Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:46 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931976 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ Allybert. Congrat.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
Allybert: Hi everyone,

To the glory of the Lord and the prayer of you all, I and my wife had a successful interview some hours ago. The CO at window 13 is indeed an angel! Without much ado, I will just go straight to the interview experience proper. But mind you, my wife was the principal applicant. She played as single before we married last year before the DV result.

Co: good morning
We: good morning ma
CO: Please sign these forms
We: Okay ma - we signed the forms
CO: Am going to take your fingers print
We: Alright ma - ( We did the fingers print)
CO: Do you swear to say nothing but the truth?
We: Absolutely yes
CO: please go and have your sit while I interview your wife.
Me: Alright ma. - (I had to stood a few distance away cos I already lose my sit)
Co: what is the name of your sch?
Wife: Blah blah blah
CO: What course did you study?
Wife: Food sci & tech
CO: Why did you study food sci & tech
Wife : Blah blah blah blah
CO: What year did you finished?
Wife : Blah blah blah blah -
CO: Tell me about your course
CO: No. I don`t want defination. I want full explanation
Wife: Blah blah blah blah- (explaining in details until she asked her to stop)
CO: Tell me about food processing
Wife: Blah blah blah blah
CO: What are perishable food products?
CO: How can you preserve them?
Wife : Blah blah blah blah - (citing terms and giving examples) Now the CO is typing.
CO: When did you get married?
CO: Where, when and how did you meet your husband?
CO: When did he proposed?
CO: What does your husband do?
CO: Can you explain what type of business your husband do?
CO: How much does he earn?
Wife : I really don`t know the exact amount
CO: You mean you don`t know how much your husband earn?
Wife: Yes, because he is not a salary earner. But we are living good. We are okay with what he earns.
CO: Oh! yeah I can really see that. - ( at this stage the interview is becoming very interesting to her and what follows thereafter was more like a chit chat)
CO: What type of wedding did you do?
CO: DO you have a very big wedding?
CO: Do you have wedding pictures?
Wife : yes (my wife brought out our photo book and as she was flipping, the CO asked her to keep flipping. She was smiling, then asked wife to stop and pointed to someone in the picture)
CO: Who is that in the picture?
CO: Do you have any courtship picture?
Wife : Yes
CO: Can I see? (At this stage she was very busy typing and staring into the computer. She did not bother to check the courtship pictures) She then asked my wife to call me. As I was approaching the window, she said to my wife - give me a minute I want to get some papers.
Wife: Alright ma - Now I am standing beside my wife and she was whispering into my ear. Then the CO returned with two papers and gave our original documents back to us.
CO: MR & MRS blah blah blah, congratulations your visas have been approved. Welcome to America. Go to the circled address to pick up your visas next week Fri. She then explained something to us about how to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee but we werent really paying attention because we were very excited. My wife was just smiling and saying thank you, thank you, thank you ma! The CO was just smiling......

My wife did a very good job and I am very proud of her. The only question I was asked was "Did you swear to say nothing but the truth" Which I answered "Absolutely yes"

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard
* When academic question is asked, don`t give definations but explanation and keep explaining until the CO ask you to stop.
* Speak out loud and look straight into the CO`s eyes.
* If married, say things the way they are. Don`t fabricate.
* Make sure you are able to defend whatever qualification you are claiming.
* Another thing I observed from other interview experiences is that, the CO usually start their academic questions from your highest level of education and if you are able to explain very well, they will not bother to ask you questions from your SSCE.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Congratulations broda because the good LORD has done it. AMEN

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
Congrat brother, go live ur american dream.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fgeemomen: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
adzovia:
dear as long as all your documents are genuine you dont have a problem they will call you after checking all your documents and your response to the questions asked by the co

Tanx Adzovia
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
Leripa:

You are coming here to testify positively by the grace of God. Your Visa is approved already.

amen dear. thanks and God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
f-geemomen:
As I got to the Ghana embassy today to pick up my VISA I was called together with 3 other people and I asked to wait cos the CO wanted to meet us. The CO called me and I gave me a form to fill asking for additional information. She then told me my VISA was not ready and that I have been put on Administrative Processing. She said they will call me after they are done with that. She didn't tell me any reason why I was put on AP all she said was they would call me. She collected the green sheet and gave me a white paper to go and wait to be called. Pls house can anyone help me with regards to what is happening?? I am soo shattered right now. The only issue I had was the wrong DOB in my initial entry which they never asked during the interview plus I have a sworn affidavit for that. House pls help me...

Maybe they still need to verify some information. God is in control. Just pray
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2013

To the glory of the Lord and the prayer of you all, I and my wife had a successful interview some hours ago. The CO at window 13 is indeed an angel! Without much ado, I will just go straight to the interview experience proper. But mind you, my wife was the principal applicant. She played as single before we married last year before the DV result.

Me: Alright ma. - (I had to stood a few distance away cos I already lose my sit)
Wife : Blah blah blah blah - (citing terms and giving examples) Now the CO is typing.
Wife: Yes, because he is not a salary earner. But we are living good. We are okay with what he earns.
CO: Oh! yeah I can really see that. - ( at this stage the interview is becoming very interesting to her and what follows thereafter was more like a chit chat)
Wife : yes (my wife brought out our photo book and as she was flipping, the CO asked her to keep flipping. She was smiling, then asked wife to stop and pointed to someone in the picture)
CO: Can I see? (At this stage she was very busy typing and staring into the computer. She did not bother to check the courtship pictures) She then asked my wife to call me. As I was approaching the window, she said to my wife - give me a minute I want to get some papers.
Wife: Alright ma - Now I am standing beside my wife and she was whispering into my ear. Then the CO returned with two papers and gave our original documents back to us.
CO: MR & MRS blah blah blah, congratulations your visas have been approved. Welcome to America. Go to the circled address to pick up your visas next week Fri. She then explained something to us about how to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee but we werent really paying attention because we were very excited. My wife was just smiling and saying thank you, thank you, thank you ma! The CO was just smiling......

My wife did a very good job and I am very proud of her. The only question I was asked was "Did you swear to say nothing but the truth" Which I answered "Absolutely yes"

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard
* When academic question is asked, don`t give definations but explanation and keep explaining until the CO ask you to stop.
* Another thing I observed from other interview experiences is that, the CO usually start their academic questions from your highest level of education and if you are able to explain very well, they will not bother to ask you questions from your SSCE.

congrats. God is good
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
Congratulations to u Allyybert and ur wife...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fgeemomen: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
honeydee:

Maybe they still need to verify some information. God is in control. Just pray

Tanx Honeydee
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=f-geemomen]As I got to the Ghana embassy today to pick up my VISA I was called together with 3 other people and I asked to wait cos the CO wanted to meet us. The CO called me and I gave me a form to fill asking for additional information. She then told me my VISA was not ready and that I have been put on Administrative Processing. She said they will call me after they are done with that. She didn't tell me any reason why I was put on AP all she said was they would call me. She collected the green sheet and gave me a white paper to go and wait to be called. Pls house can anyone help me with regards to what is happening?? I am soo shattered right now. The only issue I had was the wrong DOB in my initial entry which they never asked during the interview plus I have a sworn affidavit for that. House pls help me..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
Congrat allayybert
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
f-geemomen:
As I got to the Ghana embassy today to pick up my VISA I was called together with 3 other people and I asked to wait cos the CO wanted to meet us. The CO called me and I gave me a form to fill asking for additional information. She then told me my VISA was not ready and that I have been put on Administrative Processing. She said they will call me after they are done with that. She didn't tell me any reason why I was put on AP all she said was they would call me. She collected the green sheet and gave me a white paper to go and wait to be called. Pls house can anyone help me with regards to what is happening?? I am soo shattered right now. The only issue I had was the wrong DOB in my initial entry which they never asked during the interview plus I have a sworn affidavit for that. House pls help me...
The lord is our strength. Be faithful and prayerful. I m under AP too n this is d forth week. It is not easy but just take it easy pal. There ll be light at end of d tunnel.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
@f-geemomen: be faithfilled that the Visa is yours already. Yes, God is indeed in control.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
adzovia:
dear let me sate here that for a host to agree to pay your green card fee for you is a miracle. regardless of who your host is. you can get to the states get a visa gift card which also couples as a form of credit card to pay but asking someone else to pay for you will end up with them giving you an excuse why you should not even come and stay in the first place. look asking the embassy is not any loonnnnng thing what if they have a way you could pay in your country before coming here. if you think is long then advice anyone who so wishes to ask their host to pay for them they will pay later and see what will happen. usa is not Nigeria or Ghana.

I think winners are required to pay before their departure for US.
Visa gift card will not likely work in this case.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=jbmohd][/quote]

This is a very serious issue oo bros cos what I know when you are giving a white sheet in ghana,then you have been denied. If the co had given you the yellow sheet that could have been a bit promising hmmmm. You pray to God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
hope every one in the house is good
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
has it been confirmed that immigrants are meant to pay the processing fee before they leave for america
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lauradabrat: 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2013

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard

congrats ooooh
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
honeydee: CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL. MY INTERVIEW IS AT THE END OF THE MONTH. I PRAY FOR FAVOUR FOR MYSELF AND ALL OTHERS WAITING FOR THEIRS. WE WILL COME BACK TO TESTIFY IN JESUS NAME. AMEN

wishing you best of luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
loconzo00:

I think winners are required to pay before their departure for US.
Visa gift card will not likely work in this case.
are you sure my dear? cause i have put most of my money on a visa gift card and it has been accepted everywhere. online in shops etc....... is just like a debit card good to give out to someone you want to dash money here in the states and also good for people like us who just moved here with no account and no credit to get a credit card. is just like a visa debit card i have used it and i know but if you saying the payment has to be made back in Nigeria or other countries before they come then that is great.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

wishing you best of luck

Thanks dear
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
allybert and lateef congtatilations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
omonanoint: Gud day house,ve bin trying to check d visa bulletin to knw abt the present update buh what I get (some countries wit specific numbers while Nigeria 11,000 ) does that means that the next bulletin will continue from 11 000 because my case number falls into 12 000? Pls Ur respond will be needed. Tanks
mehn.......nigeria current num is 12150,which anoda will be uploaded before 15th of ds month.......so if u r 12000 or below,go check ur status and comfirm ur date of interview o
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
honeydee: CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL. MY INTERVIEW IS AT THE END OF THE MONTH. I PRAY FOR FAVOUR FOR MYSELF AND ALL OTHERS WAITING FOR THEIRS. WE WILL COME BACK TO TESTIFY IN JESUS NAME. AMEN

Honeydee, congrats in advance for ur visa IJN, AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hilaryddrunk: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2013

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard

congratulations my brother.Thank God for you and your family. My wife read food tech too o
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hilaryddrunk: 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2013

Lessons:

* Be prayerful
* Prepare very hard

congratulations my brother.Thank God for you and your family. My wife read food tech too and she is the applicant oo. pls we would'nt mind to use your experience as a case study and learn from there
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
adzovia:
are you sure my dear? cause i have put most of my money on a visa gift card and it has been accepted everywhere. online in shops etc....... is just like a debit card good to give out to someone you want to dash money here in the states and also good for people like us who just moved here with no account and no credit to get a credit card. is just like a visa debit card i have used it and i know but if you saying the payment has to be made back in Nigeria or other countries before they come then that is great.

Adzovia that visa gift card is just as you have described it . Just as obtainable here in Europe but if the fees are supposed to be paid before traveling to US, then it might just not be within the reach of someone who is yet to leave. That's what i mean.
By the way how are you people brazing up for approaching snow storm.
I understand you are in New Jersey. I shall be heading that way with my family as soon as we obtain our visa next month by His grace.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 10:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
loconzo00:

Adzovia that visa gift card is just as you have described it . Just as obtainable here in Europe but if the fees are supposed to be paid before traveling to US, then it might just not be within the reach of someone who is yet to leave. That's what i mean.
By the way how are you people brazing up for approaching snow storm.
I understand you are in New Jersey. I shall be heading that way with my family as soon as we obtain our visa next month by His grace.
Stay blessed.
the weather is a bit better where i am not that horrible. i will be waiting for you in jersey. good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
UBA Africard will do the job perfectly, i mean the payment of the $165
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
@Allybert, congrats to u and ur family
@gemoomen, u got nothing to fear if u are sure u are on AP once all ur claims are genuine though its devastating but God will see u through.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
Allybert,congratulation to u nd ur wife...go nd live ur american dream nd enjoy a beta lyf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
adzovia:
Hi Adzovia, is it until one gets to the US before one can get and also put money into d visa gift card or can it be done in one's home country before departure? Plz shed more light on this and in any of d cases above that is accepted, what's d procedure of obtaining the visa gift card and subsequently putting money into it? Just for d benefit of d ppl who are planning to travel soon. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.