Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,026 members, 7,987,675 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11373789 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6280) (6281) (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) ... (20104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
The UCL continues to expose the EPL.

Lyon 1-0 City. So dem go knack City home and away abi? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
Roland17:

Omo dem mean the man truly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Lyon no dey use ear hear Manchester City this season. They have looked very good in both legs.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Lyon no dey use ear hear Manchester City. They have looked very good in both legs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Roland17:

What does the Champions League Don when the Epl wins? Hide them? Didn't Man Utd beat Juventus, didn't Liverpool beat PSG? Did the Champions League expose these teams too

Score na 1-1 now. Champions League don hide Epl again

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Jemi7:

What does the Champions League Don when the Epl wins? Hide them? Didn't Man Utd beat Juventus, didn't Liverpool beat PSG? Did the Champions League expose these teams too

Score na 1-1 now. Champions League don hide Epl again

Pack well Jare and accept your L with grace!! Please compare the Man Utd v Juventus/ Liverpool v PSG match ups to Manchester City v Lyon!!!

There is an obvious disparity in talent when you compare both teams, Lyon are not even the champions of the french league here. We suppose dey hide dey make this kain mouth for UCL.

Incase you neva know, its Lyon 2-2 City. So yes the EPL is getting exposed again considering the champions are being pushed to this extent by Lyon. This same City side walloped West Ham 4-0 away from home and United 3-1 the week before.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Roland17:

Pack well Jare and accept your L with grace!! Please compare the Man Utd v Juventus/ Liverpool v PSG match ups to Manchester City v Lyon!!!

There is an obvious disparity in talent when you compare both teams, Lyon are not even the champions of the french league here. We suppose dey hide dey make this kain mouth for UCL.

Incase you neva know, its Lyon 2-2 City. So yes the EPL is getting exposed again considering the champions are being pushed to this extent by Lyon. This same City side walloped West Ham 4-0 away from home and United 3-1 the week before.

Last time Man United won the league, 5 years ago. Not even top 6 in the league. Last time Juventus last won the league, last season Number one in their league standings.

Last time Liverpool won the league, The devil was still trying to tempt Jesus, Highest league finish in the last 3 years, 4th. Last time PSG won the league, last season, Number one in their league standings.

It is very clear who the Champions League is exposing here. Your logic, not mine

At least I am kind enough to hand you this precious L with a smile on my face

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Jemi7:

Last time Man United won the league, 5 years ago. Not even top 6 in the league. Last time Juventus last won the league, last season Number one in their league standings.

Last time Liverpool won the league, The devil was still trying to tempt Jesus, Highest league finish in the last 3 years, 4th. Last time PSG won the league, last season, Number one in their league standings.

It is very clear who the Champions League is exposing here. Your logic, not mine

DopeJemi, I swear weed don enter your brain walahi grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
Jemi7:

Da pa da jooorr!!!!

The fact that teams like Liverpool and United who have individually spent the cumulative GDP of some developing countries in Africa and South America over the last 4 seasons can be compared to teams like Rennes, Marseille and Monaco (not even including Lyon) buttresses the gutters the EPL top teams are swimming in. I am a strong and unapologetic fan of the EPL, however, it does not make me ignorant or blind to the realities especially when we go out of our league.

Continue to swim with your L graciously.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

DopeJemi, I swear weed don enter your brain walahi grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
Roland17:

Da kpada jooorr!!!!

The fact that teams like Liverpool and United who have individually spent the cumulative GDP of some developing countries in Africa and South America over the last 4 seasons can be compared to teams like Rennes, Marseille and Monaco (not even including Lyon) buttresses the gutters the EPL top teams are swimming in. I am a strong and unapologetic fan of the EPL, however, it does not make me ignorant or blind to the realities especially when we go out of our league.

Continue to swim with your L graciously.

Nah bruh, nobody compared anybody, Only used your logic to buttress my point. If they are swimming in gutters and are still beating the top teams and league winners from other leagues, how then is the Champions League exposing anybody like you said, the fact that Lyon could beat city doesn't make them better than City, put Lyon in EPL and they won't even need the Champions League to expose them ,cause e be like say the Champions League itself don turn investigative journalist.

Take as many as you want bruh. You na my guy anyday

[img]https://media./images/cf7d8cf7a212f5bfa68e91d79bcd94b1/tenor.gif[/img]

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
Jemi7:

Nah bruh, nobody compared anybody, Only used your logic to buttress my point. If they are swimming in gutters and are still beating the top teams and league winners from other leagues, how then is the Champions League exposing anybody like you said, the fact that Lyon could beat city doesn't make them better than City, put Lyon in EPL and they won't even need the Champions League to expose them ,cause e be like say the Champions League itself don turn investigative journalist.

Take as many as you want bruh. You na my guy anyday

[img]https://media./images/cf7d8cf7a212f5bfa68e91d79bcd94b1/tenor.gif[/img]

Select and Pay the kain L wen you want. I got nothing but respect for you any which way.

The champions of the EPL (Manchester City) could only muster 1 point from a possible 6 against a team that barely finished 3rd in the French league buttresses the altar of mediocrity we are currently swimming in and the UCL brings the EPL back to baseline all the time and exposes us. I will spare you the financial disparity. Arsenal will defeat this same side but lose heavily to City, Infact, Everton will beat this Lyon side but will get the spanking from City but somehow, City cannot beat Lyon.

The last time I checked United came 2nd last season and were anointed to fight Pep for the league after purchasing a piano man and a Fred who was supposed to "Unlock" someone or everyone so they are heavy competitors coming into the UCL this season. Liverpool reached the finals of the champions league last season and lost to perennial champions Real Madrid so they are big boys, they also finished 4th. Consequently, PSG v Liverpool and Juventus v Manchester United are not lobsided when compared to Manchester City v Lyon.

In one breath you claim you are not comparing, in another line you are asking us to put Lyon in the EPL.

Select and pay!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
Crazy people full this thread sha
see sharing of L' s ffk
grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olalekank(m): 1:23am On Nov 28, 2018
Please who shared weed this night?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 1:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 1:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Great Great.

I been holla your number for whatsapp, not delivered.

How area na?

I ditched that line, the people I dey owe no gree me rest grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:44am On Nov 28, 2018
Griffon:

I ditched that line, the people I dey owe no gree me rest grin
Baba, please continue your diary na. Please na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 2:05am On Nov 28, 2018
I Just saw Lyon vs Man City highlights and for me Lyon lost that game there were some misses that deserved caning not to talk of allowing Aguero to head in from a corner. They played well though seeing city clear cut chances were not much.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 28, 2018
They I'll still hate cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2018
EPL is not yet there. Bunch of average teams.
Tottenham and Liverpool might be going out tonight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

Select and Pay the kain L wen you want. I got nothing but respect for you any which way.

The champions of the EPL (Manchester City) could only muster 1 point from a possible 6 against a team that barely finished 3rd in the French league buttresses the altar of mediocrity we are currently swimming in and the UCL brings the EPL back to baseline all the time and exposes us. I will spare you the financial disparity. Arsenal will defeat this same side but lose heavily to City, Infact, Everton will beat this Lyon side but will get the spanking from City but somehow, City cannot beat Lyon.

This is exactly my point, Everton will beat this Lyon side, Everton is an EPL team right? Remember your earlier assertion about the Champions League exposing the EPL? If everton(a club from the Epl) can beat this Lyon side, How then is the Champions League exposing the EPL? Lyon is a team that barely finished 3rd, Everton no even make top 7 last season.

Man Utd is having one of their worst starts to a premier league campaign and yet beat a Juve side that had not lost a home game, Man Utd could not beat Valencia at home, Juventus beat Valencia home and away, Liverpool beat PSG, Lyon's league leaders, Lyon beat Liverpool's league leaders. Roma knocked out Barcelona, Liverpool knocked out Roma. What I am trying to say is, Football is a crazy sport. You can't say the Champions League is exposing the EPL when one of the finalists of last season's Champions League campaign are from the English premier league

The last time I checked United came 2nd last season and were anointed to fight Pep for the league after purchasing a piano man and a Fred who was supposed to "Unlock" someone or everyone so they are heavy competitors coming into the UCL this season. Liverpool reached the finals of the champions league last season and lost to perennial champions Real Madrid so they are big boys, they also finished 4th. Consequently, PSG v Liverpool and Juventus v Manchester United are not lobsided when compared to Manchester City v Lyon.

Why does it take Just Man City not beating Lyon to say The Epl is being exposed? What about the teams the Epl teams are beating? If the Champions League group stage ends today, this minute, 3 out of the 4 English teams will be in the next round

In one breath you claim you are not comparing, in another line you are asking us to put Lyon in the EPL.

Select and pay!!!

"Put Lyon in the Epl" doesn't sound like comparison to me. Remember, this is what you said. "The fact that teams like Liverpool and United who have individually spent the cumulative GDP of some developing countries in Africa and South America over the last 4 seasons can be compared to teams like Rennes, Marseille and Monaco (not even including Lyon)". No where in Jemi's post did he say or imply a thing like that.

Got a surprise for you. I know you will love it, it's your favorite

[img]https://media./images/252e6806064d0b1f093655f8228ece91/tenor.gif[/img]

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:54am On Nov 28, 2018
Where do you guys get these GIFs from ffs? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 28, 2018
krattoss:
If Chelsea didn't sack him in 2015, he wouldn't have qualified for CL. Top coaches don't count UCL qualifications as achievement atleast Poch wey never win spoon dey qualify too cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Afolabi6046:
If Chelsea didn't sack him in 2015, he wouldn't have qualified for CL. Top coaches don't count UCL qualifications as achievement atleast Poch wey never win spoon dey qualify too cheesy

It is certain we would have relegated .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
After years of Wembley being a happy hunting ground for Chelsea, the last two visits have been anything but. Plenty of people have drawn a direct line between the Community Shield performance against Man City and the Spurs game at the weekend. It is perfectly reasonable to ask the questions, I asked some of them myself back at the start of the season. Against the top-quality teams, is the current system going to deliver the results?

The other more specific questions being raised are if Jorginho is so vital to our style of play, what happens if he isn’t available. Or if he isn’t having a great day, as we can’t all be brilliant all the time. And what happens if the opposition targets him and manages to squeeze his positive influence out of the game?

Well in simple terms, these scenarios can happen but so far this season they have not happened often, so a bit of perspective is needed. Remember when Liverpool recently visited Stamford Bridge, they detailed Roberto Firmino to drop back to try to kill the space Jorginho was operating in. It worked for a short while, but then he and indeed we as a team adapted.

JORGINHO AND LIVERPOOL'S FIRMINO DURING OUR MEETING EARLIER IN THE SEASON
This is the point; the Premier League, especially at the upper echelons, is filled with not only good players but with fine coaches who are excellent tacticians with plenty of good advisors around them. Clearly they will adapt and try to find a way of negating Chelsea’s style, football has always done that.

In years gone by, when Glenn Hoddle was controlling things for Spurs he was mercilessly closed down. If Eden Hazard is flying, Jose Mourinho when we play Man United will sometimes see fit to ask Ander Herrera to shadow him everywhere. From Maradona to Messi, the list is endless of individual players who make their sides click and who have been targeted, sometimes with success, sometimes without. It is a tactical arms race that develops and the coaches and the players have to develop with it.

At the weekend Spurs managed to do it, but is that a good enough reason to rip up the entire script, after just one defeat away from home against a top-four side? I think that would be quite knee-jerky, but Maurizio Sarri will know that adaptations will be needed now and again from him and his players. If one player is being ‘rushed’ by a few opponents then there is space developing elsewhere, which we somehow have to find and utilise. I spent large parts of my career drawing two, three and four players towards me, hoping to then offload the ball, understanding that those opposition players were to all intents and purposes now out of the game.

PAT NEVIN DRAWING ARSENAL PLAYERS TOWARDS HIM AT STAMFORD BRIDGE
I have heard it said that Chelsea have no plan B. Well we will see about that as plan A has worked fairly well to date and there was little or no need to make huge changes thus far. It may well be that Maurizio holds by the fairly recently developed football proverb, ‘If plan A fails then just make sure you do plan A better next time.’

We will have to wait and see how it goes from here, but one bad day at the office is no reason to throw all the furniture and technology out of the window right away, even if it throws up some difficult questions. Maurizio said himself after the game that he wasn’t particularly pleased with anyone or anything in the game regarding performance levels, so he will be thinking that if everyone played better then there is still no existential problem for the Sarri-ball style.

The question has also been asked about N’Golo Kante’s position wider and further forward than where he has played for us so brilliantly before. And indeed where he has been so successful with France and Leicester before that. I have written about this already on this page and gauging by him signing a new-long term contract, he knows there may well be a prolonged period when he has to adapt to this new role. I would be very surprised however if there weren’t times in the future when he finds himself back in the centre of the engine room.

It goes back to the sobering but realistic point that this is still fairly early days under a new coach and a new system. If Jorginho made such a huge difference to the entire ethos and style, it may well be that there is another player or two that Sarri would like to join the squad in good time that would add just as massively to the project.

90 IN 90 - TOTTENHAM V CHELSEA
That said, it still hurts players and fans to lose to Spurs and for so many players to play so far from the top of their games. The real narrative above and beyond single performances is whether or not Chelsea will be in the top four at the end of the season. This is what concerns us more than anything and with five teams at the moment scrapping it out, it is far from a certainty.

This is why Thursday night is important. Players who haven’t played much will get another outing and they will be pushing harder than ever to muscle their way into the first 11 for the next Premier League match. They will believe there might just be a chance for them after the loss on Saturday evening at Wembley. That is certainly the attitude Sarri wants and is maybe the only silver lining on that cloudy weekend.

The Europa League competition itself is of course vital in that it offers another opportunity to get into the Champions League, as well as the glory of winning it again. So it certainly isn’t the time to panic but to knuckle down for a long, hard important job over the winter. That was meant to sound a little cheerier, but maybe it might be a bit more of a slog for a while after the delight of the season so far. We all know that is what can happen in the Premier League and you just have to deal with it as a fan and a player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
orrh! They should better start learning plan B now, we're meeting City soon.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
krattoss:

Mourinho UEFA cups were 2003 and 2017
CL were
1. 2004,
2. 2005,
3. 2006,
4. 2007,
5. 2009,
6. 2010,
7. 2011,
8. 2012,
9. 2013,
10. 2014,
11. 2015,
12. 2016
13. 2018
14. 2019

We cannot deny a man the only thing he was to hold onto which are his history even if he is not relevant anymore
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Afolabi6046:
orrh! They should better start learning plan B now, we're meeting City soon.
can't you see that there is no plan b, but the option is to make plan a better. atleast, money will be involved in making it better. the question now is, can the coach get the enough financial backing and player choice freedom to make it better?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
Greatihex:
can't you see that there is no plan b, but the option is to make plan a better. atleast, money will be involved in making it better. the question now is, can the coach get the enough financial backing and player choice freedom to make it better?
A good coach shouldn't stick to one plan, that's what killed us against Everton and Spurs. He brought in Fab against Everton to still play him deep in the hole when we needed Fab making those defence-splitting passes. A good coach has ideas for when things don't go well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jemi7:

This is exactly my point, Everton will beat this Lyon side, Everton is an EPL team right? Remember your earlier assertion about the Champions League exposing the EPL? If everton(a club from the Epl) can beat this Lyon side, How then is the Champions League exposing the EPL? Lyon is a team that barely finished 3rd, Everton no even make top 7 last season.

Man Utd is having one of their worst starts to a premier league campaign and yet beat a Juve side that had not lost a home game, Man Utd could not beat Valencia at home, Juventus beat Valencia home and away, Liverpool beat PSG, Lyon's league leaders, Lyon beat Liverpool's league leaders. Roma knocked out Barcelona, Liverpool knocked out Roma. What I am trying to say is, Football is a crazy sport. You can't say the Champions League is exposing the EPL when one of the finalists of last season's Champions League campaign are from the English premier league

Why does it take Just Man City not beating Lyon to say The Epl is being exposed? What about the teams the Epl teams are beating? If the Champions League group stage ends today, this minute, 3 out of the 4 English teams will be in the next round

"Put Lyon in the Epl" doesn't sound like comparison to me. Remember, this is what you said. "The fact that teams like Liverpool and United who have individually spent the cumulative GDP of some developing countries in Africa and South America over the last 4 seasons can be compared to teams like Rennes, Marseille and Monaco (not even including Lyon)". No where in Jemi's post did he say or imply a thing like that.

Got a surprise for you. I know you will love it, it's your favorite

[img]https://media./images/252e6806064d0b1f093655f8228ece91/tenor.gif[/img]

The UCL is renowned to be the ultimate test of competition in European club football, consequently, if you can not replicate your domestic dominance when you play with the big boys especially as champions, then it invariably questions the integrity and competitiveness of the domestic league. The La Liga have continued to show us every season that despite the fact they may be considered a 2 club league, they can dominate the other big boys from other countries when they meet. The same can be said about the Serie where Juvetus continue to assert their dominance and this dominance is replicated in their UCL performance and appearances in the finals. The champions of the premier league struggling to get only 1 point from a possible 6 out of a fixture against Lyon buttresses the fact that UCL is an exalted level of competition that exposes the EPL.

Over the past decade, only one EPL team has won the champions league (Chelsea) , despite the immense amount of investment in the league. Last season, Manchester City won the league by an amazing 19 points, scoring 106 goals but guess who knocked the "ALMIGHTY" city out of the champions league? Monaco!!!! Yes.. Monaco beat the highly respected local champion in the round of 16. If that does not mean exposure of the league as local champions then I am not sure what explains it. I mean, even the much maligned Bakayoko scored in the 2nd leg. Do we need to review their past performances in the competition since they became dominant in the league?

Manchester United making their worst start to the EPL makes no excuse because this same United side finished 2nd and 19 points away from eventual champions City. So they entered this season, including the champions league on a good foot. While their level may not be comparable to Juve, beating Juve is not unimaginable considering the individual talent they possess, consequently, they should match up well, man to man against Juve. The same applies to Liverpool who are parading the world'd most expensive defender in their line up and a dynamic front trio that took them to the finals last season, so if they beat PSG or pick up points, it should not be shocking. Are you seriously consoling us with Liverpool's appearance in the finals? The last time I checked, the UCL is all about that trophy and champions league winners medal and not a 2nd place finish. All these permutations and results does not underscore the fact that the EPL needs to show up and win the UCL so we can regain the respect of other leagues in Europe.

Have you tried this new fish?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
Afolabi6046:
A good coach shouldn't stick to one plan, that's what killed us against Everton and Spurs. He brought in Fab against Everton to still play him deep in the hole when we needed Fab making those defence-splitting passes. A good coach has ideas for when things don't go well
i am not arguing that with you. the fact is that, we are stuck with sarri for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6280) (6281) (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) ... (20104) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), afrodoc2, dostr4(m), AbokiWam, Ihebu4chelsea(m), alexie4real(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.