Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (71604 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
nobody is perfect. Please, corect my spellings and expresion. I wil be glad if sombody help edit the above.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
Please what is all these fictitious stories here supposed to mean? Are we having s POST UTME Screening Test for NYWC ni?

(*^Hisssesss in Aramaic*** shocked
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
collins123: Please what is all these fictitious stories here supposed to mean? Are we having s POST UTME Screening Test for NYWC ni?

Collins I guess they'r just whiling away time, waiting for the big one...(lghs in Igbo)
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
Its been like ages though I haven't come back fully coz have got a tight mandate 2 fulfil,howeva,I luv those fictious short stories,dey kept me company even though I was lost as regrds d state of affairs of the club probably I was in a haste while reading nd I got d gist misinterpreted nd my confusion begins with who's 2 be pay in? Intending or already registered members? 5huns or 1k? Wshing u all a fab weeknd...BRB//#Walks away# smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Dubemkelly: Its been like ages though I haven't come back fully coz have got a tight mandate 2 fulfil,howeva,I luv those fictious short stories,dey kept me company even though I was lost as regrds d state of affairs of the club probably I was in a haste while reading nd I got d gist misinterpreted nd my confusion begins with who's 2 be pay in? Intending or already registered members? 5huns or 1k? Wshing u all a fab weeknd...BRB//#Walks away# smiley
intending members who need the club form are to pay 500 to uniquesty bank account. All members are to pay a fee of 1000 or raise a fund during the zonal meeting, which wil b collectively sent to her account again.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
Emyo: intending members who need the club form are to pay 500 to uniquesty bank account. All members are to pay a fee of 1000 or raise a fund during the zonal meeting, which wil b collectively sent to her account again.
1000? dont think we've discussed that bro...let's get to the meeting first? and then we will discuss all this?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:53am On Jul 08, 2012
Peaceworld:
1000? dont think we've discussed that bro...let's get to the meeting first? and then we will discuss all this?
that is what it is dear. All recomedations should be forward at the zonal meeting
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2012
collins123: Please what is all these fictitious stories here supposed to mean? Are we having s POST UTME Screening Test for NYWC ni?

dailynews, remember i told you, we have got some addicted passer-by here.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2012
Hmmm...now I'm beginning 2 grab,d form is now 4 #500 yle da annual due is 1k. HAPPY SUNDAY FOLKS!!!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
Peaceworld:
Collins I guess they'r just whiling away time, waiting for the big one...(lghs in Igbo)
you only make me a better writer. I guess u'll recognize competition when u see one. Thanks all d same
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
Emyo: that is what it is dear. All recomedations should be forward at the zonal meeting
But I think N1000 wont cut it...wont b enuf...and Emyo, why do you sound more like a dictator as the days fly by? Lghs... You are a coordinator, get it? C-O-O-R-D-I-N-A-T-O-R...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Uniquexty: you only make me a better writer. I guess u'll recognize competition when u see one. Thanks all d same
Still waiting for your 'non-abbreviated' version of the story you sent me via email...only then can I look into it and really help out, dear...and abeg, 'the big one' I meant above is the zonal meetings...abeg...you misconstrued my thoughts...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
Peaceworld:
Still waiting for your 'non-abbreviated' version of the story you sent me via email...only then can I look into it and really help out, dear...and abeg, 'the big one' I meant above is the zonal meetings...abeg...you misconstrued my thoughts...
it will be very helpful if u start constructing ur thoughts well.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Zenithex: 1:56am On Jul 09, 2012
Diamondwriter: wat state r u 4rm....
Ogun state
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2012
Peaceworld:
But I think N1000 wont cut it...wont b enuf...and Emyo, why do you sound more like a dictator as the days fly by? Lghs... You are a coordinator, get it? C-O-O-R-D-I-N-A-T-O-R...
you can corrupt minds!!! Well, i speak only when important. I say only what He Dailynews, your boss and our pioneer told me to say. So u c, let al of us put hands on desk. Okay! Let pray and work.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2012
Peaceworld:
dont b short sighted. Step by step... 1000 might b a token, by a mountain to some...al fingers are not equal. Mind, we don't need all d money to start-up. Just a token to take us out. We have many other ways of revenue generations, ask uniquesty, like advert placement on our books e.t.c. Dnt 4get, but incase u do...little drop of rain makes an ocean. Ve never met u all, even christiana eke, so let c how we can trust her wit dis little.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Firstly, I must apologize for my inconsistency of recent, I had been down with Malaria fever...have been on drugs, and still recovering. Pls guys bear with me...thank you Emyo, you are amazing, uniquesty, you have proven that you are a virtuous woman, pls keep up with the spirit of success & greatness in you. At Diamondwriter, Dubemkelly, collins, etc, etc...you guys rock...I am glad this thread is still alive irrespective of my absence; shows this great association will survive even without some of us. Once again, I want to express my profound joy with each and every contributor on this thread who showed concern and willingness to be a part of this great movement, pls do not be discouraged by anything whatsoever, be steadfast and we will smile at the end. For the zonal meetings, pls zonal coordinators, you guys need to be briefing us on your preparations...South-West zone, pls you guys should step up cos of recent, I have not been hearing from you guys, what's going on? We cannot give up when we have gone this far, that will be bad for us, pls and pls step up your ambition and faith in this. No one tree can make a forest, pls guys show up. Remember the D-day, 28th July, being Saturday, I hope you guys will be there? I urgently need two volunteers from the south-west to work with me in finalizing our zonal meeting venue, pls if you know anyone at YABATECH or UNILAG, whether a student or a staff, pls let me know so that we can approach the person soonest.

The short stories I read here are good men...but I hope you guys still have some reserved for NAYWP? Lolz....pls o...no finish am o, copywriters full ground o...lolz....just saying, keep it coming guys....nice job.....thanks guys, I hope you guys are having a wonderful time out there?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by thiscounts(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Dailynews,U ve got to be strong this baby of yours needs u strong.Hope u are better now.And thanks to Emyo,Uniqutex,peaceword and others they never allow this baby lack milk.Well done all
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dady, i would b leaving school to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NNSUKKA on the 21st of dis month for Nigeria Young Writers Club submit, South East zone. Time .10am, arriving time 8 a.m
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Emyo: Dady, i would b leaving school to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NNSUKKA on the 21st of dis month for Nigeria Young Writers Club submit, South East zone. Time .10am, arriving time 8 a.m
is dat a letter to ur father or an undertaking? I tink i nid one to give my dad 2
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2012
Hello fellow writers...south south writers,i hope you all got the message?...meanwhile as u get here,pls indicate ur state of residence,ideas if any and anyoda tyn on ur mind....meanwhile i wud advice us in our own way to try n get more members from dx zone because we are nt up to ten right now......let's work with pace
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2012
Diamondwriter: Hello fellow writers...south south writers,i hope you all got the message?...meanwhile as u get here,pls indicate ur state of residence,ideas if any and anyoda tyn on ur mind....meanwhile i wud advice us in our own way to try n get more members from dx zone because we are nt up to ten right now......let's work with pace
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2012
Diamondwriter: Hello fellow writers...south south writers,i hope you all got the message?...meanwhile as u get here,pls indicate ur state of residence,ideas if any and anyoda tyn on ur mind....meanwhile i wud advice us in our own way to try n get more members from dx zone because we are nt up to ten right now......let's work with pace
candid, what u need now is a venue. Even if u are six. A venue, u need an agreed venue. Worry not, because if after a succesful zonal meeting-gathering of short stories, poems, ideas, suggestions, constitions e.t.c. We wil have a hand ful of options. So even if it just only u, Rep ur zone well. Youths wil beg to join later. How problem is that we want to carry everybody along and do things inform of an association, i tell u, if Dailynews is bouyant enough or could join one or two enterprenue writers here as co-owners and take dis association up as their busines, i swear that wil b better. Than this wil b like this- Them as the owners bear the lost (if they fail) or the gain (if they make it), enize resources together to advertise on NTA network news, SUN dailys e.t.c for young writers, put a price tag to each short stories and poem submitted by the writers, go ahead to publish it as their own company books with the writers name on each story, decides on ROYALTIES to b awarded to writers, finanly organise a writing competetion wit entry fee for all writers so as to get the best write-up to publish and promot. To get cash in dis kind of association wil b difficult. *just sugesting* peaceworld and sunical am just *suggesting* o
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2012
Emyo:
candid, what u need now is a venue. Even if u are six. A venue, u need an agreed venue. Worry not, because if after a succesful zonal meeting-gathering of short stories, poems, ideas, suggestions, constitions e.t.c. We wil have a hand ful of options. So even if it just only u, Rep ur zone well. Youths wil beg to join later. How problem is that we want to carry everybody along and do things inform of an association, i tell u, if Dailynews is bouyant enough or could join one or two enterprenue writers here as co-owners and take dis association up as their busines, i swear that wil b better. Than this wil b like this- Them as the owners bear the lost (if they fail) or the gain (if they make it), enize resources together to advertise on NTA network news, SUN dailys e.t.c for young writers, put a price tag to each short stories and poem submitted by the writers, go ahead to publish it as their own company books with the writers name on each story, decides on ROYALTIES to b awarded to writers, finanly organise a writing competetion wit entry fee for all writers so as to get the best write-up to publish and promot. To get cash in dis kind of association wil b difficult. *just sugesting* peaceworld and sunical am just *suggesting* o
u have a wonderful suggestion but u are putting ideas into the head of our sick oga. I stil believe he had a dream which he shared wit us and we all accepted it. Dearie, lets go wit the initial plans and other things will be added unto it. I lyk ur plans nd i lyk ur thinking. I'm glad we have someone like you. Dailynews, when we must have stabilized, i suggest we initiate a creative writing academy. Students wil attend classes 4 a period of tym, or anyhow we'l do it. It wil promote our club nd generate fund. Hope u've recovered fully
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^Emyo is it Nsukka or Enugu? Would have loved it to b Enugu...n lov ur idea though Uniquexty's right...let DailyNews lead us. It ws his vision...thnk ur a bit fast but ideas r only gud if tot out b4hand like ur doing, so good job man, but like u urself said, we're just starting. Any accomo arrangement for us if ds will hold at Nsukka? @ DailyNews...get well fast dear...hope uv seen my version of our draft constitution? Just follow the instructions below carefully in order to download the draft constitution I've been working on...even...eheeem...
1. Click on my NL Username above (Peaceworld) and copy the link I mapped out in the Personal Text section.
2. Paste on your browser's address bar and click go! Voila! Happy reading...feedback on this draft is welcome...it's PDF so that the original can be preserved, that's all, but please remember it's just a draft...let us contribute in order to fashion out something great from this rough work...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
@uniquesty. Ve u seen d reason y i dnt want to send d notification sms now. @peaceworld, good to hear ur coments, but our zonal meeting stil hold in NSUKKA. Wait were is our insanical? Ur twin bro 4rm another mother. @ all. Ve got a small rum to accomodate those comin b4 saturday.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
Uniquexty: I find dis realy embarrasin bt necessary 2 share dis experience of my 1st date dat ended even b4 it started. To be candid, i wonder what i was thinking when i agreed to his crazy scheme. Wel, watchin those succulent lips as they said d words 'Darling,i would like us to spend the next weekend at a friends place. What do you think?', i knew automatically that 'NO' was not an option. Is this not the Daddy's girl; i know you wil ask and to that i say, you've not met my lying tongue (or to be more spiritual, convincing tongue).
'Daddy, there's this seminar that i'l have to present in school next week and i need to borrow some materials from Sandra to enable them catch up.' i heard myself telling my father.
'Go ahead. But make sure you are home before 7:00pm' Jeez, my heart skipped a beat.
'Daddy,the seminar involves all my coursemates. Sandra would also make use of the materials.'
'Then what are you saying?' he was getting worried
'i'l sleep over. It wil be a joint reading.' popcy paused from his reading. His eyes escaped from his glasses and peered at me. Instantly the hip-hop players in my heart came alive.
'Do you stil have your keys?'
'ofcourse dad'
'dats k. Go ahead and prepare for your seminar. You know that i want the best for you. But you may not meet me at home when you come back. I'l be leaving for a meeting in port harcourt.' I gave him the your-not serious look. He smiled at me and said 'Be careul'. For the first time in months i said 'i love you dad'. Smiles took over my face. At that moment, Delilah would be very proud of my skills.
It was 8:00pm. I heard Frank driving into the compound. Yes, i've heard about girls being late for dates, But before he could come round to the door, i was standing there, smiling sheepishly and good to go. He looked me over and said 'you look handsomly beautiful'. Did i mention earlier that i was carrying a new hairdo? I just stood there, smiling and speechles.
We drove silently. I was too excited to notice the silence. When we got to the house, he pulled over and i jumped out of the car and headed upstairs. I opened the door to the bedroom, Holy Mary full of Grace! George his friend was standing there, obviously, he just came out from the bathroom. What i saw is better imagined. I guess he just did not expect us at that time, not to tink of seeing me first. With a speed that the lightening wouldn't dare contend with, i dashed out of the room, stumbling on Frank. I ran straight to the fridge and calmed my nerves with a glass of water.
Few minutes later, my cell phone rang. I picked it and heard frank's voice. 'you can come in now. The coast is clear' 'Is that what you call what i saw?' i was furious and the truth of the matter is that i'm coastphobia. It became clear to me then dat the coast was just begining to gather.
About an hour later, George did not show any signs of leaving. Rather we all settled for a talk on politics. My father's advice on being careful was highly recommended now. This was my nightmare. I thank God for 2go and facebook. If you know what happens in a normal date, you would have noticed that none of that was going to be my portion.
I woke up d next morning and found Frank starring at me. I noticed he had a silly smile on his lips. This could just be it.
'where is George?' i had to make sure the coast was clear.
'he went to the Gym' his voice was mischevious.
'you knw wot happens when lovers are left on their own' he was telling me.
'hmmmmmm' my eyes became dreamy. He came closer. When the world was just about to revolve, my cell phone rang. It was my neighbour. The operation-water-the-city had stormed our area and worked on our water reserviour. Holy crap! We've not had water for two whole weeks and i knw i had left my bathroom tap on, incase the water started running. If what my neighbour told me was true, then my house was flooding.
We drove back the same way we came, the only difference was the intensity of the silence. Just as expected, the tap was on and the water was travelling down the stairs.
What was that? I peeped through the window and found dad driving in. Few minutes later,
'CHRISTIE....' He screamed. I looked down from the balcony and found dad on the floor. He slipped, d water had got to him. 'GOSH' i called back. You know what, i was grounded for one year.
the concept and storyline is okay. But i tel u, nobody can edit that, except the editor want to make a foul of ur idea or use ur storyline to frame-out somthing worth. Try again dear, u hmmmye
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
Emyo: the concept and storyline is okay. But i tel u, nobody can edit that, except the editor want to make a foul of ur idea or use ur storyline to frame-out somthing worth. Try again dear, u hmmmye
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Lwkmd. Did i mention anywhere dat i needed an editor for dat? U can do beta dan dis, lmao. Besides u r d south east cordinator nd i bet u'l end u attending dat meeting alone if u dnt send ur promised sms informing people wot they shld knw nd also giving them tym 2 gather some resources. We have only one week to prepare nd d odas dnt knw abt it.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 4:29am On Jul 12, 2012
Hey sowi. Remove the log in ur eye to see well. Now i know u pasted ur best short story. So u tink u've writing what others can't do. Even 2face idibie can put such words together and in ur academy call it BEST SHORT STORY. Lmao!!! A questionaire lacks no answer, are u one? Well u not, cos u lack d ensence of a question, u 4got ur question b4 asking. I sent out the NOTIFICATION SMS at exectly 8pm on the 11th day of july. As an abled zonal coordinator, i've my plans to call as soon as another 100naire misses it way 2 my phone.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2012
Emyo: I sent out the NOTIFICATION SMS at exectly 8pm on the 11th day of july. .
Dailynews take note, my zonal cordinator sent an sms to all my zonal members and excluded me. That could only mean one tin
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2012
Uniquexty: Dailynews take note, my zonal cordinator sent an sms to all my zonal members and excluded me. That could only mean one tin
what dat suppose to mean. A report?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
DailyNews: Note:

We are no longer accepting emails, if you are really interested to join this association, pls attend our first official zonal meeting to be held as follows:

South-East (Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia) - 21st July 2012 at UNN Nsukka Enugu.

South-West (Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, Kwara) - 28th July 2012 at UNILAG/YABATECH Lagos

North- (All northern states plus FCT) - 28th July 2012 at Abuja

South-South - pls we are unable to hold a zonal meeting for south-south, so if you are from any of the south-south states, kindly attend the nearest zonal meeting nearest to you. viz. Lagos, Enugu or Abuja. Thank you.

For more info, visit our facebook official fan page and like the page to receive frequent updates on our events and activities.

click: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Association-of-Young-Writers-Poets/370528896338554

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (68) (Reply)

AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.