Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,189 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:01 AM

Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi (35328 Views)

The Reason Why Gen. Azazi Was Killed? / Gen.Azazi,Gov.yakowa Dead?...sahara News / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by edicolove: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2012
nagoma: @edicolove

I wonder what made Azazi recover his courage and sense of judgement as a General but he has hit the nail on the head. With the gross injustice within PDP and it's utterly corrupt and illegal syndicate they call government there will never be peace in Nigeria--- even if all Boko haram leaders were captured and killed as Azazi implied . A president selected not based on any demonstrated personal qualities and sagacity in leadership but merely as a tribal and religious champion ( as assumed by novices) cannot deliver peace. The north has no monopoly of incompetence as amply demonstrated by the most incompetent of all - a southern president elected/selected by the south presiding over a most corrupt and directionless government and blaming everybody but themselves for the mess. The crowd in Nairaland bleating the tribalistic equivalent of " four legs bad two legs good" when their country is being taken to the knackers by PDP. Shouting and screaming against " Muslims!! the North!!! Will get us nowhere as long as PDP is allowed to continue with the impunity they call democracy and the tyranny they call governance.

The first problem is that over 90% of the people who have commented don't even understand the generals statement. Secondly, what the general said is pretty obvious. The only difference is that is is coming from a high profile government official and a chief security officer. I did predict this to my friends right from the time the concensus candidate saga ensued that it was a dangerous precedence. And if you can recall, the consensus candidate plot did cut across all the parties. it was a northern thing(though the north central was not duly represented). That clamour, set a terrible undertone for the post election violence. The post election violence then set the tone for BH. If you also recall, the consensus click went as far as saying they were ready to rally the opposition together to fight the PDP as far as it produced a northern president. The truth is, these all point to one fact, that Nigerians don't see themselves as one. As long as the north thinks they must rule, Nigeria will never work.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by owendei(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
kITA TITA: As the National Security Adviser, what's Azazi doing? He is part of the PDP government. Is he and all the other Security proffessionals powerless against Boko Haram? What hope are they giving the citezenry by this seeming admission of helplessness.
may God reward u 4 dis. dts d truth. as d national (chief) security adviser (oga azazi), wat hav u done 2 remedi d situatn. d truth remains dt if dis unnecesari security tension continues n inocent lives kip dyin, God wil hold u resposibl cos u're part of d govt. u tink its all abt comin 2 say dis @ d south south summit? do ur wok as d nsa n shut dt stupid mouth up. we want actn n nt 2much talk. aah!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by jmaine: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2012
The PDP zoning brouhaha permeated all facets of our political clime during the last poll . . .maybe due to their large presence across the country . . a reason why consciously or subconsciously . .the main political opponents preffered and endorsed Northerners to be their flag bearers . . .hoping to capitalize on the PDP internal wranglings to curry votes to their side . . .

It's even more easier for the proponents of Boko Haram to tap into this feud to reign in terror as a protest tool . . .

But as usual . .people who simply refuse to think . .do not understand the main import of Azazi . .he said what has being said all along . . .nothing new to it . . .
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Samola1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
PDP is bent on destroying this country with it's crazy kind of politics as you can see but by God's grace we shall see their downfall unless they repent of their evil ways.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Orikinla(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
cold: Azazi blames Boko Haram attacks on PDP

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He added that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

“It takes very long for somebody to be a sniper,” Mr. Azazi said.

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/27/azazi-blames-boko-haram-attacks-on-pdp/

The truth at last.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
He's just regurgitating what the conscious minds having saying since boko haram started... Shame on you religious bigots who turned everything into a religious thing, and tried to discredit those who said the Nigerian leaders are responsible for Boko Haram...

I'll e-slap any fool that comes on this thread to exonerate, the useless leaders in Nigeria...

PDP = Poverty Destruction Poverty ... Povertyx2

Okija_jujuOkija_mumu and sugardiva

The both of you need to steer clear of this thread. We have enough greedy and clueless people in Nigeria, we don't need more.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
jmaine: The PDP zoning brouhaha permeated all facets of our political clime during the last poll . . .maybe due to their large presence across the country . . a reason why consciously or subconsciously . .the main political opponents preffered and endorsed Northerners to be their flag bearers . . .hoping to capitalize on the PDP internal wranglings to curry votes to their side . . .
It's even more easier for the proponents of Boko Haram to tap into this feud to reign in terror as a protest tool . . .

But as usual . .people who simply refuse to think . .do not understand the main import of Azazi . .he said what has being said all along . . .nothing new to it . . .

Are you still trying to defend PDP?

PDP is boko haram, boko haram is PDP - birds of a feather...

Enough said!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by ignis: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
Silensa: Azazi u got it right but please b more specific
Do u want to be spoon-fed? Can't you use your sense to know the people behind it nw?
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by ballabriggs: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2012
It is all PDP! The whole BH episode is not different from what we've always known of the PDP i.e destroy, intimidate, divide and if possible kill. It was the same in Osun, Oyo, Anambra and even the Niger Delta. So why call the opposition into solving what is a 'PDP affair'-as they always treat such issues. What happened to Datti Ahmed who tried to get involved? He was clearly blackmailed with the help of the press. Details of a meetings which ought to be kept confidential was leaked to the press. How unprofessional! And you still want people to get involved? However, it does not change the fact that Azazi is a hypocite. The longer this mess goes on, the more money he makes via security votes. So why would he not fight tooth and nail to see it go on and on?
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by jmaine: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
shymmex:

Are you still trying to defend PDP?

PDP is boko haram, boko haram is PDP - birds of a feather...

Enough said!

to the foolish mind . . GEJ invented boko haram for tenure extension . . . . I cant help you to understand simple logic cos my post is very clear . . .the PDP zoning problems caused problems that extended outside the party arena . .it was no longer a PDP feud but a North- South feud . . .and why did the main opposition to the PDP have northern candidates against the PDP . . .cant help you if you cant see where Gen Azazi was clearly heading to . . .you only chose to dwell on what you chose to dwell . .but the message is clear . . .
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Geeweeny(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
@cold u r an illitrate,whch skul u go sef stupid human bein,tryin 2 requote wt d man said in a wrong way.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by donpeluchi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
Pdp is a brood of vipers
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by owendei(m): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
oga azazi do u expect a standin ovation 4 dis? nonsense! so as d natnal security adviser what hav u done (directly or indirectly) 2 remedy d situation. bt come o, as d nsa wetin b ur job sef? or u tynk its all abt comin 2 say it @ d south south summit? shame on u 4 knowin dis all dis while n nt being able 2 do sth abt it. as long as innocent nigerian citienz remain insecured, God wil hold u responsibl cos u're part of d govt. (just imaginin hw dt sily mouth luks lyk wen sayin dis nonsense). tchewww abegi!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
jmaine:
to the foolish mind . . GEJ invented boko haram for tenure extension . . . . I cant help you to understand simple logic cos my post is very clear . . .the PDP zoning problems caused problems that extended outside the party arena . .it was no longer a PDP feud but a North South feud . . .and why did the main opposition to the PDP have northern candidates against the PDP . . .cant help you if you cant see where Gen Azazi was clearly heading to . . .you only chose to dwell on what you chose to dwell . .but the message is clear . . .

I don't know why you're turning it into a North Vs. South thing. It's clearly not - it's a PDP Northern caucus Vs. PDP Southern caucus feud, and the two corrupt and greedy caucuses don't represent the average Nigerian.. Yet the poor masses are the ones bearing the brunt of this madness.

The only solution is for the country to go back to regional government and integration - like Prof. Wole Soyinka suggested. And a ceremonial center - with little, or no power.

South Western Region (with the inclusion of the Itsekiris and Ilajes in Delta + Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states)

Eastern Region (with the inclusion of Aniomas and all other Delta Igbo groups)

South South Region.

Northern Region.

Middle Belt Region.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by ahmedinho1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2012
The funniest part is that he can only talk. I don't see anything he can do to it. Just like many Nigerians have been talking! Kudos to him for coming out to speak his mind anyway!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by ib0221: 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2012
Pls, I will always appreciate us in looking at things with the right perspective. I think we should all make it clear to the president and his pdp cohorts that our lives are important than their political gains. However, pls, read this as reported in the Vanguard.

His words, “The PDP got it wrong from the beginning by saying Mr. A can rule; Mr. B cannot rule, according to the PDP convention rules and regulations and not according to the constitution. That created the climate of what is happening and manifesting in the country today.’’

The NSA stressed that although he knew that the PDP would not agree with him, but that would not stop him from making the point, adding that political positions have brought a situation today, whereby a particular party would say before an election that it must win 80 per cent in an area, and when that did not happen, people would resort to violence.

Azazi said from information available to him, it was clear that the on-going violence by an Islamic sect was also linked to the battle for 2015 adding that people should ask questions, as to how the said sect just suddenly become very well equipped.

According to him, “What we are experiencing today started several years ago but we did not realize it, but we have started to make sure that we take some fire-brigade approach to find the solution,” even as he further said that the security challenges had been politicised.
[/size][size=8pt][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by onatisi(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2012
another angle to azazzi comment is this?why and will make a top goverment and party official to make such statements?number 2 in this statement of azazzi he was indirectly removing gej from been imcompetent of handling the situation becos he is been attacked by more powerful forces.thridly why now is he attacking the zoning formulla which he has always been part of and also always benefited from?
in my own assumptions azazzi is playing out a gej second term card by trying to whip up sympathy fo
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Daymauler: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2012
Oga Azazzi, this is a very BOLD and DAMNING revelation. I hope you will not later say you were misquoted!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by onatisi(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
he is trying to whip up sympathy for gej and to make the zoning formula look like the cause of the whole issue.in order words anybody who wants to contest should be allowed to regardless of which part he is from.which means gej should.i think this is a trick to silence northern politician withing pdp who may want to use the zoning formular to discredit gej.the person will immidiately be labelled a boko haram member or supporter .this is just another angle.what do u think about this fellow nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Daymauler: 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2012
........... And all those who were bragging, shouting and blaming the whole BOKO HARAM thing on religion should now shift the bragging, shouting and abuses to PDP! At least one of them as confirmed it. Gbam!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by beafroast: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2012
if 2 sey na another political party dem finger, trust me,BEAF 4 don full ds thread dey trowey. Anyways sha,make una dey await d return of d BEAF!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by ckkris: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
Gen A Azazi is subtly calling for SNC, to seek constitutional solutions to the lingering problems of "poverty, religions, and those who think they're born to rule". Let's await the response of Mohammed Haruna, Nasr El-Rufai, Kawu, and other leading propagandist of the northern ruling class.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by yunafa(f): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2012
start confessing like little witches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Aussie(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2012
Most people here are always saying the Buhari is the brain behind the bombings eventhough most of them live under this harsh economy brought by the pdp govt. Buhari remains the messiah we need! I am a southerner, ACN supporter, and a xtian but i believe buhari is spotless. I, however see Azizi coming out to deny saying such.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by juman(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
When people were/are stealing money like there is no tomorrow, don't they knew/know what it will cause?

For every responsiblity there is a consequence.

Now people have been pushed to the wall and they are seeing the consequence of very bad and over selfish leadership.

For every action there is equal and opposite reaction ( newton third law).

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Kolababa: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
BUT SOME OF YOU HAD EARLIER POINTED ACCUSING FINGER AT BUHARI.
GO AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS.
I WONT SAY MORE THAN THIS.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Omexonomy: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
Shadowblaqq: These insurgents known as Boko Haram are the brain child of dissatisfied politicians who are hell bent on making Naija ungovernable for Goodluck Jonathan

my brother u are right even if this Northerner could not manage a small scale business they want 2 manage Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
Now lets see what Retardeen has to say about his party whom he claims he has allegiance to
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by nagoma(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
Dede1 is really hurt. It is most painful to see one of your gang leaders confess and burst open your little secret. But this is the first time Azazi has given an impartial security advice from the bottom of his heart and his love for the country. Others want to interpret it in their own way. a PDP official said Azazi was misquoted- the effort to gag him has already commenced and he will be sent back to the creeks in a matter of weeks - expect his sack. You can't tell the truth and remain with the criminals that PDP are.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by obongoboy: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
well said. pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp. so u know who does not want u to do ur job as security chief. It is so open Gej is the head of pdp. Don,t Be confused.. kill him.. boko haram will cease to exist. u people know who and who held us to ransom, u beating around bush and market places. i..d..i..o..t..s.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by kay1one(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
BokoHaram-BuHari-BH-SIMPLE!
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by 9to5365(m): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
jmaine: There is no need for the particular suspects on this thread to engage in a fool's dance . . . We all knew their upsurge was largely because the born to rule north . . . Couldnt hold on to power . . And to suggest that Jona is attacking his own government via bombings is plain silly . . .how daft could our conspiracy theory get to . . . .Azazi case presented is nothing special . . .a reason we have being labelling Buhari,IBB and Atiku as their sponsors . .Yes, Buhari is there cos he is still power hungry and his rightful loss also culminated into what we are experiencing

Daft and silly just about sums them up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hafsat Umar Hambaga Dies In Accident (Photos) / Amotekun: Femi Fani-kayode Slams Tinubu Over Statement / Aminu Oguche - Nyanya Bombing Suspect - Freed By Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.