Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,650 members, 7,951,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941111 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
tok8: We just want to thank God and Nairalanders for the versatile information from the forum. My wife and I had a successful interview today. My wife is d main applicant. We’ve bin prayn for that black American Lady @window 13 but it was a white American lady that did d interview 4us @window 16 and she has already denied 2 families and asked anoda family to come back. Our interview lasted for 20mint and it goes thus:
Me&wife: Good morning
Co: Morning and gave us our forms to sign
Co: both of u should do finger print
Me&wife: we did
Co: ask me to go and sit while she attends to my wife.
Co: pls can u swear
Wife:she did
Co: your highest educatn
Wife: Bsc
Co: your last semester courses
Wife: did
Co: can u talk about d courses
Wife:she did in details
Co: talk about ur final year project
Co: relationship btw ur course and project topic
Co: where do u work?
Co: your job description ,function and relationship btw ur course & ur work?
Co: are u married, when did u marry, where &how did u meet ur hubby
Co: where did u serve, where did ur hubby served, ur hubby occupation
Co: she collected d wedn foto book and asked questions about d pple in d pic and asked 4d venue?
Co: congrats…..pick up ur visa nxt week.
The co didn’t call me at all… I only went to meet her may be I can pick up d visa for both of us. Indeed its God’s favour. She even asked my wife if our parents have been communicating b4 wedn. Im so proud of my wife becos she lectured the co on her course . pls be bold and read well and above all be prayerful. Thank u all

Your wife must be pretty smart! congrats firstly for a good wife then for the visa. lol

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
vijay82: Thanks so much for all the advice i receive from this forum..I had my interview last week with suceess..

Congrats bro!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
kinzzo112: Yestarday was our interview, God favoured my wife and I. Our appointment time was 7am, by 5.30am, we were already at the Gate, waiting. Before 6.30am it fill up to its capacity. Exactly 6.30am we were called to line up(immigrant and non-immigrant). we went through all the normal security checks. We Got there pick our tag number(B......) we sat for few minutes, our names were called for documents submission. we went to window 17, a black lady there told us to go ahead and make payment before she could collect those documents. we made the payment(660 dols). And we went back to her again. that was were God started His work! after the documents were submitted(including our marriage certificate) she told us to bring our passport photographs, after looking at my wife's own, said she is not comfortable with what she used in hair, that if we had any other passport with us, which we said no, that passport was rejected, look at how the woman was looking everywhere for us search for another replacement, at last she has to remove the ones KCC sent to the embassy and used it for us. we were asked to sit that our number will called again. Mind you before we left home, we had prayed for us to be interviewed by the black lady at window 13 cos we have read about the way she favoured people. our eyes was in her window, we saw her approving two visas to different people, So here God did another Wonder! when she was done, she called another number B...., she waited for several minutes for this person to come up for interview, the particular person never showed up, she had to drop the forms and details, she went to pick another form, behold, it was our number she called, we smiled to each we stood-up to meet her. The interview was just within 10 minutes, no long thing!
took our finger print, take the oath and it went this way:
CO: You were the winner:
mywife: yes
CO:How low long have you been playing DV?
CO: Who played it for you
CO: How long have you been married?
CO:what do you do?
mywife: i teach and also a student
CO: how do cope with both:
mywife: am partime student, i only go to school weekends
CO: OOK, I C.
CO: which of the marriage you people did
mywife: court registry and it was celebrated in the church
CO: you have any pictures from the wedding:
mywife: gave her all the pictures( during the bride prize payment, the ones during dating, and the wedding)
I noticed she was looking for some particular pictures, immediately she saw them, she stopped and gave us back all the pictures, i noticed her typing into her system.
The only question i was asked:
CO: What do you do?
me: A network engineer.
CO: ok, you also work and go to school?
me: yes
she typed again
CO: congratulations yous visa has been approved!
she brought out a paper, circle an address told us to collect visas in a later date.

My people na so i see am reach!

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR US!

congrats to u nd ur wife. HE said in HIS word 'be still and know that i'm GOD'.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
imraneth: Tomorrow is my interview day... 12/12/12..
try 2 recheck al ur document,photocopies seperated from originals,jst make sure al ar intact and leave the rest 2 GOD.i beleiv visa is urs already jst go there and claim it.GLORY!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
seven!!:
GLORY BE TO OUR GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND MERCIES ENDURES FOREVER. AMEN. Good afternoon house. I've been reading this thread for some time and i must say it has really helped my wife and I a lot. My wife and I just had a successful interview at the US embassy in Ghana and will like to share my experience with the house.

We got to the embassy around 7am went through the security checks and went straight to the visa section. There were a lot of would be immigrant waiting to be called for interview. After an hour we called to pay the visa fee and were asked to sit and wait again. My guys we sat there for almost 2 hours before we were called again to present our documents.
Please house I advice u present only the required documents. And for couples don't forget your foto albums.

We waited for another hour and we were finally called to windows 8.

CO : Good morning
ME : Good morning Sir grin grin grin grin(remember to smile well well)
CO : Put your right index finger on some machine and asked my wife to do same.
CO : Do u sear to tell the truth so help u God ?
ME : Yes I do.
CO : Do you have any relatives in America ?
ME : No but my wife's aunty is there
CO : When did u meet your wife ?
ME : 1st October 2009.
At this point the CO stepped aside and started arranging our documents followed by endless typing.
He then stretched his hands and gave us the blue visa collection and told us to come back on Friday morning for our visas. I then asked if i can come alone to collect the visas.

Guys that was it just 2 questions. This miracle is just too much for me. BABA GOD DO AM AGAIN OOOOOOOOOO. HELP ME TO SAY THANK U TO JEHOVAH GOD FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE THAN FOR MY WIFE AND I.

TO THOSE YET TO GO FOR THEIR INTERVIEW REMEMBER TO PRAY BEFORE U GO. AND ITS WELL. SEE U IN AMERICA SOON.
congrats to u nd ur wife!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Congrats to seven and kinzo112
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Congratulations ooo....
seven!!:
GLORY BE TO OUR GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND MERCIES ENDURES FOREVER. AMEN. Good afternoon house. I've been reading this thread for some time and i must say it has really helped my wife and I a lot. My wife and I just had a successful interview at the US embassy in Ghana and will like to share my experience with the house.

We got to the embassy around 7am went through the security checks and went straight to the visa section. There were a lot of would be immigrant waiting to be called for interview. After an hour we called to pay the visa fee and were asked to sit and wait again. My guys we sat there for almost 2 hours before we were called again to present our documents.
Please house I advice u present only the required documents. And for couples don't forget your foto albums.

At this point the CO stepped aside and started arranging our documents followed by endless typing.
He then stretched his hands and gave us the blue visa collection and told us to come back on Friday morning for our visas. I then asked if i can come alone to collect the visas.

Guys that was it just 2 questions. This miracle is just too much for me. BABA GOD DO AM AGAIN OOOOOOOOOO. HELP ME TO SAY THANK U TO JEHOVAH GOD FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE THAN FOR MY WIFE AND I.

TO THOSE YET TO GO FOR THEIR INTERVIEW REMEMBER TO PRAY BEFORE U GO. AND ITS WELL. SEE U IN AMERICA SOON.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hope a laminated certificate will not invite or generate problems? Any experience so far?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Congrats to seven and kinzo112 !!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
imraneth: Tomorrow is my interview day... 12/12/12...

Congratulations, your VISA is approved.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by godcherisher: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
I have no number to back it up but I noticed that women were particularly favoured in this dv2013. For most of the married couple including myself, the wife happens to be the principal winner. What's your thought?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by anelka73: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
hello Gentiger, iam also from Ghana. can u pls call me on 0268707844.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
anelka73: hello Gentiger, iam also from Ghana. can u pls call me on 0268707844.
Gentiger is from nigeria i guess
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
kinzzo112: Yestarday was our interview, God favoured my wife and I. Our appointment time was 7am, by 5.30am, we were already at the Gate, waiting. Before 6.30am it fill up to its capacity. Exactly 6.30am we were called to line up(immigrant and non-immigrant). we went through all the normal security checks. We Got there pick our tag number(B......) we sat for few minutes, our names were called for documents submission. we went to window 17, a black lady there told us to go ahead and make payment before she could collect those documents. we made the payment(660 dols). And we went back to her again. that was were God started His work! after the documents were submitted(including our marriage certificate) she told us to bring our passport photographs, after looking at my wife's own, said she is not comfortable with what she used in hair, that if we had any other passport with us, which we said no, that passport was rejected, look at how the woman was looking everywhere for us search for another replacement, at last she has to remove the ones KCC sent to the embassy and used it for us. we were asked to sit that our number will called again. Mind you before we left home, we had prayed for us to be interviewed by the black lady at window 13 cos we have read about the way she favoured people. our eyes was in her window, we saw her approving two visas to different people, So here God did another Wonder! when she was done, she called another number B...., she waited for several minutes for this person to come up for interview, the particular person never showed up, she had to drop the forms and details, she went to pick another form, behold, it was our number she called, we smiled to each we stood-up to meet her. The interview was just within 10 minutes, no long thing!
mywife: gave her all the pictures( during the bride prize payment, the ones during dating, and the wedding)
I noticed she was looking for some particular pictures, immediately she saw them, she stopped and gave us back all the pictures, i noticed her typing into her system.
she typed again
she brought out a paper, circle an address told us to collect visas in a later date.

congrats to u n ur wife!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
go on an get ur visa... The visa is urs already
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
seven!!:

Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
she typed again

Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
iamxpinoza: Hope a laminated certificate will not invite or generate problems? Any experience so far?
it will nt, just tell d CO that u did that to protect the result nt geting turn...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2012

Go get your visa.. T's already done deal
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
Godhelpmeooo: Gentiger is from nigeria i guess

Yeske! Him be Omo nna gringringrin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by goldenfish4u: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
He done happen again oooo, JANUARY BULLETIN
Except: Egypt 13,000
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11,000

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5834.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
those going tomorw to face consuler officer surely u wil b favoured in d name of Jesus Christ nd u wil com bak wit smile face go nd collect your visa bekos it has been written nd destined.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Rolling138: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
As the guy doing the door shift, I just opened the door for the much awaited "January Bulletin"
Not as we expected; NIGERIA : 11000
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gulfkid: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Just to add to the good news in the house and to Praise God for His goodness and mercies. My wife and I had our interview on the 13th of Nov. My wife is the Principal Applicant.
After all the security checks and we entered the embassy hall, we made our payment for 3 of us ($330 each) and sat down to be called. We where called to submit our documents which we did. The Nigerian lady collecting the documents noticed an affidavit attached to my wife's passport and asked her to remove it.

Meanwhile, let me explain more about the affidavit. My wife is a dual citizen of Nigeria and Britain. last year when he was going to have our son in London, she applied and got a Nigerian passport. She noticed there was a mistake on her place of birth and brought it to the attention of the immigration officer that handled it and she was advised to do an affidavit which she did and was able to travel back from UK with that passport as she traveled out with her British passport.

So back to the interview, we were called after sometime by one other Nigerian young man who immediately started saying that our application cannot scale through cause of that mistake. we tried to explain to him about the affidavit but he said "This is Nigeria, anybody can go and get affidavit from anywhere". Then God sent an Angel in another Nigerian woman who listened to our explanations. Thankfully we had my wife's British Passport. They collected it and asked us to go and sit down. At this point I was just praying for God's intervention.
After about 15 mins they returned her British passport and asked us to sit and wait for our interview.
After about 10-15 mins, our number was called and a white Lady was there to attend to us.
CO: Congratulations for the DV Lottery
We: Thank You
CO: Raise ur write hand. Do you swear to speak nothing but the truth?
We: Yes
CO: Your Finger prints
We: we did
CO: (To my wife) Tell me about your education qualifications
Wife: ......
CO: Where do you wor?
Wife: .....
CO: Where were you born? (At this point she broke into laughter same time with my wife)
Wife: Told her Scotland and tried explaining the whole mix up
CO: Congratulations your Visa has been approved however, we will not be able to issue it on this passport because of the mistake.
She now typed a letter and gave us that states that my wife should return with a corrected passport at a latter date which will be agreed after we send a mail to the email she gave us requesting for an appointment.

My people, you wont believe the passport re-issue never came out until after 3 weeks plus and we spent 60k.
Anyway to the glory of God. Our passports were collected yesterday and the CO gave a letter for collection on Monday 17th.
It was not an easy period but God was faithful.
Pls if you have same or similar issue with your passport, pls sort it out b4 ur interview. It could have been worse but for God.
Sorry for the long story. I feel someone may just learn a thing or two from it.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by legnahcra(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sorry house just want to ask this 2 quick question.
1) Do they deny u visa at the embassy based on medical report. In case let's say someone has a heart problem(from birth).
2) Waec made a mistake on my waec certificate in the name of school, they put internatinal instead of international. Will this affect visa at interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=goldenfish4u]He done happen again oooo, JANUARY BULLETIN
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11.000
the january bulletin no make sense! Just only add 1,000
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
gulfkid: Just to add to the good news in the house and to Praise God for His goodness and mercies. My wife and I had our interview on the 13th of Nov. My wife is the Principal Applicant.
After all the security checks and we entered the embassy hall, we made our payment for 3 of us ($330 each) and sat down to be called. We where called to submit our documents which we did. The Nigerian lady collecting the documents noticed an affidavit attached to my wife's passport and asked her to remove it.

Meanwhile, let me explain more about the affidavit. My wife is a dual citizen of Nigeria and Britain. last year when he was going to have our son in London, she applied and got a Nigerian passport. She noticed there was a mistake on her place of birth and brought it to the attention of the immigration officer that handled it and she was advised to do an affidavit which she did and was able to travel back from UK with that passport as she traveled out with her British passport.

So back to the interview, we were called after sometime by one other Nigerian young man who immediately started saying that our application cannot scale through cause of that mistake. we tried to explain to him about the affidavit but he said "This is Nigeria, anybody can go and get affidavit from anywhere". Then God sent an Angel in another Nigerian woman who listened to our explanations. Thankfully we had my wife's British Passport. They collected it and asked us to go and sit down. At this point I was just praying for God's intervention.
After about 15 mins they returned her British passport and asked us to sit and wait for our interview.
After about 10-15 mins, our number was called and a white Lady was there to attend to us.
CO: Where were you born? (At this point she broke into laughter same time with my wife)
CO: Congratulations your Visa has been approved however, we will not be able to issue it on this passport because of the mistake.
She now typed a letter and gave us that states that my wife should return with a corrected passport at a latter date which will be agreed after we send a mail to the email she gave us requesting for an appointment.

My people, you wont believe the passport re-issue never came out until after 3 weeks plus and we spent 60k.
Anyway to the glory of God. Our passports were collected yesterday and the CO gave a letter for collection on Monday 17th.
Pls if you have same or similar issue with your passport, pls sort it out b4 ur interview. It could have been worse but for God.

Indeed, God is forever faithful.
Congratulations to you and your wife.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=goldenfish4u]He done happen again oooo, JANUARY BULLETIN
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11,000

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5834.html[/quote pls doest dat mean dose wit 11000plus ar nt curent yet
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
wetin dey happen to naija na only 11,000. it is well fellow nairalanders.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
imagine 11000 haaaaaaaaa why Nigeria pls house contribute plsss abi all usa dey sleep plsss contribute
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
anelka73: hello Gentiger, iam also from Ghana. can u pls call me on 0268707844.

That will cost a ton. Calls to Western coasts from Nigeria is expensive. I will speak to you tomorrow. Just 3 mins maximum to spill it all out. Afterwards, we can hook up on Skype or any of the chat rooms. Here's my email just in case: Seagategroup@gmail.com.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
gulfkid: Just to add to the good news in the house and to Praise God for His goodness and mercies. My wife and I had our interview on the 13th of Nov. My wife is the Principal Applicant.

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: Winnie56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.