Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,302 members, 7,940,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You (1092 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / Why Do Girls Not Wear Bras Anymore??? / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by niuboy: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2007
Why are naija girls nowadays not ready to struggle with you but are quick to attach themselves when you are well defined. Its like they would like to reap where they didn't sow. Especially here in the US, its like alot naija girls don't believe in we anymore but the zeros in your bank account. Just got out of a 6 years relationship, was almost engaged and success is near but as soon as a presumed richer and higher status guy came in the picture, all that was gone within just 3 weeks. Even when most of her needs where met. Whats so bad is I see it happen often these days. A man will only give ultimate respect to a woman that stuck it through with through the bad. Believe it or not. Whats going on, Naija girls please explain.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2007
dont generalize dear.niaja gals still sweat it out with guys.the other side of it is that sometimes after sticking with a guy tru thin and thick,when he makes it,he forgets the babe or better still wud want to settle the babe finanacially and marry someone else.so its a two way thing.naija boys and gals are good and bad too.its just about one meeting the right person !
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by niuboy: 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2007
So what do u make of this Just got out of a 6 years relationship, was almost engaged and success is near but as soon as a presumed richer and higher status guy came in the picture, all that was gone within just 3 weeks.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by iice(f): 3:12am On Nov 12, 2007
Pele!
But like ify said, not all naija women are like that
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by adconline(m): 4:54am On Nov 12, 2007
big difference between some Naija girls and Mexican women.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by domwas2(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2007
Wat matters is meeting the right person.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by yimiton(f): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2007
Hello. . . !
What are we talking about here, are Nigerian guys any better?
How many so called working class men will want to marry a lady who doesn't have a job?
Before a lady gets a job, she barely gets suitors who are ready to settle down, but once she has that nice job, there are like 10 guys on her case 'who are ready to settle down soonest'
Let the pot not call the kettle black, it's what the economic situation of the country has turned us all into.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by candies(f): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2007
I strongly agree with Yimiton!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by Busta(f): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2007
Lol, maes u wake up and wake harder as a man.

then again, not all naija women are like that.
unless of course, u didn't cut ur coat according to ur size.
Why is it that some men like to go materialistic women that they know they cannot afford?
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by londoner: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2007
Ofcourse their are some women who are not interested in struggling alongside a man, but there are plenty of Nigerian women who help to build a future with a man and stick together before they both make it.

How many couples meet while students and stay together until they finally marry and go into their career, many.

I must say, the culture of valuing a man based on his pocket/social status is one which you'll have to thank your male contemporaries for. This culture of being flashy, dashing money around sends a message that men who dont have the cash are less than men.

I think we need to reverse this culture, its sending out the wrong signals. Its the same with women who take a while to become pregnant, some Nigerian men will rather get another woman pregnant rather than work through the process together. Some other woman came along who can give him what he wants, he doesn't wait. Its a sad reality.

Thats how some Nigerians treat people they percieve to be unfruitful, throw them aside.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by iice(f): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2007
Tis why i always say cause and effect. . .guys think women all of a sudden developed this 'taste' for money and flash.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by omega25red(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ yimiton

Which man wants a woman who is not bringing anything to the table? of course when a woman gets a job she would get 10 guys trying to marry her because money recognise money.

@ poster
Hey don't worry about it love is tough dust your self off and look forward to a new day
if that chick has nothing to offer to the so called rich guy besides her body, she would be back knocking on your door soon enough. You should focus on your success and the next woman you get involved with should be someone who is willing to contribute to the situation and not a taker.
Time will heal your pain

P.S  Not all women all like this
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2007
niuboy:

Why are naija girls nowadays not ready to struggle with you but are quick to attach themselves when you are well defined. Its like they would like to reap where they didn't sow. Especially here in the US, its like alot naija girls don't believe in we anymore but the zeros in your bank account. Just got out of a 6 years relationship, was almost engaged and success is near but as soon as  a presumed richer and higher status guy came in the picture, all that was gone within just 3 weeks. Even when most of her needs where met. Whats so bad is I see it happen often these days. A man will only give ultimate respect to a woman that stuck it through with through the bad. Believe it or not. Whats going on, Naija girls please explain.
niuboy
i think you have been meeting bad naija gals
so far, i will say (from ones i have met) very supportive and patient
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by jkpretty(f): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ Poster
how about when they struggle with u & u leave them when u feel ur social status is way higher.
That's why i believe every lady should work hard & not look at the possibility of expecting. there's respect when u've got something doing.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by FactorChic(f): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
Why would a naija girl struggle with u, wey be say when money come, u go just look her like say she no exists? shio!
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by niuboy: 6:14am On Nov 14, 2007
U see me and her struggled through college and things are better now, jobs and everything but the future is still what u make it depending on what level u want to be. So I was working hard because of the struggles we've been through was still fresh on my mind and our future had to be set, but lost focus that time and attention meant everything to a woman. Don't get me wrong we did spent time together but hard to juggle between working hard(60 hrs/week), schooling and other things. In order words u can say I got the big picture but small things impresses a woman. This wasn't someone I was going to leave not even for beyonce(honestly). She meant everything to me. This was somebody I groomed to my own liking. it was like we were a step away from breakthrough and she quit on me. I'm doing better now. but was hard on me for a while. So thats my story
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by Nautillus(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2007
@Topic

I feel your pain brother, been there 2 u know. Thank God that you've weathered the worse part of the storm.
Still, i wouldnt advise you to generalize all Nija gals into that "one" group cos it aint true. Had that same view years back when i
was suffering pain 2 but you grow out of it eventually. U've had faith and trusted your totality to "a woman" b4, u will do it againtrust me. i know
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by Pain(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2007
Sorry Dear. She Will Reap Pain. Believe Me. You are A Big Boy. Consider this A Prophesy. U Are Great. She has no Portion in that Plan. Okay?
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by estrella(f): 11:54am On Nov 14, 2007
i know a lot of women who would be willing to struggle with their man.question is,how many men would be willing to stick with the girl when he makes it big?we all have fears and that of a lady going out with a man who hasn't made it yet is that when he does he will dump her like an old sack of potatoes? or treat her right all the way to the later and in the matrimonial home?.apart from that the issue isn't whether she will stand by u,it also has to do with if u are a man with potential.ma mum always says marry a man with potential even if he doesn't have the money.going out with a man who isn't really serious about moving on with his life can be trying.u don't expect a lady to hang around and twiddle her thumbs waiting for u to figure your life out, and to the ladies, its not right that money is a priority.nobody knows tommorrow,the tides of fortune can be very unpredictable.if ur man has what it takes,stand by him, no matter what,
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by uzoamy(f): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
my guy i will not advise any girl to strugle wit any guy.i was in a relationship 4 5yrs wen he made it wat he now tell his nemerous babes is tat am his sister.the fool came back after 2yrs of caling it quit tat he wants to marry me.meanwhile his money is finish and his babes hav all gone.he now came back to 'MISS EDURANCE' 4 ME TO GO AND STRUGGLE wit him again
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by 2dye4(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2007
welcome to the real world where there are so many short-cuts, very soon theres gonna one to heaven! but there are still good women out there who will go thru thick n thin with their man. wink
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by iice(f): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
Indeed 2dye4, indeed!
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by btayo1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ poster; yous hould be greatful to her; she did not leave u broke as you are not complaining that she spent all your money and left when the money was finished; her loss she didnt see the potential in you. Hey and dont generalise- there are good ones out there.
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by sammy6(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2007
Naija Girls are getting more and more horrible forgetting the fact that anything can happen tommorrow.Most of our mothers got married to our fathers when they didnt have anything.But today some of them are enjoying cuz they paid their dues.
My advice to naija gals is that they should keep looking for readymade men,One day monkey go mkt he no go come back
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by ssRhino: 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2007
There are still good nija babes that will go thru thick and thin with you.
Some of the ones that wont struggle with you, 50% of those are cos of we, the men, cos the babes will struggle with us, and when the result come out of it, we end up docking them and go for another babe, so why would the babes wanna struggle with the men now?
Re: Naija Girls Not Ready To Struggle With You by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2007
2dye4:

but there are still good women out there who will go through thick n thin with their man. wink
$$Rhino:

There are still good nija babes that will go through thick and thin with you.
Some of the ones that wont struggle with you, 50% of those are because of we, the men, because the babes will struggle with us, and when the result come out of it, we end up docking them and go for another babe, so why would the babes want to struggle with the men now?
@2dye4 & $$Rhino
these r 4u kiss kiss kiss
yours are words of real men.

dont go and disappoint me on other threads oh! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Girl Is Cheating On Me. / My Gf Is Demanding Too Much / Ladies: What Do U Mean By "not-so-smart" Kind Of Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.