Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,879 members, 7,922,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:45 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937064 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Yes i have collected my visa nd i live in iju.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
pls house 11000 is too small 4 dis visa bulletin well am 1185* i pray next month bulletin should increase am waiting
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Leripa ur observation is very correct. Am new but I have been following the thread with keen and avid interest.The input from the Gurus of nairaland has been enormous and informative. God will bless u all. Am current for february and with God's favour on our side we shall surely make it. For those waiting to be current God's good works in our life shall surely be permanent. God that started the process will surely complete it in our favour IJN. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pls house i want to resign my appointment wit the company i work wit in order to proceed wit my travelling to america, but my conscience won,t allow me drop my resignation cos my boss is such a nice person, pls house advice me on how to tender my resignation so that it does not hurt d feelings of my boss.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
@peter ife, i read dat d chest x-ray result is not asked in usa, but let take it along incase
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Guy put down ur resignation letter, abi u still won come back to dis no light & bad government country. Lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
Remmy488: pls op dis doesnt matter my o level cert has my surname n first name alone wtout my middle name.e.g my complte names are olurin Tolulope john bt on my cert is Olurin Tolulope pls ur advice

That's not an issue... You are good to go.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
peters ife: Pls house i want to resign my appointment wit the company i work wit in order to proceed wit my travelling to america, but my conscience won,t allow me drop my resignation cos my boss is such a nice person, pls house advice me on how to tender my resignation so that it does not hurt d feelings of my boss.

Laffin in Spanish gringringrin... You funny sha, who go hear dis kain success story wey no go happy, if there's such ehn, make the person go hug transformer. Tender your letter say you really appreciate all what he has done for you. CHIKENA!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
peters ife: Pls house i want to resign my appointment wit the company i work wit in order to proceed wit my travelling to america, but my conscience won,t allow me drop my resignation cos my boss is such a nice person, pls house advice me on how to tender my resignation so that it does not hurt d feelings of my boss.
my boss was one of the finest boss in the telecoms industry,when i told him i was leaving for US,he was very happy and willing to give contacts of his pals in houston that could help me out if i have issue but i told him i was going to dallas.Its a success story and you have to let him know but dont do it until you are few weeks from leaving and you have enough cash with you just incase he isnt happy or he sacks you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Thanks guy, i will tender my resignation on the 24th od dec. Can,t wait to see u guys in states.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:
Top of the day to everyone in the house! Rejoice with me as I just turned current. I have been down and busy lately, and so seldom visit nairaland. I had to try and do some catching up backwards. I owe my thanks to all in the house who have been very helpful. Thanks to Temmy, Gentinger, Tiwana, bussyme, jidedon, adovia, adesoji, and others to many to mention; you are all definitely appreciated. I would definitely come back on this forum to share my interview experience for all to learn one or two things. God bless you all! Lest I forget, I know how it feels not being current- I can imagine the impatience, the emotions, but please just relax! By HIS grace, he will make all things perfect in a time beautiful for you. I felt that way when on the 15th of Nov I checked the visa bulletin and discovered that Nigeria was stagnant at 10,000. Believe, and the visa will get to you too, Amen.

Thanks nwannem nwoke. Ogadiligi nma.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
@gentiger....nwanne di na mba...agu....onye guy di ok....ke way?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Princecharmingobi: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hi everyone, me and my wife was denied our dv lottery visa on tuesday, the issue was that they claimed in the denial letter and below is their statement,
that this office regrets regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the labor qualifications section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law. After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you do not meet the qualifications for this visa class. Unfortunately, there is no appeal for Diversity Visa Lottery applications.
I need the phone number of the naira land lawyer for his advice, because i want to appeal this decision because i won through my wife and she has credits on her 9 papers in WAEC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hahaha! Gentiger so ibucha onye igbo? Wow! Dats nyc.biko wats de frequently askd questions 4 an O'level holder as highest qualification durin an interview? Pls mek una help me,havn't bin interviewed b4,stil a novice.peter,gentiger,tanny,adesojiaderemi,saddy,tiwana nd oda beta pple in da houz,tanx all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
Princecharmingobi, could u please narrate ur experience and the questions asked b4 u were denied.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
Princecharmingobi: Hi everyone, me and my wife was denied our dv lottery visa on tuesday, the issue was that they claimed in the denial letter and below is their statement,
that this office regrets regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the labor qualifications section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law. After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you do not meet the qualifications for this visa class. Unfortunately, there is no appeal for Diversity Visa Lottery applications.
I need the phone number of the naira land lawyer for his advice, because i want to appeal this decision because i won through my wife and she has credits on her 9 papers in WAEC.

This is sad for you PrinceCharming, what did they interview you on as in Education or Work Experience Qualification? I understand some people are asked to choose from the two and if you chose work experience did you demonstrate that you have two years of qualifying work experience in the last five years immediately prior to application. Qualifying work experience must be in an occupation that, by U.S. Department of Labor O*Net Online http://www.onetonline.org/ Database definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher..
All in all follow your heart and God will fight for you brother, I wish you a success trial.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Princecharmingobi: Hi everyone, me and my wife was denied our dv lottery visa on tuesday, the issue was that they claimed in the denial letter and below is their statement,
this is sad. based on the statement that THERE IS NO APPEAL FOR DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY APPLICATION i wonder if you can appeal. but also they said labor qualification it means you choose labor instead of school certificate as the basis for which you wanted to be issued the visa. my question is what is your wife's occupation since she is the primary one.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
please i decided to research on your issue. i came across someone with the same issue from Nigerian he asked a lawyer for an advice. please here is the link http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/5oqjs-brother-won-diversity-visa-lottery-nigeria-went.html and read it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
adzovia:
please i decided to research on your issue. i came across someone with the same issue from Nigerian he asked a lawyer for an advice. please here is the link http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/5oqjs-brother-won-diversity-visa-lottery-nigeria-went.html and read it.
You are such a darling, this will not only help PrinceCharming but many other people, By your observation or advice what do you think would be better for people who are going for interview and their careers are abit tricky apart from Doctors, Attorneys, Engineers and the likes, dont you think its would be better if they get interviewed by Education Qualification if they think they have the pass. What is your take on this, what is your ADVICE? Kindly share something
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by goldenfish4u: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
Princecharmingob, its a pity to hear about the visa denial, i guess you decided to use the working route which could be difficult, check the link below about the labour qualifications section 212(a)(5)(A) of the law. But if you have the education intact,the Case Worker should have exercised the fairness of justice to consider the education route. Its a pity.

http://www.visalaw.com/FAS/INA212.pdf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
Spoondar:
You are such a darling, this will not only help PrinceCharming but many other people, By your observation or advice what do you think would be better for people who are going for interview and their careers are abit tricky apart from Doctors, Attorneys, Engineers and the likes, dont you think its would be better if they get interviewed by Education Qualification if they think they have the pass. What is your take on this, what is your ADVICE? Kindly share something
if you have the minimum educational qualification i bet it is easier than to use the work experience. i had a 2 years work experience as a researcher but when i went for my interview i used JUST MY HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE and i was not asked much question i am now holding my visa. i know the process can be stressful but let us try to use the easiest one for them. they also have a magnitude of work load dont you think they will prefer simple things. a minimum of high school certificate OR 2 years work experience in so and so field so i say if you have the school use it and leave the work if you do not have the school use the work.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
saddy101:

tanx i really appr8 dt. Infact Bal timore on my mind shocked
saddy101:

tanx i really appr8 dt. Infact Bal timore on my mind
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
Please petersife u have no choice. just resign ur appointment. Know that this is a life changing decision. u must move on. best wishes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
you need to give us the full details of the interview.you can have all document in tact and not pass the main interview questions.
Pls,tell us what happened at the interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Fellow forumites, i culled this from another forum cos i know it will go a long way in enlightening as well as educating us, as we all prepare for our forthcoming interview.
LIKELY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. What is your name
2. Where were you born
3. What is your DOB
4. Where are you from
5. What's your mother's/father's name
6. Where was your mother born
7. When was she born
8. Why do you want to go to the US:
9. When do you intend travelling, and Why
10. What do you do
11. What High school did you finish from
12. What year
13. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam: Once
14. What were your best subjects in S.S.C.E
15. Tell me something about them
16. Discuss the practicals you had in your best subjects in SSCE?
17. What university did you attend
18. What course
19. Tell me something it
20. Why did you study what you studied in university
21. What can u say abt d effect of ur course of study on ur country and d world at large
22. List some courses u did in university and give a brief description of each
23. What was ur best course in university and tell me something about it
24. What was d title of ur project
25. Talk abt d project for 2mins
26. What was ur matric. no in school
27. List tools used in ur field of study
28. Have u done ur NYSC, if yes; where and when did u serve
29. What is ur relationship with the person u are goin to stay in d US
30. What does he do
31. For married couple, pls ensure u know each other very well cos any question can b thrown at u
Lastly, no b by all this tins alone o but by d grace and mercies of God. So, please be as prayerful as possible cos success comes from d most high.
May God help us all!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
peters ife: Princecharmingobi, could u please narrate ur experience and the questions asked b4 u were denied.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
akshow77: Thanks to the almighty God,had my interview at counter 13 with the black american lady around 9.30am and it was successful.more gist when I get to Ibadan.
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinubaby: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hi guys , i need your advice ASAP. my interview is coming up and i dnt wanna be denied. reading about prince charming really got me scared. its so sad. i filed inmy educational qualification and also my job experience but looking at it now, im not sure my job would qualify me for the visa. would i be asked if i want to go through with my work experience or educational experience cos i think it would be fair if the co considers my education instead of work since that doesnt qualify? i wish prince charming would tell the house if he had the minimum ssce requirements so we could tell if he was educationally qualified and rejected or if he also didnt have his ssce. i also wish he would tell us his occupation as well. i was gonna take my employment letter wit me but i thnk il just present my school certificate and hide the employment letter in another envelope in case the co asks.wat do u guys thnk? pray for me o. i also want to share my success story o. no be only congratulations i want tell people. make people sef tell me congrats wen my time reach ooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
chykezworld: @gentiger....nwanne di na mba...agu....onye guy di ok....ke way?

Hahaha! ....Nna anokwam nya. Ogadili anyincha nma.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2012

It appears appeal is restricted to certain nationalities alone of which Nigeria may be exempted. This is not for certain.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
nero xp: Hahaha! Gentiger so ibucha onye igbo? Wow! Dats nyc.biko wats de frequently askd questions 4 an O'level holder as highest qualification durin an interview? Pls mek una help me,havn't bin interviewed b4,stil a novice.peter,gentiger,tanny,adesojiaderemi,saddy,tiwana nd oda beta pple in da houz,tanx all.

Abukwam nwa nna. Rapukwa oyibo anyi nasu ebaa. I'll recommend you buy bullet points in all relevant subject and read thru thoroughly. No one can tell you for sure what the CO may ask. Ke nkwucha!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinubaby: 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
tinubaby: Hi guys , i need your advice ASAP. my interview is coming up and i dnt wanna be denied. reading about prince charming really got me scared. its so sad. i filed inmy educational qualification and also my job experience but looking at it now, im not sure my job would qualify me for the visa. would i be asked if i want to go through with my work experience or educational experience cos i think it would be fair if the co considers my education instead of work since that doesnt qualify? i wish prince charming would tell the house if he had the minimum ssce requirements so we could tell if he was educationally qualified and rejected or if he also didnt have his ssce. i also wish he would tell us his occupation as well. i was gonna take my employment letter wit me but i thnk il just present my school certificate and hide the employment letter in another envelope in case the co asks.wat do u guys thnk? pray for me o. i also want to share my success story o. no be only congratulations i want tell people. make people sef tell me congrats wen my time reach ooooo

sm1 pls reply tinubaby o

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.