Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,121 members, 7,900,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10941953 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (19686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
IF we are going to hype a dude up and call him "The future of Chelsea", if he isnt living up to standards at his very young age then he doesn't deserve it. All that trouble chelsea went through because of him, one would think he's the next big thing. Chamberlain, Walcott, Wilshere, Cleverly, Betrand, even terry at that age have been impressing. The fact that he might be a late developer does not mean we should stick with him nonetheless. Hence the reason i would like for him to go develop "late" somewhere else so we don't get comments like "Chelsea always destroy young player's careers" which we dont. It just that the gap between our top first team players and the reserves or academy is very wide.
kakuta being one of the few that get the chance (even if its not that much), don't show anything worthy with the appearances.

I don't want another Average joe be called the "future of Chelsea". The club deserves better than that. If any young player cant start showing signs of progression at 18,19,20, with the little appearance he's getting then he don't deserve anything. He hasn't even had any mad game for us for me to even vouch for him in public. So much was expected, little was shown, and i've ran out of support.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
lalaboi: IF we are going to hype a dude up and call him "The future of Chelsea", if he isnt living up to standards at his very young age then he doesn't deserve it. All that trouble chelsea went through because of him, one would think he's the next big thing. Chamberlain, Walcott, Wilshere, Cleverly, Betrand, even terry at that age have been impressing. The fact that he might be a late developer does not mean we should stick with him nonetheless. Hence the reason i would like for him to go develop "late" somewhere else so we don't get comments like "Chelsea always destroy young player's careers" which we dont. It just that the gap between our top first team players and the reserves or academy is very wide.
kakuta being one of the few that get the chance (even if its not that much), don't show anything worthy with the appearances.

I don't want another Average joe be called the "future of Chelsea". The club deserves better than that. If any young player cant start showing signs of progression at 18,19,20, with the little appearance he's getting then he don't deserve anything. He hasn't even had any mad game for us for me to even vouch for him in public. So much was expected, little was shown, and i've ran out of support.

You can point to Walcott, Wishere and Chamberlain because you see them now.
What do you imagine these player would have been if they were at Chelsea?

Sturridge was here for months and never got a sniff. Went to Bolton and started banging goals in left, right and centre.
Do you think Sturridge improved on the very day he got to Bolton. No he didn't. It was the same Sturridge but he scored on his debut and the next game.

What's happened since then? RDM doesn't even fancy him. . . but we saw Sturrdige is why we know what he can do.
What if we didn't see him? You probably be asking what the hype is all about.

What you are excluding is Kakuta had a nasty leg break that put him out for over a year. (I hope I remember the length of injury correctly)
His return coincided with CA's second spell at Chelsea. You therefore cannot fault him coming in from an injury not to be all guns blazing.

Another point you are missing is Kakuta's favourite position. Has he been nurtured correctly?
Kakuta is not a winger but every single time he's come on for Chelsea, he's been drafted to the wings.
How in this world do you expect him to fulfill his potential? It's like playing McEachran in attack and then blaming him for not doing well.

Before you condemn a player, establish that the right conditions have been provided for the kid to blossom.
Just like what you've seen with likes of Wilshere, Walcott, Cleverley.

What was the gap between Viera and Fabregas? Yet Fabregas was brought in and played. Did he hit the ground running? That's what you expecting a 19 year-old kid to do.

I am not saying that every young player has to make it but if Kakuta has the slightest chance of doing so, why are we not providing an extended opportunity?
You want a player to be explosive in 20mins of game time? Who develops a young player like that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think i may agree with majority of the points you made above

He might as well just leave. He won't get games with marin,oscar,hazard,mata in the team . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:16am On Aug 17, 2012
lalaboi: I think i may agree with majority of the points you made above

He might as well just leave. He won't get games with marin,oscar,hazard,mata in the team . . .

It's unfortunate. Take for example, Oscar already starts for Brazil's senior national team benching the likes of Kaka and Ganso.
If you have some time, read up the praises Menezes has for Oscar - how heralded the number 10 shirt is and how special they in Brazil see Oscar to allow him wear it.

If Oscar doesn't come to Chelsea and barring any long term injuries or other external mitigating factors, Oscar's on pole to go to Brazil 2014.

Yet I heard mid-week from someone who knows Neil Barnett saying that the club already decided that Oscar was bought for the future and that we should not expect him to get more than a handful of games. Can you imagine that? Even before the dude kicks a ball. So it already does not matter how he trains, what impact he has when he comes and perhaps what's his favourite position. In fact, there are strong chances that he could be used as a winger which could ruin the poor kid.

Apparently, the plan is to have Hulk/Ramires/Sturridge on the right, Marin/Malouda/Mata on the left and Hazard/Mata in the hole. If Hulk doesn't come, substitute Moses for Hulk. This already by a margin, wipes out Oscar's chances even though in my opinion, on the balance of technical ability, I rate Oscar slightly higher than Hazard and Mata - Whether that ability blossoms in the PL is another debate.

I am seriously hoping the story is not true and RDM will follow the ability and ignore the culture.

Even with all this, we are chasing Oliver Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2012
nateevs: on the balance of technical ability, I rate Oscar slightly higher than Hazard and Mata - Whether that ability blossoms in the PL is another debate.

Hehehe, with Ibime lurking, you have to launch a preemptive strike by adding disclaimer in bold grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2012
ritchboy:

Hehehe, with Ibime lurking, you have to launch a preemptive strike by adding disclaimer in bold grin grin grin

Bros, in this harsh climate. You have to watch your e-back - always. Guys are not smiling at all. grin grin
Even Debosky smells all threads from the discomfort of his bedroom. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 17, 2012
Blame it all On Philosophy - The pressures frm Mr Roman i think has contributed emersely to the youths development setbacks, who would really wanna lose his job jxt to mould a future for a Multi-rich Russian?

Itz at this Junture that i crave for a certain Pep Guardiola! cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
Whatever happens happens all I want is 3 pointer , whoever plays plays and the opposite..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2012
All we are saying, give us 3 points. Everything other thing na just analysis. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 7:28am On Aug 18, 2012
Wen wud chelsea play 2day and wats our expected line up
2look like, wud oscar play today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:56am On Aug 18, 2012
^^^^
whomeva he uses 4 his line shud giv us dat transition nd 3point,
my verdict: gonna be tough opener at the DW stadium ,i see them scoring first if we didn't score between 30 mins in first half ... 3 - 1 Lampard , Torres , cahill/mata on d score sheet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2012
Just a sharp one...

Chelsea will flop this season with their 1-pot-Many Maggi philosophy.
Only Torres/Sturridge as natural strikers.
And a Tactless Manager that relies more on luck than on tactical ability, who also know that his chairman doesnt really like/want him.....

Please lets just give United or City the cup now...

Thank you. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2012
seriously, i dont fancy RDM ,i'd prefer AVB still even though we finish 10th last season which is very much impossible we all know what lead to his sack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2012
190: Wen wud chelsea play 2day and wats our expected line up
2look like, wud oscar play today

Actually we are playing tomorrow (Sunday).

I would fancy this 4-3-3 line up:

Cech
Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole
Lampard-Mikel/Essien-Oscar
Mata-Torres-Hazard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
jackbauersballs: Just a sharp one...

Chelsea will flop this season with their 1-pot-Many Maggi philosophy.
Only Torres/Sturridge as natural strikers.
And a Tactless Manager that relies more on luck than on tactical ability, who also know that his chairman doesnt really like/want him.....

Please lets just give United or City the cup now...

Thank you. grin

even without thinking, i can authoritatively say that u are an arsenal fan. u have refused to see the problems in your camp rather u are concentrating on other teams. you lack respect for european champions and as such, u won't be champions. RDM relies on luck to win napoli, benfica, barca and buyern all in succession so tell me what is wrong with that. football is about anything u do within the premises of the rules and regulations to win. if playing 11 defenders or 11 strikers will win the game for u, fifa rules see nothing against that. at least, history of football has recorded that RDM won champions league before wenger and chelsea has won the champions league before arsenal. on the other hand, uefa ranking in the last 5 years have shown chelsea seating comfortably above arsenal. HOW MANY TIMES DOES A MAN KILL LION FOR YOU TO CALL HIM THE LION KILLER? we are chelsea and we don't care about what our haters or enemies are saying from a hideout so go try ur luck elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
Is oscar back to SB?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nastydamus(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2012
Our boy's just scored on his loan debut for West Brom.
Apparently his grumblings weren't without reason... grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
I'm worried for liverpool.
They are being run ragged
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
Lukaku scored with only 10mins on the field. Apparently, Chelsea just likes purchasing to see how they'll look on the bench. I remember when we got Lukaku, it was all praises for the man who would replace drogba. Now drogba is gone and we are still looking for his replacement. KDB was shipped to off without a chance to prove himself. I won't be surprised if we have a new manager next season and 25million Oscar is out on loan just to prove himself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
chelseabmw: Is oscar back to SB?

Someone should please answer me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
Yes he's back - check goal.com chelsea section for more oscar news
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItGeek(m): 12:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Babamide: Lukaku scored with only 10mins on the field. Apparently, Chelsea just likes purchasing to see how they'll look on the bench. I remember when we got Lukaku, it was all praises for the man who would replace drogba. Now drogba is gone and we are still looking for his replacement. KDB was shipped to off without a chance to prove himself. I won't be surprised if we have a new manager next season and 25million Oscar is out on loan just to prove himself

I'm a chelsea fan, but our transfer and youth policy sucks, it's appalling.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 19, 2012
chelseabmw: Is oscar back to SB?

Could make a Debut against the Lactics cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:46am On Aug 19, 2012
Oscar enjoying his 1st training session at Cobham with the Blue Family ♥ #CFC

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:47am On Aug 19, 2012
Chelsea interest holds up Modric Madrid move.

Luka Modric's 35 million move from Tottenham to Real Madrid has been thrown into doubt after last minute interest from European Champions Chelsea.

-HSL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 3:50am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2012
ItGeek:

I'm a chelsea fan, but our transfer and youth policy sucks, it's appalling.

uncle, you have a choice here. you can try arsenal where their transfer and youth policy do not suck. every team go through training sections and they go on pre-seasons. if a player proves himself, the coach will have no option. in man u, thousands of players come in and leave without a taste of premier league. u can ask bebe, obertan, manucho and diouf if u think am lying. do not look at arsenal because their ambition is not the same with chelsea. at arsenal, theirs is to raise and sale players while at chelsea we buy to land trophies. we don't give players 36 out of 38 matches in a season just to build their confidence.arsenal buys at 2.3 million and as such can afford to give u room to grow but a lukaku of 18 million must force his way into the team without delays.
at barca, ibrahimovic was bought at 40 million plus etoo but was released without delay at a give away price of 10 million because he was wasting their time. like i said, in epl, you have 20 teams so u are at ease to move on if where u are is not comfortable. what you hate about chelsea is what makes us hot so let lukaku do what he can to break through as we are waiting otherwise, TIME NO DEY OOO.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2012
1025:

we don't give players 36 out of 38 matches in a season just to build their confidence.
How many matches have u given torres?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2012
Babamide: How many matches have u given torres?

torres has nothing to prove. one thing is to keep a player on the bench, another thing is for the player to be comfortable with the idea. if you know about chelsea, u will know that torres has been on the bench while drogba was doing the damages. if u have another question, feel free to ask as i will be here to do justice to it or them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2012
U didn't even answer the question. When Drogba was at the nations cup in january, torres was flunking week in week out. It is a new season now and he is the only striker, no excuses. Let's see how long he would last. What I'm simply trying to say is that apart from both manchester teams, Lukaku is good enough to walk into any epl team. Why is he not good enough for substitute striker at chelsea??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2012
chelseabmw: http://www.football.co.uk/chelsea/chelsea_interest_holds_up_modric_madrid_move_rss3456917.shtml

Misplaced priority. If this rumor is indeed true, clearly your RDM is confused.

What do you need Modric for? Oscar, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Marko, Mata, Mereiles, etc are all there.

Chelsea is indeed the most confused club this season. Let's see whether you can improve your table position from 6th last season to relegation this season. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2012
Lol

What is this pataki??
Having a breather from youtube??

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (19686) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.