Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,699 members, 7,948,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11183350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (19918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
Coogar let us play Ruzzle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
Tval:
Coogar let us play Ruzzle

ruzzle?
not played that ish in 2 years. i have graduated to 2 dots. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

ruzzle?
not played that ish in 2 years. i have graduated to 2 dots. grin
I just downloaded it, got to know via your posts some years ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
Tval:
I just downloaded it, got to know via your posts some years ago.

go & have fun with it.
i have outgrown ruzzle.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
raumdeuter:
League wey Mancini and Pellegrini dey win is already a joke and not a measure of success

And did I see someone mention Capital one cup? A laurel so useless that it has no equivalent in other countries

This is uber-nonsense.

Mancini has managed Inter Milan whilst Pellegrini has managed Real Madrid, both are definitely experienced and shrewd gaffers.

Both managers winning the EPL with star-studded Citeh sides doesn't in anyway make the league a joke.

This your myopic assertion can only hold water if both managers actually won the league titles with average sides like Spuds and Everton.

Moreover, this isn't your question to answer Bavarian tongue

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
So, Jose mourinho's son was removed from instagram yesterday for dropping his views about Chelsea's supporters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Assnal has scored can they pull something out
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
C'mon Gunners!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
Another English side collapse..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EDDIEBANGA(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
Tval:
So, Jose mourinho's son was removed from instagram yesterday for dropping his views about Chelsea's supporters.

He deleted his account
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
Bimffo:
Another English side collapse..
Those ones have always been useless, we already know if at all english teams make it to the knockout, there's one whose bus-stop is 2nd round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
So these are the ways penalties are taken in germany cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 7:07am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: Monaco Vs Arsenal: UCL (0 - 2) On 17th
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:35pm On Mar
cry cry cry cry cry
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:30pm On Mar
seeozil!!!! angry
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:26pm On Mar
bellerin this is not the time!!!! angry
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:25pm On Mar
Blackett:
All these tears you're sharing. grin
this is too much cry cry
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:24pm On Mar
OMG cry cry
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:24pm On Mar
FREEKICK
make it count boys
pleaseeeeeee cry cry
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:22pm On Mar
COYG!!!!!!!!
pLEASEEE cry cry cry
March 2015 by mukina2: 10:21pm On Mar
Oh God
Please
1 more to go
cry cry cry
Lord muki really suffered yesterday sha diaris God for assnal o, Fredoooooo why you no comfort am now it not fair o cheesy;(

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 18, 2015
Tval:

It's hardly a success story.

Those folks aren't too good when it comes to shoot-outs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2015
AirborneLacer:

It's hardly a success story.

Those folks aren't too good when it comes to shoot-outs.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Tval:

At least they stood up to atletico last year's finalist and lost on penalties

We know how you fared when you played the same atletico
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iykmora(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Chelsea's policy to circumvent Financial Fair Play procedures is not exactly top secret. Buy them young, stack them high, loan them out and sell them for profit. It may not seem particularly romantic or even moral, but that matters not. Necessity is the mother of all invention.
For the most part, the strategy has worked wonderfully. In the last year alone, David Luiz, Romelu Lukaku, Andre Schurrle and Ryan Bertrand were all sold for a profit totalling £55m. These are the first of this new Chelsea production line - more will undoubtedly follow.
The idea is that Chelsea use the loan system as a means of assessing their youth talent, sending scouts across Europe to determine whether players are likely to make it at Stamford Bridge. Thibaut Courtois and Kurt Zouma are two such success stories, but there are far more candidates than places within Jose Mourinho's first-team squad. The club's official website lists 26 players who are currently out on loan.
"What people don't see is that it's a massive development piece," Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay told the Evening Standard. "The loan system is not just a matter of saying, 'Okay, we'll see you in 12 months'. We've only loaned players out to teams that allow day-to-day communication by our management team. Within 30 minutes of a game finishing, every player reports into someone at the club."
One player who knows Chelsea's loan system more than most is Kevin de Bruyne. Signed on the final day of the January transfer window in 2012 from Genk, the playmaker was immediately loaned back for the remainder of that season. Before 2012/13 had even started, he was loaned for the entire season to Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga.
De Bruyne had high hopes of impressing in England but, after an assist on the opening day of 2013/14 against Hull, the Belgian would play just two more league games for Chelsea. "I know something has to change. Sooner or later, I will have to play," De Bruyne said in October 2013. "But what can I do at this moment besides training hard and keeping quiet?" The only answer from Mourinho was to publicly criticise his player's performances in training.
By January 2014, De Bruyne had been sold to Wolfsburg for a fee of £18m (a 257% profit margin in two years) and the magician's trick looked to have been repeated. "I left Chelsea because I lost my joy," said De Bruyne. "Being with Chelsea is like being in a different world. Manager Jose Mourinho did not explain to me why I was not playing more regularly for the club."
If his image had suffered for his spell in England, this is a reputation now thoroughly restored. With eight goals and eight assists in 12 matches since Germany's Die Winterpause, there is an argument for labelling De Bruyne as Europe's second best player of 2015 so far. After Lionel Messi, naturally.
Wolfsburg's form has been the most striking aspect of this Bundesliga season. Striker Bas Dost and De Bruyne have been their best performers. The Belgian has been the yin to Dost's yang, the chips to his dip.
De Bruyne is an easy player to watch. His speed and dribbling ability makes him exciting and dangerous on the counter-attack, and no Bundesliga team has scored more goals on the break than Wolfsburg this season. De Bruyne leads the way in Germany with 16 assists this season, seven more than any other player and the most in Europe's top five leagues. He's also created 20 more chances than any other player in Germany, and only ten players have scored more goals.
However, the most enjoyable thing when watching De Bruyne is that he looks so, well...real. He is clumsy and awkward at times, and yet two minutes later will produce something astounding. His tendency to drop deep to pick up the ball demonstrating a love for having ball at feet. To watch De Bruyne is to watch a player who would rather be nowhere else but on the pitch, and that is reflected in his style.
Finally, De Bruyne's versatility has seen him play centrally, wide left and wide right for Wolfsburg, whilst also able to operate as a false nine. Young, hard-working, versatile, two-footed, clinical, creative and pacey. There's not an awful lot not to like.
The obvious reaction is to chastise Chelsea for their carelessness, with Gourlay's quotes on "day-to-day communication" grating a touch. Yet it's worth pointing out that when Wolfsburg bought De Bruyne, there were few other clubs prepared to pay the fee. Rumours surfaced of interest from Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund, but even those two are considered below the highest echelon of European football. A price tag of £18m now looks a steal, but you win few brownie points for saying that in glorious hindsight.
Crucially, De Bruyne is not deflated by his experience in England. "Life in football can be fast-moving," he told Sport-BILD last month. "Wolfsburg is not yet like Bayern Munich, of course and my biggest ambition is to play for a big European club - one I can win trophies with." Like most modern football prodigies, he has a confidence that borders on just the right side of arrogance.
One cannot blame De Bruyne for his determination to reach the top. After never being given a chance at Chelsea, he has watched Eden Hazard, Oscar, Victor Moses, Marko Marin, Willian, Andre Schurrle and Juan Cuadrado arrive at Stamford Bridge. Right now he's performing better than all those players. Every setback presents a new possibility - De Bruyne's has been taken with both feet.
angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
^^ Still, the pros of the policy outweighs the cons.

Meanwhile, congrats to our own Nihilist who got hitched days ago.

I hear Raumdeuter, Ibime and Nateevs saying 'welcome to the fold hombre' cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Thanks Homie

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nihilist:

Thanks Homie

For real?! shocked

Eyin iyawo o ni m'eni, baba mi!

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nihilist:

Thanks Homie
wao man that lovely, i feel like marrying myself. I hope ur honey is a chelsea fan o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Great news. . . Congrats Nihilist

Raumdeuter na player for life o! He never retire bachelorhood yet.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Congrats Nihilist. .

No worry, i will win NFPL for you as wedding gift grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thunder fire anybody wey say we dey surround referee.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Gustavo Baba don hook one oyinbo girl ba?

Congrats o. The Boy done good!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
chic2pimp:
Gustavo Baba don hook one oyinbo girl ba?

Congrats o. The Boy done good!

i suspect it's an arrangee.
nihilist don hook an eastern european babe for a special purpose. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ibime:

Great news. . . Congrats Nihilist

Raumdeuter na player for life o! He never retire bachelorhood yet.

I don retire tay tay. My boy is about signing for Bayern academy sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nihilist:

Thanks Homie

Gustavo you don marry? Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks a lot lads grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nihilist:
Thanks a lot lads grin

see this one dey shine calculus teeth undecided

so because you no wan buy drinks fun awon boises na why you keep mute till person fan your nyash! grin

very stingy somborri angry angry

abeg shift biko undecided congrats tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
SailorXY:

see this one dey shine calculus teeth undecided

so because you no wan buy drinks fun awon boises na why you keep mute till person fan your nyash! grin

very stingy somborri angry angry

abeg shift biko undecided congrats tongue

Mscheew...I no keep am mute. I posted pics and i entered it in to my diary.

Even when I born sef, I no loud am now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

i suspect it's an arrangee.
nihilist don hook an eastern european babe for a special purpose. grin

Looooooool LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did not see that coming grin. See as u wan finish Gustavo sha grin grin grin. The boy get burgundy pali o

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (19918) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.