Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,381 members, 7,891,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:39 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10886835 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) (7793) ... (19663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

That means he is not good enough. If he was good enough he will play for England. Sterling was born in Jamaica and he is now almost Englands captain because he is good enough
Playing despite loss of form means Nigeria condone mediocrity but England will not
Will you rather stay in Burnley and be guaranteed a starting shirt or try to risk playing for Barcelona and chop bench when you drop form
Will you rather stay at Taraba Poly and be finishing first every season or try your luck at Oxford University even if you might be last in the class?

Okocha knew Iwobi was not good enough to play for England or any European country that was why

either way, you only agreed with me.
nigeria condones mediocrity. no player can stay in top form forever unless you are ronaldo or messi.
so those times you dip in form is when you need your country the most.

mikel obi declined nigeria's invite all through the afcon qualifiers. immediately he was about to become clueless after middlesborough, he just made a call and bammm, he is nations cup and got signed by some club in turkey.

how many players can have such privilege playing for england?

and nope, i already answered your question, i wouldnt advise anyone to decline england call.
and yes, i would rather be king at taraba poly than a failure at oxford.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Truth is top talents will go to the best place for their talent

No brilliant Engineer will leave Amazon paying him $500k a yr and go to Obi and sons just because they will never sack you
lol

to each his own.

a brilliant engineer collecting 500k at amazon that could get fired because amazin saw another brilliant engineer is not better than being a potential top manager at obi and son that pays 100k with alot of benefit wink

and no matter how brilliant or talented you think you are, there will always be someone better. and you can not always maintain top form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
either way, you only agreed with me.
nigeria condones mediocrity. no player can stay in top form forever unless you are ronaldo or messi.
so those times you dip in form is when you need your country the most.

mikel obi declined nigeria's invite all through the afcon qualifiers. immediately he was about to become clueless after middlesborough, he just made a call and bammm, he is nations cup and got signed by some club in turkey.

how many players can have such privilege playing for england?

and nope, i already answered your question, i wouldnt advise anyone to decline england call.
and yes, i would rather be king at taraba poly than a failure at oxford.

There are players who have over 50 caps for England. John Barnes was born in Jamaica and he has over 70 caps for England

If you are sure of your abilities, you will play for the best place in your career. Only the ones who are not sure of themselves like Iwobi and Zaha will do that

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LUGER(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ibime:

Congrats
Beg your tribesmen to play for us na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

There are players who have over 50 caps for England. John Barnes was born in Jamaica and he has over 70 caps for England

If you are sure of your abilities, you will play for the best place in your career. Only the ones who are not sure of themselves like Iwobi and Zaha will do that
lol john barnes.

why not tell us players in this generation that switch allegiance and still have 50 caps for england?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
lol john barnes.
why not tell us players in this generation that switch allegiance and still have 50 caps for england?

Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica he is just 24yrs old and has over 50 caps

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Give us details and stats of how he beasted qualifiers?? How many games, how many minutes how many goals , how many assists

Tammy is a 9, Is Sancho a 9? and why can't he bench Rashford? This season so far, he has been better than Rashford

England plays with Sterling,Rashford and Kane with Kane playing more centrally and the other two wide.Tammy can't play wide as he is a centre guy. Will he displace Kane from that line up?? England aren't going for a 4-4-2.Even if they will, it will be either Rashford-Kane or Vardy-Kane.

Tammy will self destruct if he plays for England.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Adiwana:

England plays with Sterling,Rashford and Kane with Kane playing more centrally and the other two wide.Tammy can't play wide as he is a centre guy. Will he displace Kane from that line up?? England aren't going for a 4-4-2.Even if they will, it will be either Rashford-Kane or Vardy-Kane.

Vardy is 32yrs will retire soon, Abraham is 21 and Kane is 26yrs prime age better than Abraham but injury prone. If Abraham continues starting for Chelsea and playing well, why cant he start at the world cup for England or at worst be first sub for Kane

Why will he destruct by playing for England and not by playing for Nigeria
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
airmark:
Tomori and Abraham called by England. Big loss to Nigeria. angry

Good decision from them.
The country doesn't deserve them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica he is just 24yrs old and has over 50 caps
and?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
and?

Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell Emile Heskey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Vardy is 32yrs will retire soon, Abraham is 21 and Kane is 26yrs prime age better than Abraham but injury prone. If Abraham continues starting for Chelsea and playing well, why cant he start at the world cup for England or at worst be first sub for Kane

Why will he destruct by playing for England and not by playing for Nigeria

Kane still has a minimum of 5 years of top level football and will always be available to England unless he has a very serious injury that takes him out or makes him lose form very badly. Tammy will be 26 by then. If Tammy can't break into the English team before 26 years,what makes you think he's getting that shirt at that age??

And no, Kane will always get 90 minutes football.Tammy will always be thrown into games where England need to desperately score.

What then happens if Tammy loses form?? He will always play for Nigeria but England will forget about him when a new kid pops up on the block

Whats the point of scoring hattricks and playing well at club level only to play second fiddle to Kane??

He has himself to blame if he ever puts on that shirt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Kane still has a minimum of 5 years of top level football and will always be available to England unless he has a very serious injury that takes him out or makes him lose form very badly. Tammy will be 26 by then. If Tammy can't break into the English team before 26 years,what makes you think he's getting that shirt at that age??

And no, Kane will always get 90 minutes football.Tammy will always be thrown into games where England need to desperately score.

What then happens if Tammy loses form?? He will always play for Nigeria but England will forget about him when a new kid pops up on the block

Whats the point of scoring hattricks and playing well at club level only to play second fiddle to Kane??

He has himself to blame if he ever puts on that shirt

No ones form is guaranteed including Kane's. Last season Kane was injured from the first leg of the CL quarter till season end if there was a world cup or National tournament last summer another striker would have started for England and why can't that be Tammy Abraham

What happens if Kane lose form and Tammy becomes Etoo or Drogba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell Emile Heskey
are they from this generation? are they still active like sterling?

the fact that you are struggling to bring names despite a good number of players that switched allegiance to england should mean something.

i mean look at freaking iwobi, he started 2015 and he already has more than 35 caps. what about ola aina? small game time at torino is about to seal his nigeria's first 11 faith.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
are they from this generation? are they still active like sterling?
the fact that you are struggling to bring names despite a good number of players that switched allegiance to england should mean something.
i mean look at freaking iwobi, he started 2015 and he already has more than 35 caps. what about ola aina? small game time at torino is about to seal his nigeria's first 11 faith.

Rashofrd started 2016, he already has 34 caps, Kyle Walker has 48 caps, Jadon Sancho already has 8 caps. Even Lingaard has 24 caps

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Rashofrd started 2016, he already has 34 caps, Kyle Walker has 48 caps, Jadon Sancho already has 8 caps.
how many of them switched allegiance?
how many them can guarantee atleast 80 caps for england despite always been english players.?

do you want to bet against iwobi having atleast 80 caps for nigeria?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RTSC2: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Zaha chose Ivory Coats because he cannot make England. If Zaha was good enough to make England he wont choose CIV

Long term security means you can afford to lose form play nonsense and be guaranteed a shirt. Some people always want to always strive to be best in their life and not settle for mediocrity
But you cannot always guarantee that you would always be in top form.
How would it help you if you are dumped as soon as you hit a rough patch?
It is being penny Wise, Pound foolish.
Just look at dele Alli.

BTW, are you saying zaha, the best dribbler in the premier league with a release clause of over 70million pounds cannot enter the English team?
Do you know the uproar that ensued in England when he chose Ivory coast?
Lol. You must be kidding.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
how many of them switched allegiance?
how many them can guarantee atleast 80 caps for england despite always been english players.?

do you want to bet against iwobi having atleast 80 caps for nigeria?

Where is Abraham switching allegiance from? All these black players also have parents and ancestors from West Indies and not from UK

The same connection Tomori and Abraham have with Nigeria is what Rashford has to St Kitts and other black players have to West Indies

I can guarantee you that Sterling will have at least 80 caps

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
RTSC2:

But you cannot always guarantee that you would always be in top form.
How would it help you if you are dumped as soon as you hit a rough patch?
It is being penny Wise, Pound foolish.
Just look at dele Alli.

BTW, are you saying zaha, the best dribbler in the premier league with a release clause of over 70million pounds cannot enter the English team?
Do you know the uproar that ensued in England when he chose Ivory coast?
Lol. You must be kidding.

So if Abraham cannot guarantee that he will always be at top form, Is it Kane that can guarantee that?
Who will they not dump if he hits a rough patch?
Dele Alli is not in form, cannot even play regularly for Spurs.

Best dribbler? what type of foolish title is that? Just like Adama Traore is best dribbler. Is he better than Sterling or Sancho?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Where is Abraham switching allegiance from? All these black players also have parents and ancestors from West Indies and not from UK

The same connection Tomori and Abraham have with Nigeria is what Rashford has to St Kitts and other black players have to West Indies

I can guarantee you that Sterling will have at least 80 caps
all black players have roots in africa.

pretty sure you know that's not the type of players we are talking about. you already listed the type when you were listing old players.

so you can only guarantee sterling? cheesy
can you bet on it? wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Vardy announced his retirement after the 2018 world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
all black players have roots in africa.

pretty sure you know that's not the type of players we are talking about. you already listed the type when you were listing old players.

so you can only guarantee sterling? cheesy
can you bet on it? wink

Why should Abraham and Tomori play for Nigeria and Rashford not play for St Kitts, Sterling for Jamaica. I am certain Rashford and Sancho barring injuries will make 50 caps
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

First how is Abraham or Tomori Nigerian? Have they lived in Nigeria more than England? How is Rashford more English than Abraham?

If Zaha was good enough he would be playing for England and not Cote d voire

By root and that's the most important thing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Obere4u:

By root and that's the most important thing

How do you determine root? Do you know where your great grandfathers migrated from? Yoruba folklore has it that they migrated from Middle east while people from the east claim they migrated from Israel

Maybe Tomori should be playing for Saudi Arabia, while Iwobi should be playing for Israel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why should Abraham and Tomori play for Nigeria and Rashford not play for St Kitts, Sterling for Jamaica. I am certain Rashford and Sancho barring injuries will make 50 caps
lol you are just grasping at straw. rashford playing for england has never be in doubt. not even sure there was ever any pressure on him to even switch allegiance. but its okay if you wanna add that.

are you willing to bet on those 3?
what is barring injury? injury shouldn't be a problem unless its life time injury that made them suddenly stopped playing football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
lol you are just grasping at straw. rashford playing for england has never be in doubt. not even sure there was ever any pressure on him to even switch allegiance. but its okay if you wanna add that.

are you willing to bet on those 3?
what is barring injury? injury shouldn't be a problem unless its life time injury that made them suddenly stopped playing football.

What is the difference between Rashford and Abraham

Ones parents are from Nigeria the other from St Kitts

So why should Abraham play for Nigeria and Rashford not play for St Kitts

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
thorrvik55:

I'm not sure he was contacted when he was at Derby.
It's Abraham I know Pinnick contacted either last season or two seasons ago, which in my opinion is still too late.

I just confirmed that the boy is a relative from my maternal side. What a day !!!.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Truth is top talents will go to the best place for their talent

No brilliant Engineer will leave Amazon paying him $500k a yr and go to Obi and sons just because they will never sack you
I love this example

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

What is the difference between Rashford and Abraham

Ones parents are from Nigeria the other from St Kitts

So why should Abraham play for Nigeria and Rashford not play for St Kitts
there was pressure from nigeria. is there any pressure on rashford from st skirt?

plus i said you can add him now abi?
can you bet on 80 caps?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
obainojazz:
I'm still waiting for your Canada call up cool
Abi you no wan play for Canada

grin

Na coach i go be, i don pass the age.

Sending my kid to Chelsea academy in future by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
airmark:

I just confirmed that the boy is a relative from my maternal side. What a day !!!.
so you are related to deputy governor of osun? wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
You people think playing for National team especially a crap National team like Nigeria is a honour?

Many footballers lose the love for International football after a couple of years, much less sacrificing your little rest time to be travelling in rickety planes and staying in shoddy hotels with Super Eagles, where you will be arguing over bonuses and wondering why you are playing with some 40 year old men who falsified their age, or wondering why you are playing with some crap players who paid egunje to make the squad. Any small injury and you lose your club place. Naija will not even have functioning MRI to scan you if you get injured on National duty. You cannot even enjoy the country you are playing for and cannot go anywhere unless surrounded by MOPOL with heavy weaponry.

I repeat, there is no benefit for a multimillionaire to sacrifice his sweat playing for Nigeria. Leave that to players still finding their way like Leon Balogun, Troost Ekong, Ola Aina and co. who can use Super Eagles appearances to showcase themselves and get better contracts.

If I am Abraham and co, it is better I rest during international week and be fresh to perform for my club where I feed my family than kill myself playing for Naija.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) (7793) ... (19663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordfalcao(m), Bimmarlykay(m), raumdeuter, Kimbeast and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.