Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,909 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10861475 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9065) (9066) (9067) (9068) (9069) (9070) (9071) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2020
I remembered I joined Nihilist to drag Gilmour the first time he came on as a sub for us.

Boy is slowly proving me wrong and I like it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:
I remembered I joined Nihilist to drag Gilmour the first time he came on as a sub for us.

Boy is slowly proving me wrong and I like it.

The guy has impressed since that day na?

Abi you didnt see me going gaga after that Liverpool match

He still needs to bulk up imo, but he's already showing great promise
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:
If u studied accounting / finance forget that rubbish they taught u in class ; In Nigeria a profit making company can have 39billion naira admin expenses and 0 Revenue grin. Kaduna Refinery final accounts for the year 2018 is here to prove that

E shock u? E shock me too

Zero revenue. Zero!

How come? For Pete's sake.

A whole year. No revenue. I'm not even asking you to make profit. Just sell something.

The refinery should be sold. Atiku was right.

They are just money gulping ventures.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Nobody said gun control will eradicate racism.

What Gun control does is remove the opportunity for a racist cop to shoot s black man and get away with it

Beyond this, I'm even looking at it from what gun control does to our psyche as black people.

All this professional protesting is an unproductive use of our time.

Remove the deaths, remove the protesting, remove exaggerated feelings amongst our young ones of being hunted animals living in a repressive system, and we can move forward with our lives. Nobody built a progressive race by being professional protesters.

Once you remove these clouds from people's eyes, they can start to see the opportunities available to us.

While an average AA or Black Britico sees nothing but oppression, an average African will enter the same system and see nothing but free quality education, free healthcare, job opportunities and a Welfare safety net if things go South etc and use it as a springboard to advance himself. Is this not what we sorely wish for our Governments back home in Africa to provide for us? It's like arriving in land of milk and honey and complaining about mosquitoes. Your mindset determines whether you see the milk and honey or the mosquitoes.

Two different black men seeing the same thing but from different lenses. If Nihilist felt hopeless in UK and going out taking on Police brutality cause everyday, I'm sure he cannot be focused to complete his degree and change his life and others around him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2020
wman:

Zero revenue. Zero!

A whole year. No revenue. I'm not even asking you to make profit. Just sell something.

It is no news that refineries produced nothing last year, and Kaduna refinery has produced nothing for years, so I wonder why anyone would be expecting revenue from it.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

The guy has impressed since that day na?

Abi you didnt see me going gaga after that Liverpool match

He still needs to bulk up imo, but he's already showing great promise
I tell you man. Improving with each match he plays in.

He needs to toughen up and with that we have a gem on our hands.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

The UK police as racist as they can be, in most cases simply do not have the option to put bullets in you.

But they can't shoot you. And that's the most important thing.

But will they match your neck like George Floyd?

There is police brutality in several parts of the world where gun control is not a problem. Even our Nigeria has police brutality just that we have all accepted that it is a jungle.
So to link the police brutality so closely to gun control is not entirely correct in my opinion. I don't see why lack of gun control is the reason why Chauvin was kneeling on George Floyd's neck for almost 9 minutes while his accomplices helped hold George Floyd's legs. Kneeling on Floyd's neck for a couple of minutes AFTER he became unresponsive mind you.

I guess the question is this, "Is lack of gun control the major causative factor of police brutality against blacks in America or is it racism and racial prejudice?"
If you think it is lack of gun control then focusing mainly on gun control is the way, but if you think it is underlying racism/racial prejudice/inequality then you have to tackle the larger racial inequalities in society first. It is this inequality and the dehumanization of blacks that makes the cops shoot, choke, beat up the blacks with no remorse.

The next question is this "What do you think will have a more significant impact on the life and existence of African-Americans? Gun control or Eradication racial inequality and racial prejudice?"

This police brutality campaign is just the symbolic vanguard of the larger (and possibly more significant) fight against racial inequality.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:00am On Jun 15, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

There is police brutality in several parts of the world where gun control is not a problem. Even our Nigeria has police brutality just that we have all accepted that it is a jungle.
So to link the police brutality so closely to gun control is not entirely correct in my opinion. I don't see why lack of gun control is the reason why Chauvin was kneeling on George Floyd's neck for almost 9 minutes while his accomplices helped hold George Floyd's legs. Kneeling on Floyd's neck for a couple of minutes AFTER he became unresponsive mind you.

I guess the question is this, "Is lack of gun control the major causative factor of police brutality against blacks in America or is it racism and racial prejudice?"
If you think it is lack of gun control then focusing mainly on gun control is the way, but if you think it is underlying racism/racial prejudice/inequality then you have to tackle the larger racial inequalities in society first. It is this inequality and the dehumanization of blacks that makes the cops shoot, choke, beat up the blacks with no remorse.

The next question is this "What do you think will have a more significant impact on the life and existence of African-Americans? Gun control or Eradication racial inequality and racial prejudice?"

This police brutality campaign is just the symbolic vanguard of the larger (and possibly more significant) fight against racial inequality.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Myself and nihilist have gone around in circles concerning this issue.

Me and you have exactly the same stance.
The basic problem of racism is that it is a psychological issue.
For instance, in the UK, you finally have black players but no black manager or owner. Even the few black players are subjected to constant banana throwing or monkey chants. This is very telling.

I have consistently asked how gun control will solve a problem that is global and stems from the mind?

In Europe, where police violence is relatively smaller, you still have an imbalanced incarceration rate of black people to white people. There are still indications of systemic racism in their justice systems. How do you solve this issue?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:00am On Jun 15, 2020
afrodoc2:

In the case of Chauvin, chances are he will get sacked and convicted and serve as deterrent to other Police in an ideal world without guns.

In the case of most shootings, they even keep their badge not to talk of conviction because it is easy to justify reasonable force where guns are involved. This further imbibes a feeling of impunity sef.

I bet even stüpid officers like Chauvin were encouraged in their impunity from seeing other officers get away with shootings, not knowing his case will be more easy to convict if he decides to kneel on someone's neck. If he wanted to get away with murder, shooting Floyd may have got him off.

A gun is a volatile and fast-moving catalyst that can almost always be justified.

Sir, I shot him cos he was assaulting my female colleague. He weighs 200 pounds and my female colleague weighs 100 pounds so a punch could kill her.

Sir, I had PTSD from being shot at while on duty last month. This is certified by the psychiatrist. As soon as I saw him reach for his wallet my PTSD kicked in and I let off shots. I plead mental incapacity.

Sir, Rayshard was within one stride of my colleague and had stunned him with the taser. As I was 50 yards away, I had to let off several shots to incapacitate him as margin of error is greater from that distance, whilst he could have easily reached my colleague in one stride after tasering him, pulled his gun and ended his life.

Gun violence can always be justified, kneeling on neck is difficult to do.

Get rid of all these shalaye and you start to come down to UK levels where we get 3 deaths by Police a year. Then we can go about our business of more profitable endeavours rather than raising a generation of anti-system black youths.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2020
Meanwhile these public health people don confuse everybody finish. So now it is compulsory to wear mask on public transport in the UK.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

Let's look at George Floyd's death like this:

1. A policeman saw George and knelt on his neck...na normal thing
Since the beginning of 2015, Minneapolis police used neck restraints at least 237 times
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/minneapolis-police-rendered-44-people-unconscious-neck-restraints-five-years-n1220416

2. George Floyd passed out, Chauvin should have stopped but...
Since the beginning of 2015, officers from the Minneapolis Police Department have rendered people unconscious with neck restraints 44 times,
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/minneapolis-police-rendered-44-people-unconscious-neck-restraints-five-years-n1220416

3. Again, normal thing. It's normal for Chauvin to render a man unconscious with neck restraints because the Minnesota police manual itself says:

The unconscious neck restraint shall only be applied … 1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or; 2. For life saving purposes, or;
3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/policy/index.htm

So what do we have here?

1. We have a system that allows police to legally squeeze your neck till you're unconscious
2. We have a police department who are historically happy to use that technique - 237 times in the last 5 years, with 44 people passing out.

Basically Derek Chauvin has the OPPORTUNITY to act out racist fantasies because legally he is allowed to choke you unconscious as long as he can claim you were resisting arrest.

That's why he was so brazen even on camera. He felt that legally he was allowed to do what he was doing.

Even the official autopsy that came out claimed that George died of hypertension.

If police are not allowed to choke their arrests to death, what excuse does Derek Chauvin have for kneeling on George Floyd's neck? None

If chokes were not allowed, Derek has to find another way to kill a black man. If guns were not present, Chauvin cant shoot either.

Then you will have a situation where a racist policeman has to go out of his way to look for a way to kill Gerorge, in what case that's not a normal person again, it's a serial killer.

I'm not interested in forcing the Derek Chauvins of this world to CHOOSE to treat me with respect. I want to take that CHOICE out of their hands and give them no option.

Remove their guns. Full stop.

But you cant remove police guns when civilians have more guns than in an actual warzone.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2020
Ibime and nihilistjnr, I had asked before, what do you think of this calls to defund the police? Do you think it will help solve the problem?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2020
Ibime:

While an average AA or Black Britico sees nothing but oppression, an average African will enter the same system and see nothing but free quality education, free healthcare, job opportunities and a Welfare safety net if things go South etc and use it as a springboard to advance himself. Is this not what we sorely wish for our Governments back home in Africa to provide for us? It's like arriving in land of milk and honey and complaining about mosquitoes. Your mindset determines whether you see the milk and honey or the mosquitoes.

I feel like this is the main thing.

And that's why i keep bringing up the issue of indians. Indians came after black people to UK and just took over to the point where even the african shops are now run by them.

You want to buy yam, indomie, milo, dudu osu, maltina, etc and you have to go to an indian man shop to buy foods imported from your own country.

You rarely see indians protesting....they just get shyt done to serve their interests.

We're protesting racism in a country that has a 1st generation immigrant Indian, and 3 second generation immigrant Indians in government.

We need to be more productive

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
donjazet:
Ibime and nihilistjnr, I had asked before, what do you think of this calls to defund the police? Do you think it will help solve the problem?

That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

See the pictures below - These are not battle hardened commandos in Afghanistan.

These are civillians in Virginia.

How do you want to cut police funding when ordinary schoolteachers are better equipped than Nigerian Army?

Ok let me ask you now, let's say you're walking down the street and you see people geared up like this, would you prefer the police to be more equipped or less equipped than these people?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

See the pictures below - These are not battle hardened commandos in Afghanistan.

How do you want to cut police funding when ordinary schoolteachers are better equipped than Nigerian Army?

Ok let me ask you now, let's say you're walking down the street and you see people geared up like this, would you prefer the police to be more equipped or less equipped than these people?

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one sha.
But why do Americans love guns soo much in this day and age
I don't just understand it?

Why do ordinary civilians feel the urge to buy deadly weapons when wall it will end up doing is encourage those who don't have to also buy out of fear and the cycle continues growing.

This NRA organization is the most evil organization in a developed society in my opinion. A trillion dollar association that encourages and facilitates normal human beings purchase deadly weapons knowing fully well the disastrous consequences.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

oh mehn shocked

Reminds me of that hotel shooting... Na so the man dey strapped ooh, climbed hotel from window dey empty bullets on peeps..

If these ones get small depression now, they might decide to unleash these armours on innocent civilians shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2020
MaziAlaye:

The way y'all make-up these blacks like they're some kind of matyr we should honour. meanwhile these are the same set of blacks that taint the black skin. From the video, Rayshard Brooks ran away from cops with a stolen taser which he attempted to fire at cops. He was JUSTIFIABLY fired on. That was how they made George Floyd look like one gentle soul in black skin. They never told you he went to prison 9 times, got convicted for drugs and theft. The people who terrorize black neighborhood is whom you're making excuses for??

SMH!

You are a FOOL.. A very big one for that matter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2020
donjazet:

We don't need more decentralization of Police lest racist regions can enforce their own prejudices. We need centralised Police protocols controlled from central govt.

Defunding police is not worth my time to comment on. More people need Police than are injured by Police.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2020
thorrvik55:

You are a FOOL.. A very big one for that matter.
that guy post dey turn belle ahswear embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2020
MaziAlaye:

Atiku proposed the sale of NNPC, but children of hate called him all sort of names. Even thousands of Hushpuppi no do reach this one. angry

Honestly! How can a company not be making money and yet they are allowed to pay huge amounts as salaries, feeding fat at the expense of tax payers money.

Taking away all political sentiments, the whole NNPC and its subsidiaries should be sold off. It is normal in private sector to sell off any division of business that is not reasonably contributing to the bottom line

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2020
donjazet:

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one sha.
But why do Americans love guns soo much in this day and age
I don't just understand it?

Why do ordinary civilians feel the urge to buy deadly weapons when wall it will end up doing is encourage those who don't have to also buy out of fear and the cycle continues growing.

This NRA organization is the most evil organization in a developed society in my opinion. A trillion dollar association that encourages and facilitates normal human beings purchase deadly weapons knowing fully well the disastrous consequences.

Now you're talking. Gun ownership is really about Race.

It was guns that the colonists used to subjugate the american indians. It was guns that they used to enforce slavery.

It was access to guns facilitated the confederate army's decision to go to war over the right to own slaves. It was guns that the American governement used to enforce apartheid in America.

Guns. Guns. Guns.

The gun in America is both the symbol and the tool of the oppression of African Americans.

Why are mostly white people running around with Rambo guns and camoflage bullet-proof vests. It cant be for hunting because wild animals dont shoot back.

Why do you need semi-automatic rifles where the barrels have extra barrels? It's always been a way for white people to "protect themselves" from the black people who may rise up against them.

To take away guns is to take away the very power behind racism in America, and the white people will rather die than give it up.

Since the police cant takeaway the guns, their only recourse is to make sure they have bigger guns and are better trained than their civilian populace. It's quite literally an arms race, and the police are literally in a cold war with it's own citizens.

It is against this backdrop that the racist elements in uniform are able to thrive, quite literally protected by rules and regulations that allow them to kill with almost impunity.

Derek Chauvin had been involved in 3 police shootings before George Floyd. One of which was fatal. Derek Chavin had been formally reported for Police Brutality 7 times before George Floyd. Derek Chauvin had a total of 18 complaints officially filed against him before George Floyd.

This wasn't a cop. This was a hitman.

Yet the Minneapolis Police Department kept this killer on the books...why? Because there's a war going on outside the cops aint safe from, so they need these assassins on the payroll.

I promise you that if the camera didnt catch him in the act, Chauvin woud be a free man today, and George Floyd's death would have been swept under the carpet.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
wman:

Zero revenue. Zero!

More like the company/corporation is only in existence to pay salaries. That's the kind of nonsense that happens in this country.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:

More like the company/corporation is only in existence to pay salaries. That's the kind of nonsense that happens in this country.

Shebi you know the story of Ajaokuta steel company limited?

This refinery still dey learn work in terms of waste.
Ajaokuta is the king of white elephant projects.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
afrodoc:

Shebi you know the story of Ajaokuta steel company limited?

This refinery still dey learn work in terms of waste.
Ajaokuta is the king of white elephant projects.

That one has been under renovation since I was in primary school. By God's grace it is still under renovation grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ibime:

Your case is nowhere near rested. Infact it's thrown out completely.

Legal limit is 0.08, my niggas level was 0.108

So he is only 35% above the driving limit.

That is nowhere near a candidate for EMT. Most niggas at 5 times the limit don't even need EMT.

For comparison, 2 pints of beer (2 Star bottles) will get you to the limit. Rayshard has had the equivalent of about 2.7 pints of beer.

So I actually believe his story of 1.5 margueritas cos that should be equivalent to taking 2.5 pints of beer. He is nowhere near distressed or vulnerable.

On a normal social occasion, 3 pints float in most gees system. I have drank 14 pints before with no shaking except drunkenness.

Now you are bringing your own subjective interpretation of what should and should not be termed drunk and a requisite for needing EMT outside of what the law dictates.

First you said let’s wait for the alcohol test and now that it is available and over the limit, you are undermining the fact that he was 35% over the limit, not 5 or 10 but 35% over the standard and legal requirement.. baba this your Amala turning Don dey make koko for the amala oh!

If he was at or under the limit now we for say maybe na soft head but 35% is stoned and beyond drunk consequently the more reason he needed EMT. Do you know the impact of going 35% over on your liver?

Kwontinu oh! No be everybody dey gym their liver.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:

That one has been under renovation since I was in primary school. By God's grace it is still under renovation grin

My aunty got married to join her engineer husband there when they started renovating.
They had children, the children grew up, went to school, graduated, travelled abroad, gave birth to their own children, my uncle retired...............they are still renovating.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Roland17:

Now you are bringing your own subjective interpretation of what should and should not be termed drunk and a requisite for needing EMT outside of what the law dictates.

First you said let’s wait for the alcohol test and now that it is available and over the limit, you are undermining the fact that he was 35% over the limit, not 5 or 10 but 35% over the standard and legal requirement.. baba this your Amala turning Don dey make koko for the amala oh!

If he was at or under the limit now we for say maybe na soft head but 35% is stoned and beyond drunk consequently the more reason he needed EMT. Do you know the impact of going 35% over on your liver?

Kwontinu oh! No be everybody dey gym their liver.

We already knew he was over limit when I asked you to bring his result.

Over limit for driving is nowhere near limit for needing Emergency Medical response. The bar is very low for driving. You are trying to set the limit for A&E at the limit for diving and that's ridiculous. Niggas get pulled over at over 5 times the limit daily and nothing happens. I was even expecting you to bring result that is at least 4 times the driving limit not 1.35 times.

Come on bro. Less than 3 bottles of Star does not even begin to qualify you for trip to the hospital. Nothing subjective about that. I dey laugh you for here. Guy, stop it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
coogar:

the DM position can actually be filled by ramires or zouma. it's not a problem that is even up to 1%. however, you were born feet first - your brain was overcooked/fried before the midwife was able to deliver you. rational thinking was never encoded in your genes.

i am smarter than all the losers that have sprouted out of your family tree. my toe alone packs more intelligence than all your ancestors cloned together.

you are a fool!
every week, the sensible chelsea fans have laid it bare that your hazard is pure poo! we know you have his nakëd pictures in your room that you wänk to - so it irks you severely when raumdeuter & i tear your idol into shreds.

like ibime have tutored you, hazard isn't in the top 20 players in europe. he has been finally exposed even in his league by kevin de bruyne, david silva, alexi sanchez, aguero, etc. don't even mention him next to neymar, bale, james rodriguez, reus or muller. how does it feel that your hero is being disrespected by coogar?

may amadioha, in his infinite mercies, impregnate you with 5 albino ewoks, you stinking swine. cheesy

says the fool that lied robben won the EPL at 20. the way you ran away from that thread like the flatulence of a leprous wïtch reminds me of harry houdini.

when you were an infant, you weren't a baby, you were a pikin. your memory bank has been defrauded. in other words, you have been rendered intellectually bankrupt! cheesy grin

i don land here - it's time to cop a squat on you.

I was just checking back some old arguments had here about hazard when I stumbled upon this goldmine. cheesy
The legend of coogar lives on grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
coogar:

living wretched? cheesy cheesy
my dog has a better quality of life than you do. after all said & done, you are going back to bed tonight with your mosquito coil & an oil-lamp(the same ones used in the parable of the 10 virgins).

you better PM me so i can sponsor what is left of your impoverished livelihood. you are so poor in spirit, the images in your dreams appear in black & white. cheesy

Another one grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
@Roland17,

I don't know which news stories you read to think a driver just above drink limit should be sent to A&E instead of arrest. You can lay your EMT thesis to rest. Nobody will be sent to Hospital at 1.35 times the drink drive limit unless other drugs are at play. Maybe you are not a drinker, but let me show you how far off your thesis is.

This dude here, 8 times over limit - arrested

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1796847/driver-was-allegedly-caught-eight-times-the-limit-on-north-road-during-summer-campaign/

This one, 6 times over limit - arrested

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-police-arrest-driver-who-was-six-times-the-limit-and-had-no-front-tyres-11899378

5 times over limit - arrested

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/man-charged-being-five-times-9595682

4 times over limit - arrested

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/witness-appeal-after-man-nearly-four-times-drink-drive-limit-arrested-1355576

I cannot see a situation where someone on less than 3 times the driving limit will be sent to Hospital just for alcohol poisoning instead of being arrested for DUI.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Now you're talking. Gun ownership is really about Race.

It was guns that the colonists used to subjugate the american indians. It was guns that they used to enforce slavery.

It was access to guns facilitated the confederate army's decision to go to war over the right to own slaves. It was guns that the American governement used to enforce apartheid in America.

Guns. Guns. Guns.

The gun in America is both the symbol and the tool of the oppression of African Americans.

Why are mostly white people running around with Rambo guns and camoflage bullet-proof vests. It cant be for hunting because wild animals dont shoot back.

Why do you need semi-automatic rifles where the barrels have extra barrels? It's always been a way for white people to "protect themselves" from the black people who may rise up against them.

To take away guns is to take away the very power behind racism in America, and the white people will rather die than give it up.

Since the police cant takeaway the guns, their only recourse is to make sure they have bigger guns and are better trained than their civilian populace. It's quite literally an arms race, and the police are literally in a cold war with it's own citizens.

It is against this backdrop that the racist elements in uniform are able to thrive, quite literally protected by rules and regulations that allow them to kill with almost impunity.

Derek Chauvin had been involved in 3 police shootings before George Floyd. One of which was fatal. Derek Chavin had been formally reported for Police Brutality 7 times before George Floyd. Derek Chauvin had a total of 18 complaints officially filed against him before George Floyd.

This wasn't a cop. This was a hitman.

Yet the Minneapolis Police Department kept this killer on the books...why? Because there's a war going on outside the cops aint safe from, so they need these assassins on the payroll.

I promise you that if the camera didnt catch him in the act, Chauvin woud be a free man today, and George Floyd's death would have been swept under the carpet.

These are solid points made.
Do you think it will be possible in the nearest future to ban civillians handling guns?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9065) (9066) (9067) (9068) (9069) (9070) (9071) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), timbros(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.