Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,986 members, 7,876,729 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10806012 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (19519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
We welcome Moses to Chelsea.
I will feel better when he arrives, it is stupid to rely on the dud only.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Moses and kalou are brothers. Looking forward to coogars numerous lamentations as to why Moses could not square an easy pass for dud to score tap-in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
debosky:

http://www.eplindex.com/

You may need to subscribe to get access to the stats wink

Since you are already subscribed just send me your password. I don't pay for such things
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
its quite baffling as to how bad sturridge has become overnight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
A-40:
its quite baffling as to how bad sturridge has become overnight

Sturridge has not become anything overnight. He is displaying characteristics on the wing which we expect the lily livered dud to display upfront such as fearlessness and brazen confidence to take shot from anywhere. Sturridge is chelseas best striker by a country mile and Chelsea would regret their treatment of him in deference to the flailing shekpe keeper when they see him banging goals for another club. Tunnel vision is an attribute for strikers and a weakness in any other position. Sturridge is no different to odemwingie who can pop a million goals in the no9 position but suddenly becomes wild and erratic when deployed on the wing. Some people don't know that studge has only ever played 45 minutes in the no9 position in his whole Chelsea career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime:

Sturridge has not become anything overnight. He is displaying characteristics on the wing which we expect the lily livered dud to display upfront such as fearlessness and brazen confidence to take shot from anywhere. Sturridge is chelseas best striker by a country mile and Chelsea would regret their treatment of him in deference to the flailing shekpe keeper when they see him banging goals for another club. Tunnel vision is an attribute for strikers and a weakness in any other position. Sturridge is no different to odemwingie who can pop a million goals in the no9 position but suddenly becomes wild and erratic when deployed on the wing. Some people don't know that studge has only ever played 45 minutes in the no9 position in his whole Chelsea career

WORD!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime: Moses and kalou are brothers. Looking forward to coogars numerous lamentations as to why Moses could not square an easy pass for dud to score tap-in

which begs the question - why do chelsea sign the clones of pius ikedia? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

which begs the question - why do chelsea sign the clones of pius ikedia? grin

Like hazard, marin or Mata?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190theclown: 1:51am On Aug 24, 2012
dayonaku
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2012
Chelsea will take their summer spending to a staggering £73million after Wigan agreed a £9m deal for winger Victor Moses with them on Thursday night.
#CFC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2012
Azpilicueta will soon be a chelsea player, dont mind their president. Is desame thing dat wigan coach talk early yesterday b4 finally agree a deal. Azpilicueta 2 chelsea is a done deal. Next 2 come on dead line day is Cavani or Leawandoski,but am sure it will be Cavani. Up blues.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Ibime: Moses and kalou are brothers. Looking forward to coogars numerous lamentations as to why Moses could not square an easy pass for dud to score tap-in

I agree with u bros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2012
chelseabmw: Azpilicueta will soon be a chelsea player, dont mind their president. Is desame thing dat wigan coach talk early yesterday b4 finally agree a deal. Azpilicueta 2 chelsea is a done deal. Next 2 come on dead line day is Cavani or Leawandoski,but am sure it will be Cavani. Up blues.

God bless you more than u can ever imagine. do u know the debate now is on whether moses will succeed at chelsea or not. i ask, did anybody give it to Mikel? if moses is a good player, he will prove that at chelsea and if he does, the club will have no choice than to play him. God bless the day i join chelsea. chelsea too dey make me happy. we are waiting for the arrival of Azpilicueta and Cavani. the name of the game is forward ever, backward never.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Ibime: Hey guapo what's the name of that app that gives you the opta stats. I need to download sharpish. Cougar was trying to use that app to gain advantage on me in fpl last season but ma superior footie instincts won the day. NBA biko code me in sharpish.

Lol -- Bro IB u'll have to drop some dough for the Dudes as in Subscription cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2012
Reading and Wigan – what we’ve learnt so far cool

Two games into the season and what have Chelsea fans learnt so far? Quite a few things actually, most of them good. Granted, we haven’t been tested by a really solid team yet although both Reading and Wigan were no pushovers. Here’s what we’ve learnt:

1. Hazard has the ball glued to his feet: the French player of the year, two years in succession, has already made more assists than a Savoy waiter and looks the finished article aged just 21. Strong-willed and powerful for such a small player, his jinky runs, smooth passing and clever positional play mark him out as an automatic first eleven choice. The player we’ve been missing? Quite probably – and what an engine.

2. Di Matteo is under orders to change the team’s style: [/b]The first two games have showcased a new style – short passes, more intricate play and faster transitions. It’s still a work in progress and the team is yet to gel properly, but it’s a breath of fresh air after the slow build up play and long balls of the recent past.

3. [b]We’re going to concede more goals:
our new style makes us more vulnerable to counter attacks and we’re going to concede more goals this season. The new style also makes JT appear a little slow and he’s going to need more solid support from his teammates.

4. Frank needs to find his feet: Lamps is starting to look battle weary and his deeper position isn’t bringing out the best in him. He had a poor game against Reading and at Wigan he didn’t fare much better. Still, give him time as he’s a fit, strong and intelligent player who will adapt. This could be his final season though as Oscar looks to be eyeing his old role.

5. Torres needs more support: Torres can’t run the line in the same way that Drogba could. Against Wigan and Reading he often disappeared or was surrounded by two centre halves who didn’t give him a touch. Unless he’s quickly supported by deeper players like Hazard and Mata, Torres looks lost. Solution? Quicker transitional play and speedier link up with Chelsea’s number nine.

6. Cech looks rusty: Let’s put it down to summer rustiness but his performance against Reading wasn’t up to his usual standards to put it mildly. He almost won the Frank Sinclair ‘hooof’ award with his kicking straight into touch and his clanger against Guthrie could have cost us a few points. Needs to sharpen up.

7. Oscar looks the business: like Hazard, Oscar is already the finished deal and although he looks like he’s just returned home from his paper round, our Brazilian playmaker appears assured, composed and sharp. Will need more time to adjust to the English game than Hazard but looks a superb buy.

8. We need a winger: Whether Marko Marin is the player we need only time will tell. However, as talented as Mata, Hazard and Ramires are, they aren’t Usain Bolt. We need a speedy winger although Daniel Sturridge made a superb cameo as a wide player against Reading – if only he would pass the ball rather than sky it into the Matthew Harding Lower. Infuriating given his talent.

9. We look a bit lightweight in the centre of the park: I’m not sure whether Mikel and Frank will work as the season progresses because the combination looks too static and lacks dynamism. An Essien style player (pre-injury) or a younger Frank would be better suited to our new style of play. Again, time will tell.

10. The future looks bright: the shipping out of Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa and the addition of Oscar and Hazard has freshened the team up – something we’ve needed for the last few years. The bench also looks strong with players willing to fight it out for a first team place (Essien, Meireles etc). If the team gels quickly and we find a rhythm we could be unstoppable.

11. Our support needs to show more, err, support: The European Champions need less whingeing and more support. Some of the bickering in the Matthew Lower makes your ears bleed. Sing up or shut up and leave the whingeing to the pub. The team deserve nothing less.

KTBFFH
wink wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Everytime Torres scores 1 goal, I see every Chelsea page or Torres page say "Hes back!" After that being said, he doesn't score for a few games. Please stop... undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2012
1025:

God bless you more than u can ever imagine. do u know the debate now is on whether moses will succeed at chelsea or not. i ask, did anybody give it to Mikel? if moses is a good player, he will prove that at chelsea and if he does, the club will have no choice than to play him. God bless the day i join chelsea. chelsea too dey make me happy. we are waiting for the arrival of Azpilicueta and Cavani. the name of the game is forward ever, backward never.

my broda am not than happy,smiling,teething and dancing all because i am a member of CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.Victor moses will shine any day any time.We are well prepared now.I cant wait to see cavani on my team sheet. wink

ThankGod i never joined Arsenal grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2012
Chelsea have a new right back. Cesar Azpilicueta has signed and will train with new team-mates this morning.”

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE HERE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2012
Sky Sports : #CFC

Chelsea have seen their fifth bid for Wigan forward Victor Moses accepted and the player has been given permission to speak to the club, the Latics have confirmed.

Wigan have held firm over Moses all summer, refusing to
sell him unless the Blues meet his reported £9million price tag.

Manager Roberto Martinez claimed only earlier on Thursday that Chelsea were yet to table an offer in line with the club's asking price.

But the Londoners have now met the Latics' valuation, with a statement on the club's official website confirming a fifth offer has been accepted after rejecting four previous attempts.

The statement read on Thursday night: "The club can confirm that after four unsuccessful bids from Chelsea for Victor Moses, a fifth bid has today finally met the valuation and terms set by Wigan Athletic and been accepted.

"The player has been given permission to speak with Chelsea."

Nigeria international Moses put in an impressive performance against Chelsea as the Blues won 2-0 at the DW Stadium last Sunday.

His arrival at Stamford Bridge would add to manager Roberto Di Matteo's already impressive summer haul of Eden Hazard, Brazilian starlet Oscar and Marko Marin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2012
Moses may quadruple his wages by signing a contract with Chelsea. He is reportedly set to earn £40,000 per week.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Don't see the point of buying moses now when we can get him to sign for free in January and come at the end of the season. We've been bullied by WIgan and submitted to the crazy demands for a player in the last year of his contract. 9million is not even the worth of moses even if he had a 4yrs contract at wigan. . . I particularly don't like this Whelan dude, if i was the representative of chelsea, i would tell him to go spin on a pole up his arse.

Oh well, The deal is done and its not the first time we pay over the top for players.

Now wonder if this will mean moses on the wing and sturridge upfront as torres backup. . The headache RDM is causing himself with this current team is pointless still. . . .I'm sure he don't even know our best starting 11. .

Moses (£9m) Vs Hoillet £4mill Vs Johnson (possible £8m)? WHich would you choose?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
lalaboi: Don't see the point of buying moses now when we can get him to sign for free in January and come at the end of the season. We've been bullied by WIgan and submitted to the crazy demands for a player in the last year of his contract. 9million is not even the worth of moses even if he had a 4yrs contract at wigan. . . I particularly don't like this Whelan dude, if i was the representative of chelsea, i would tell him to go spin on a pole up his arse.

Oh well, The deal is done and its not the first time we pay over the top for players.

Now wonder if this will mean moses on the wing and sturridge upfront as torres backup. . The headache RDM is causing himself with this current team is pointless still. . . .I'm sure he don't even know our best starting 11. .

Moses (£9m) Vs Hoillet £4mill Vs Johnson (possible £8m)? WHich would you choose?

uncle, that is an arsenal way of reasoning. here at chelsea, we reason differently. january and next season are both long time to wait for a club that has many many and too many competitions to win.
what is wrong if a second nigerian join the beneficiaries of the russian oil funds?
pls celebrate the latest arrival in Cesar while we await the arrival of another hot material in the position of a striker.
chelsea is the way forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
lalaboi: Don't see the point of buying moses now when we can get him to sign for free in January and come at the end of the season. We've been bullied by WIgan and submitted to the crazy demands for a player in the last year of his contract. 9million is not even the worth of moses even if he had a 4yrs contract at wigan. . . I particularly don't like this Whelan dude, if i was the representative of chelsea, i would tell him to go spin on a pole up his arse.

Hoillet!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well, you will think even if Chelsea is silly enough to not see Hoilett at £4m as a bargain, how come United, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton can't see it. Sometimes, there are some things professionals at the clubs are paid to see that eludes the eyes of ordinary fans like you and I.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
nateevs: Well, you will think even if Chelsea is silly enough to not see Hoilett at £4m as a bargain, how come United, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton can't see it. Sometimes, there are some things professionals at the clubs are paid to see that eludes the eyes of ordinary fans like you and I.

Do you think those teams dont need Wingers?

united has Valencia, Young and Nani

Arsenal has Walcott, Arshavin Gervinho

Spurs has Bale and Lennon

Etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you think those teams dont need Wingers?

united has Valencia, Young and Nani

Arsenal has Walcott, Arshavin Gervinho

Spurs has Bale and Lennon

Etc

I think your argument further elaborates my points in that it's not about the presence of wingers in the teams you've mentioned, it's about if they are getting a bright prospect, one who is nearly as good or maybe even better than what they have for £4m. As the case is, no one sees this.

If these teams do not think Hoilett at £4m is a bargain, it's probably because they know he would not offer the competition expected.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ibime:

Since you are already subscribed just send me your password. I don't pay for such things

I don't have a subscription. . . . I just provide coogar with 'bushmeat' and he gets me all the stats that I need. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
debosky:

I don't have a subscription. . . . I just provide coogar with 'bushmeat' and he gets me all the stats that I need. grin

and the quality of your bushmeats has been shitty lately, what's up with that? if i don't see any marked improvement, i am terminating your contract. ibime is from the murky waters of ijaw - the wildlife down there makes a mockery of the amazon forest!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:02am On Aug 25, 2012
Its quite refreshing to see Chelsea switch from pensioner to Justin Bieber in a single transfer window. Pretty deft transfer moves! Surely the goal should be winning the league not just a top 4 finish

@Ibime
Even if he got shafted to the wing I don't see how that contributes to not just a low football IQ being exhibited by him but abysmal finishing to boot. His finishing these days makes Kalou look like Gerd Muller
I'd hate to have to choose between Sturridge and The Shekpe Keeper
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2012
chelsea plays well and win ,mikel also plays well ,
chelsea played woefully ,mikel still according to Coogars opta stat he plays his best football. .

Essien come back to life! or where the fffcukkk is Fellaini!
MIKEL IS FAKE !

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (19519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.