Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (72565 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Caracta(f): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Peaceworld, thanks
@teamgarri, you are funny
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
#teamgarri#:

na now u just dey know ni. that is how they behave i made metion of joining yet i was shunned.u too classy for this anyways.garriteam go embrace u.join us
If you wanted to join, there's a post on how to do dt somewhere up there. You just need to follow the steps outlined. Welcome.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Peaceworld, hope you get it now?

There's one Board chaired by the President (or Chairperson)

Then there are committees carrying out day to day activities presided over by their directors (not the President). They hold their meetings themselves and are subject to the Board. If you appoint a leader to chair over these committees, you can call him Executive Director (what you thought I meant as President)
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
sunical:

There are always two arms. 1. An Executive Board headed by the President and 2. Different committees headed by Directors or Chairs

The Executive Board oversees these committees. You will not find where there's a Chairperson to check the President as Peaceworld puts it. The people to be checked are the Committees. The President is a member of the Board, serves them and is subject to them considerably.

Please, we are all young people. Let none of us claim expert in this. It helps taking a look at similar associations to find out how they've been running successfully and what leadership style worked for them.
The chairperson or chairman is an ordinary board member who 'chairs' board meetings. This is what I wanted you to understand, but you don't want to. The president cant chair board meetings. We can rotate the chairman of the board position amongst d board members. Another good idea. Will b updating d constitution with DailyNews' proposal asap...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
Peaceworld:
The chairperson or chairman is an ordinary board member who 'chairs' board meetings. This is what I wanted you to understand, but you don't want to. The president cant chair board meetings. We can rotate the chairman of the board position amongst d board members. Another good idea. Will b updating d constitution with DailyNews' proposal asap...

The Chairperson is the President and he's also a Board member. He has to be elected not appointed or rotated around.

On the highlighted, I think you are the one who has refused to accept that there's virtually not a writing association using that leadership style you are proposing.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Krysstie: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hey!...i jst joined nairaland n jst found this...is der anyway i can still join d club? My email is xtyzeb@gmail.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
sunical:

The Chairperson is the President and he's also a Board member. He has to be elected not appointed or rotated around.

On the highlighted, I think you are the one who has refused to accept that there's virtually not a writing association using that leadership style you are proposing.
Ours will b d first writing association with ds method, if dt's what you want to hear. It's a bettr option dn d president being d board chair as well. Abeg we'v settled ds. You won. Let's move on? sad You just want to keep arguin...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by teamgarri1: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Krysstie: Hey!...i jst joined nairaland n jst found this...is der anyway i can still join d club? My email is xtyzeb@gmail.com

una no see person wey wan join.power dey hungry alof una.una hostile sha cheesy baby come join garri team
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
Krysstie: Hey!...i jst joined nairaland n jst found this...is der anyway i can still join d club? My email is xtyzeb@gmail.com
Welcome, dear...go to our facebook fan page and you'll see steps to follow in order to register.
www.facebook.com/youngnigerianauthors
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Krysstie: 1:31am On Sep 12, 2012
@peaceworld, kk...tnx much
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lukejd(m): 6:46am On Sep 12, 2012
lukejd:
owkkk @ daily news tnks sir...now dis is d idea:

Name of projct: 'YAN FOR WRITE CAMPAIGN'
Aims: 1. To build a world f writers who wil contribute 2 dis nations buildn process through d power f d pen.
2. To encourage more readership of d works we produce.
3. To make YAN a household name in Nigeria.
A Brief:
In a tym lik dis wen evrytn is crumblin in d nation, leaders r failn n citizens d4 loosn hope. It is very neccessary dt as writers we feed d nation with d ryt thots wc cud serve as a lead in hlpin us develop actions wc r capable f buildin a worthy nation 4 every1 2 live in. If u ask mi wat nigerians nid ryt nw is writers. Writers who through their works can offer great perspectives 2 d dev.of dis country,continent n d world at large.
It is time 4 writin 2 take ova d face of nig. Film-makers av done dis, musicians r doin dis n now it is our turn as writers 2 do dys by takn ova d face f nig. Dnt we tink of a tym in wc instead f ppl listenin 2 d unhealthy nig musics n watchn d obscene nig movies filled up evrywia in dis country ppl wil begin 2 read our works, watch our programmes n apprecia8 us.
It is tym 2 take YAN n writn as a whole 2 d streets, homes n evrywia around d nation. 'It is YAN 4 WRITE CAMPAIGN' n we must rise up n move dis campaign sme reasonable kilometres away 4rm its birthin ground. Join mi n support d 'YAN 4 WRITE CAMPAIGN'.

How 2 achieve dis campaign: By organisn an annual writin tour round campuses in all d tertiary institutns in d nation. We might mk it a 6 yrs plan. In those 6yrs we will visit all d major universities in d 6 geo-political zones i.e. One yr each 4 evry zone.

Funding of dis projct:
Dis wil b basicaly tru corparate n private sponsorships n den partnerships.
* Corporate & private sponsorships such as d fed & state givts., multinational companies, fed n state govt.ministries n parastatals etc.
*Partnerships with likeminded assoc's n org's, universities,educational bodies etc.

Note: dis is jst my idea n its bound n subject 2 adjustments n changes as long as it is in line wit d visions n aspirations of dis association.
Tnks 2 all whom av patiently read n assimilated dis. One luv 2 all f u yanners my advice 2 u is dt, lets kip yanning d yan until all d yan hav been yanned out. Am stil ur boi luke n am checkin out f hia 4 nw. Bye....!!!
@dailynews dis is d idea u askd mi 2 share. Av nt heard ani1's comment on dis pls. @ all yanners am waitin 4 ur reactions pls. Gudmrnin 2 all.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2012
Peaceworld:
Welcome, dear...go to our facebook fan page and you'll see steps to follow in order to register.
www.facebook.com/youngnigerianauthors
That link is incorrect peaceworld, here is the correct link: http://www.facebook.com/NigerianYoungAuthors
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 12, 2012
Krysstie: @peaceworld, kk...tnx much

Follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/NigerianYoungAuthors

You are gladly welcome, we hope to see you participating actively. Meanwhile, you need to also participate in our upcoming election. So find time and go through our fan page.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2012
lukejd:
@dailynews dis is d idea u askd mi 2 share. Av nt heard ani1's comment on dis pls. @ all yanners am waitin 4 ur reactions pls. Gudmrnin 2 all.

Luke, that's a great idea up there, and I want to assure you that other members are glad you came up with it, and I want to also assure you that it will be considered as soon as we are through with the election and swearing in of elected excos...thanks for this great idea. Whenever I see ideas like this coming up from members, it gives me joy, and makes me smile...because it shows that this project, YAN will go far in restructuring Nigeria's long dead literary sector. Please I want to implore all of us once again to please step up our faith and ambition with YAN, and let's jointly work together to bring this idea into an enviable fulfilment, and then leave a legacy for the yet unborn Nigerians. God bless YAN members, God bless YAN and may God bless Nigeria! Goodmorning fellows. smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2012
Once again, this is a reminder of the various posts we will be electing people to fill in:

1. Board member- President
2. Board member- Vice President
3. Board member- Treasurer
4. Board member- Secretary
5. Board member- PRO (Spokesman)
6. Board Member- Coordinator South-East/South-South
7. Board Member- Coordinator South-West
8. Board Member- Coordinator North

Below are the contestant registration fees:
1. President- N20,000
2. Vice President- N10,000
3. Treasurer- N10,000
4. Secretary- N10,000
5. PRO (Spokesman)- N10,000
6. Board Member- Coordinator South-East/South-South- N10,000
7. Board Member- Coordinator South-West- N10,000
8. Board Member- Coordinator North- N10,000

Note: All those aspiring to vie for a post must be fully registered members of YAN. Fully registered member here implies someone who has paid the N1,000 membership registration fee via our ad hoc bank account, and must have been participating in YAN activities for at least a period of one month.

Both fully registered and non-fully registered members will be eligible to vote, but those that are not fully registered must have indicated interest to be a member of YAN on or before September 20th 2012.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by teamgarri1: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: Once again, this is a reminder of the various posts we will be electing people to fill in:

1. President team garri
2. Vice President
3. Treasurer
4. Secretary
5. PRO (Spokesman)

1. President- N20,000
3. Treasurer- N10,000
4. Secretary- N10,000

Note: All those aspiring to vie for a post must be fully registered members of YAN. Fully registered member here implies someone who has paid the N1,000 membership registration fee via our ad hoc bank account, and must have been participating in YAN activities for at least a period of one month.

Both fully registered and non-fully registered members will be eligible to vote, but those that are not fully registered must have indicated interest to be a member of YAN on or before September 20th 2012.

I am contesting for the president. What do i need. How do i pay in my #20000.i want many naira concubine like dailynews
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by teamgarri1: 9:59am On Sep 12, 2012
[size=40pt]VOTE FOR PRESIDENT TEAMGARRI[/size]
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2012
Lol cheesy
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2012
Am still very committed to Yan. joor. Kudos at a. Am uploadi...ng
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2012
lukejd:
owkkk @ daily news tnks sir...now dis is d idea:

Name of projct: 'YAN FOR WRITE CAMPAIGN'
Aims: 1. To build a world f writers who wil contribute 2 dis nations buildn process through d power f d pen.
2. To encourage more readership of d works we produce.
3. To make YAN a household name in Nigeria.
A Brief:
In a tym lik dis wen evrytn is crumblin in d nation, leaders r failn n citizens d4 loosn hope. It is very neccessary dt as writers we feed d nation with d ryt thots wc cud serve as a lead in hlpin us develop actions wc r capable f buildin a worthy nation 4 every1 2 live in. If u ask mi wat nigerians nid ryt nw is writers. Writers who through their works can offer great perspectives 2 d dev.of dis country,continent n d world at large.
It is time 4 writin 2 take ova d face of nig. Film-makers av done dis, musicians r doin dis n now it is our turn as writers 2 do dys by takn ova d face f nig. Dnt we tink of a tym in wc instead f ppl listenin 2 d unhealthy nig musics n watchn d obscene nig movies filled up evrywia in dis country ppl wil begin 2 read our works, watch our programmes n apprecia8 us.
It is tym 2 take YAN n writn as a whole 2 d streets, homes n evrywia around d nation. 'It is YAN 4 WRITE CAMPAIGN' n we must rise up n move dis campaign sme reasonable kilometres away 4rm its birthin ground. Join mi n support d 'YAN 4 WRITE CAMPAIGN'.

How 2 achieve dis campaign: By organisn an annual writin tour round campuses in all d tertiary institutns in d nation. We might mk it a 6 yrs plan. In those 6yrs we will visit all d major universities in d 6 geo-political zones i.e. One yr each 4 evry zone.

Funding of dis projct:
Dis wil b basicaly tru corparate n private sponsorships n den partnerships.
* Corporate & private sponsorships such as d fed & state givts., multinational companies, fed n state govt.ministries n parastatals etc.
*Partnerships with likeminded assoc's n org's, universities,educational bodies etc.

Note: dis is jst my idea n its bound n subject 2 adjustments n changes as long as it is in line wit d visions n aspirations of dis association.
Tnks 2 all whom av patiently read n assimilated dis. One luv 2 all f u yanners my advice 2 u is dt, lets kip yanning d yan until all d yan hav been yanned out. Am stil ur boi luke n am checkin out f hia 4 nw. Bye....!!!

Glanced through it. Great idea and points...will read it deeply later.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
After several considerations, and to also encourage members to participate in the election so that we do not end up loosing key-members as a result of the considered high-contestant registration fee, we have decided to bring down the fee as outlined below:

Non-Board Member Posts

6. Coordinator South-East/South-South
7. Coordinator South-West
8. Coordinator North

Below are the reviewed contestant registration fees:

1. President- N3,000
2. Vice President- N3,000
3. Treasurer- N3,000
4. Secretary- N3,000
5. PRO (Spokesman)- N3,000

Non-Board Member Posts
6. Coordinator South-East/South-South- N2,000
7. Coordinator South-West- N2,000
8. Coordinator North- N2,000

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lukejd(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: Once again, this is a reminder of the various posts we will be electing people to fill in:

1. President- N20,000
3. Treasurer- N10,000
4. Secretary- N10,000

hmmmmm na woah i wnt 2 vie 4 d post f d North Coordinator bt am jst sure f raisin 5k b4 dt tym. Pls nid sme1 2 support mi pls. Can some1 support mi?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lukejd(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: After several considerations, and to also encourage members to participate in the election so that we do not end up loosing key-members as a result of the considered high-contestant registration fee, we have decided to bring down the fee as outlined below:

Non-Board Member Posts

8. Coordinator North

1. President- N3,000
3. Treasurer- N3,000
4. Secretary- N3,000

Non-Board Member Posts

eheennn nw i fit contest dis election even kip smal change 4 pocket. Tnks 4 dis averted decision. Its sc a relievin n impressin one.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: After several considerations, and to also encourage members to participate in the election so that we do not end up loosing key-members as a result of the considered high-contestant registration fee, we have decided to bring down the fee as outlined below:

Non-Board Member Posts

8. Coordinator North

1. President- N3,000
3. Treasurer- N3,000
4. Secretary- N3,000

Non-Board Member Posts

Can we email every member about this?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
After pasting my speech. Peaceworld wil help us generate the over 200 emails in our mailbox and on this thread and email them wit my speech
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2012

Non-Board Member Posts

8. Coordinator North

1. President- N3,000
3. Treasurer- N3,000
4. Secretary- N3,000

Non-Board Member Posts

Can see only five positions for board members here while we have fixed minimum of 5 n max of 8, so there are 3 more board member positions, Oga DailyNews. Please we need to announce tthis other three positions o...that's +N9000 more in our kitty o...smiley And I want to contest for board member o...but dont want to b d PRO n cant b d sec or treasurer since our ladies hav those, so we need to announce those three positions o...cool
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2012

Non-Board Member Posts

8. Coordinator North

1. President- N3,000
3. Treasurer- N3,000
4. Secretary- N3,000

Non-Board Member Posts

Can see only five positions for board members here while we have fixed minimum of 5 n max of 8, so there are 3 more board member positions, Oga DailyNews. Please we need to announce tthis other three positions o...that's +N9000 more in our kitty o...smiley And I want to contest for board member o...but dont want to b d PRO n cant b d sec or treasurer since our ladies hav those, so we need to announce those three positions o...cool
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
sunical:

Can we email every member about this?
Definitely yes. Pls go ahead man.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Peaceworld:

Take up one from any of the aforementioned pls...we cannot keep enlarging this leadership pls guys reason with me...why don't you want to go for the posts you mentioned?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good day, Young Authors of Nigerians.
From our first and lasting impressions as an association of vibrant writers with unique aims and objectives centred on the total captivation, vitalising and inculcating into the average the nigerians reading and writing culture, all these above will be a mission in illusional fruition without capable, focused and orderly leadership pattern.
In lieu hither, i want to thank each one of you who has bestowed on me your trust as your electoral officer in whom our potential leaders will be instigated from its sincere and dedicated umpire. I promise to strive to expectations.

Yan leadership will be known and called Board of Executives with a simple but linear form of administration. The future of this association depends on the leaders set-up during this electoral process.

In piloting the affairs of this potential association to the greatest favour of the largest number of Authors within this realm, are designated with this self_explanatory positions.

s/n office contestant fee
1. President.........N3,000
2. vice president...N3,000
3. Treasurer......N3,000
4. Secretary........N3,000
5. Spokes man....N3,000
6. South-east/south-south coordinator--N2,000
7. South-west coordinator--N2,000
8. Northern Coordinator....N2,000

All those aspiring to vie for a post must be fully registered members of Young Authors of Nigeria. Fully registered implies to those who had paid the N1,000 membership registration fee via our ad hoc bank account, sent into naija.writersclub@gmail.com his/her payment details and have sent a copy of same bank payment details, which must include names and taller number to +2347069775020 for verification.
Those aspiring to vie for a post must have been participating in yan activities for no less than 96hrs of indicating for membership.

All members, registered or not are eligible to vote.
Whether fully registere or not. Paid the membership fee or not, but who did indicate interest to join 96hrs before the election. Even without ovious contribution.

Note; all contestants must pay they contestant fee before their names can be registered and shorlisted to be voted for, with adherence to these preceeding dates.

Peacefull campaigns will be allowed on nairaland and on our facebook fan page.

Coarsive words or attacks is highly prohibited and leads to disqualification.

All payment should be made through our ad-hoc account.

Manifestoes, complains and suggestions should be submittted to naija.writersclub@gmail.com.

Schedule

14th september to 14th of octomber_voters/aspirant registration on our voting platform.

15th september to 14th octomber... compaigns, rallies, congress, Q&A, massive awarness.

15 september to 10th octomber- submission of manifestoes.

15 octomber to 29th octomber voting proper

29th to 31st octomber, annoucement of results.

31st octomber. Introduction and handing over.

1st november 2012, new era in yan.

I thank You for your usual cooperation.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews:

Take up one from any of the aforementioned pls...we cannot keep enlarging this leadership pls guys reason with me...why don't you want to go for the posts you mentioned?
Abeg we need those other three board members Oga Dailynews...seems what we then have here is just an executive committee...hmmmmm...know why am saying all this o....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
Emyo: Good day, Young Authors of Nigerians.
From our first and lasting impressions as an association of vibrant writers with unique aims and objectives centred on the total captivation, vitalising and inculcating into the average the nigerians reading and writing culture, all these above will be a mission in illusional fruition without capable, focused and orderly leadership pattern.
In lieu hither, i want to thank each one of you who has bestowed on me your trust as your electoral officer in whom our potential leaders will be instigated from its sincere and dedicated umpire. I promise to strive to expectations.

Yan leadership will be known and called Board of Executives with a simple but linear form of administration. The future of this association depends on the leaders set-up during this electoral process.

In piloting the affairs of this potential association to the greatest favour of the largest number of Authors within this realm, are designated with this self_explanatory positions.

s/n office contestant fee
1. President.........N20,000
2. vice president...N10,000
3. Treasurer......N10,000
4. Secretary........N5,000
5. Spokes man....N10,000
6. South-east/south-south coordinator--N5,000
7. South-west coordinator--N5,000
8. Northern Coordinator....N5,000

All those aspiring to vie for a post must be fully registered members of Young Authors of Nigeria. Fully registered implies to those who had paid the N1,000 membership registration fee via our ad hoc bank account, sent into naija.writersclub@gmail.com his/her payment details and have sent a copy of same bank payment details, which must include names and taller number to +2347069775020 for verification.
Those aspiring to vie for a post must have been participating in yan activities for no less than 96hrs of indicating for membership.

All members, registered or not are eligible to vote.
Whether fully registere or not. Paid the membership fee or not, but who did indicate interest to join 96hrs before 22nd of octomber 2012. Even without ovious contribution.

Note; all contestant7 must pay they contestant fee before their names can be registered and shorlisted to be voted for, with adherence to these preceeding dates.

Peacefull campaigns will be allowed on nairaland and on our facebook fan page.

Coarsive words or attacks is highly prohibited and leads to disqualification.

All payment should be made through our ad-hoc account.

Manifestoes, complains and suggestions should be submittted to naija.writersclub@gmail.com.

Schedule

14th september to 14th of octomber_voters/aspirant registration on our voting platform.

15th september to 14th octomber... compaigns, rallies, congress, Q&A, massive awarness.

15 september to 10th octomber- submission of manifestoes.

15 octomber to 29th octomber voting proper

29th to 31st octomber, annoucement of results.

31st octomber. Introduction and handing over.

1st november 2012, new era in yan.

I thank You for your usual cooperation.
Oga abeg, your fees don't tally with those of DailyNews. You made a mistake?

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (68) (Reply)

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Roomates / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.