Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,474 members, 7,891,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931973 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:53am On Feb 28, 2013
owobabaisabella:

Jd, we are going to Skype tomorrow. How r u n ur wifey? Hope u r enjoying the weather in ATL
no prob am at ur service,hw was ur day?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 4:21am On Feb 28, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
waoooo u re in penns,na the weather make me run that i change my mind hw is the weather now cos Atlanta is cool
The weather is becoming a little bit better than when I first arrived, or maybe I should say am now getting use to it. Its not really cold again like before, but at the same time, I still always put on my jacket even when am inside the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 4:31am On Feb 28, 2013
f-geemomen:

Congratulations I tap into ur success and blessing. House I need your prayers for I know I will together with all those on AP testify like Garvins and jbmohd IJN...
By the grace of God u ll be given ur visa too, but pls don't try to call or send an email to them on ur case before the given period. I saw a lady that was outrightly denied because she called them making enquiry on her AP.Those pple blf so much in compliance

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 5:08am On Feb 28, 2013
Hahaha,
Yeah cos springtime is slowly approaching! Its all good to experience all 4 seasons right?

femsoj: The weather is becoming a little bit better than when I first arrived, or maybe I should say am now getting use to it. Its not really cold again like before, but at the same time, I still always put on my jacket even when am inside the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 5:34am On Feb 28, 2013
Thank you colleagues I really appreciate u all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 6:14am On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=idriez]Congrats bro!!! This is the Lord's doing & it is marvelous in our sight.... go live your american dream.
If I may ask, which window did u do your interview cos the co really drilled u o.

It was at window 16 o, my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 7:16am On Feb 28, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
no prob am at ur service,hw was ur day?
Jide, did they ask of your xray@the POE? I want to know cos that envelop is to big to be carrying around.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=jbmohd][/quote]
this window 16 eh.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2013
idriez:

Medical expires after 3mths as confirmed from previous contributions.
Hello, medicals only expires after 6 Months. Pls read previous posts by gurus. Tnx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2013
nkkystel:
Hello, medicals only expires after 6 Months. Pls read previous posts by gurus. Tnx

@ nkkystel: yeah, u r rite..av let him knw dat is 6month not 3month...

@ nkkstel: wat is goin on abt you nkkstel? I use 2 check you online on fb buh you alweys ofline why?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:08am On Feb 28, 2013
daddykelly:
this window 16 eh.

Don't mind her daddykke, she jst dey do I too knw 4 embassy...I don't knw why she can jst give smone visa without queestion.lolzz.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fgeemomen: 11:18am On Feb 28, 2013
jbmohd: By the grace of God u ll be given ur visa too, but pls don't try to call or send an email to them on ur case before the given period. I saw a lady that was outrightly denied because she called them making enquiry on her AP.Those pple blf so much in compliance

Jbmohd Amen, the God that did yours will surely do mine. I sent them a mail 2 weeks after my case was put on AP and they replied saying my case was still on AP, they said they will contact me wen the finish. I did my interview in Ghana I hope I am not in trouble for sending the mail??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2013
f-geemomen:

Jbmohd Amen, the God that did yours will surely do mine. I sent them a mail 2 weeks after my case was put on AP and they replied saying my case was still on AP, they said they will contact me wen the finish. I did my interview in Ghana I hope I am not in trouble for sending the mail??
The lady I talked about actually called them and spoke to them rudely. In fact arrogance is written all over d lady. I don't think u have any problem just be prayerful
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
thank u my sister,urs ll come in jesus name

A BIG AMEN TO DAT PRAYER
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
I curse every member of dis forum 2 succeed at their interviews nd to be granted visa in de POWERFUL MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,AMEN...If u Belive,Read Psalms 51...psalms 35 nd Psalms 125 nd pray.Try dis nd see If u cnt testify on dis Forum, I swear...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
temmytanny: congrats sweetie, you are my new wifey now grin grin shocked shocked tiwanna don run leave me.WELCOME TO AMERICA
@SPOONDAR, congrats 2 u n ur family, I wish my sef n my family 4 succesful interview 2 in March IJN.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
IN NEWJERSEY WHEN I WENT FOR MY SSN I WAS TOLD TO COME BACCK IN 10DAYS TIME. IF U WANT TO ADD ME ON FACE BOOK MY NAME IS IHUOMA IFEANYI.STILL EXPECTING MY GREEN CARD CAN,T WAIT TO START MAKING MONEY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ElvisNana: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
sosodp: Charley, am happy for you mehn. God is good , am also a Ghanaian and want to ask where can the police report be done? Congrat once again. we shall all testify IJN
The police report can only be done @ the police Headquarters @ osu. u can also giv me a call if any further help on 0545957372.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
jbmohd: Thank you colleagues I really appreciate u all.
baba am very happy for you. i told dey will call u. am very sorry for not calling or postin u. regards to family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
peters ife: IN NEWJERSEY WHEN I WENT FOR MY SSN I WAS TOLD TO COME BACCK IN 10DAYS TIME. IF U WANT TO ADD ME ON FACE BOOK MY NAME IS IHUOMA IFEANYI.STILL EXPECTING MY GREEN CARD CAN,T WAIT TO START MAKING MONEY.
pLEASE CAN U STILL SYA WHICH OF THE IHUOMA IFEANYI THE NAMES ARE MUCH THERE
THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
rcb34: @preprewow, Am sowi to get into ur conversation,bt I understnd ur husbands situation too,but is they No other relative or Brother of his that could help him in taking care of his mom,jst for som days while he attends the visa interview wif U,his also sopos to understnd that his mom too would alwys want the best to hapen to her son,she wud bless his goin and komin
rcb, it is ok bro, you dont have to apologize for that... well, my husband is the only son for my mother-in-law & thats why he decided to stay with her until she fully recover but now i convinced him to be present at the embassy on our interview day & that he should bring my mother-in-law to my family in kenya for better treatment so that they take care of her when our interview day approach. Thanks God! he agreed with my ideasmiley i hope everything will work smooth for us. Thanks house for contributing ur opinions to me. Special thanks to Gengier
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
By the way house, today I've came to know that Nairobi US embassy doesn't issue visas to applicants with less than C plain in K.C.S.E. I got less than due to my sickness(chronic ear infections)when i was doing my K.C.S.E exams but before that i used to get good grades(A-/B+).

Now, I'm partially deaf but thanks God I didnt lose that hope to continue with my studies. I'm in Univesity doing diploma in business so do you think that i can convince the Consular Officer with my present & earlier performances? Do you think that my hearing impairment would be a problem to get a Diversity Visa? & finally, do you think that me & my husband can go for the interview if i didn't meet with their high school minimum requirements?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
house, here is the reply email I got from US embassy nairobi:-

Thank you for your email. The minimum qualification for a diversity visa is a C plain or C minus and 2 years diploma or D and a degree from the university.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 4

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
house, here is the reply email I got from US embassy nairobi:-

Thank you for your email. The minimum qualification for a diversity visa is a C plain or C minus and 2 years diploma or D and a degree from the university.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

Imagine, I didn't get my diploma yet and they want a degree from university to meet with their requirements. I am feeling so dissapointed. house, please tell me what i should do? I don't know why I am getting a problem after the othersad
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bigaunty1(f): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
hi sorry to disturb you,i have a question to ask
i am currently offering a transfer program in a university (Malaysia) to either USA or CANADA
lets say i don't win the lottery and i have a family friend in the USA that has been there for 11 years now(visa lottery as well)can they invite me over as one of their family members?
my main question is will i be paying the same tuition fees with american citizens or international student tuition fees.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Big aunty: hi sorry to disturb you,i have a question to ask
i am currently offering a transfer program in a university (Malaysia) to either USA or CANADA
lets say i don't win the lottery and i have a family friend in the USA that has been there for 11 years now(visa lottery as well)can they invite me over as one of their family members?
my main question is will i be paying the same tuition fees with american citizens or international student tuition fees.

If you arrive the States as a student or visitor, you will pay fees applicable to international students. Until you become a permanent resident or citizen, you will pay what international students pay. If you marry a citizen or a permanent resident in the States as a student, you will need to adjust your status to permanent resident. These are tge options available to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
preprewow: house, here is the reply email I got from US embassy nairobi:-

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

Imagine, I didn't get my diploma yet and they want a degree from university to meet with their requirements. I am feeling so dissapointed. house, please tell me what i should do? I don't know why I am getting a problem after the othersad

The DV rules are non-discriminatory. It's enforcement is strict unless otherwise specified. If you do not meet the academic requirements for eligibility, your next available options is work experience in which case you must demonstrate you are a skilled professional with at least 2 years of training in a recognized institution. If you cannot demonstrate eligibility based on these two criteria, I fear you may be sowing where you will not reap. Package yourself well for work experience if you got the skills and work experience as a professional. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
Just back 4rm blue angel food store. America sweet, Even i saw our local food there bt is costly

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
Gentiger:

The DV rules are non-discriminatory. It's enforcement is strict unless otherwise specified. If you do not meet the academic requirements for eligibility, your next available options is work experience in which case you must demonstrate you are a skilled professional with at least 2 years of training in a recognized institution. If you cannot demonstrate eligibility based on these two criteria, I fear you may be sowing where you will not reap. Package yourself well for work experience if you got the skills and work experience as a professional. Goodluck.
u should learn how to avoid unecessary risk.i believe the instruction is very clear to you,don't take chances and waste scarce resources unless you have it excess.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
preprewow: By the way house, today I've came to know that Nairobi US embassy doesn't issue visas to applicants with less than C plain in K.C.S.E. I got less than due to my sickness(chronic ear infections)when i was doing my K.C.S.E exams but before that i used to get good grades(A-/B+).

Now, I'm partially deaf but thanks God I didnt lose that hope to continue with my studies. I'm in Univesity doing diploma in business so do you think that i can convince the Consular Officer with my present & earlier performances? Do you think that my hearing impairment would be a problem to get a Diversity Visa? & finally, do you think that me & my husband can go for the interview if i didn't meet with their high school minimum requirements?
my dear, they have told you what their requirement is which your are short of it. I doubt if you can convince them because their rule or standard is clear. It is either C+ or C- with 2 years diploma or D+ with university cert. And you are yet to acquire either the diploma or the university cert. Nevertheless, I won't advice you to quit but I will advice you to be more fervent in prayer. There is nothing God cannot do. Just ask for God's mercy on the day of your interview. If His mercy be with you on that day, the visa is yours. The members of this family will also be praying for you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
preprewow: By the way house, today I've came to know that Nairobi US embassy doesn't issue visas to applicants with less than C plain in K.C.S.E. I got less than due to my sickness(chronic ear infections)when i was doing my K.C.S.E exams but before that i used to get good grades(A-/B+).

my dear, they have told you what their requirement is which your are short of it. I doubt if you can convince them because their rule or standard is clear. It is either C+ or C- with 2 years diploma or D+ with university cert. And you are yet to acquire either the diploma or the university cert. Nevertheless, I won't advice you to quit but I will advice you to be more fervent in prayer. There is nothing God cannot do. Just ask for God's mercy on the day of your interview. If His mercy be with you on that day, the visa is yours. The members of this family will also be praying for you.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
gunners4u: Just back 4rm blue angel food store. America sweet, Even i saw our local food there bt is costly

Okay,Hope u did not buy horse meat thinking it's beef.How every,guy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.