Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,028 members, 7,987,677 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11373848 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6281) (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) (6287) ... (20104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

The UCL is renowned to be the ultimate test of competition in European club football, consequently, if you can not replicate your domestic dominance when you play with the big boys especially as champions, then it invariably questions the integrity and competitiveness of the domestic league. The La Liga have continued to show us every season that despite the fact they may be considered a 2 club league, they can dominate the other big boys from other countries when they meet. The same can be said about the Serie where Juvetus continue to assert their dominance and this dominance is replicated in their UCL performance and appearances in the finals. The champions of the premier league struggling to get only 1 point from a possible 6 out of a fixture against Lyon buttresses the fact that UCL is an exalted level of competition that exposes the EPL.

Over the past decade, only one EPL team has won the champions league (Chelsea) , despite the immense amount of investment in the league. Last season, Manchester City won the league by an amazing 19 points, scoring 106 goals but guess who knocked the "ALMIGHTY" city out of the champions league? Monaco!!!! Yes.. Monaco beat the highly respected local champion in the round of 16. If that does not mean exposure of the league as local champions then I am not sure what explains it. I mean, even the much maligned Bakayoko scored in the 2nd leg. Do we need to review their past performances in the competition since they became dominant in the league?

Manchester United making their worst start to the EPL makes no excuse because this same United side finished 2nd and 19 points away from eventual champions City. So they entered this season, including the champions league on a good foot. While their level may not be comparable to Juve, beating Juve is not unimaginable considering the individual talent they possess, consequently, they should match up well, man to man against Juve. The same applies to Liverpool who are parading the world'd most expensive defender in their line up and a dynamic front trio that took them to the finals last season, so if they beat PSG or pick up points, it should not be shocking. Are you seriously consoling us with Liverpool's appearance in the finals? The last time I checked, the UCL is all about that trophy and champions league winners medal and not a 2nd place finish. All these permutations and results does not underscore the fact that the EPL needs to show up and win the UCL so we can regain the respect of other leagues in Europe.

Have you tried this new fish?

Sooooo....
1. In the last decade it's only one English team that has won the UCL?

2. Monaco knocked out City last season??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lana1:

Sooooo....
1. In the last decade it's only one English team that has won the UCL?

2. Monaco knocked out City last season??

Counting from the last 10 winners,

Chelsea won the UCL during the 2011/2012 season.

United won the UCL during the 2007/2008 season.

My error for the second one. That should have been Liverpool. Monaco beat them the previous season before April 2018.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Greatihex:
i am not arguing that with you. the fact is that, we are stuck with sarri for now
We can't sack him because of one loss naa, but he should adapt, Chelsea noh dey chill for person especially for a coach with unimpressive CV
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

The champions of the premier league struggling to get only 1 point from a possible 6 out of a fixture against Lyon buttresses the fact that UCL is an exalted level of competition that exposes the EPL.

But are Lyon the only team in Man City's group? You cannot say because Man City took only one point from Lyon means the Epl is being exposed, Why neglect the other teams they have beaten in the group? Heck, they even have the Ukrainian Champions in that group that they beat home and away, Man City are even top of the group, so I really don't understand how they are being exposed just because they didn't beat Lyon. Do you know that Lyon has only one win in that group and have drawn the rest of their games against the Same teams Man City beat mercilessly. Why wait till they were a goal down before saying the Epl is being exposed again? Why wait till an Epl team loses before saying the Epl is being exposed? I mean, are they supposed to win all the time? What about when they win? Like they have been doing since the campaign started? That is Shady man and I know say you no Slim, not after all those Pork chops you dey chop for obodo-oyinbo

My guy, I don't have much to give again, I have given you almost everything I have, So please just sign here make I dey go

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by vicot(m): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
Just read sarri presser dude was blaming Kante ffs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

My error for the second one. That should have been Liverpool. Monaco beat them the previous season before April 2018.
Last 10 winners and last 10 decades is not the same thing.
Cant be quoting decades and then be dropping numbers in seasons.

Anyhow, i get ur point. EPL teams dey underperform in the UCL. But tbh, this might be the first time where there are no outright favorites to win the UCL. All the big teams have been below par this season so we might just get to see an English team win it.....or we may be in for a surprise and have an underdog lift it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
vicot:
Just read sarri presser
dude was blaming Kante ffs
I really feel for Kante this period.
Dude be running around like Rashford undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lana1:
Last 10 winners and last 10 decades is not the same thing.
Cant be quoting decades and then be dropping numbers in seasons.

Anyhow, i get ur point. EPL teams dey underperform in the UCL. But tbh, this might be the first time where there are no outright favorites to win the UCL. All the big teams have been below par this season so we might just get to see an English team win it.....or we may be in for a surprise and have an underdog lift it.

Folks construe my criticism of the EPL's performance in Europe as disdain for the EPL which is totally false. Even though I am a footaball fan first, I love the EPL passionately, however, we have been very poor in the UCL and it is frustrating to watch sometimes, particularly in the knock out stages. We were beasts in the early 2000's and feared by other leagues, not so much now. Like you said, English teams would need the luck of draws to win it this time because if English teams are matched against the big dogs from other prominent leagues, I worry they would get knocked out. It is imperative that EPL teams replicate its domestic competitiveness in the UCL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jemi7: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

Folks construe my criticism of the EPL's performance in Europe as disdain for the EPL which is totally false. Even though I am a footaball fan first, I love the EPL passionately, however, we have been very poor in the UCL and it is frustrating to watch sometimes, particularly in the knock out stages. We were beasts in the early 2000's and feared by other leagues, not so much now. Like you said, English teams would need the luck of draws to win it this time because if English teams are matched against the big dogs from other prominent leagues, I worry they would get knocked out. It is imperative that EPL teams replicate its domestic competitiveness in the UCL.

The truth is, my argument with you is not about how the Epl struggles in the Champions League(post Chelsea's win) that I know, everyone knows. My only quanta na say you dey use Lyon beating and drawing City as your reference to the Epl struggling or being exposed. That's just it man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
vicot:
Just read sarri presser
dude was blaming Kante ffs

He must be a very f00lish man then....

Maybe kante looks like luiz,jorginho,morata and kepa combined...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
Skimpledawg:

I really feel for Kante this period.
Dude be running around like Rashford undecided

[img]https://media1./images/bc858e69d5022807b84554b2d4583c10/tenor.gif?itemid=5122019[/img]

Don't disrespect Rashford angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

Or maybe it's not really that EPL is shiit but the coaches like Pep right? I agree too, getting disgraced by ordinary Lyon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Leyqute:

[img]https://media1./images/bc858e69d5022807b84554b2d4583c10/tenor.gif?itemid=5122019[/img]

Don't disrespect Rashford angry
Rashie has 1 World Cup, 2 Premier league titles, PFA player award? undecided

Abi, are you Mad? undecided grin

It's even a privilege to use his name same sentence with Kanteholic.

Now, swerve!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
Afolabi6046:
We can't sack him because of one loss naa, but he should adapt, Chelsea noh dey chill for person especially for a coach with unimpressive CV
i pray he adapts, but can he?

Well, i will not be surprised to see him parking the bus one day. Chelsea football club can make a coach do that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Sarri is saying its coming to a point where if Jorginho must play, Kante will be dropped.

I can't argue with that logic.

If the man wants to build his house on Jorginho's shoulders, then that's on him.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Rashie has 1 World Cup, 2 Premier league titles, PFA player award? undecided

Abi, are you Mad? undecided grin

It's even a privilege to use his name same sentence with Kanteholic.

Now, swerve!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

The UCL is renowned to be the ultimate test of competition in European club football, consequently, if you can not replicate your domestic dominance when you play with the big boys especially as champions, then it invariably questions the integrity and competitiveness of the domestic league. The La Liga have continued to show us every season that despite the fact they may be considered a 2 club league, they can dominate the other big boys from other countries when they meet. The same can be said about the Serie where Juvetus continue to assert their dominance and this dominance is replicated in their UCL performance and appearances in the finals. The champions of the premier league struggling to get only 1 point from a possible 6 out of a fixture against Lyon buttresses the fact that UCL is an exalted level of competition that exposes the EPL.

Over the past decade, only one EPL team has won the champions league (Chelsea) , despite the immense amount of investment in the league. Last season, Manchester City won the league by an amazing 19 points, scoring 106 goals but guess who knocked the "ALMIGHTY" city out of the champions league? Monaco!!!! Yes.. Monaco beat the highly respected local champion in the round of 16. If that does not mean exposure of the league as local champions then I am not sure what explains it. I mean, even the much maligned Bakayoko scored in the 2nd leg. Do we need to review their past performances in the competition since they became dominant in the league?

Manchester United making their worst start to the EPL makes no excuse because this same United side finished 2nd and 19 points away from eventual champions City. So they entered this season, including the champions league on a good foot. While their level may not be comparable to Juve, beating Juve is not unimaginable considering the individual talent they possess, consequently, they should match up well, man to man against Juve. The same applies to Liverpool who are parading the world'd most expensive defender in their line up and a dynamic front trio that took them to the finals last season, so if they beat PSG or pick up points, it should not be shocking. Are you seriously consoling us with Liverpool's appearance in the finals? The last time I checked, the UCL is all about that trophy and champions league winners medal and not a 2nd place finish. All these permutations and results does not underscore the fact that the EPL needs to show up and win the UCL so we can regain the respect of other leagues in Europe.

Have you tried this new fish?

The embolded is wrong.
Liverpool knocked out man city not monaco last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Roland17:

in the last decade
England won 2
Germany won 1
Italy won 1
Spain won 6
France won 0
So kini big deal?

We know Spain teams (Barca and Madrid) are ripping off the remaining 18 teams to get to where they are today. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
popizaino:

The embolded is wrong.
Liverpool knocked out man city not monaco last season.

Baba, the embolden has been identified and duly corrected in my subsequent post. Good looking out though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jemi7:

Last time Man United won the league, 5 years ago. Not even top 6 in the league. Last time Juventus last won the league, last season Number one in their league standings.

Last time Liverpool won the league, The devil was still trying to tempt Jesus, Highest league finish in the last 3 years, 4th. Last time PSG won the league, last season, Number one in their league standings.

It is very clear who the Champions League is exposing here. Your logic, not mine

At least I am kind enough to hand you this precious L with a smile on my face
1000 likes
Abeg take this gift

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
popizaino:

Great news.
how
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
nihilistjnr:
Sarri is saying its coming to a point where if Jorginho must play, Kante will be dropped.

If the man wants to build his house on Jorginho's shoulders, then that's on him.

except Jorginho would suddenly become a renowned marker, that's a BIG disaster
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
nihilistjnr:

Drop Kante.
Abi Sarri wan run mad.

I still dey look this Sarri.
He wan see our real agbero shekpe fans.

Who go drop Kante?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kamelot77(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
TalabiAudu:

Drop Kante.
Abi Sarri wan run mad.

Who go drop Kante?
he will not drop him, he just want him to improve........only fabregas can replace jorginho not kante
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=Leyqute post=73386675][/quote]
Taaa... You evil descendant of the Red devils..

Oya take it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
TalabiAudu:

Drop Kante.
Abi Sarri wan run mad.

Who go drop Kante?
that is the cause of Chelsea's inconsistency in recent years.

Changing of manager every 2-3 years.

Small time now, Kante go begin chop bench. Next thing, he starts losing form and his no longer happy, fans will start calling Kante names for playing rubbish any time he is given a chance.
What is the cause? Match rustiness.
Before you know it, he wants to leave. He leaves.
The following season, a new coach comes and start asking why a coach should allow/sanction the sale of such player.

The Next thing you know, the new coach starts selling and requesting for his own type of players and the cycle continues
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
I knew Kante in this attacking team no go work. Next is Azp, the guy seems confuse in this setup.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
May Thunder fire Dstv this night.
Shey Mah go outside go see this Liverpool vs PSG match now sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6281) (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) (6287) ... (20104) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.