Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,674 members, 7,951,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941134 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
ferdimako:

My pal got his too.

No much talk script:

CO:What do u do?

Him:Pastoring

CO:Which Church?

Him:He answered.

CO:How much do u earn?

HIM:Not much, it is all missionary

Co:So what do u plan to do in the US?

HIM:Pastoring, Ministering and furthering education.

CO:Go Friday or Monday for ur visa.

Na so e be for him oh!

Congrats to him!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
imraneth: ALHAMDULILAH!!! WE GOT THE VISA... . I WILL POST MY INTERVIEW SHORTLY ....

Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
seven!!:
GLORY BE TO OUR GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND MERCIES ENDURES FOREVER. AMEN. Good afternoon house. I've been reading this thread for some time and i must say it has really helped my wife and I a lot. My wife and I just had a successful interview at the US embassy in Ghana and will like to share my experience with the house.

We got to the embassy around 7am went through the security checks and went straight to the visa section. There were a lot of would be immigrant waiting to be called for interview. After an hour we called to pay the visa fee and were asked to sit and wait again. My guys we sat there for almost 2 hours before we were called again to present our documents.
Please house I advice u present only the required documents. And for couples don't forget your foto albums.

We waited for another hour and we were finally called to windows 8.

CO : Good morning
ME : Good morning Sir grin grin grin grin(remember to smile well well)
CO : Put your right index finger on some machine and asked my wife to do same.
CO : Do u sear to tell the truth so help u God ?
ME : Yes I do.
CO : Do you have any relatives in America ?
ME : No but my wife's aunty is there
CO : When did u meet your wife ?
ME : 1st October 2009.
At this point the CO stepped aside and started arranging our documents followed by endless typing.
He then stretched his hands and gave us the blue visa collection and told us to come back on Friday morning for our visas. I then asked if i can come alone to collect the visas.

Guys that was it just 2 questions. This miracle is just too much for me. BABA GOD DO AM AGAIN OOOOOOOOOO. HELP ME TO SAY THANK U TO JEHOVAH GOD FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE THAN FOR MY WIFE AND I.

TO THOSE YET TO GO FOR THEIR INTERVIEW REMEMBER TO PRAY BEFORE U GO. AND ITS WELL. SEE U IN AMERICA SOON.

No doubt! Congrats sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
kinzzo112: Yestarday was our interview, God favoured my wife and I. Our appointment time was 7am, by 5.30am, we were already at the Gate, waiting. Before 6.30am it fill up to its capacity. Exactly 6.30am we were called to line up(immigrant and non-immigrant). we went through all the normal security checks. We Got there pick our tag number(B......) we sat for few minutes, our names were called for documents submission. we went to window 17, a black lady there told us to go ahead and make payment before she could collect those documents. we made the payment(660 dols). And we went back to her again. that was were God started His work! after the documents were submitted(including our marriage certificate) she told us to bring our passport photographs, after looking at my wife's own, said she is not comfortable with what she used in hair, that if we had any other passport with us, which we said no, that passport was rejected, look at how the woman was looking everywhere for us search for another replacement, at last she has to remove the ones KCC sent to the embassy and used it for us. we were asked to sit that our number will called again. Mind you before we left home, we had prayed for us to be interviewed by the black lady at window 13 cos we have read about the way she favoured people. our eyes was in her window, we saw her approving two visas to different people, So here God did another Wonder! when she was done, she called another number B...., she waited for several minutes for this person to come up for interview, the particular person never showed up, she had to drop the forms and details, she went to pick another form, behold, it was our number she called, we smiled to each we stood-up to meet her. The interview was just within 10 minutes, no long thing!
took our finger print, take the oath and it went this way:
CO: You were the winner:
mywife: yes
CO:How low long have you been playing DV?
CO: Who played it for you
CO: How long have you been married?
CO:what do you do?
mywife: i teach and also a student
CO: how do cope with both:
mywife: am partime student, i only go to school weekends
CO: OOK, I C.
CO: which of the marriage you people did
mywife: court registry and it was celebrated in the church
CO: you have any pictures from the wedding:
mywife: gave her all the pictures( during the bride prize payment, the ones during dating, and the wedding)
I noticed she was looking for some particular pictures, immediately she saw them, she stopped and gave us back all the pictures, i noticed her typing into her system.
The only question i was asked:
CO: What do you do?
me: A network engineer.
CO: ok, you also work and go to school?
me: yes
she typed again
CO: congratulations yous visa has been approved!
she brought out a paper, circle an address told us to collect visas in a later date.

My people na so i see am reach!

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR US!

Congrats!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
gulfkid: Just to add to the good news in the house and to Praise God for His goodness and mercies. My wife and I had our interview on the 13th of Nov. My wife is the Principal Applicant.
After all the security checks and we entered the embassy hall, we made our payment for 3 of us ($330 each) and sat down to be called. We where called to submit our documents which we did. The Nigerian lady collecting the documents noticed an affidavit attached to my wife's passport and asked her to remove it.

Meanwhile, let me explain more about the affidavit. My wife is a dual citizen of Nigeria and Britain. last year when he was going to have our son in London, she applied and got a Nigerian passport. She noticed there was a mistake on her place of birth and brought it to the attention of the immigration officer that handled it and she was advised to do an affidavit which she did and was able to travel back from UK with that passport as she traveled out with her British passport.

So back to the interview, we were called after sometime by one other Nigerian young man who immediately started saying that our application cannot scale through cause of that mistake. we tried to explain to him about the affidavit but he said "This is Nigeria, anybody can go and get affidavit from anywhere". Then God sent an Angel in another Nigerian woman who listened to our explanations. Thankfully we had my wife's British Passport. They collected it and asked us to go and sit down. At this point I was just praying for God's intervention.
After about 15 mins they returned her British passport and asked us to sit and wait for our interview.
After about 10-15 mins, our number was called and a white Lady was there to attend to us.
CO: Congratulations for the DV Lottery
We: Thank You
CO: Raise ur write hand. Do you swear to speak nothing but the truth?
We: Yes
CO: Your Finger prints
We: we did
CO: (To my wife) Tell me about your education qualifications
Wife: ......
CO: Where do you wor?
Wife: .....
CO: Where were you born? (At this point she broke into laughter same time with my wife)
Wife: Told her Scotland and tried explaining the whole mix up
CO: Congratulations your Visa has been approved however, we will not be able to issue it on this passport because of the mistake.
She now typed a letter and gave us that states that my wife should return with a corrected passport at a latter date which will be agreed after we send a mail to the email she gave us requesting for an appointment.

My people, you wont believe the passport re-issue never came out until after 3 weeks plus and we spent 60k.
Anyway to the glory of God. Our passports were collected yesterday and the CO gave a letter for collection on Monday 17th.
It was not an easy period but God was faithful.
Pls if you have same or similar issue with your passport, pls sort it out b4 ur interview. It could have been worse but for God.
Sorry for the long story. I feel someone may just learn a thing or two from it.

Congrats!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hello my people in the house! Pls i want u to help me with dis issue (1) In my Birth certif. There was a mistake on the spelling of my name instead of Adufe they wrote Adunfe hope dis is not a problem? (2) For my police report, there is a mistake on my passport Number Instead of A0436100 they wrote A0243610 pls what are my goin to do now? Help me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: Hello my people in the house! Pls i want u to help me with dis issue (1) In my Birth certif. There was a mistake on the spelling of my name instead of Adufe they wrote Adunfe hope dis is not a problem? (2) For my police report, there is a mistake on my passport Number Instead of A0436100 they wrote A0243610 pls what are my goin to do now? Help me

Although am a dv 14 applicant,but the best things for u is to do another one for correction,affidavit wont save u @ all,according to the xperience of a winner.it wouldnt cost u N10000,and it's worth it than be denied a visa on this flimsy error.......shalom
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: Hello my people in the house! Pls i want u to help me with dis issue (1) In my Birth certif. There was a mistake on the spelling of my name instead of Adufe they wrote Adunfe hope dis is not a problem? (2) For my police report, there is a mistake on my passport Number Instead of A0436100 they wrote A0243610 pls what are my goin to do now? Help me
no prob dey made dt mistake on my wife police report too & visa grantd
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
I Hate 9ja:

Although am a dv 14 applicant,but the best things for u is to do another one for correction,affidavit wont save u @ all,according to the xperience of a winner.it wouldnt cost u N10000,and it's worth it than be denied a visa on this flimsy error.......shalom

Adufe or Adunfe is neither a threat, what you should deal with is FEAR,you are not expected to be gurumraji,the perfect leaving master.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Adufe or Adunfe is neither a threat, what you should deal with is FEAR,you are not expected to be gurumraji,the perfect leaving master.
lol......hahahahaha....funny boss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
Pls houz,as my case nø is 10+ nd wit de new bulletin being released,doz dat mean am current? If yes,wen shuld my 2NL arrive? Pls am jst confusd @ dis point because i only saw 11000 under Advanced Notification for DV wich is 4 febuary.pls houz help me undastnd de bulletin plsssss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
hello u re vry current i believe ur question hs bn answerd in page 293 i ll advice u read tru dt page. all d best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
@nero xp ,u re vry current i believe ur question hs bn answerd in page 293 i ll advice u read tru dt page. all d best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
nero xp: Pls houz,as my case nø is 10+ nd wit de new bulletin being released,doz dat mean am current? If yes,wen shuld my 2NL arrive? Pls am jst confusd @ dis point because i only saw 11000 under Advanced Notification for DV wich is 4 febuary.pls houz help me undastnd de bulletin plsssss

11000 for february means 11000 and below. your Cn is 10+ so that means you are below 11000 and also means you are current and your interview should fall in february. You should recev ur 2nl about 6 or 8 weeks before your interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by earthgreeners(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
If you are yet to Vote please kindly do so via this link;

https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year

we need more vote for temmytanny to become the poster of the year
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
GOOD DAY HOUSE,I WAS NOT ONLINE SINCE YESTERDAY DUE TO NETWORK PROB.NAIRALAND HAS BECOME PART OF MY DAY,THIS MADE ME TO FEEL UNCONFORTABLE FOR NOT BEEN ONLINE,I NEEDED TO USE ANOTHER PUTER INORDER TO WRITE THIS.CONGRAT TO THOSE THAT HAD SUCCESFULL INTERVIEW TODAY,MAY THE GOOD GOD LEAD YOUR WAYS IN JESUS NAME AND WE WILL ALL COME BACK HERE TO TESTIFY TO HIS WONDERFUL WORKS IN JESUS NAME (AMEN)THANK GOD FOR THE NEW BULLETIN COS AM CURRENT NOW AND I PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT THAT GOD WILL REMEMBER THEM FOR GOOD WE WILL ALL SHOUT FOR JOY AT THE END(AMEN)

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
@imraneth, congrat. Alhamudulah robbilialamin. Pls can i hav ur phone number?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
why all these problems at this late hour when ur interview is near? please,rush and get NPC certificate and also go back to alagbon and get the mistake corrected.All these wont cost u more than 5k
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
honeydee:

11000 for february means 11000 and below. your Cn is 10+ so that means you are below 11000 and also means you are current and your interview should fall in february. You should recev ur 2nl about 6 or 8 weeks before your interview.
I just pray they settle the backlog cos i know how people with high case number would be feeling now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
temmytanny: I just pray they settle the backlog cos i know how people with high case number would be feeling now.
yes oo temmy,its not easy to be on waiting
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Congrate to all those that had a successful interview to day, does it mean we are not getting report from selectees that did their interview in american embassy in abuja. Pls abuja wake up.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
no prob dey made dt mistake on my wife police report too & visa grantd
Thanks bros, Are u talking about mispelling or passport number? So what did u advice me to do? I should leave it like dat or i should do affidafit pls reply me?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks bros, so what did u advice me to do? I should leave it like dat or i should do affidafit pls reply me?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: Thanks bros, so what did u advice me to do? I should leave it like dat or i should do affidafit pls reply me?
I will advice you to get an NPC cert if possible,same with the police report.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: Thanks bros, so what did u advice me to do? I should leave it like dat or i should do affidafit pls reply me?

Adufesco, do affidavit to correct the mistakes,and if they dont ask you, you dont need to be too forward, my wife had same issue on his WAEC cert, they never ask her anything about it, but to satisfy your urge do affidavit.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
temmytanny: why all these problems at this late hour when ur interview is near? please,rush and get NPC certificate and also go back to alagbon and get the mistake corrected.All these wont cost u more than 5k
thanks bros, but is it neccessary to go back to all those places? I did my Npc birth certificate @ ondo state not here, and dat police report was done by my uncle on my behalf pls what is d implication of all dis? Pls reply?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: thanks bros, but is it neccessary to go back to all those places? I did my Npc birth certificate @ ondo state not here, and dat police report was done by my uncle on my behalf pls what is d implication of all dis? Pls reply?
Just feel its beta to correct it cos embassy could be funny attimes,they could over look it and they maynt.I always want people to go to embassy without fear or issues.Get affidavit for the birth certifcate but i can say anything about the police report
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
temmytanny: I will advice you to get an NPC cert if possible,same with the police report.
Another one again? Pls dat would not possible cos friday is my interview! Pls another suggestions?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
temmytanny: Just feel its beta to correct it cos embassy could be funny attimes,they could over look it and they maynt.I always want people to go to embassy without fear or issues.Get affidavit for the birth certifcate but i can say anything about the police report

Temmytanny I still have the photocopy of my police report,just a typographical mistake will never over ride Your Full Name,passport photograph,Date of Birth and finger print, affidavit will do better, this is not time to run up and down like a pendulum.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gulfkid: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Adufesco: thanks bros, but is it neccessary to go back to all those places? I did my Npc birth certificate @ ondo state not here, and dat police report was done by my uncle on my behalf pls what is d implication of all dis? Pls reply?

If you read my interview experience, you will quickly go and correct them. It's a matter of luck. They may pick on it or overlook it or don't even notice it at all. In all, the decision is yours to make.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gulfkid: 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
Temmytanny@ , adesojiaderemi@ and Others that are already in US, I noticed they did not ask us about our X-ray at the embassy. at what point would it be required? do we need to carry it along while traveling?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
@ adufesco pls dont risk this chance,we weh be say we dey beg God giv us this same opportunity u av @ ur disposal......it wont cost u morethan N10000,get to alagbon pay ur cash,then try and make ur move to a local govt/state/npc get dia birth cert.its a matter of hourz explain issues with them,show them the ones that had errors,they too are humans,the worst they can do is to change u xtra change on top of the normal cost,then enroute alagbon back for collection........my thought though.....wish u all the best.....@ dis stage dont risk anything,them plenty for ur back wey dey wait for thier turn, 50000 visas reduces day by day

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.