Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,293 members, 7,894,246 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10909475 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7551) (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) ... (19677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kimbeast:

Nobody said anything about foundation the term I used I was framework in the sense of the term set up, player roles etc. Kante is still being played in an attacking role, jorginho is still the Anchor of the midfield,Pedro still uses the flank runs, kovacic sub for Barkley grin grin. the main reason as to why kante looked better against Liverpool than with sarri in same position is because
sarri was too hell bent on 1 touch passing and wouldnt allow players to run with the ball, kante and kovacic’s best attributes are running with the ball, which was curtailed by sarri because he wanted 1-2 touch passing progression which was his biggest flaw last season and not for his players to hold onto the ball and run with it.
i think you are getting confused.

Sarri's undoing has nothing to do with 1 touch passing, it had Everything to do with not being direct in his play.

Lampard did not copy anything from sarri. He only benefitted from Sarri's work in the sense that he does not need to do much work on bringing the players up to speed on the quick passing, pressing and playing out from the back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Biggieboy:

Which system did he inherit when he was at Derby?

U guys should calm down with this ur propaganda abeg.
When Chelsea hired Conte and when the results where not going his way witu 4 at the back, how long did it take Chelsea to understand his 3 at the back tactics/philosophy. I remember Chelsea even one the first game Chelsea played with 3 at the back.

These guys have been training and learning lampard's tactics/philosophy for close to two months now, so attributing Lampard's effort to Sarri is totally wrong.

If u followed Chelsea preseason games u will know Chelsea worked with 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

If u said Sarri's philosophy made it easier for the team to adapt to Lampard's philosophy then I might be able to agree with u to an extent, but saying Lampard INHERITED Sarri's tactic is 100% wrong
exactly What I have been trying to let them know.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
nihilistjnr:
How anybody can look at what we played last night and see comparison to Sarriball is beyond me.

so if anybody plays 3 midfielders and 3 forwards, Sarri must take credit?

Shey we won't credit Sarri for inventing football too? or at least for building Stamford bridge?

It's shocking to say the least. All successors must thank their predecessors if they don't overhaul the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
airmark:

Thats a very wrong assumption. He inherited nadda from Sarri system as i explained earlier, Jorginho no more our only link to attack. We now play more forward passes, which make our game more direct. All these he did at Derby, without Sarri being his predecessor there.

Kante was a box to box player, that was also explosive for Leicester that year. So Sarri wasn't the one that taught him that, in fact he underperformed under him.

If Tomori and Mount could do well under Lampard last season, i will rather believe he's the one improving Emerson and co this season and not Sarri.

Airmark, be honest, Kante has been known primarily for his tough tackling and very hardworking ethics, never has he been famed for his technicalities and creativity which we are beginning to see.
We scorned Sarri for playing Kante further forward because we knew his strength lay basically in front of the defense but that has inadvertently led to his development as a creative midfielder.
Against Liverpool, Kante was clearly the most advanced of the midfielders in terms of position while Kovacic and jorginho lay at the base.

When you say jorginho was the only link to our attack, you sound like that was the only problem we had with Sarri's tactics.
You conveniently leave out where a lot of us were pointing out the fact that hazards ball hugging was incompatible with the one touch passing and sleek off the ball movement we can see now. You also forget that Kante was learning the new role in which Sarri had thrust him into etc.

I continue to say that Sarri's tenure was clearly a learning curve for the team with positives and negatives ant to totally discredit those positives is unfair.

And more so we STILL can't define for certain what "Lampard's football" is.
It's still early to say if it's working or not. Certainly we wouldn't want to be in a situation where there is no good balance between the attack and defense.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
donjazet:

I'm pointing out to you that Lampard did not carry out a revolution at derby like you would like to postulate, goals scored and conceded were very much alike before and during his tenure, like wise the position.

It took Guardiola one full year for his team to fully implement his philosophy. Don't forget he went trophyless.

It took Conte about 5-6 months with the team before he started using the 3 at the back formation
. Don't make it appear like that was his immediate formation. He experimented different systems before that.

And I point out again that various factors aided Conte, the formation took teams unaware, the lack of European football and an experienced team.
are you sure you followed our club that season?

BTW, Pep's problem in his first season was more about Personnel. The same thing that happened to conte in his second season. Personnel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2019
Greatihex:
i think you are getting confused.

Sarri's undoing has nothing to do with 1 touch passing, it had Everything to do with not being direct in his play.

Lampard did not copy anything from sarri. He only benefitted from Sarri's work in the sense that he does not need to do much work on bringing the players up to speed on the quick passing, pressing and playing out from the back

You contradict yourself and you call another person confused? cheesy

Answer this question honestly, before Sarri, was Chelsea known to be a high pressing team or a good passing team?
Did Sarri's method not make us more comfortable on the ball?
We didn't have goal scoring midfielders and that was one of our problems, do you know if that has been rectified yet?

We all hope that Lampard succeeds but there are not enough parameters yet to know exactly what his system is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
donjazet:

Airmark, be honest, Kante has been known primarily for his tough tackling and very hardworking ethics, never has he been famed for his technicalities and creativity which we are beginning to see.
We scorned Sarri for playing Kante further forward because we knew his strength lay basically in front of the defense but that has inadvertently led to his development as a creative midfielder.
Against Liverpool, Kante was clearly the most advanced of the midfielders in terms of position while Kovacic and jorginho lay at the base.

When you say jorginho was the only link to our attack, you sound like that was the only problem we had with Sarri's tactics.
You conveniently leave out where a lot of us were pointing out the fact that hazards ball hugging was incompatible with the one touch passing and sleek off the ball movement we can see now. You also forget that Kante was learning the new role in which Sarri had thrust him into etc.

I continue to say that Sarri's tenure was clearly a learning curve for the team with positives and negatives ant to totally discredit those positives is unfair.

And more so we STILL can't define for certain what "Lampard's football" is.
It's still early to say if it's working or not. Certainly we wouldn't want to be in a situation where there is no good balance between the attack and defense.

Epl isn't Serie A, Sarriball would have put us outside top4, if Arsenal and United took their chances. The smoker would still have run to Juve.

If Lampard played another system at Derby, you might have got a good point. Sorry he is using same system here and i'm optimistic he will succeed despite the constraints.

United sat behind the ball for majority of the first half, we still managed to create multiple chances inside their box. I had nightmares under Sarri, when teams parked their buses. Now i have hope of creating chances if you like park trucks.

Would Sarri had done better, capital NO. Unless you want to say Hazard was the reason his system didn't work last term. We will see how Sarri will use his fat Higuain to achieve in europe.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
airmark:

It's shocking to say the least. All successors must thank their predecessors if they don't overhaul the team.

It's not shocking as you've claimed, it's logical.

Don't we credit Mourinho for other managers success after his first stint with us?

Avram grant took Chelsea to a Champions League final, who did you credit that success to? Mourinho or grant?
Hiddinks FA cup triumph, who did you credit that success to? him or Mourinho?

You make it sound illogical to give credit where due.
I am not saying that Lampard hasn't done anything yet but facets of the team bears Sarri's hallmarks.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
donjazet:

You contradict yourself and you call another person confused? cheesy

Answer this question honestly, before Sarri, was Chelsea known to be a high pressing team or a good passing team?
Did Sarri's method not make us more comfortable on the ball?
We didn't have goal scoring midfielders and that was one of our problems, do you know if that has been rectified yet?

We all hope that Lampard succeeds but there are not enough parameters yet to know exactly what his system is.
you only copy what you cannot produce yourself. Lampard cannot be copying sarri when he was already doing his thing at Derby.

You can't say you don't know how Lampard likes to train and setup his team if you watched his Derby team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
donjazet:

It's not shocking as you've claimed, it's logical.

Don't we credit Mourinho for other managers success after his first stint with us?

Avram grant took Chelsea to a Champions League final, who did you credit that success to? Mourinho or grant?
Hiddinks FA cup triumph, who did you credit that success to? him or Mourinho?

You make it sound illogical to give credit where due.
I am not saying that Lampard hasn't done anything yet but facets of the team bears Sarri's hallmarks.

Mou successors didn't send away his main defenders at the back to achieve, thats why Mou was praised.

By the time Azpi is benched for Reece, tell me why we must thank Sarri for playing from the back with the new players?

Jorginho is no more going to be the target for our opponents, to break down our play, so Sarri system is gone with the winds.

Once you merit it you play, according to Lampard. Nobody will be forming the coach son in the team.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Biggieboy:

If u said Sarri's philosophy made it easier for the team to adapt to Lampard's philosophy then I might be able to agree with u to an extent, but saying Lampard INHERITED Sarri's tactic is 100% wrong.

@ the bolded, but that is EXACTLY what I'm saying.

That summarises my point.
Sarri's Philosophy made it easier for the team to adapt to Lampard.
That is my point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
Greatihex:
[b]you only copy what you cannot produce yourself. [/b]Lampard cannot be copying sarri when he was already doing his thing at Derby.

You can't say you don't know how Lampard likes to train and setup his team if you watched his Derby team

That is a very illogical statement.

You might know something but not be as good as someone else and IMPROVE from the person.

However, I'm not saying Lampard copied Sarri, that's your misunderstanding.
I'm saying Sarri's platform has helped Lampard and made it easier for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
Greatihex:
are you sure you followed our club that season?

BTW, Pep's problem in his first season was more about Personnel. The same thing that happened to conte in his second season. Personnel.

Especially for Conte, a times I wonder what would have been if Chelsea got him, a CB in VVD or that Napoli Kalibaly, Sandro, Lukaku
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
All these arguments, na una sabi

Can’t wait for Sunday to see the boys again.

Those boys dey give me joy. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
airmark:

Epl isn't Serie A, Sarriball would have put us outside top4, if Arsenal and United took their chances. The smoker would still have run to Juve.

If Lampard played another system at Derby, you might have got a good point. Sorry he is using same system here and i'm optimistic he will succeed despite the constraints.

United sat behind the ball for majority of the first half, we still managed to create multiple chances inside their box. I had nightmares under Sarri, when teams parked their buses. Now i have hope of creating chances if you like park trucks.

Would Sarri had done better, capital NO. Unless you want to say Hazard was the reason his system didn't work last term. We will see how Sarri will use his fat Higuain to achieve in europe.
Sarri has Ronaldo and a pretty great team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
SkimpleD:

am telling you, my only issue for now, apart from the unfair losses, is our striking role where even Tammy looks like a black Morata wearing a cursed number 9 shirt.

Giroud is slow for the kind of game Lampard wishes to play. A striker like Gabriel or Firmino would do Chelsea's attack good.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
If Giroud and Tammy struggle too much, Lamps could try Alonso or better still RLC when he returns in that number 9 role.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
BlueAngel444:

am telling you, my only issue for now, apart from the unfair losses, is our striking role where even Tammy looks like a black Morata wearing a cursed number 9 shirt.

Giroud is slow for the kind of game Lampard wishes to play. A striker like Gabriel or Firmino would do Chelsea's attack good.
He has to play Bats soon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
DExponential:

He has to play Bats soon.
but not in our next match though. I feel Lamps will still start Tammy in that game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Biggieboy: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
BlueAngel444:
but not in our next match though. I feel Lamps will still start Tammy in that game.

I see him starting the same eleven he used vs Liverpool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Biggieboy: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2019
SkimpleD:

Sir, what's ur take on the Sarri foundation propaganda?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
Propaganda grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Biggieboy:

Sir, what's ur take on the Sarri foundation propaganda?
Oga Donjazet won’t let the matter die grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
BlueAngel444:

The bolded is true. But, for a large part of the game on Wednesday, Giroud held up to his own. We really need a sharp and fast striker to slot in the goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
na serious propaganda cheesy

what foundation is even in question?

is not like we have a confirmed first eleven

going forward our 11 may likely be Kepa: Azi, Chris, Rudiger, Emerson: Jorginho, Kante. Mount: Willian, Tammy, Pulisic

Cesar, Christensen, Rudiger. actually reminds me of a back three with Conte
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
SkimpleD:

The bolded is true. But, for a large part of the game on Wednesday, Giroud held up to his own. We really need a sharp and fast striker to slot in the goals.
but for the mean time, if Mount, Tammy and Pulisic can develop an understanding and time their runs properly to beat offside traps, develop confidence and IQ to know when to shoot and actually shoot it would be amazing.

Because even now, is there a top 9 available to be bought next summer (apart from icardi or dybala)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
airmark:

Bruh at the start of Conte era on this very thread Afrodoc2 was calling for Kante to be used as a box 2 box.

I should know - he was telling me.

If Afrodoc2 can see these qualities while peering between legs in the gynaecologist ward, how much more the managers who coach him daily.

The biggest difference between Sarri and Lampard is in that midfield arrangement.

We haven't seen Akpuruka as the last man shielding defnce like with Sarri. So far, Kante and Kovacic are acting like body guards.

We also haven't seen the nonsense where Akpuruka controls all the play. see Kovacic throwing better passes.

We don't even play from the back like that sef. kepa dey kick better long ball to Giroud to nod on Wednesday.

Emerson Kovacic Pulisic tap and go also happened very rarely under sarri.

Instead Alonso will run, collect ball by touchline and then instead of pullout will pass back to Kovacic or Hazard.

Morata will make 10 runs the ball will never come

And we will never press Liverpool under sarri. are you mad? Go and look at the possession stats if those games and compare to wednesday.

Anybody that sees 433 and claims Sarri invented it should come - I get bridge for sale for bariga side

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2019
Oh boy siasia banned for life
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
Lampard has had just ONE season under his belt. Just the ONE. That is vastly insufficient for anyone to define clearly his philosophy.

You guys keep mentioning derby. The season before Lampard, derby got 75 points, conceded 48 goals, scored 70 goals and finished 6th.

During Lampards tenure, the team got 74 points, conceded 58 Goals, scored 69 goals and finished 6th.

You can clearly see that there was virtually no difference between both teams.

You guys are clearly letting sentiments cloud your judgement.

I do hope and believe that he would go on to be successful for us but the truth is that right now, nobody can clearly define his philosophy and tactics as a coach.
You could even say that he's still experimenting his methods and therefore surmise that at this point he has met a good platform upon which to be successful.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Bruh at the start of Conte era on this very thread Afrodoc2 was calling for Kante to be used as a box 2 box.

I should know - he was telling me.

If Afrodoc2 can see these qualities while peering between legs in the gynaecologist ward, how much more the managers who coach him daily.

The biggest difference between Sarri and Lampard is in that midfield arrangement.

We haven't seen Akpuruka as the last man shielding defnce like with Sarri. So far, Kante and Kovacic are acting like body guards.

We also haven't seen the nonsense where Akpuruka controls all the play. see Kovacic throwing better passes.

We don't even play from the back like that sef. kepa dey kick better long ball to Giroud to nod on Wednesday.

Emerson Kovacic Pulisic tap and go also happened very rarely under sarri.

Instead Alonso will run, collect ball by touchline and then instead of pullout will pass back to Kovacic or Hazard.

Morata will make 10 runs the ball will never come

And we will never press Liverpool under sarri. are you mad? Go and look at the possession stats if those games and compare to wednesday.

Anybody that sees 433 and claims Sarri invented it should come - I get bridge for sale for bariga side
You don finally wan trust Lampard now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
SkimpleD:

You don finally wan trust Lampard now?

At all.

Just pointing out how silly it is to compare Sarri ball to Lampardball

(1) (2) (3) ... (7551) (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) ... (19677) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, hensben(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.