Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:06 AM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (71603 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Peaceworld did a great job with the Constitution as I earlier stated.

A suggestion. In the Constitution, "six geopolitical zones having representatives" is stated. It's a good idea but I am suggesting this may not be very necessary. Why have an association with Executives in the six geopolitical zones? It's okay to have zonal meetings since we are just starting. But when we begin officially, just one National Executive consisting the Board Members should suffice. As for Branches outside the country, they can have Executives.

It is normal for a Representative residing in the South East to move to South South permanently. What happens then? Elect another representative to replace the person? This kind of "nomadic" lifestyle is inherent in us and for the sake of ease and speed in running the association, I think just one National Executive is okay. We shouldn't spread powers across zones nor have representatives running each zones. I think that's how most intellectual associations do it, except regional bodies like NDDC, and the like.

Please, let's give this a thought. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
Emyo don't try posting the link here else NL will ban u o...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2012
sunical: Peaceworld did a great job with the Constitution as I earlier stated.

A suggestion. In the Constitution, "six geopolitical zones having representatives" is stated. It's a good idea but I am suggesting this may not be very necessary. Why have an association with Executives in the six geopolitical zones? It's okay to have zonal meetings since we are just starting. But when we begin officially, just one National Executive consisting the Board Members should suffice. As for Branches outside the country, they can have Executives.

It is normal for a Representative residing in the South East to move to South South permanently. What happens then? Elect another representative to replace the person? This kind of "nomadic" lifestyle is inherent in us and for the sake of ease and speed in running the association, I think just one National Executive is okay. We shouldn't spread powers across zones nor have representatives running each zones. I think that's how most intellectual associations do it, except regional bodies like NDDC, and the like.

Please, let's give this a thought. Thanks.
good to hear 4rm u. The suggestion is okay. To me i think we have to stil work on it, 4rm s.s and n.c's suggestion.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2012
Peaceworld: Emyo don't try posting the link here else NL will ban u o...
hahahaha NL tuhailer to u o. I tried all my skills but no way. Those hidden posts are d trackmark of my bans...lol. @discount...hope u got my email. @phiozy, ve u got d constitution?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2012
Note; am just a student...just sat down to check my exces this week...besides assignments and other normal skul expense under my weekly budget. I discovered i spent 5k on my tp to enugu, other tinz like cards, and food was arround 2k, from thursday to sunday. Adventous YK was damn broke, just to witnex d 1st pace summit...broke! It took 2500 from myself to t.p him to U.I... Guys! Am stil owing christy a thousand naira note...pls let us sacriface for this to cum 2ru...abot now...home n abroad i dnt even ve a dime on my phone, yet i must b in d millenium park(another to n fro 4k) to YAN THE TORY, and not to read, c, or feel the tory. Please let us b there. Please n please. Like i said we've get sponsors...who are dame ready to invest if only we can register wit CAC. let do YAN d Gooo joor o...fashola agbami o. Ogwuyooo 4 d ables.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2012
Note; am just a student...just sat down to check my exces this week...besides assignments and other normal skul expense under my weekly budget. I discovered i spent 5k on my tp to enugu, other tinz like cards, and food was arround 2k, from thursday to sunday. Adventous YK was damn broke, just to witnex d 1st pace summit...broke! It took 2500 from myself to t.p him to U.I... Guys! Am stil owing christy a thousand naira note...pls let us sacriface for this dream to materialize...abot now...home n abroad i dnt even ve a dime on my phone, yet i must b in d millenium park(another to n fro 4k) to YAN THE TORY, and not to read, c, or feel the tory. Please let us b there. Please n please. Like i said we've get sponsors...who are dame ready to invest if only we can register wit CAC. let do YAN d Gooo joor o...fashola agbami o. Ogwuyooo 4 d ables.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2012
Emyo: Note; am just a student...just sat down to check my exces this week...besides assignments and other normal skul expense under my weekly budget. I discovered i spent 5k on my tp to enugu, other tinz like cards, and food was arround 2k, from thursday to sunday. Adventous YK was damn broke, just to witnex d 1st pace summit...broke! It took 2500 from myself to t.p him to U.I... Guys! Am stil owing christy a thousand naira note...pls let us sacriface for this dream to materialize...abot now...home n abroad i dnt even ve a dime on my phone, yet i must b in d millenium park(another to n fro 4k) to YAN THE TORY, and not to read, c, or feel the tory. Please let us b there. Please n please. Like i said we've get sponsors...who are dame ready to invest if only we can register wit CAC. let do YAN d Gooo joor o...fashola agbami o. Ogwuyooo 4 d ables.

You will go places with your spirit of enthusiasm, with or without YAN, believe me and work hard and pray. I will call you, but unfortunately, my line cannot call out right now....I saw your...pls bear with me...I am beginning to wonder...maybe we need to take a radical decision to kick this off.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2012
@Emyo, no, I haven't gotten it, pls do me a favour and send it to me too... The Almighty is your strength, and you will definitely eat the fruit of your labour in due time.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
@peaceworld. Pls, copy and paste dat constitution here. Or send it to them by email. D copied constitution and nt d link pls. I had done it...but my system is down...ge notes to write
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
I'm having a 3days function in Kaduna startin 4rm 2day, buh had 2 sacrifice 2day and 2moro 4 this meeting and I even broke down few days ago due to the fact that I'v been damn so bzi. Pls North Central members should endeavour 2 be present. For those that won't be present, they should send their ideas, suggestions and contributions to yan_abuja@ovi.com b4 the meeting 2moro so that those present cld look into it. Thats the mail to be used for now.
Happy Weekend 2uall!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
Emyo: @peaceworld. Pls, copy and paste dat constitution here. Or send it to them by email. D copied constitution and nt d link pls. I had done it...but my system is down...ge notes to write

Emyo, Collins.123 uploaded the constitution to this link and it's working fine.
http://www1.sharebeast.com/d/u5veqvgfwsqy72oirn4gcrwc6aetcdk6dncdb44hohtknubvksj6z4ye/DRAFT%20CONSTITUTION.pdf

How about the minutes? Any news from Chioma? Thanks all.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
Emyo: @peaceworld. Pls, copy and paste dat constitution here. Or send it to them by email. D copied constitution and nt d link pls. I had done it...but my system is down...ge notes to write
Sorry can only post the link on my profile, dear...NL will ban me again if I do n I don't need dt kind of immature tussle rt now. Please if you want to get the draft constitution, go to my profile (click on the 'Peaceworld' here) Phiozy thnx for your contributions...kinda proud of ya...no matter how difficult ds is, we will excel...with God on our side...coming out with wonderful ideas for the club...a lot of ideas...Phiozy and the other coordinators, good luck tomorro...Chioma our sec is in school, so if she cant post SE's minute for the meeting of 21st July, here are some points u guys can discuss on dt day...
1. Association's name. YAN is good, but something better will b very welcome. Name should b an acronym the young can relate to, something fun and free and creative like DREAM or Glo or SHOUT...get what I mean? SE has proposed YAN, so we're waitin for u guys to propose yours...may the best name b adopted...smiley
2. The Draft Constitution. Download this doc for thorough scrutiny on that day. More reason meetings should start early enough cuz ds doc is the club's soul, I tell ya...SE couldn't finish pondering over it, but guess we tried...u guyz should go further n iron this out.
3. IAI. The Indeginous Authors Initiative. Discussed this during d SE Meet but didnt knw whethr sec noted it in d minute she'll soon paste here. Has to do with d club meeting d big national companies like Mr Bigs (UAC FOODS), banks,etc n canversing for d use of their branches across d country for order points for published authors in our community...of course agreements will need to be signed, and such partners will b gettn comissions, but u guys should expand ds idea in ur meetings. Every good idea is welcome.
3. The Club's Story House...will be like Big Brother or something according to DailyNews but the theme will b writing...how good the participants can spin out or YAN tori within the house n how good their stories will b. Prizes will b based on the best author n will b big in order to attract tv viewership. We can sell this idea to sponsors.
4. CAC registeration...though I think DailyNews has worked this out. We paid N1000.00 each for this in our SE MEET...Fee is for CAC registeration...rmmber dt.
5. YOUR IDEAS...very important. Goodluck to everyone...and safe journey as you travel. Be safe...in Jesus' Name. Amen!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
sunical:

Emyo, Collins.123 uploaded the constitution to this link and it's working fine.
http://www1.sharebeast.com/d/u5veqvgfwsqy72oirn4gcrwc6aetcdk6dncdb44hohtknubvksj6z4ye/DRAFT%20CONSTITUTION.pdf

How about the minutes? Any news from Chioma? Thanks all.

Oops. The link doesn't seem to be working again.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by newacca: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
iRep SW
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
Peaceworld:
Sorry can only post the link on my profile, dear...NL will ban me again if I do n I don't need dt kind of immature tussle rt now. Please if you want to get the draft constitution, go to my profile (click on the 'Peaceworld' here) Phiozy thnx for your contributions...kinda proud of ya...no matter how difficult ds is, we will excel...with God on our side...coming out with wonderful ideas for the club...a lot of ideas...Phiozy and the other coordinators, good luck tomorro...Chioma our sec is in school, so if she cant post SE's minute for the meeting of 21st July, here are some points u guys can discuss on dt day...
1. Association's name. YAN is good, but something better will b very welcome. Name should b an acronym the young can relate to, something fun and free and creative like DREAM or Glo or SHOUT...get what I mean? SE has proposed YAN, so we're waitin for u guys to propose yours...may the best name b adopted...smiley
2. The Draft Constitution. Download this doc for thorough scrutiny on that day. More reason meetings should start early enough cuz ds doc is the club's soul, I tell ya...SE couldn't finish pondering over it, but guess we tried...u guyz should go further n iron this out.
3. IAI. The Indeginous Authors Initiative. Discussed this during d SE Meet but didnt knw whethr sec noted it in d minute she'll soon paste here. Has to do with d club meeting d big national companies like Mr Bigs (UAC FOODS), banks,etc n canversing for d use of their branches across d country for order points for published authors in our community...of course agreements will need to be signed, and such partners will b gettn comissions, but u guys should expand ds idea in ur meetings. Every good idea is welcome.
3. The Club's Story House...will be like Big Brother or something according to DailyNews but the theme will b writing...how good the participants can spin out or YAN tori within the house n how good their stories will b. Prizes will b based on the best author n will b big in order to attract tv viewership. We can sell this idea to sponsors.
4. CAC registeration...though I think DailyNews has worked this out. We paid N1000.00 each for this in our SE MEET...Fee is for CAC registeration...rmmber dt.
5. YOUR IDEAS...very important. Goodluck to everyone...and safe journey as you travel. Be safe...in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Great job Peaceworld. Thanks. How many are coming for the SW meeting? I am still trying to put things in place. I am currently outside Lagos right now. I hope I make it tomorrow.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sunical pls try and be there. This is the start of sumtin big. Pls one important issue, u guys shld look in2 d national launch. Possible date nd wot form it shld take. Also in d SE Meeting, we reasoned that if a member exceeds 40 years of age, such a member gets inducted in2 d advisory unit of the associatn. But evry member of dis advisory unit must pass thru YAN. U guys shld also consider the YAN Tori hunt house. It wil be in the form of a reality show, displayed on TV. Gud luck and journey mercies.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
Please, zonal cordinators forward the names of all registered members and names of those who paid in ur zones to my email. The email is ekechristiana@gmail.com. The money shld be sent to the account no 3031520345, Eke Christiana Nzie. First bank. South south, xup? U guys shld update us.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by newacca: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
TEAM SW How far nah? I am outta Lag myself. I dey come Lag all d way 4rm Abk. afta environmental san.restriction(God willing)
LASIGIDI LET'S ROCK IT!
Ciao
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
South east meet:
A meeting of Nigerian young writers club held on 21st July, 2012 at Shoprite
Enugu, Enugu State. The meting started at about 12:15pm. In attendance were
Emma Ogiri, Ukachukwu Chidube, Ikechukwu Orji, Christiana Eke, Yinka
Michael, Fidelis Ochiagha, Frank Ngozika, Rapheal Chukwu and Orji
Chioma.opening prayer was saidby Yinka Micheal.
Emma Ogiri read the draft of the proposed constitution for
corrections. Orji Chioma recommended that the constitution be rearranged in
style and the preamble shortened in other to look like what a true
constitution should be.
Emma Ogiri asked if the name “Nigerian young writer and poet
was Ok by every member. Eke Christiana opined that the “young” in the name
be removed as members will soon grow pass the age 40 withtime. Yinka
Michael toed same line of thought with Christiana Eke as the word “young”
will bring ambiguity in future. Chioma Orji was of the opinion that members
who turn 41year should join theother body called the advisory body which
will be an extension of the Association. Ukachukwu Chidube supported Chioma Orji’s
opinion. It was later resolved that the “young” must be retained to show
Zeal, eagerness and passion.
The house further decided that the name of the association be
changed and a more captivating name be used as the name “Nigeria
Association of young writers and poet” won’t be enticing enough to bring in
young talented and creative writers. Ukachukwu Chidube suggested the name
“young authors of Nigerian”. After much deliberation, the name was
unanimously agreed on and adopted.
On criteria for registration with the corporate affairs
commission, Fidelis Ochiagha gave the criteria which were:-
1. passports of every memberof the association
2. Publication of the name, aims and objectives of the association in
one national and local newspaper.
3. The sum of N22, 000.00.
4. The minutes of the meetingwhere the registration of the
association at the CAC was agreed.
Emma Ogiri read out theprovision of the proposed
constitution. Then the clause in line (5) of section (1) sub (1.2) dealing
with compensation of member who performed outstandingly be removed to avoid
ambiguity in the near future. Also the long and short term goals were spelt
out to every member.
The house talked on the criteria for registration for
membership. It was agreed that every prospective member must fill the
membership form, bring a copy of his drama, prose or poetry and two
passports photograph put in a brown envelop.
On mode of admittance Eke Christy opined that a website be
opened where prospective member can click and fill the membership form
online and submit same but under the condition that a provision be made for
filling of teller no without whichthe form cannot be submitted
Emma Ogiri suggested that every prospective member pays in
the bank which will alert the treasurer. The alert serves as a verification
that the prospecting member has paid and is now eligible to be accepted as
a member. Membership fee was agreed to be N500. Ukachukwu Chidube was of
the opinion that the present members be exempted from the N500 payment but
subsequently other prospective members should pay so.
After much deliberation is was agreed that the association is
a separate legal entity. It was also agreed that every member of the
organization does not have rightto ownership of any of the association’s
property.
Emma Ogiri opined that members who will represent thesouth
east zone at the National launching be appointed
Yinka Michael asked if monetary provisions will
be made for the zonal representatives at the National launching. The
following offices were for election: President, Secretary pro, Editorial
board, Treasurer, fin secretary. Itwas agreed that the office of treasurer
would do the work of the financial secretary.
After the election post ofzonal coordinator was given to Emma
Ogiri, treasurer Eke Christy, Editorial Board member Ukachukwu Chidube. Pro Orji
Ikechukwu and secretary Orji Chioma.
On the official language to be used in the literary works
members deliberated. Fidelis Ochuagha opined that it should be any language.
Orji Ikechukwu said that we can’t be developing the language of others to
the detriment of ours. It was later agreed that the works can be written I any
language.
On the issue of enforcement of the laws and its’ provisions it
was agreed that they shall be an enforcement body whose duty will the
recovery of arrears of monies due to any dismissed member etc.
On the powers of the board of directors, the board of
directors has the power to increase the no of members in any adhoc
committee. And the number being a minimum of 5 and maximum of 8. On the
provision of section 4(1)(c) power to summon at any time a meeting.....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
....“Meeting” was changed to “Emergency general meeting” tobe agreed on by the secretary,
Chairman and Pro.
Christy Eke was of the opinion that the all members of the board
of managements must agreed for there to be a summoning ofa general
meeting for the general Emergency meeting it must be 2/3 majority of the
board of directors. This was adopted.
Christy Eke suggested that an online communication link where
every member can discuss in an emergency meeting aside the general meetingbe opened.
In other words, emergency meetings should be online.
On the issue of bank account it was agreed that it willbe
open after the association stands.
In section 4(1)(g) it was included that there must be 3 signatories to the
account. The clauses “not exceeding N10000.00” was removed.
The founder, Frank Ngozika gave an opening remark and
encouraged members to continue showing interest.
He said that they will be an anthology of short stories and
poems written by members. Ukachukwu Chidube suggested that member of
editorial board be constituted and all works constructively criticized to
avoid publishing bad works.
Frank Ngozika announced that any member whose zone is not
active should join other zones. Ukachukwu Chidube suggested that the
anthology be launched in the South East.
Peace World opined thatthey should be something like Grammy
or award nights for all members where outstanding members will be
celebrated. Daily new suggested that they should be something like writing “a
novel in 60days” show where people like Elechi Amadi, whole Soyinka can be
invited to sharpen our talents. Inthe series they will be evictions where
the best works will be selected to imbibe good reading culture in Nigerian.
It should be a weekly series. The proposal will be given to companies for
sponsorship.
Frank Ngozika said that the major challenge of the
association was finance but will be solved with time.
He also suggested that for the pioneer members they will be
life members. To promote otherswhen they turn 41 years will leave the
association. But the house agreed that pioneer members are life members
while the other promoted members be board members. Frank Ngozika suggested
that it be open that anyone who gets to 40 gets into the advisory board
while the pioneer member becomes life members.
Life members are members who were registered in the National
launching.
Frank Ngozika said we need commitment. The lunching was
scheduled to hold after the zonalmeetings no date was specifically, there
will be a lunching, visit to NTA and getting a lawyer to help us register
as a corporate body. After the launching than the anthology. The nextmeeting will be after the South
West meeting.
The advisory board members should be constituted of the
chairmen, Secretary, Treasurer, Editorial Board(3 Members).
The meeting was adjourned and closing prayer said by Orji
Chioma. The meeting ended at about 5:15pm.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 28, 2012
Pls due to environmental, the South-West meeting will start by 2pm. Pls lets meet at Yabatech via yaba Lagos. Send me an email with your GSM number & name if you are attending. my email: dailyy.newss@gmail.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:09am On Jul 28, 2012
DailyNews: Pls due to environmental, the South-West meeting will start by 2pm. Pls lets meet at Yabatech via yaba Lagos. Send me an email with your GSM number & name if you are attending. my email: dailyy.newss@gmail.com
email? Please my follow authors. Make sure u are @ yaba tech by that exact time. Sit tight @ yaba tech gate...Y.K and Dailynews wil b there to pick u...and take u to any available but friendly venue. Remember! It was jus uniquesty, peaceworld and i on nairaland, but we made it...it was amazing, so y can't south west? Dailynews don't kill d YAN spirit, even if it means fasting and presurazin by phone calls n sms. Uniquesty did dat and we achieved it. Phiozy did alot of sacriface and we storming abuja today. Please LASGIDI, no YAN ME SOUR O.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2012
Emyo: email? Please my follow authors. Make sure u are @ yaba tech by that exact time. Sit tight @ yaba tech gate...Y.K and Dailynews wil b there to pick u...and take u to any available but friendly venue. Remember! It was jus uniquesty, peaceworld and i on nairaland, but we made it...it was amazing, so y can't south west? Dailynews don't kill d YAN spirit, even if it means fasting and presurazin by phone calls n sms. Uniquesty did dat and we achieved it. Phiozy did alot of sacriface and we storming abuja today. Please LASGIDI, no YAN ME SOUR O.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2012
Emyo: email? Please my follow authors. Make sure u are @ yaba tech by that exact time. Sit tight @ yaba tech gate...Y.K and Dailynews wil b there to pick u...and take u to any available but friendly venue. Remember! It was jus uniquesty, peaceworld and i on nairaland, but we made it...it was amazing, so y can't south west? Dailynews don't kill d YAN spirit, even if it means fasting and presurazin by phone calls n sms. Uniquesty did dat and we achieved it. Phiozy did alot of sacriface and we storming abuja today. Please LASGIDI, no YAN ME SOUR O.
Sure I will do my best. considering where people may be coming from, the resumption time will be open until 3pm, & considering lagos holdup & other unforeseen factors.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2012
DailyNews:
Sure I will do my best. considering where people may be coming from, the resumption time will be open until 3pm, & considering lagos holdup & other unforeseen factors.
it's well.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2012
Phiozy: Laughss... It's all good, and we are really moving forward.
Once again, the North Central Zonal meeting would be taking place right in the city of Abuja, at the Millenium Park on the 28th of July. Time: 11am-1pm... The National Co-ordinator, Dailynews, being represented by the South-East Co-ordinator, Emyo, would be giving a speech on the plans, and the way forward for this great association among other things. 'You can't fit just miss it'! Please NC members should endeavour to be present, no matter how busy.....
please do ve OPTION B, Don't b stranded today...o. Select many venue option. C u soon.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Due to unforseen circumstancies best left to God, I won't be attending the Lagos Zonal Meetings.

PITY.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
O boy, we jst finished d meetin, and despite our little number, we were really blessed...
Guess what?
We had a great speech (which was recorded) by Okechukwu Okonjo Iweala, the son of the minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who is a lecturer in the US and jst came home for holidays.
Mehn.. I tell u it was fun-filled.. Despite his american accent, his speech was really inspirin and encouragin, and he gave us d email address of his brother who is a great and known writer, also based in d US. He's a very simple and outgoin young man. Refreshments were served, lots of ideas, contributns, etc.. D minutes of d meetin wld come shortly...here are d pictures taken.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
For specification

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Phiozy: O boy, we jst finished d meetin, and despite our little number, we were really blessed...
Guess what?
We had a great speech (which was recorded) by Okechukwu Okonjo Iweala, the son of the minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who is a lecturer in the US and jst came home for holidays.
Mehn.. I tell u it was fun-filled.. Despite his american accent, his speech was really inspirin and encouragin, and he gave us d email address of his brother who is a great and known writer, also based in d US. He's a very simple and outgoin young man. Refreshments were served, lots of ideas, contributns, etc.. D minutes of d meetin wld come shortly...here are d pictures taken.
shat, gush...am turning back, d holdup coursed by soldiers at abaji was too much, ve been here. Wel i can't wait 4 d minutes and pictures. It now time to go to step 2.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
I am really excited for north central. This is getting interesting. I am waiting 4 d national launch. I have printed YAN Boldly on one of my new tops. Its happening really fast. Phiozy, u are d bomb. I t uala 4 u. Cant wait 2 meet u at d national launch. South west, xup?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply)

AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.