Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,644 members, 7,889,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:37 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (71598 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dailynews, tnk God 4 quick recovery. Pls try and come, jst to encourage us. Evry oda member who stays around, pls come nd feel d vibe. Its university of Nigeria Nsuk. We r jst 2 capable nd we r so making it happen. If u have frnds who knw d drill, gather them. This is making multiple sense.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
Emyo: hahaha. Tank God 4 ur quick recovery. I bet u uniqesty had done alot. Our zone wil do it 1st. 4rm indications i can c my members cuming to camp on friday 20th. Serious...our summit camping starts friday 3pm. We take off imidiately we are memberly satisfied. Dailynews its well...una go hear 4rm us.

By God's grace, I will be there...I hope u will make provision of accomodation for me; I will probably be there on friday evening or saturday early morning. You guys should also try & make a provision for a digital video camera fo covering the meeting & for a group snap shot after the meeting. I really cannot wait to meet with the enthusiastic South-East zonal members! You guys really rock!

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Coming into Enugu on Friday...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2012
U all are welcum.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 5:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Emyo: Intendin members are to come with their registeration fee, which is #500 at the any of the zonal venue, and two passports. Also there will be fund-raisin at the zonal submitt, the money realised will go a long way to start this COMPANY proper, be part of wat would be used to publish our poems/short stories in our maiden magazine/anthology. The poems/short stories should be submitted in a big brown envelop with our names, Nairaland username, phone nos, e-mail id, etc well written on d envelope, and a passport(ur name shld b written bhind d passport). Rejections, suggestions, additions ,subtractions and critics are HIGHLY wellcomed at the zonal meeting.
Emyo: Intendin members are to come with their registeration fee, which is #500 at the any of the zonal venue, and two passports. Also there will be fund-raisin at the zonal submitt, the money realised will go a long way to start this COMPANY proper, be part of wat would be used to publish our poems/short stories in our maiden magazine/anthology. The poems/short stories should be submitted in a big brown envelop with our names, Nairaland username, phone nos, e-mail id, etc well written on d envelope, and a passport(ur name shld b written bhind d passport). Rejections, suggestions, additions ,subtractions and critics are HIGHLY wellcomed at the zonal meeting.
DailyNews: Hello fellow writers & aspiring authors of literary work, I had been cropping this idea of forming a club to unite all upcoming & aspiring literary writers in Nigeria, to help us conquer the barrier of dying with our dreams of being published authors, and to also unite us to form a strong, united association to achieve our life goal of becoming renowned authors. If this club works, we will be holding semi-annual and annual meetings to review our individual works. we will also be doing constructive critics to assist members produce good quality works. we will also go as far as doing contributory publishing and maybe come up with our own club anthology of short stories & poems. etc, etc. lets just start first. pls membership is free, but u must be a writer or aspiring writer in these genre(s): fiction/non-fiction short stories, novellas, novel, poetry or drama. pls if u would love to join, kindly indicate your interest, by dropping your email for further communication. sorry I had to post it on romance section to attract more members attention. will still move it to literature section, moderators pls dnt delete it. Thanks guys, hope u all had a blissful saturday? Note: If u stumbled upon this on romance section, pls feel relaxed cos its the same, kindly drop your details, lets make things happen for ourselves collectively. cheers!

Note:

We are no longer accepting emails, if you are really interested to join this association, pls attend our first official zonal meeting to be held as follows:

South-East (Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia) - 21st July 2012 at UNN Nsukka Enugu.

South-West (Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, Kwara) - 28th July 2012 at UNILAG/YABATECH Lagos

North- (All northern states plus FCT) - 28th July 2012 at Abuja

South-South - pls we are unable to hold a zonal meeting for south-south, so if you are from any of the south-south states, kindly attend the nearest zonal meeting nearest to you. viz. Lagos, Enugu or Abuja. Thank you.

For more info, visit our facebook official fan page and like the page to receive frequent updates on our events and activities.

click: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Association-of-Young-Writers-Poets/370528896338554
Phiozy: Intendin members are to come wt their registeratn fee, which is #500 or there abt, and two passports. Also I hrd there wld be fund-raisin at the meetin, the money realised wld be part of wat wld be used to publish our poems/short stories in our maiden magazine/anthology. The poems/short stories shld be submitted in a big brown envelop with our names, Nairaland username, phone nos, e-mail id, etc well written on d envelope, and a passport(ur name shld b written bhind d passport). Rejectns, suggestns, additns and subtractns are HIGHLY welcmd... I trust una(critics) na...lol
[quote author=DailyNews]Hello fellow writers & aspiring authors of literary work, I had been cropping this idea of forming a club to unite all upcoming & aspiring literary writers in Nigeria, to help us conquer the barrier of dying with our dreams of being published authors, and to also unite us to form a strong, united association to achieve our life goal of becoming renowned authors. If this club works, we will be holding semi-annual and annual meetings to review our individual works. we will also be doing constructive critics to assist members produce good quality works. we will also go as far as doing contributory publishing and maybe come up with our own club anthology of short stories & poems. etc, etc. lets just start first. pls membership is free
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2012
Being the NC cordinator isn't sumtin I saw comin, u knw Abj is meant 4 the 'Senior Citizens' and wt d security situatn here in North, most gatherings arises suspicion and are bn questnd... But anyways, I'd c wat I can do.
Unibuja wld hv bn okay, bt one cnt pass 2ru its gate wtout their own schl id card, and oda places I tot of may nt be easily accessible.
The best place I cld com up wt is the millenium park, close 2 Transcorp Hilton on your way to Wuse. If NC members support the suggested venue, then, they shld prepared to all meet there on the 28th by 11am....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
Phiozy: Being the NC cordinator isn't sumtin I saw comin, u knw Abj is meant 4 the 'Senior Citizens' and wt d security situatn here in North, most gatherings arises suspicion and are bn questnd... But anyways, I'd c wat I can do.
Unibuja wld hv bn okay, bt one cnt pass 2ru its gate wtout their own schl id card, and oda places I tot of may nt be easily accessible.
The best place I cld com up wt is the millenium park, close 2 Transcorp Hilton on your way to Wuse. If NC members support the suggested venue, then, they shld prepared to all meet there on the 28th by 11am....

Awesome...my dear, I am overjoyed, God bless your effort my dear, wished I could make it to NC meeting. How are u doing?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
Amen, and tanx boss... Im doin gr8!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
Oh yeah! D dream of xtaday has already becum a reality...Frankly speaking,i hope not 2 embark in an unfinshed bizness,each time d thought of withdrawal comes in2 my mind,i alwaz have this appetite of encouragemnt nd nva give up dat dere's more cuming da way,i'm inspired by u guyz.@Emyo,u really got me confused nd threw me off balance,nt until i later discovered dat twas a joke,datz d fun of it anyway.@Uniquexty,u r jux smart n mouthed,@my ever poised cord,Dailynewss,no mata wat,alwaz bear in mind,dat South west has got 2 members;myself nd u nd we no fit carry last,Yabatech is a kul venue,as 4 d dress code 4 d meeting,i pause nd hmm,i'm dat kinda guy dat goes on casuals;-blazers,paparazzi dress sense u knw buh i wud do my best 2 luk a little corporate,wshing u a speedy recovery tho...Tuale 2 Peaceworld,Diamond,Phiozy,u guyz r on point.Success on da way!!!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
Emyo what will b our dress code for South East?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by thiscounts(m): 2:39am On Jul 18, 2012
@Phiozy,I wouldnt know if u were in d list of d people wt me whom I sent msg to regardn the venue.If u werent ask of my number from Emyo and send me sms,I will give u d names and contacts of others.Great suggestn about d venue,d next stage is to conduct opini
on poll about d venue and to b sure of d number dat would b attendn and that would b done tru sms.Let m hear frm u.Thanks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 18, 2012
@thiscounts... Yea.. I got d txt, and I replied by tellin u I wasn't in town 4 now, bt wld c wat I cld do abt it, while u kip me posted on wateva koms on ground... The nos of pple dat wld b present is a major factor, and wen I askd Emyo, he said to get back 2me, though Im stil waitn... @NC members, pls ur views on d suggested venue wld b apprecia8d...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2012
Glad dat evryfin z placed on ground,preparations getting intense nd peeps strategizing on how best 2 make it a success. Are u ready South East? U guyz hv got jux 2 days 2 showcase ur swags. Wshing u guyz a fruitful one.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dubemkelly: Glad dat evryfin z placed on ground,preparations getting intense nd peeps strategizing on how best 2 make it a success. Are u ready South East? U guyz hv got jux 2 days 2 showcase ur swags. Wshing u guyz a fruitful one.
we doing great. Alot of preparation. Please am going mad. Uniqesty attend to d pleas of N.C, phiozy. Give dem what they nid. @dailynews prepare ur speach, u going to addres us wit aims and objectives, what we tend to achieve with dis association. Am giving d 1st introductory speech, and after ur speech, i wil giv a speach as d S.E zonal coordinator, outline-ing the stratigies and how ready we d s.e writers are to b part of ur ideas and aim. @ all, d dresing code is coperate, it going to b a black trouser or skirt for ladies, any colour t-shirt but not odd colours, white will do. Dailynews, dnt u tink u must make it to unn? Even 4 d sack of uniquesty, peaceworld and i? Don't u tink we nid real talk? O yes u can't even miss it. @phiozy. I wil b represting dailynews in N.C ZONAL MEETING. Pls daily news prepare ur speach and make it available to me, incase u can't make it, diamond lady 4rm ebonyi state wil present it on ur behaf. Bye. Am leaving skul to unn tomarow to c d venue.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dress code is black on white, good. Dailynews has already said he's coming. I'm jst wondering on how d accommodation wil luk lyk, 4 dose coming b4 friday. R they oda's who want 2 join d south east? Feel free. @Phoebe, wata gwan?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by emmalezy(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2012
are u guys serious @ all... After i receive first email from u guys... I registered since then i havent hear from u again... Wasssup
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:06am On Jul 19, 2012
emmalezy: are u guys serious @ all... After i receive first email from u guys... I registered since then i havent hear from u again... Wasssup
stay there! We wil make it. Sit don o. Watch us make it. mtcheee, pessimistic!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:09am On Jul 19, 2012
Uniquexty: Dress code is black on white, good. Dailynews has already said he's coming. I'm jst wondering on how d accommodation wil luk lyk, 4 dose coming b4 friday. R they oda's who want 2 join d south east? Feel free. @Phoebe, wata gwan?
good...i wil comunicate u b4 d end of today.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2012
This is getting interesting...I so much blv in u guyz buh d uniform thing luks childish,corporate wears will do nt specifically mentioning colours...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by buzreal(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2012
The TALENT TRAINERS' ORGANIZATION has organise a one day talent training seminar on creative writing/literature in English(poetry, prose and drama).

What judges look for in literary competitions.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by mimiy05: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
is anyone interested ingetting the final draft script/screen writing software for a very cheap price?? send a mail to cudunwa@gmail.com to get yours at #3000.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by mimiy05: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
is anyone interested in getting the final draft script/screen writing software for a very cheap price?? send a mail to cudunwa@gmail.com to get yours at #3000.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dubemkelly: This is getting interesting...I so much blv in u guyz buh d uniform thing luks childish,corporate wears will do nt specifically mentioning colours...

E no go bad for you jare. Those are our planners in action. White and black like sey dem b primary school band. Nonesense packaging!!!

If I wear ankara come, con slap me.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
Emyo: stay there! We wil make it. Sit don o. Watch us make it. mtcheee, pessimistic!

I kept quiet but Emyo don start his stupid behaviour again. Did he abused you? Why u dey always diss pple like dis? Hollywood or whaever u have been watching has been negatively affecting u.

Mumu in white and black!!!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Emmalezy, u shld hv bin checkin on this thread 4rm tym 2 tym, or if u were on NAYWAP facebook fan page, u wld hv recieved any info needed.. Yes, we'v kom far, and u cn make it 2d summit if u'r stil interestd, though pendin on d zone u blong cos d South-East wld b havin theirs on d 21st of dis mnth, and if u blong there, u'v got less dan 48hrs 2get ur poem/story ready... NC members dat r on nairaland shld pls indicate their interest ie, if dey wld b able 2make it or not...dat we are youths does nt mean we shld dress lyk touts, pls let us try 2b decent enuf wen komin 2d venue... Dnt 4get dat most of us wld b meetin there 4 d 1st tym, hw u dress defines hw u wld b addressd...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Wishing all d SE members travellin down 2 Nsukka 2day, 2mr and saturday journey mercies and a successful summit.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Yeah! Corporate wears r better mentioned dan attaching colours to it...I knw dis association is not 4 da under aged nd peeps knw wats befitting 4 occasions nd if para venture,a member doesn't knw how 2 dress,we coach him,knowing fully well dat ds association is not restricted 2 only writing,it extends 2 helping one another,academically,socially,psychologically,emotionally nd otherwise. However,I do hope dat dis association would attain da peak of success. We have gone far nd I'm completely in...Don't knw about u...To all da South East peeps,i wish u guys da best. SHALOM!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
Don't have a white shirt, so will come with a blue top...sad
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2012
Journey mercies.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
How time flies...Can we have it SOUTH EAST? U guyz barely have few hours 2 get it down...Best of luck my eastern folks!!!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hello All,

It's great to observe the progress of this Association in the making.

Here are some few thoughts.

- Since South-East will be having their meeting tomorrow, I'm suggesting that Emyo and DailyNews draft out an agenda for the meeting which should also be passed across to other zones. It makes sense when all the Zonal meetings stick to the same agenda, at least to a large extent. Uniformity will go a long way, so that everyone, irrespective of location, is carried along, discussing similar ideas, and speaking same language.

- It's my hope that most of what would be discussed in the meetings would be Registration of the Association; Electing of official representatives for each zones; plans for magazines, anthology, and the like; association's website; bank account; official documentation of members in each zones; zonal and final adopting of the Constitution written by PeaceWorld (suggestions accepted); selection or method of selection of Association Board; summing of amount needed to initialize the association officially and ways to raise the amount; selection or method of selection of President and other executives (already explained in the Constitution); etc.

- For the dress code, business formal, business casual, are okay, I suggest.

- It's also great we've been told to bring poems, short stories, and the like to be published. In order to make this association great and to make sure it stands out for it's quality and reputation, we all must know that being a member of this association doesn't guarantee instant publication of our works. We may have to elect an Editorial Board comprising of well-experienced writers who would select what must be published. We must publish the best works among us. Also, we must work in a way to encourage and improve the writing skills of every member. This may come through contests, seminars where we invite experienced writers, ebooks on our websites, etc.

- From this thread, it is obvious the association will go by the name Nigeria Association of Young Writers and Poets, which is for writers and poets between the age of 18 - 40. I am suggesting (this is just a suggestion) we take up a more generic name and stance. Are we by this saying a writer age 41, who is willing to join and contribute to the Association will be denied membership? Are we saying DailyNews ceases to be a member when he turns 41? Or are we granting just the founding members that privilege of having a say in the association irrespective of their age? Will this be fair? There is Society of Young Nigerian Writes already (http://societyofyoungnigerianwriters./about/); we have ANA and SWAN, which are like the two active writing associations in Nigeria. I am suggesting, without age restriction except from 18 years older, the following names: Academy of Nigerian Writers and Poets OR Association of Nigerian Writes and Poets OR National Writers and Poets Club OR Guild of Nigerian Writers and Poets. Please give this a thought. It's my belief any passionate writer should be able to join the Association. We should also be willing to accept very experienced and popular writers who may want to join in the future. Of course, Patrons should be in the likes of Woye Soyinka.

The above are just suggestions. Go through them and let us know what makes some sense.

Thanks. Your efforts rock!

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Sunical...Dats wat we r talking about,d association as a child needs 2 be nurtured efficiently n effectively. it is equally open 4 opinions, it is not an island anyway,we need 2 come out with something concrete,unique nd mind boggling. Ur contribution looks promising nd considerate,u just killed it man. Tuale! Now we r talking...I'm impressed though!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (68) (Reply)

AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.