Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,397 members, 7,891,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931866 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2012
jay92:
relax man, wait till u get ur 2nd nl and hv to wait for interview.dats wen u feel a day is like a thousand years.

Think Positive Man, Talk Positive.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2012
we need more interview experience for those who have went for theirs...... it really works.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
tinubaby: Hi everyone. A friend just introduced me to this forum. Seems like a truckload of information. couldnt believe all the pages. God bless yall. You rock. My interview isnt too far away and id just like to know if its necessary to take a copy of the dsp forms i filled since they would have the copy i sent to KCC. Also do i need to take my employment letter for my current job as well?

You are welcome Tinubaby,your employment letter is ok if you think you have a qualifying job, and what do you mean by "take a copy of dsp form"? you dont need to go with an extra copy of dsp if you have already sent one to kcc.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tzetzefly(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
gunners4u: @abosede, i went wit naira. 54,500 naira. Can some1 tell me wat is inside d envelope
Curiosity killed the cat....grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tzetzefly(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
g-busta:
open it nah, why are u asking?... all i just know is that as soon as u open it, u have closed ur way at the POE
gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
tinubaby: Hi everyone. A friend just introduced me to this forum. Seems like a truckload of information. couldnt believe all the pages. God bless yall. You rock. My interview isnt too far away and id just like to know if its necessary to take a copy of the dsp forms i filled since they would have the copy i sent to KCC. Also do i need to take my employment letter for my current job as well?
just go to d embassy with all d documents u have, so as to play safe. As for the dsp forms, just as bro gentiger and bro adesojie rightly said u dont need to take them to d embassy. All the best sis!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tzetzefly(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
gunners4u: Tanks 4 d info. I don go keep all my document for bank wit d visa.
Before curiosity go kill d cat.... cry
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
i salute every contributor to this forum God bless every one.those that have receive their visa and those that are waiting for their 2NL and Interview.God will do it in IJN (amen).i have a question i want to ask the house.a friend was among the Dv2013 winner but WAEC made a mistake in his Date of Birth on his Certificate.please what will the house advice him to do on this.should he go to the embassy with the certificate or just the internet print out with an unscratched Scratch card for online confirmation.less i forget he had good 5 o level subject on the certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
addsam: i salute every contributor to this forum God bless every one.those that have receive their visa and those that are waiting for their 2NL and Interview.God will do it in IJN (amen).i have a question i want to ask the house.a friend was among the Dv2013 winner but WAEC made a mistake in his Date of Birth on his Certificate.please what will the house advice him to do on this.should he go to the embassy with the certificate or just the internet print out with an unscratched Scratch card for online confirmation.less i forget he had good 5 o level subject on the certificate.

I once learnt on this forum that WAEC does rectify such errors if approached. This is not authoritative as I have no such experience with WAEC.

However, an affidavit could fix the error alternatively. Give it a shot.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Hello house, i have being following dis tred from the begining infact, i gain alot of things. Congrat to those who have done their interview successful! And for those who are still expecting thier interview days to come also wish them the best! Am one of dv2013 winners and my interview is 2nd wk in December Pls my Questions is dat if i did not have any one to stay with when i get to USA. What are my going to do? I mean what is next step 4 me? Because i put N/A there as i was directed from kcc office but still, i can't get any address. Pls any help? i need your respond?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
Adufesco: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Hello house, i have being following dis tred from the begining infact, i gain alot of things. Congrat to those who have done their interview successful! And for those who are still expecting thier interview days to come also wish them the best! Am one of dv2013 winners and my interview is 2nd wk in December Pls my Questions is dat if i did not have any one to stay with when i get to USA. What are my going to do? I mean what is next step 4 me? Because i put N/A there as i was directed from kcc office but still, i can't get any address. Pls any help? i need your respond?

You will delay the processing of your visa by so doing.YOU MUST PROVIDE A VALID US ADDRESS. If you got no one in the US, source around. Your friends could have. Without a VALID US address your green card can't be mailed to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
tzetzefly:
Before curiosity go kill d cat.... cry
why did u keep your documents in d bank? If we keep it @ home what is going to happen?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 4:02am On Nov 25, 2012
Gentiger:

You will delay the processing of your visa by so doing.YOU MUST PROVIDE A VALID US ADDRESS. If you got no one in the US, source around. Your friends could have. Without a VALID US address your green card can't be mailed to you.
Thanks my brother, i have been trying to contact some churches in maryland if they can accomodate me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:19am On Nov 25, 2012
Adufesco: Thanks my brother, i have been trying to contact some churches in maryland if they can accomodate me.

That's a hectic task. Why not rather contact your pastor here in Nigeria to help you speak with members with relatives in the US. That to me is wisdom. I doubt if your chosen method will fetch you any result due to Nigerians for what they're known for. So unfortunate some bad ones gave us bad image Internationally.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

You are welcome Tinubaby,your employment letter is ok if you think you have a qualifying job, and what do you mean by "take a copy of dsp form"? you dont need to go with an extra copy of dsp if you have already sent one to kcc.

Tinubaby doesn't need to tender the dsp again, but i advise that information therein should be well studied in preparation for interview because the CO will ask many questions from the information filled there as submitted to KCC.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2012
Pls house advice me on dis issue, i wrote connecticus in d dsp form i sent, by nw na dallas texas my host is living nw. Hope d wont affect
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tsammie: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2012
gunners4u: Pls house advice me on dis issue, i wrote connecticus in d dsp form i sent, by nw na dallas texas my host is living nw. Hope d wont affect
u can still update the address at the point of entry(POE) safe
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:25am On Nov 25, 2012
gunners4u: Pls house advice me on dis issue, i wrote connecticus in d dsp form i sent, by nw na dallas texas my host is living nw. Hope d wont affect
Gunners, You already got your visa. You can stay at connecticus till you get your GC and you can go anywhere in the state after that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:33am On Nov 25, 2012
loconzo00:

Tinubaby doesn't need to tender the dsp again, but i advise that information therein should be well studied in preparation for interview because the CO will ask many questions from the information filled there as submitted to KCC.

You are right, I remember I did that too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2012

Where connecticus dey?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2012
ferdimako:

Where connecticus dey?

Connecticut dey east side,like 3.5hrs drive to New york and and 1hr drive to Boston.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2012
Hey forumites, Hope we'll get more good news for those whose interviews scheduled this week, GOODLUCK TO ALL kiss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Good afternoon house.is it true that cost of living in NY is high?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
jbmohd: Good afternoon house.is it true that cost of living in NY is high?

Not just high but extremely high. It's the commercial capital city of US.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
jbmohd: Good afternoon house.is it true that cost of living in NY is high?
i have been to NY. and yes cost of living is high but your pay will also supliment for that. and i believe there are some few jobs u can start with cause most of the shops i go to i found some Nigerians for example in a best buy shop and AT&T shop. i also met two ghanaians in a hotel i was lodging in. i believe NY though the standard of living is high also has job opportunities. there is no discrimination

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
Point of correction. . .
Connecticut is rather on the east coast/side and not the west side. The west coast/side comprises California, Oregon, Washington State etc.

Thanks

/KSJ

adesojiaderemi@:

Connecticut dey west side,like 3.5hrs drive to New york and and 1hr drive to Boston.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
ksjlar: Point of correction. . .
Connecticut is rather on the east coast/side and not the west side. The west coast/side comprises California, Oregon, Washington State etc.

Thanks

/KSJ

Thanks ksjlar for the correction, it is east cost my mind on the west side.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bros adesoji, which state ar u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
gunners4u: Bros adesoji, which state ar u

Massachusetts State.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinubaby: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

You are right, I remember I did that too.

thanks to everyone that answered me. i will definately come back here with my success story and i pray that everyone else who is getting ready for interview will be successful in Jesus name. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
adzovia:
i have been to NY. and yes cost of living is high but your pay will also supliment for that. and i believe there are some few jobs u can start with cause most of the shops i go to i found some Nigerians for example in a best buy shop and AT&T shop. i also met two ghanaians in a hotel i was lodging in. i believe NY though the standard of living is high also has job opportunities. there is no discrimination

That is true,adzovia when is your flight? I learnt you are going to New jersy,hope not Sandy part?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That is true,adzovia when is your flight? I learnt you are going to New jersy,hope not Sandy part?
hahahaha. no not sandy part my flight is in January

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.