Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,609 members, 7,979,052 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:17 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (72984 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:00am On Sep 15, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Its clear now!

I thought dailynews was the President?
his d iniatiator/founder. His a member like we all.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 6:03am On Sep 15, 2012
Emyo: his d iniatiator/founder. His a member like we all.

Ok!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Its clear now!

I thought dailynews was the President?
No ma, founder in our own context, doesn't necessarily mean he/she must be the president. We all are members with equal privileges, so anyone can be the president so long as he/she meets the simple criteria for eligibility to vie for the post.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2012
I welcome myself back. I was on a sick bed. D devil tried 2 steal ma soul away bt Mercy said No. To all yanners, i kip on luvin u guys cos we rock. 4 those who tink dis club is meant 4 sum pple, pls free urself nd enjoy d gudnes of YAN. Its a place 2 be. This associatn started early dis yr nd see hw far we've come. If only we stop arguing, complainin nd fightin; and start countin our blessings nd namin them one by one, we'l b surely surprised at what God has done. Yes! There's a new Xty on board. I welcome ha specially. Just for d reason of ha bearin dat cute name, ama put ha thru d happenings down here. Teamgarri, hug d nearest transformer. Lol! Where is pearl Hapi, sunical, phiozy, Yk, Raph, diamondwriter, dubemkelly et al? Pls, u guys shld come back home. I mis u guys nd No place like home. @luke, thanks 4 apologisin 2 peaceworld. U've jst climbed anoda step on ma ladder of Respect. @dailynews, u remain d main man. @sunical, my flag is flyin high 4 u. @peaceworld, if there's any1 i respect here, its u. Ur efforts in seein d succes of YAN is unrewardable. Bt pls lets go wit d simple executive board enlistd above. This is a writers club, lets not create an avenue 4 power tussle. Besides, 4 wot YAN stands 4, i didnt see any editorial board, or would they b appointed? Pls lets kip our visions and aims in mind. This thread is meant 2 b bubblin wit activities like write-ups etc admist our administrative yans but rather we have more of arguments that bore our guests nd readers. We r doing wel bt pls more efforts. Btw, Emyo, u havnt filled in d available posts on d e-votin site. Pls do dat. I've jst sent a mail 2 al yanners concernin d election. One love
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2012
Uniquexty: I welcome myself back. I was on a sick bed. D devil tried 2 steal ma soul away bt Mercy said No. To all yanners, i kip on luvin u guys cos we rock. 4 those who tink dis club is meant 4 sum pple, pls free urself nd enjoy d gudnes of YAN. Its a place 2 be. This associatn started early dis yr nd see hw far we've come. If only we stop arguing, complainin nd fightin; and start countin our blessings nd namin them one by one, we'l b surely surprised at what God has done. Yes! There's a new Xty on board. I welcome ha specially. Just for d reason of ha bearin dat cute name, ama put ha thru d happenings down here. Teamgarri, hug d nearest transformer. Lol! Where is pearl Hapi, sunical, phiozy, Yk, Raph, diamondwriter, dubemkelly et al? Pls, u guys shld come back home. I mis u guys nd No place like home. @luke, thanks 4 apologisin 2 peaceworld. U've jst climbed anoda step on ma ladder of Respect. @dailynews, u remain d main man. @sunical, my flag is flyin high 4 u. @peaceworld, if there's any1 i respect here, its u. Ur efforts in seein d succes of YAN is unrewardable. Bt pls lets go wit d simple executive board enlistd above. This is a writers club, lets not create an avenue 4 power tussle. Besides, 4 wot YAN stands 4, i didnt see any editorial board, or would they b appointed? Pls lets kip our visions and aims in mind. This thread is meant 2 b bubblin wit activities like write-ups etc admist our administrative yans but rather we have more of arguments that bore our guests nd readers. We r doing wel bt pls more efforts. Btw, Emyo, u havnt filled in d available posts on d e-votin site. Pls do dat. I've jst sent a mail 2 al yanners concernin d election. One love
Like I once said, we will never lose a member in the course of this project, so exty, the devil is nothing but a joker by trying to tamper with u. Anyway, welcome back onboard. As for the editorial board, its not going to be a contested post but an appointment based on performance and traits observed in the member or members, and that appointment will be made by the president on assumption of office after election and swearing in. For now, let's go with the few positions we have. But then, people need to start declaring their interest or should we do this by appointment since people aren't declaring interest to vie? Concerning our thread, everything will fall in place the moment we are done with this leadership issue. Good morning fellows and wishing u all a lovely weekend!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2012
DailyNews: No ma, founder in our own context, doesn't necessarily mean he/she must be the president. We all are members with equal privileges, so anyone can be the president so long as he/she meets the simple criteria for eligibility to vie for the post.

Pls stop using this "ma" rubbish! I am just asking questions, in future a newbie or member might need me to enlighten him/her about your club and I don't want to be dumb that is why I have been observing whats going on to understand you guys better.

As per the eligibility for the president's post being open to everyone,that is shear genius and commendable! I respect that! There is nothing I hate more than dictatorship, I prefer equality, freedom of expression and togetherness. Y'all should keep up the unity! wink
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Pls stop using this "ma" rubbish! I am just asking questions, in future a newbie or member might need me to enlighten him/her about your club and I don't want to be dumb that is why I have been observing whats going on to understand you guys better.

As per the eligibility for the president's post being open to everyone,that is shear genius and commendable! I respect that! There is nothing I hate more than dictatorship, I prefer equality, freedom of expression and togetherness. Y'all should keep up the unity! wink

lol. You guys won't flood my stomach with laughter.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
DailyNews: Like I once said, we will never lose a member in the course of this project, so exty, the devil is nothing but a joker by trying to tamper with u. Anyway, welcome back onboard. As for the editorial board, its not going to be a contested post but an appointment based on performance and traits observed in the member or members, and that appointment will be made by the president on assumption of office after election and swearing in. For now, let's go with the few positions we have. But then, people need to start declaring their interest or should we do this by appointment since people aren't declaring interest to vie? Concerning our thread, everything will fall in place the moment we are done with this leadership issue. Good morning fellows and wishing u all a lovely weekend!

According to Emyo, we have from 14th September to 14th October to declare/vie for position. I think we can wait till then before opting for appointment.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
sunical:

According to Emyo, we have from 14th September to 14th October to declare/vie for position. I think we can wait till then before opting for appointment.
i think somebody should do fb publicity well. Kra mi, d devil is a toad. U are a living testmony to an immortal spirit...amen?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
sunical:

If we can do ds by appointmnt bettr...nobody's showing interest...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
Peaceworld:
If we can do ds by appointmnt bettr...nobody's showing interest...
I am beginning to think it was too early for us to adopt this democracy, maybe we need to nurture this dream to an enviable height before further moves to carry out election. But at least this move will always stand as a witness that we have no hidden agenda as media may later on carry it. Meanwhile, by next week, I will be consulting all the people that have showed great interest and also devoted their time, talent and effort in an effort to form leadership by appointment. It is obvious here that members are not that moved towards going for various positions, and we cannot blame them because that's the usual Nigerian people attitude- they always despise days of little beginning but once it turns big, tom dick n harry wants to identify with the success. So guys- sunical, peaceworld, emyo, uniquexty, luke, hapi-pearl, et al, we have to take this bull by the horns and drag to our direction cos if we continue this way, yan may end up being a lost dream.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
DailyNews: I am beginning to think it was too early for us to adopt this democracy, maybe we need to nurture this dream to an enviable height before further moves to carry out election. But at least this move will always stand as a witness that we have no hidden agenda as media may later on carry it. Meanwhile, by next week, I will be consulting all the people that have showed great interest and also devoted their time, talent and effort in an effort to form leadership by appointment. It is obvious here that members are not that moved towards going for various positions, and we cannot blame them because that's the usual Nigerian people attitude- they always despise days of little beginning but once it turns big, tom dick n harry wants to identify with the success. So guys- sunical, peaceworld, emyo, uniquexty, luke, hapi-pearl, et al, we have to take this bull by the horns and drag to our direction cos if we continue this way, yan may end up being a lost dream.

Okay let's go by appointment.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 5:30am On Sep 16, 2012
Chinasi sucker, was it a movie...oh i know king of the, of the...yes rings. Its for sure a movie...no! Its Azonto! Hmm Azonto tinz o...Yan, make una follow me dance Azonto, cuz have writen my main paper, left wit monday and thursday o. I need your prayers to finish my exams wit good health o. Am saying this bcuz Bosslin (blessed memory) appeared in my lodge cum d use my lodge mates and i act chinasi karate movie o, my inspiration is...am writing an episold my 1st day in police cell, i reported in police o, he appeared and ordered them to lock us, kai e no easy, in there all my mind na YAN YAN YAN, ELECTION, YAN, ACTIVATION, YAN YAN, am owt sha, but my ear ve bin dropin some liquid since a day b4 xterday, am always hearin a sound in 1 ear. Any doctor hear, advice me o. My ear drum want go? Devil u ar a toad. Its well.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2012
Jus did diz 4 a thread i met uniqesty on diz morning. (write your 'drabble') its a literary work not more than 100words. I tink Yan wil like it...hapi sunday.

Drew it closer, and i went mad. I felt the whole heavenly pleasure was on me.-it was palatable. I kept struggling with it, and at a point, my tonque started eating it self fat. I made the hole through it and it was pleasing. I kept pounding like i will never want to stop-it was interesting. Oh! I got it, it some tiny balls, as i squeezed it while pounding on the hole i made, i felt like i could fly, it was unbeliveably sweet. All in a sudden femi nagged at me 'what are you doing, God! U've torned your vital foam.'- its horror. Painfull.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by onemecarl: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hi Peaceworld,
You've been doing a great job on behalf of YAN. Please keep it up. However, I was shocked to see a personal mail I sent to the YAN e-mail address on nairaland. No offense, but I am not comfortable with my personal details splashed in a public forum as this. So could you please take it down? Thanks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
onemecarl: Hi Peaceworld,
You've been doing a great job on behalf of YAN. Please keep it up. However, I was shocked to see a personal mail I sent to the YAN e-mail address on nairaland. No offense, but I am not comfortable with my personal details splashed in a public forum as this. So could you please take it down? Thanks
So sorry for this. Will do that ASAP. Could you please tell me the page it's on so that I can remove it? Again sorry for ds...must have used it to bring someone's attention to your mail. Will do...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
woz appnin?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by onemecarl: 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
Peaceworld:
So sorry for this. Will do that ASAP. Could you please tell me the page it's on so that I can remove it? Again sorry for ds...must have used it to bring someone's attention to your mail. Will do...
It's on page 49 of this thread. Again, thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by cescky(m): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
@peaceman, pls i need your email adress, id like you to please clarify me on certain things.Thanks and God bless
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
cescky: @peaceman, pls i need your email adress, id like you to please clarify me on certain things.Thanks and God bless
mailgeorgeshadow@yahoo.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
onemecarl:
It's on page 49 of this thread. Again, thanks for your cooperation.
Done, but then, someone else highlighted it in her post...sad
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by onemecarl: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hi Uniquexty,
I would appreciate it if you could also take down the post containing my personal details(on page 49). It was suppose to be a personal mail. Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lukejd(m): 12:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Helloo pals....its nice 2 b bck again in ur midst afta an endless tussle wit d ntwrk. I tink i av returnd 2 dis thread wit a bang f more ideas n initiatives dt wud spring up dis vision 2 d nxt level. Tnks 2 evry1 who has bin kipn dis thread alive. Luv u all!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by cescky(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2012
Peaceworld:
mailgeorgeshadow@yahoo.com

thanks, names anthony i sent you a mail last nite....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by teamgarri1: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2012

Oga dailynews, You are such a hypocrite. Why you dey fall my hand. You too dey disgrace yourself with all your scandals on nl.shey na the only writing skills you get be that.u and women drama everyday.wuss whimp like u creating threads becos yan member no gree do.better stop painting yan in a bad light.anoda member created a thread to discuss your excesses.where does your priority lie?

4 Likes

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
teamgarri wat do u really want. Preponderancies y yan should or wil nt make it?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lukejd(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
Gudevnin pals....luks lyk we r 2 silent dan xpctd. wats up?
Wats nxt? Wats d nxt move? I dnt tink dis is d bst tym 4 recess.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2012
Please whats next now na, directors?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2012
check ur emails...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dailynews, check ur mail
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Uniquexty: Dailynews, check ur mail

Checked and replied....pls check yours. I need lukd's email, can someone pls send it to me? Phoebe pls check your facebook inbox, and luke send me your email now to: dailyy.newss@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 7:10am On Sep 20, 2012
Hi everyone, YAN still rocks. Very soon our official account wil be ready so we'l all feel safe and happy. I'm jst waiting 4 d appointment so that we can know our account signatries. And hope we remember what we are, writers. Sure we've all bin writing d world out. As 4 me, i'm a phlegsan and its a bad omen 4 a writer, dats if u knw d actual meaning of procastination and disorganization. Dat apart, lets kip making ourselves proud. Oga dailynews, d thread is dull. Open us up wit a short story nd we'l all follow suite. We nid vibrancy here again. Ciao!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (68) (Reply)

Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Unwanted- Safarigirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.