Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter (16932 Views)

Peter Okoye Apologizes For Calling His Brother Out Online - ''I'm Not Perfect'' / Fans Blast Joke Jigan For Flaunting Her Boobs Online (Pics) / Davido Apologizes To Dele Momodu After Drama With Babymama, Sophia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by free2ryhme: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2012
Upcoming artiste and ‘Dami duro’ star, David Adeleke, who is better known as Davido has apologized for posting a 10million naira cheque online on Tuesday April 24.

Davido posted a 10 million cheque online via his twittter account ”Great meeting, made a little change.”

The posting generated criticisms from most of his fans who descended on him saying such act was childish of him. On realizing the damage caused, the teenager apologized for the picture, and removed it from his twitter handle after a few hours.

He apologised with this tweet, ”I’m sorry to those that were offended by the picture [I posted earlier]. I never knew God would take me this far and I got a little carried away. Una own sef go come (yours will also come).

Earlier this year, was a victim of pictures on bed with a groupie. Days later, pictures of Davido with a girl went viral online.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/25/i-am-sorry-for-posting-my-10million-naira-online-davido/
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by montelik(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
was there a need for an apology? after all, no be say him thief the cheque.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by victorian(f): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Because its irritating to some eyes viewing it grin

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by MissyB3(f): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
”I’m sorry to those that were offended by the picture [I posted earlier]. I never knew God would take me this far and I got a little carried away. Una own sef go come (yours will also come).
Now, this is the way to go. Good one!

BTW, he's only a teenager? I really know little or nothing about these 'new' and upcoming artistes.
I felt like slapping my PC screen just to deal with him when I viewed one of his interviews.
He came across as a very annoying kid, he further confirmed being a baby by posting the controversial photo and calling it 'change'.

For some inexplainable reason, I find that act in bad taste, it's quite impressive he acknowledged his problem and even apologized.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by yme1(f): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^^^^ He said 10million is change? wow he did go far with the act
but good to know he came back to his senses tho.
he is just 19, and making that much money at that young age is still a shock to him I guess. lol
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Jeel: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
For what
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by OmawumiMegbele(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
We are not offended.

16 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Moses247(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
Small Pikin sense

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by fuke(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
This guy needs a professional manager pronto.

It is this childish attitude and inability to manage success
that led to the downfall and even death of many gifted black artists.

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by ade2tu(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Nice 1 bro.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by 9jafreak: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
3. Abeg, me thinks this boy will fall faster than he rose with the poor, lousily ecstatic management he surrounds himself with.

4. Davido really needs a 'matured, highly intelligent" behind the scene maestro to chart his course through the maze of masculinity and the crises of overachievement.

5. He is too young and his CREW are too young also. His brother appears to be giving him too much freedom. He has become like a child who has never seen money before (and indeed he hasn't since his father was a DISCIPLINARIAN). He needs to go back to a moderate form of that austere living!

6. I like you man but I hope you will not bottle it up. It's Not about making an album it;s about surving the long haul. Remember STYLE PLUS? Miles better but poorly managed!

7. Always think of Psquare: They didn't have the talent for music at the beginning stage to be fair (na copy copy o, in their own words). But Jude is a disciplinarian, role model and a genius!

Find yours son...before the rope snaps!

As they say, a word is enough

7 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by poweredcom(m): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
indeed davido has not suffered or go broke in his 20years on earth, his dad a billionaire and that helped him a lot to boost his music. As for his 20 milla cheque on twitter, he is really a fool and also for apologizing that he did not know it would go that far. Nigerian mentality despite been rich

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Silva79(f): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
From 2million naira chain to flaunting 10million naira cheque on twitter Na u sabi jooorr..gud to know he apologized.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Nairaboi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
menh! Davido fuckd up big time. Wat was d apology for? People calling him inmature, e dey pain una say una no fit get dat kind money? U are a big boy, and u gat to show it. Any fan wey no like am is free to de-fan him and non fans are free to go get their own money.

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by saydfact(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
all those who supported the "act" shd do so..... its a pity, sm pple dont know wat been a public figure means.
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by saydfact(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
...just to add to the "above", rather than edit.... "where did the cash craze get " DA-GREEN " to? ....six feet below...rIp
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by saydfact(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
our record companies need to learn from thier counterparts abroad.. little bow-wow, justin etc.. are so well managed they are not allowed to buy even certain wears themselves, talk-less of flaunting HENESSEEE in videos... if he's 19 (which i know na stage age) he shdn't be near alcohol (dats the law)...... too bad, we (including me) are "too-blind" to see..... God help My Country.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by PrinceDudu(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Good boy wink wink now go get yourself some nice things cheesy cheesy
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Parnassuss(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
montelik: was there a need for an apology? after all, no be say him thief the cheque.

Join me ask oh I trip sef say people carry the matter for head. Abeg the guy try say at him age hammer dey knack am well.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by yemmyma: 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
Of course i won't hate on him. But the truth is modeled to be a bad society. If it was a multi national that paid that much to him for any kind of venture then we have a problem in this country. That is exactly the same problem we are experiencing with D'banj today. Boasting of acquiring multiple jeeps and houses for his team and lots of arrogance to come with.

I think these companies can be socially responsible by investing in their customer service to make a good brand. I think its high time the Nigerian consumers started demanding the value of their money from these so called multi nationals who are only interested in entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by armadeo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
an unnecessary thread. 'moves on'

3 Likes

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by alex406(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Good boy>
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by youngmonie: 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wonder whts wiv all des people shouting......cmmon d KID is just 19 yr old............ hes acting his ages!!!

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Well, they say all publicity is good publicity, or something like that....

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to make some for yourself https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by crackhouse(m): 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
poweredcom: indeed davido has not suffered or go broke in his 20years on earth, his dad a billionaire and that helped him a lot to boost his music. As for his 20 milla cheque on twitter, he is really a fool and also for apologizing that he did not know it would go that far. Nigerian mentality despite been rich
10m and not 20m besides his father was never a billionaire and have not become one.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by nekaa(f): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
said it was change and later he got little carried away, if it was realy change he wont be a little carried away. #jst saying o#

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by Ninilowo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
Professional IGNORAMUS. ;DProfessional IGNORAMUS.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by saydfact(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Nekaa

a few people know maths when its written in english......
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by ebamma(m): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
its frustrating when a kid like davido is paid such money 4 climbing on a stage an performing for 30minutes or 1 hour while a police sergeant with a family to feed will not make such money in 10 years service,the problem with money is that, it always goes to the wrong people
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by kilimanjaro(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
crackhouse: 10m and not 20m besides his father was never a billionaire and have not become one.
His father owns a private university in Osun state and several filling stations. His father is also the younger brother of the former Osun state governor.

1 Like

Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by kilimanjaro(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
The boy needs a good manager as soon as possible.
Re: Davido Apologizes For Flaunting ₦10M Cheque On Twitter by born2boink(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
I hear say, him papa na billionaire, that would not freak him,he just want to freak nigeria,maybe his dad pay the money .. He should be enjoying life,bleeping white women and better shayo, women bathing in nude for you..since parent is rich already.you no get problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jim Iyke's N15M Scandal / Celebrity Section 2013 / Ali Baba's N30m Intervention Revolving Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.