, De gea an obviously better keeper, City no get defense (widely accepted by most Epl fanboys) but immediately they started balling, story change

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
Calum Paterson, the Cardiff City Striker, played the full 90 minutes for Scotland at rightback last night.

Sarri dump Morata abeg and promote Alonso to the place jare. Let palmwine play 3

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
Heywhizzy:
With this, we can agree most of them all have questions on their quality, the type of player they are, world-class or otherwise, by not just Fans alone but Coaches .. how many can we individually state are world class but they look spectacular in the City Jersey

Yet some people would insist on not giving Guardiola any credit, saying He can buy anyone he wants.. I remember some 2 years ago, United fans rated Rashford and Martial above every forward in city safe for Aguero, Believed Pogba was ahead of Bruyne, Valencia was claimed to be the best RB in the world by mourinho himself, De gea an obviously better keeper, City no get defense (widely accepted by most Epl fanboys) but immediately they started balling, story change
Don't mistake banter and support for one's club player as fact.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
raumdeuter:
Below is Laporte scouting report at the age of 20

STYLE, STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
Perhaps the most telling tribute to Laporte’s talent is the assessment by website Inside Spanish Football who mark him out as having no apparent faults in his game.

His heading ability has improved to the extent he is now rated as the eleventh best defender in La Liga when it comes to aerial battles won, winning 73 out of his 119 attempted headers at a success rate of 61%. However it is with Ernesto Valverde’s reversion to a higher defensive line where his improvement has been most effective, not only with his outstanding pace enabling him to get back should a striker breach the Bilbao back four, but with a fine reading of the game that is shown by his 171 clearances and 67 interceptions across his 30 appearances this term.

Not only does Laporte’s maturity and fine reading of the game enable Bilbao’s defensive-line, in which the French teenage plays to the left side of his captain Carlos Gurpegi, to stay high in order to press opponents in areas further up the field, but he is aided also by more abstract qualities such as leadership and his ability to organise; it is no coincidence that he is captain of France’s under-19 side.

He also boasts a fine comfort and balance on the ball which helps the defender to link-up with his two holding midfielders positioned in-front of the defence, usually Andre Iturraspe and Mikel Rico, helping Bibao to build from the back. This term, Laporte has attempted 1480 passes and completed 1205 of them at a success rate of 81.4%.

Those statistics see him as the 6th best defender in the Primera in terms of passing, with only Dani Alves, Pepe, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos and Andreu Fontas sitting higher in the charts. His 8 chances created is also impressive for a centre-half, coming from the 24 appearances he has made from there while another 4 have come from left-back. It is this versatility that is a huge asset to Valverde, possessing a player who is equally comfortable in 2 positions which boosts the squad in terms of cover. It may be why Athletic felt able to loan out Jon Aurtenetxe, a defender in a similar mould to Laporte, to Celta Vigo.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/04/28/aymeric-laporte-scout-report-bilbaos-no-nonsense-young-french-defender/

Surely this only makes Ibime's point for him, in that Laporte's strength appears to be in his passing ability. I also take exception to the statement in red.

Which pace does Laporte have? How did the writer determine how quick Laporte is? That sounds like an opinion being submitted as fact to me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
HanksAnuku:

Surely this only makes Ibime's point for him, in that Laporte's strength appears to be in his passing ability. I also take exception to the statement in red.

Which pace does Laporte have? How did the writer determine how quick Laporte is? That sounds like an opinion being submitted as fact to me

How does it make Ibime's point when he was described at age 20 as having "no apparent fault to his game", His heading ability makes him the 11th best in La Liga at age 20, and with outstanding pace

Another scouting report 2yrs ago which highlight his strenghts

His best asset is his intelligence and reading of the game, followed closely by the precision and cleanness with which he is able to tackle and dispossess. He has played a now-famous game in which he almost entirely shackled Lionel Messi, showcasing incredible recovery pace, diligence in his movements and extreme alertness in tracking.

These assets have allowed him to emerge as a superb sweeper-like presence. If Athletic give the ball away deep and face a counter, Laporte is the ideal man to have chasing back and trying to prevent a breakaway goal. He has supreme confidence in his own ability to fish the ball out from underneath someone’s feet or from between their legs, then calmly restart play.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2627559-scouting-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-target-aymeric-laporte

Other scouting reports on him
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/01/18/8062282/scouting-report-is-aymeric-laporte-the-answer-for-manchester

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
Interesting from Laporte

eph12

Learn to intercept
Don’t rely on the tackle, predict the opposition’s attacks
“This is fundamental. It does, of course, depend on each attack, but if you can break up the play cleanly, then you can start an attack much quicker. A slide tackle is almost an admission that you’re out of position. It’s a means to an end, but it’s your last resort.”

Cherish a clean sheet
This is your job, as a defender
“I feel so proud when I’m part of a defence that hasn’t been breached. It proves you’ve done the right things in the game and means any victory tastes all the sweeter. If we win 2-1 I’m still happy, but after a clean sheet you can double that feeling.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/aymeric-laporte-art-being-modern-defender

Like Maldini said

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
raumdeuter:
Interesting from Laporte

eph12

Learn to intercept
Don’t rely on the tackle, predict the opposition’s attacks
“This is fundamental. It does, of course, depend on each attack, but if you can break up the play cleanly, then you can start an attack much quicker. A slide tackle is almost an admission that you’re out of position. It’s a means to an end, but it’s your last resort.”

Cherish a clean sheet
This is your job, as a defender
“I feel so proud when I’m part of a defence that hasn’t been breached. It proves you’ve done the right things in the game and means any victory tastes all the sweeter. If we win 2-1 I’m still happy, but after a clean sheet you can double that feeling.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/aymeric-laporte-art-being-modern-defender

Like Maldini said
Borrow me those gif of Boateng beasting the world cup final

(1) (2) (3) ... (6254) (6255) (6256) (6257) (6258) (6259) (6260) ... (19772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ennyjay72(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.