Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,046 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:09 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (945648 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
[quote author=jbmohd][/quote] Thanks bros, but i dont have any pic or letter showing dat i work dere and am not working in nbplc again, but one paint company now, which i dont have any letter 2 4rm there! But i will jst tell dem my present job! Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
seyesugar: Pls house i am nt clear abt the appointment letter we re to take to the interview is it d letter gotten frm work or frm kcc i await ur response tanks all

KCC sends Notification letter to winners, indicating when their interview is scheduled. But the letter will only be gotten just as the First Notification letter was received, through the DV website
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
Watch out for Visa Bulletin tomorrow (10001 - 25000)... Part 1. It's gonna be hot. Don't miss out.....lolzzz
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
I want to make everybody know i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ this thread that
That they are doing a great job and every time we DV 2014 applicants read your interview preparations
And interview success stories we wish we were
Like you,and everytime I see questions from
DV winners I always wish I could answer them sad
So keep your good work up here

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2012
pls house hw visa bulletin wil b tomorw bt i guess 10000 to 12000
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
ur expectation will not b cut short....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
@femo:
pls house hw visa bulletin wil b tomorw bt i guess 10000 to 12000
@femo u no b kcc.....increase dat ur numba small....men r not smilling by dis ur prediction...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2012
ok i pray from 10000 to 14000 or house hw do u feel hop u clear. tomorw i pray everybody wil smile in Jesus name. visa bulletin 14000
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
I hope monday doesn't pass by without Bulletin showing its beautiful face to us, grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

You are welcome

Thanks a lot bro... I don't knw what next to do- will they just mail my SSN and GC to this house- or do I need to do anything further?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
Spoondar:
Ibracadabra where in Minneapolis are you reporting from? i will be coming to Brooklyn Park, MN, i understand MINUTE is very cold how is the weather right now?

Yea you're right about d cold... We had 6 inches of snow this morning- but man; it's so beautiful here... I was in brooklyn park yesterday- my host was taken me around- and its a lovely neighbourhood... I stay in Moundsview- about 15 minutes drive from Brooklyn park... Anyway: its -2 degrees centigrade now- so do well to bring sweaters, thick socks and winter jackets... I'm told some people get their legs or hands amputated here in Minneapolis if left exposed for long periods.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Thanks a lot bro... I don't knw what next to do- will they just mail my SSN and GC to this house- or do I need to do anything further?

They will mail you a welcoming letter first, then your green card later within 3 weeks, I will advice you locate the Department of Homeland Security Administration office in your area and register for your Social security card.All you need is your Nigerian passport with the Visa page before your green card arrives,then find the Drivers's manual for your area and study it for the driver's permit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
peters ife: Ibracadabra pls we want u to know the cost of the flight u took and up to date analysis of ur experience right frm murital airport to ur final destination.

I took Royal Air Maroc from Lagos to New York. This flight cost me 139,000 Naira... I made a fatal mistake of changing ALL my naira into dollars as d Nigerian immigration and customs guys delayed me- because I didn't "settle" them. They promised to make sure I missed my flight- and I had to resort to begging them. But these guys are mean- I almost missed my flight and that experience unsettled me-... Anyway; that was d only heart dropping moment. D service on d plane was superb. Their tea, snacks and food made me ask myself "is this rily an economy ticket?"

We got to Cassablanca (Morocco) after 4 hours where we boarded another plane for JFK after staying in d airport for about 1hr 30 minutes. D cassablanca immigration guys were nice- no hassles, just searches and smiles and that was it... D flight took exactly 7hours 45mins and there we were in NEW YORK... We wnt through immigration authorities who took d forms we had filled on d plane to New York, took our finger prints and made us sign somewhere- d whole process took like 30 minutes and we were done... I took an air train (free of charge) to Terminal 7 where I connected with a flight going to Minneapolis via Charlotte... Anyway; that's d long and short of my trip... What else? Okay- in d form I filled; I indicated I brought food stuff and that led to extra delays for me- as they had to scan and rescan my stuff to make sure it was "safe"... Whew!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
loconzo00:

If candidates are asked to come back for 2nd and 3rd shots, its because they are important.
I made inquiries from a GP (doctor) in UK, he said its likely for Hepatitis B shots which are three and must be taken to complete the vaccine.
However, my question to @adesojiaderemi is that, for those who are not able to complete the shots before leaving Nigeria, what happens to the rest of the shots when they become US residents ?

Actually no body may ask you about your medicals until there is a need a for it,if you have kids going to school they will surely recommend hepatitis B or you show a prove they have taken the complete shot before they can be allow in the class.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ibracadabra:

I took Royal Air Maroc from Lagos to New York. This flight cost me 139,000 Naira... I made a fatal mistake of changing ALL my naira into dollars as d Nigerian immigration and customs guys delayed me- because I didn't "settle" them. They promised to make sure I missed my flight- and I had to resort to begging them. But these guys are mean- I almost missed my flight and that experience unsettled me-... Anyway; that was d only heart dropping moment. D service on d plane was superb. Their tea, snacks and food made me ask myself "is this rily an economy ticket?"

We got to Cassablanca (Morocco) after 4 hours where we boarded another plane for JFK after staying in d airport for about 1hr 30 minutes. D cassablanca immigration guys were nice- no hassles, just searches and smiles and that was it... D flight took exactly 7hours 45mins and there we were in NEW YORK... We wnt through immigration authorities who took d forms we had filled on d plane to New York, took our finger prints and made us sign somewhere- d whole process took like 30 minutes and we were done... I took an air train (free of charge) to Terminal 7 where I connected with a flight going to Minneapolis via Charlotte... Anyway; that's d long and short of my trip... What else? Okay- in d form I filled; I indicated I brought food stuff and that led to extra delays for me- as they had to scan and rescan my stuff to make sure it was "safe"... Whew!

I think the waiting time in Cassablanca is shorter, compared to Doha and Abu Dhabi.
Welcome to America bro!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:11am On Dec 10, 2012
@ Adesojiaderemi or any oda person in de houz who has WAEC as highest qualification wit successful interview, pls help me tru wit dis questions:
1>which area did de C.O base or focus in his/her questions in de WAEC?
2>what questions are my likely to encounter durin de interview with WAEC being my highest qualification?
3>i jst finishd my OND nd currently on my 2yrs I.T,but i dnt nid my OND 4 anytin regardin dis dv lottery .shuld i tel dem dat i attended polytechnic wen bein askd about my education background? Tanx alot
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2012
Ibracadabra:

i feel like just changing the hands of time so as to have my interview as soon as possible and migrate to d states. Have a wonderful stay in minneapolis, i am coming soon to join u, (destination;texas).
IT IS WELL!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:16am On Dec 10, 2012
nero xp: @ Adesojiaderemi or any oda person in de houz who has WAEC as highest qualification wit successful interview, pls help me tru wit dis questions:
1>which area did de C.O base or focus in his/her questions in de WAEC?
2>what questions are my likely to encounter durin de interview with WAEC being my highest qualification?
3>i jst finishd my OND nd currently on my 2yrs I.T,but i dnt nid my OND 4 anytin regardin dis dv lottery .shuld i tel dem dat i attended polytechnic wen bein askd about my education background? Tanx alot

Of course if they ask you, what are you doing presently you need to tell them the truth
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 12:18am On Dec 10, 2012
I want to really appreciate those who have taken it upon themselves to educate, advise and inform us on the various processes and steps involved with this DV lottery. I never believed before that I could be this confident and knowledgeable about this lottery processing without having to consult an agent. I'm eternally grateful for energy expended to enlighten us......My query this time is to know if it won't be too early for a selectee with CN of 14,000 to start international passport processing and NPC attestion even as it's not yet known when the CN will be current?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:29am On Dec 10, 2012
engyadewale: I want to really appreciate those who have taken it upon themselves to educate, advise and inform us on the various processes and steps involved with this DV lottery. I never believed before that I could be this confident and knowledgeable about this lottery processing without having to consult an agent. I'm eternally grateful for energy expended to enlighten us......My query this time is to know if it won't be too early for a selectee with CN of 14,000 to start international passport processing and NPC attestion even as it's not yet known when the CN will be current?

Sir, there is nothing bad in taking a step of faith by getting your Intl. passport and NPC attstn. ready you are challenging God into action by doing that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 12:35am On Dec 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Sir, there is nothing bad in taking a step of faith by getting your Intl. passport and NPC attstn. ready you are challenging God into action by doing that.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate all your contributions in this forum. May God Almighty continue to bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2012
engyadewale:
Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate all your contributions in this forum. May God Almighty continue to bless you.

Thank you sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:03am On Dec 10, 2012
Vote for temmytanny as the best poster of the year here https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year/1
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:33am On Dec 10, 2012
@all,those that have collected their visa and those awaiting to collect your visa(its yours IJN),be prepared to learn how to stand for hours(8hrs atleast).I noticed most jobs here esp entry jobs require standing.America believes sitting is down time and so they hardly provide chairs except if your job requires it.I used to be waka about person for naija grin grin cos of the nature of my job then and so that is helping me here bt still,i dey tire smal smal ooo.Aim for the best jobs but be prepared to for the worst.Most of my fellow workers scream whenever i tell the kind of job i do in naija.They asked why i decend so low to take my present job bt as naija boy now,waiting for that BIG job might affect alot of things esp when i have my family with me to feed.Moreover,getting a job reference here is very helpful and important.Its okay if you are single but if married,you have to be on the move so that you dont lack behind on bills and so.
America is sweet ooooo,its getting cold now and this will be test of time for many of us that are new here. Please go to that Lagos embassy and collect your visa and come and join in the journey to prosperity grin grin.
AWAITING YOU ALL,GOD BLESS

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 5:48am On Dec 10, 2012
Ibracadara thanks a lot i will travelling by february, i want to fianalise the traditional right of my wife before coming, thanks once again.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Actually no body may ask you about your medicals until there is a need a for it,if you have kids going to school they will surely recommend hepatitis B or you show a prove they have taken the complete shot before they can be allow in the class.

Thanks for your reply.
Are you in effect saying the remaining shots are to be taken in US ?
If so, whats the cost like if you know please?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:57am On Dec 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That's it brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 6:03am On Dec 10, 2012
Na wah o.
I've refreshed the visa bulletin page so much in expectation such that my mozilla firefox browser is angry with me. Lol.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:06am On Dec 10, 2012
loconzo00: Na wah o.
I've refreshed the visa bulletin page so much in expectation such that my mozilla firefox browser is angry with me. Lol.

A little bit of patience my brother. It will surely come up. Cheers!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 6:07am On Dec 10, 2012
temmytanny: @all,those that have collected their visa and those awaiting to collect your visa(its yours IJN),be prepared to learn how to stand for hours(8hrs atleast).I noticed most jobs here esp entry jobs require standing.America believes sitting is down time and so they hardly provide chairs except if your job requires it.I used to be waka about person for naija grin grin cos of the nature of my job then and so that is helping me here bt still,i dey tire smal smal ooo.Aim for the best jobs but be prepared to for the worst.Most of my fellow workers scream whenever i tell the kind of job i do in naija.They asked why i decend so low to take my present job bt as naija boy now,waiting for that BIG job might affect alot of things esp when i have my family with me to feed.Moreover,getting a job reference here is very helpful and important.Its okay if you are single but if married,you have to be on the move so that you dont lack behind on bills and so.
America is sweet ooooo,its getting cold now and this will be test of time for many of us that are new here. Please go to that Lagos embassy and collect your visa and come and join in the journey to prosperity grin grin.
AWAITING YOU ALL,GOD BLESS

Thanks for d heads-up bro... Standing no b wahala for mi too... I just wanna start working man; even tho I'm only 2 days old here... Sorry to drag u back on a few questions

1. Does one need both SSN and GC to start working; or just SSN?

2. Is a Driver's License necessary for work too?

3. How long did u have to wait till u got both your GC and SSN? And what processes did you embark on? In essence; what do u think ppl who r just 2 days old here should b doing at d moment?

Bless u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 10, 2012
loconzo00:

Thanks for your reply.
Are you in effect saying the remaining shots are to be taken in US ?
If so, whats the cost like if you know please?

So if the cost is higher there, why don't u do it complete here? Meanwhile my pal is at the Embassy now. He's being interviewed this morning! I wish him well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 6:14am On Dec 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

They will mail you a welcoming letter first, then your green card later within 3 weeks, I will advice you locate the Department of Homeland Security Administration office in your area and register for your Social security card.All you need is your Nigerian passport with the Visa page before your green card arrives,then find the Drivers's manual for your area and study it for the driver's permit.

I'm just seeing this- thanks a lot for these info. It must have been my phone network; I shouldn't have pestered this house with further questions when they had already been answered- but just going thru this thread, I saw this response. So- many Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.