Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,584 members, 7,901,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (933799 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
junkerhill: u ar one of the invisible members of this forum. My brother I doubt if there is any other u can do abt it. Just go and get ur visa, wen u ar successful and have gotten to the states, u can then file for her to com. Any other thing aside this might jeopardize ur chance of getting the visa. Correct me if I'm wrong forumite.

Yeah, you're right. Get it first and get her over much later.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82: Hi there!

I need your advice. I won DV 2013 and got the visa. My visa will be expired on April 29, but my medical exams is alrealdy expired this month (february 18). I plan to travel to USA next month (March). Do i need to take a new medical exams?

thanks

save yourself the stress and costlier expenses by doing another medicals before you leave for the USA. Good luck to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
yembe2013: HELLO HOUSE. GOOD NEWS FROM CAMEROON
I had my Interview yesterday Feb 19 in the US embassy in Yaounde. Cameroon,
I arrived Yaounde Friday to collect my Medical cert, there I met a guy and a girl who where also scheduled the same day as I was at 9 and 10 am respectively. I was scheduled at 11. I decided to stay Yaounde till the D-day
Yesterday I arrived the embassy some few minutes after 9 am, while being checked in I saw the lady I met in the clinic leaving the embassy, breathing out seriously in relief, she told me she already had her interview even before her interview time and it was successful. I realised then that I would've been interviewed even before the scheduled time. (No wahala)
I descended down to the interview hall and on my way I also saw the guy I met in the clinic running out as fast as he could. It appeared he didn't photocopied some of his documents. (Panic Attack to?? No I cast and bind)
I went in, collect a piece of paper with a code, and waited for my code to show up on the electric board right infront where people sit.Subsequently it did, I paid the $330 =174,000CFA, there I summited my documents and continue the waiting for about an hour and half. I was called upon to give my finger print in another counter. around 1:45 pm or less, my code flashed on the electronic board, and was directed window7
THE INTERVIEW
CO:I will take your finger print again to check if these are you documents
Me: Ok
CO: put you first finger on the machine
Me: I did
CO: ok
CO:I see you a a graduate in blablabla, from the univeristy of blablabla
Me: yes
CO: Ok, what do you want to do when u arrive US
Me: I want to continue to masters in blablabla
CO: Ok, do you have any relative in US
Me: No
CO: ok, the person you'll live with in US, who is he to you
Me: its a coursin.
CO: ok, (removed the yellow shit, wrote on it) CONGRATULATION.SCome this day and collect your visa
Me: Ok, thank you Sir

The guy I talked about was put in administrative processing. Please prepare WELL BEFORE ENTERING THE EMBASSY. And Also PRAY.
thanks to every forumites for the endless discourse. BABA TEMMY TAMMY,I appreciate.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zahra82: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
ferdimako:

Yes to avoid delays and passport being held until medicals are redone in the US. This could be much costlier! Please enter b4 April 29 to avoid no entry at all!

oh... too bad. I did the medical exams on August 2012. How to do the medical exams again? I didnt get the copy result from the doctor/clinic. Do I need to do the vaccines again?

will it be okay if i enter USA on April 27?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
ferdimako:

Did they give her, the baby and hubby visas? Congrats to her!
They gave the three of them, infact they didn't even interview the husband.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82:

oh... too bad. I did the medical exams on August 2012. How to do the medical exams again? I didnt get the copy result from the doctor/clinic. Do I need to do the vaccines again?

much as i (we) do not know what is keeping you waiting till now, please endeavor to redo your medicals and jet out as soon as possible. If possible, leave by March.
Good luck to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zahra82: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Leripa:

much as i (we) do not know what is keeping you waiting till now, please endeavor to redo your medicals and jet out as soon as possible. If possible, leave by March.
Good luck to you.

I need to sell some properties I own. That's why it delays me much. Already advertised the properties since May (after got the DV winner notification) but It is not easy to sell in the short time cry
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
oayombo: They gave the three of them, infact they didn't even interview the husband.

Nice!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82:

Pls try to redo the medicals, doctors will let you know what and what you'll need to do. You can contact the embassy on this too. Yeah April 27 will be fine but don't push your luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Schizogony(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ALL. Tnx 4 ur congratulatory write ups.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82:

I need to sell some properties I own. That's why it delays me much. Already advertised the properties since May (after got the DV winner notification) but It is not easy to sell in the short time cry

all the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82:

with this ur decision.....i pray u aint refused entry @ ur poe...u better jet out.....handle the properties for someone to sell
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
yembe2013: HELLO HOUSE. GOOD NEWS FROM CAMEROON
I had my Interview yesterday Feb 19 in the US embassy in Yaounde. Cameroon,
I arrived Yaounde Friday to collect my Medical cert, there I met a guy and a girl who where also scheduled the same day as I was at 9 and 10 am respectively. I was scheduled at 11. I decided to stay Yaounde till the D-day
Yesterday I arrived the embassy some few minutes after 9 am, while being checked in I saw the lady I met in the clinic leaving the embassy, breathing out seriously in relief, she told me she already had her interview even before her interview time and it was successful. I realised then that I would've been interviewed even before the scheduled time. (No wahala)
I descended down to the interview hall and on my way I also saw the guy I met in the clinic running out as fast as he could. It appeared he didn't photocopied some of his documents. (Panic Attack to?? No I cast and bind)
I went in, collect a piece of paper with a code, and waited for my code to show up on the electric board right infront where people sit.Subsequently it did, I paid the $330 =174,000CFA, there I summited my documents and continue the waiting for about an hour and half. I was called upon to give my finger print in another counter. around 1:45 pm or less, my code flashed on the electronic board, and was directed window7
THE INTERVIEW
CO:I will take your finger print again to check if these are you documents
Me: Ok
CO: put you first finger on the machine
Me: I did
CO: ok
CO:I see you a a graduate in blablabla, from the univeristy of blablabla
Me: yes
CO: Ok, what do you want to do when u arrive US
Me: I want to continue to masters in blablabla
CO: Ok, do you have any relative in US
Me: No
CO: ok, the person you'll live with in US, who is he to you
Me: its a coursin.
CO: ok, (removed the yellow shit, wrote on it) CONGRATULATION.SCome this day and collect your visa
Me: Ok, thank you Sir

The guy I talked about was put in administrative processing. Please prepare WELL BEFORE ENTERING THE EMBASSY. And Also PRAY.
thanks to every forumites for the endless discourse. BABA TEMMY TAMMY,I appreciate.

Congratulations!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
oayombo: I want to use this medium to thank God and Bros Temmy. My sister applied as single, had her introduction in January 2012..dvlottery result released in may, she had her court wedding in July...returned the forms in August...2NL arrived in December...gave birth to a baby boy in January...Notified consular office on the new birth...Had a successful interview today.
Many Congratulations to her
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
Schizogony: Interview experience
me: gud morning sir
co(window 14): Is dis d form u sent 2 kcc?
Me: yes sir
co: pls sign here.(also captured my fingerprints, administered d oath) Did u pay ur fees dis morning?
Me: yes sir
co: wat is ur highest level of education?
Me: university degree
co: which discipline?
Me: ans
co: which institution?
co: have done ur national youth service?
Me: I'm on it
co: where?
co: wat is ur work there?
co: (circled an address on a white sheet of paper). Ur visa wil be ready 4 pik up in abt 7 days. Remember 2 pay ur USCIS fees b4 u travel..(gave me a paper containing instructions 4 paying online)
me: thank u sir.
PLEASE NOTE:
1. Once ur documents are wel arranged(speaks wel of u), d c.o wil fall in love wit it even b4 meeting u in person.(my observation anyway.
2. Dont go wit ur phone, even if u intend switching it off,as they won't allow u go in wit it.
Wishing all in d house similar success!
Congratulations!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
The way things are going we will end up in a different state from the one we wrote in our DS230 forms infact i have all my previous host documents and letter of support but we are not going to that state anymore. Though we intend to use the same documents and address at the Consulate office, how are we going to enter the US if point of entry is different? Advice ASAP am waiting..............................
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
For those who had success interviews,I tap into ur success nd may GOD ALMIGHTY lead ur ways.congratulations nd all glory be to GOD ALMIGHTY,AMEN.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gudevnin, plz house,which of this is the best medium for sendin documents to KCC, EMAIL or Regular postal mail?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
rcb34: Gudevnin, plz house,which of this is the best medium for sendin documents to KCC, EMAIL or Regular postal mail?
Email
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar:
Email
fankz I really appreci8
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82:

Yeah and especially when the prospective buyers know your situation.They could be foot dragging and haggling like die.Just try to act maturely here! All the best,bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
rcb34: Gudevnin, plz house,which of this is the best medium for sendin documents to KCC, EMAIL or Regular postal mail?

you can call them and let them know you're going to attach documents via e-mail and that will open up your file. But why this late?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
I have a question and really I need your help please ..

My name written on my passport 4 names

1. 2. 3. 4
My name. My father. My grandfather My grandfather father

I put on my forms all starting from DV application online till forms sent to KCC that my family name is my grandfather name (3) not no. (4)..

Is it a problem or its ok ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar:

@ aoyombo: congrat to her.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar:

@ aoyombo: congrat to her.

@ schizogony: congrat.

@ yembe2013: congrat.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar:
Congratulations!!

Spoonder you are back, I have been thinking of you all this while(especially today)where have you been?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar: The way things are going we will end up in a different state from the one we wrote in our DS230 forms infact i have all my previous host documents and letter of support but we are not going to that state anymore. Though we intend to use the same documents and address at the Consulate office, how are we going to enter the US if point of entry is different? Advice ASAP am waiting..............................

...this your authority without power dey make me fear at times.well, it doesn't matter your poe once the Home security officer take you finger print and your passport is been stamp by the immigration you can migrate to any where but just make sure you have access to your Green card when it comes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Can anybody answer me pleaaaaaaase ....

1. 2. 3. 4

I put on my forms all starting from DV application online till forms sent to KCC that my family name is my grandfather name (3) not no. (4)..

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
ferdimako:

you can call them and let them know you're going to attach documents via e-mail and that will open up your file. But this late?

Broz had done wat u said, buh still yet not rechable. Asper the numbber, u said, asshld google.
Buh check ur mail, av add u ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Smsm: Can anybody answer me pleaaaaaaase ....

1. 2. 3. 4

no problem.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
rood boy:

Broz had done wat u said, buh still yet not rechable. Asper the numbber, u said, asshld google.
Buh check ur mail, av add u ok.

Ring this number:+16065267500. Make sure u hav some credits,your case number,DOB and names before placing the call.After the machine interaction, you will be contacted with an agent.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
mascotinme: Hello house, please i need ur help, when i filled my DV form last year, i was single, but wen i was sending my form to KCC, i included a letter that am engaged & that i will get married dat same year. After d wedding in nov, i sent another form through scanning to KCC, informing them of the latest development, but to my surprise, when dey send the 2nl, her name was not included as the benefiary, dey only invited me for the interview, please what should i do. Its urgent pls because my interview is next month.

Why do people take unnecessary risks which could be interpreted as premeditated fraud?

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.