Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,197 members, 7,887,490 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:38 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10858693 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) ... (19618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
macjireh:
Is there any reward for argument? I wonder why grown adults will bring demselves so low to be arguing about issues that don't concern dem as though its a court case awaiting to be won...no amount of argument comes to a conclusion here,,,so I think we should resist d urge to argue... Its not a land case in court that u want to win..just leave every tom,dick and harry with their opinion,, no argument has any reward
Oga there's no harm in arguing, this your post doesn't make a sense at all

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

Below is your post that i replied to, and it wasn't only about goals scored. Just 4 matches your team have conceded 32 goals. grin It can't happen in elite division in Europe.

I still await that year that a team conceded 60+ goals and still won the league. You have not yet proved it with any example, that a porous defence can win the league.

SMH... Which team concede 32 goals in 4 matches? Are we discussing the defending team here or the attacking team?

And you even translated those figure literally! grin

Obviously I've been wasting my time all the while.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
press conference b4 d FA cup clash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlslB1I-LeU
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Oga there's no harm in arguing, this your post doesn't make a sense at all
but this is not d right time to argue...there will be enof time wen d EPL is over
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
timbros:

SMH... Which team concede 32 goals in 4 matches? Are we discussing the defending team here or the attacking team?

And you even translated those figure literally! grin

Obviously I've been wasting my time all the while.

cheesy

Now remove all those 10-9, 8-7 scorelines from Estonia.

Your Benzema scored 21 goals just like he did last season, we no go hear word.

Even Messi scored more than Benzema and Barca scored 83 goals but they conceded more goals and that gave Madrid the edge.

Don't worry we go give Courtois his skirt back, we will see how the bag of beans' 21 goals will win laliga next season.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShitStain(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

cheesy

Now remove all those 10-9, 8-7 scorelines from Estonia.

Your Benzema scored 21 goals just like he did last season, we no go hear word.

Even Messi scored more than Benzema and Barca scored 83 goals but they conceded more goals and that gave Madrid the edge.

Don't worry we go give Courtois his skirt back, we will see how the bag of beans' 21 goals will win laliga next season.

Lmao!
This courtois skirt pics gets me every time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

When was everybody yabbing Courtois in 2019/2020 season? He was more consistent in the season than the bag of beans.

Your problem is, you don't watch Madrid matches, just arguing based on what Dayo spews and stats on sites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STo09eyh4p4

erons22:
Abeg courtois is worst grin

That man has conceded more than 90goals in less than 50matches.

HAZARD still needs time, same with NICOLAS PEPE..

As for lingard they need to demote him back to youth league

oloriLFC:
Courtois like Tortoise. Dem just dey nack am goals any how.

yungsmart:
Courtois is the real flop just swallowing goals like EBA.

Hazard still needs time to cause hazard for realmadrid opponents.

erons22:

There is something about this COURTOIS GK

HIS PERFORMANCE WITH HIS NATIONAL TEAM IS DIFFERENT FROM HIS CLUB TEAM.

HE ALWAYS DO WELL WHEN PLAYING FOR BELGIUM undecided.

BUT CLUB TEAM IS DIFFERENT.

andrew444:

Courtois is akpeyi

Uzoho is better than this courtois grin

biomustry:
Chelsea sold a finished Courtois, an obese Hazard to Madrid and collected kovacic, sold Grandpa Cech and Luiz to arsenal and collected Giroud #scammers.

Miremoses1:
Courtois and Carvahal are pure sh#t

Galaticos444:
d only justify reason is navas is ageing but courtois is a very bad keeper

Tonymegabush1:
Courtois no sabi keep ball ooo happy he even left chelsea

eni4real:
Perez just buy any "next big thing" in football and relegate his proven soldiers!!!

How can you buy Courtois just to relegate Navas??

TalabiAudu:
And to all of.you that want to use the opportunity of Courtois foolishness to blame Hazard tonight, y'all ain't ready for this

I don't blame you. O ti'n di arugbo. You now have the memory capacity of a goldfish

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
timbros:

I'm not rubbishing Jovic. But I'm basing my comments on what is on ground right now. Jovic has had a very slow start to his Madrid career. His confidence is below low now, there is no way he can give Madrid 21 goals this season.

Same way Nacho/Militao can't give what Ramos gave to the team.

If I were to rate the Madrid players contributions by percentage, I will give Benzema 45%, defence 30%, rest of the squad 25%.

My personal opinion sha.
Exactly. Benzema alone contributed 29 goals + assists. No other Madrid player combined for more than 10 goals + assists. None. Have you ever seen something like that before?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:

I don't blame you. O ti'n di arugbo. You now have the memory capacity of a goldfish

You copied and pasted all the posts from a Ucl match in September against PSG. You had to go to the beginning of the season, out of 34 matches he kept. It's so hard for you, that's almost a year ago grin

Now compare that to a Benzema that ghosted for 11 matches in a row, between December and February, when the league might have slipped away but for others that stepped up. You are just not smart and the reason Dayo likes to use you as a foot stool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
ShitStain:

Lmao!
This courtois skirt pics gets me every time.

grin

We will see how he will keep 18 clean sheets, with that skirt next season. If Benzema likes he should score the 25 league goals that he never scored in his career. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:
Exactly. Benzema alone contributed 29 goals + assists. No other Madrid player combined for more than 10 goals + assists. None. Have you ever seen something like that before?

See this mumu.

Hazard even did better than your bag of beans in 2018/2019. He contributed 31 goals + assists and no Chelsea player contributed more than 10 goals+ assists.

Only God knows where Dayo picked you from. Oh, an ex-Arsenal fan. grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congrats to Leeds United
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

You copied and pasted all the posts from a Ucl match in September against PSG. You had to go to the beginning of the season, out of 34 matches he kept. It's so hard for you, that's almost a year ago grin

Now compare that to a Benzema that ghosted for 11 matches in a row, between December and February, when the league might have slipped away but for others that stepped up. You are just not smart and the reason Dayo likes to use you as a foot stool.

You are a demented mofo. And a shameless liar at that to suggest that was from 1 game. I thought you foolishly claimed there was no Courtois slander in the 19/20 season when the reality was he was useless from August to October at the very minimum

Next time crosscheck before typing nonsense with your leprous fingers.

When did Benzema ghost for 11 games in a row you lying fork tongued serpent. Who were the others that stepped up and let's compare their contributions with that of Benzema. Fool! E say step up like say them no dey collect salary. Benzema must score or assist all 36 games according to your foolish skull

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

We can argue that Benzema basically carried Madrid with historically poor support attack cast to the title An attack That contributes almost nothing in assists and goals

Benzema is leading goals and he is at the same time leading assists. Its usually players like Messi that leads both stats in the same team or how many teams do you see the same player topping goals and at the same time topping assists

The other attackers combined Isco Hazard Vinicius,Asensio, James Bale Vazquez combined have less goals than Benzema

His goals won the most points by any player in the league
Good day, sir.

Eden Hazard's goals won more points for Chelsea in 2015 EPL win than any other player.

Did hazard carry Chelsea to the title?

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
Good day, sir.

Eden Hazard's goals won more points for Chelsea in 2015 EPL win than any other player.

cheesy
Ghen Ghen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:

That's between Benzema and the other attackers.

Nothing to do with the defence who have posted World Class stats.

Benzema 21 goals is not a World Class stat. He can only use that to flog his fellow attackers who flopped.

A member of the defence must be honoured when the defence posts World Class stats on the way to a Championship and no striker posted World Class stats. That's why Terry was honoured in 2005 over Lampard who scored 20 goals, and why VVD was honoured over Salah who scored 20 or 21 league goals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

The drop from Cortouis to a Madrid standard goalkeeper is also not as steep as you are making it to sound. Keylor Navas won them the last league and 3 CL titles. Benzemas 8 assists is about tp 5 in the entire league

When you are the main goal outlet recording 20+ goals then 8 assists is generous output. Lewandoski for example has 4 assists, Aguero has 4 assists Lukaku has 2, Aubameyang has 2 assists
Infact of all the golden shoe chasers in Europe this season players with 20 goals or more only Messi has more than 8 goals

While a player like Lewandoski will look at his attack and see Muller behind him breaking assists record, he has Gnabry behind him with 11 assists, the best Benzema can get is Hidden Hazard with 3 assists the entire season
How are Madrid assists shared around? when no other Madrid player has g+a > 10 none of the other Madrid attackers have more than 3 assists

Basically Benzema ran the Madrid offence both in goals and in assists. I can even say very few strikers in the world will thrive in the poverty numbers that other Madrid attacking support cast are delivering

Atletico dont concede but lack of goals, Simeones side have conceded just 3 goals more than Madrid but are 20points behind Real Madrid because they scored 18 goals less than Madrid. That mean they will never win, All their clean sheets is wasted because no one will do the business on the other end I am sure Atletico with their solid defence will die to have a striker to deliver >= 29 g+a like Diego Costa did for them in 2014
unbelievable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

When people are comparing the exploits of 5 people i.e the Madrid defence to the exploits of 1 person i.e Benzema then you already know the answer to the question.

You can’t say you are making a fair comparison when you have to do Courtois+Ramos+Varane+LB+RB in order to rubbish Benzema.

Benzema was the single most important individual player responsible for the league title.
The Madrid defence is not a player.

Does one man defend alone? Defending is a community sport and you usually pick the organiser of a defence for honours when a defence posts World Class defensive record. In this case, Ramos.

The defence has World class stats (less than one goal conceded every 2 games). Benzema does not have anything near World Class stats with his 21 goals. He performed to expectation, but the defence performed to World Class level. There is difference in the levels of performance.

Hence why JT won POTY in 2005 when Chelsea defence conceded a record paltry 13 goals over Lampard, hence why VVD copped the awards last season over Salah who although he scored well, did not have the World Class goal record of the previous year.

For a Striker to take award from the leader of a defence who conceded less than 0.5 per game, he must be touching high 20s in league goals at least and mid-30 goals in all comps.

Benzema has to.take 2nd place behind a defender in recognition that the Championship was won on defence. Ramos first, Benzema second, then Courtois and Casemiro can fight for 3rd and 4th in continuing honour of those who contributed to the defensive solidity

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
Good day, sir.

Did Hazard lead Chelsea in goals and Assists in the 2015 league win like Benzema did?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ibime:

Benzema 21 goals is not a World Class stat. He can only use that to flog his fellow attackers who flopped.
The defense is a collective of 5. Benzema is but one individual. This premise is faulty.

So how do you judge who contributed more? That we are comparing Benzema to a collective of 5 further proves my point.

Besides 21 goals is World class for this season because he is only second behind Messi, add to the fact that he also leads the team in assists this makes his contributions even more significant. Even digging further when you consider the number of key passes he has averaged one can argue that if he wasn't surrounded by shitty forwards his numbers would be even gaudier

Ibime:

A member of the defence must be honoured when the defence posts World Class stats on the way to a Championship and no striker posted World Class stats. That's why Terry was honoured in 2005 over Lampard who scored 20 goals, and why VVD was honoured over Salah who scored 20 or 21 league goals.
This has always been the problem with polling booth awards. So how do we calculate who contributed the most in defense? How do you definitively prove that Terry was more influential than Cech or Carvalho, who is more important in defense for Madrid? Courtois? Ramos? Varane?

It's a faulty and inconsistent style especially when Benzema has done sufficiently on the other end.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:

You are a demented mofo. And a shameless liar at that to suggest that was from 1 game. I thought you foolishly claimed there was no Courtois slander in the 19/20 season when the reality was he was useless from August to October at the very minimum

Next time crosscheck before typing nonsense with your leprous fingers.

grin You were even quoting a Madrid hater that wanted Madrid, relegated. You no just get sense. grin

A40:

When did Benzema ghost for 11 games in a row you lying fork tongued serpent.

This is a Madrid fan not a Madrid hater, that watched Madrid's matches when you were busy with your roadside mechanic work. grin

pu7pl3:

Benzema was poor in front of goal last night, infact in his past 11 matches .

Poor-in-front-of-goal striker. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

When people are comparing the exploits of 5 people i.e the Madrid defence to the exploits of 1 person i.e Benzema then you already know the answer to the question.

You can’t say you are making a fair comparison when you have to do Courtois+Ramos+Varane+LB+RB in order to rubbish Benzema.

Benzema was the single most important individual player responsible for the league title.
The Madrid defence is not a player.
It's perplexing. Benzema is the second top scorer in the league. #4 in assists. He was directly involved in 42% of the goals Madrid scored in the league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

grin You were even quoting a Madrid hater that wanted Madrid, relegated. You no just get sense. grin
But you claimed nobody dissed Courtois. I have showed you that he was dissed by fans and enemies alike. Stop disgracing yourself. Oponu agbalagba

airmark:

This is a Madrid fan not a Madrid hater, that watched Madrid's matches when you were busy with your roadside mechanic work. grin

Poor-in-front-of-goal striker. grin
Akpa nsi. Shut up and show Benzema 'Ghostin' for 11 games in a row like you foolishly claimed

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
timbros:

This your post goes both ways.

If Courtois doesn't play, will Real Madrid play with 10 men? Another goal keeper will surely take his place and any decent goal keeper that keeps for Madrid will keep at least 3/4 clean sheets, at which point the goals is the real Championship winner since you can replace Courtois with any Madrid-level goalkeeper and still win the League.

This is why I told you in an earlier post that "if" arguments is pointless.

Going with the reality on ground, Benzema played a prominent role in Madrid's title win.
It's not rocket science. Arreola is a competent backup to boot, Same way Ramos missed the penultimate game and Madrid still kept clean sheet. We can play this game ad nauseum
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:

This has always been the problem with polling booth awards. So how do we calculate who contributed the most in defense? How do you definitively prove that Terry was more influential than Cech or Carvalho, who is more important in defense for Madrid? Courtois? Ramos? Varane?

It's a faulty and inconsistent style especially when Benzema has done sufficiently on the other end.

That's just the way awards work, otherwise defenders will never win any individual honours. You usually go for the leader or organiser of the defence ie Ramos, VVD, Terry, Kompany etc. I'm sure if Ramos played his normal gung-ho style of defending, Varane would have continued to be unfortunate because Varane is a follower in defence, not a leader.

No one can begrudge Benz some honours. The club should be pushing for him to be honoured because he sacrificed himself for nearly a decade for Ronaldo to score. When the responsibility fell on him, he did good and delivered a Championship. . . but not World Class like the defence. He deserves something for the years of sacrifice coupled with this year's performance. But normally, this year's POTY should go to Ramos.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ibime:

God bless you o. 21 goals in 36 matches, from a striker that played in front of quality midfielders. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
timbros:

This your post goes both ways.

If Courtois doesn't play, will Real Madrid play with 10 men? Another goal keeper will surely take his place and any decent goal keeper that keeps for Madrid will keep at least 3/4 clean sheets, at which point the goals is the real Championship winner since you can replace Courtois with any Madrid-level goalkeeper and still win the League.

Who told you this lie? Do you want me to start with Diego Lopez? Do you even understand the emboldened?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

If it wasn't for ronaldo, benzema would be somewhere in kuwait or oman. You are senseless. .

airmark:
Benzema should be grateful to ronaldo, ororo's greatness concealed his ineffectiveness. Overrated striker. cheesy

Only a MMM and commandclem analyst will make the above posts

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Only a MMM and commandclem analyst will make the above posts

Haaland, Immobile, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Aguero, all have superior 'goals per 90 min', compared to the Algerian bag of beans this season. Nobody can deceive us with 29 goals+assists, something Hazard with his shakushaku dusted before leaving Epl.

We are not Aparisports members, we know ball. grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
airmark:

Haaland, Immobile, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Aguero, all have superior 'goals per 90 min', compared to the Algerian bag of beans this season. Nobody can deceive us, we know ball. grin

How many of them are leading their teams in goals and also in assist
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

How many of them are leading their teams in goals and also in assist

Your fingers burnt to search online? cheesy

Benzema 2018/2019 - 21 goals

Benzema 2019/2020 - 21 goals

Still the same bag of beans. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ibime:

8 assists is nothing for a striker and is not extraordinary. Madrid assists are shared around so no one ever posts high assists numbers in that team.
What?? How many CFs all across Europe have 8 league assists while creating almost 2 chances per game? From open play. It's definitely extraordinary especially since only 3 more players have done better in the entire league

Ibime:

You can't downplay his prominence but you can't rank him no 1.

His goals scored and team goals scored is just another season for Madrid. Benzema goals have improved 0% from last season while total team goals have declined just 7% (the defence clean was good enough to still swallow the 7% decline in output and not only improve position, but win the league outright)

The goals conceded though is an extraordinary improvement from a normal Madrid season - an exactly 100% improvement on last year.
It's not just that he scored it's that no other teammate contributed at even average level. The defense badly underperformed last season but did better this season

However Benzema bore the significant burden in attack and as good as the defense has been you still have to score to actually win matches. There's a reason FIFA increased points for a Win from 2 to 3

Ibime:

If defence has kept clean sheet for you, scoring a goal a game will be worth 3 points. If defence is conceding anyhow, your goals start to become worth 1 point or 0 points.
It can be argued that keeping a clean sheet is merely the defense doing its job. After all all games start 0-0.

Ultimately no matter if the defense keeps a clean sheet the offense still has to score. This is league not cup where you can 0-0 your way to the Finals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) ... (19618) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.