Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941116 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
loveshowgirl1: I am a DV 2013 lottery winner. I have recently done my medicals and waiting for my interview which is not till 21st of March. The question i want to ask the house is, during my application for the DV2013 lottery, I was SINGLE, i got engaged March 14th and did my introduction March 15th which was way before the results came out in May. While i filled my forms to KCC i was still SINGLE but engaged and i had filled in SINGLE, but in December/January i got married. During my medicals, i had to fill in married as status in one of the forms since am now married. Right now am not so sure as to what to say when i go for my interview, if i should simply say am married with all proofs or i should maintain my being SINGLE, but right now am wearing my wedding band. What should i do house, any and all advice would be appreciated.............My interview date is 21st so the earlier i hear from you guys the better for me. Thanks

Lolo.

Anyone with similar issues and have been successful, pls help me out here. Mind you, i am not filing for my husband to join me right now as he will be travelling to South Africa soon.
my dear, I will advice you to maintain ur initial status which is single because, u applied as single lady and on the form u sent to kcc, u wrote single as ur status. You hav already made that mistake on ur medical form, let it just be lik that. Mind you, your husband myt not be ur beneficiary if you applied the form u sent to kcc states single, so just have in mind that he is not going be interviewed with you if he is not a beneficiary. You will hav to file for him to com over when u hav finally gotten to the state.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Amedino1: Abeg can someone wake dat yeye KCC worker up, to update dis Bulletin.. Upcoming is over killing M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO.. Faith Work

Amedino i guess is gonna be on monday or tuesday b4 it will land.... The bulletin still dey hot 4 air... Is going to drop ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d nxt hmmmmmmm 60hrs...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
ManTiger: Good News...
I received a mail from KCCDV concerning my case as to know when i will be schedule for interview and was told May.
My CN is 18k.
I was also reffered to keep checking the bulletine on 15th of every month.
So so happy to hear this.
My brother I must tell you not to rely on what they told you because there has been many cases like that in the past where people emailed kcc to know when they would be current, kcc told them another date that was too far from the month they were current. It happened more than twice on this forum. So dnt keep to heart what they told you. They said it to keep u from worrying.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
tobi16: Hello nairalanders my case number is 71XX but i send my foam on january 16 2013 but since then have not hear anything from them and also i send email to them they are not reapling me and am trying to call them it will not get to them before the phone will cut pls i need urgent reaply
My brother, I can't really say what the problem might be but I know were given till sept 30th to check our status. Maybe you sent yours late but there are some people on this thread that sent theirs on december. Just keep trying. I pray they respond to your mail.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
paa11: With the USCIS Fee, is it those whose visa was issued b/4 1st February that will pay or those who enter into USA after 1st February that will pay. I ask because my visa was issued on 30th January 2013 but i will leave for Chicago on 19th April.

You are exempted if issued 30th January. Mine was issued 31st January. I am paying nothing.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
loveshowgirl1: I am a DV 2013 lottery winner. I have recently done my medicals and waiting for my interview which is not till 21st of March. The question i want to ask the house is, during my application for the DV2013 lottery, I was SINGLE, i got engaged March 14th and did my introduction March 15th which was way before the results came out in May. While i filled my forms to KCC i was still SINGLE but engaged and i had filled in SINGLE, but in December/January i got married. During my medicals, i had to fill in married as status in one of the forms since am now married. Right now am not so sure as to what to say when i go for my interview, if i should simply say am married with all proofs or i should maintain my being SINGLE, but right now am wearing my wedding band. What should i do house, any and all advice would be appreciated.............My interview date is 21st so the earlier i hear from you guys the better for me. Thanks

Lolo.

Anyone with similar issues and have been successful, pls help me out here. Mind you, i am not filing for my husband to join me right now as he will be travelling to South Africa soon.

Update KCC immediately if you haven't done so. Send it via mail and ensure you get an acknowledged copy. Go with your husband. Be sure you do an elaborate wedding ceremony.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
nkkystel:
Hello Tobi, expect ur 2NL from KCC this March which will tell you your interview date and likely to be May
how could he expect his 2NL this march when he is not current yet and he has not received a notification letter from kcc telling him they have received his form. If you send your form to kcc, they will send you an email informing you the date your form got to them. Correct me if I'm wrong people.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
shipsonsipe: Gud day fam...pls I nid u to help me authorize my NPC BC b4 it goes 4 final screening...pls ders a mistake on BC my LGA of birth was wrongly stated...it is Kosofe LGA buh they wrote Oshodi LGA...pls wt can be done abt it?...tnk U

Have it corrected to avoid inconsistencies.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
Amedino1: Abeg can someone wake dat yeye KCC worker up, to update dis Bulletin.. Upcoming is over killing M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO.. Faith Work
I guess the person updating the bulletin must be a woman. dnt mind her, she needs to be flogged to wake her.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ngnetbiz: 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pls a friend who just got his greencard want to know if he can buy one way ticket from nigeria to US, then who knows the cheapest airline flying to US and the one way ticket cost, what is the amount bta he should go with.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
ngnetbiz: Pls a friend who just got his greencard want to know if he can buy one way ticket from nigeria to US, then who knows the cheapest airline flying to US and the one way ticket cost, what is the amount bta he should go with.thanks
explain yourself well bro. Where did he got the green card, In nigeria here or America? If he has actually got his greencard like you said, why is he buying a one way ticket again from nigeria to US?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
junkerhill: explain yourself well bro. Where did he got the green card, In nigeria here or America? If he has actually got his greencard like you said, why is he buying a one way ticket again from nigeria to US?

I guess he made a mistake! He wanna say VISA nt green card...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 12:20am On Mar 09, 2013
Gentiger:

Update KCC immediately if you haven't done so. Send it via mail and ensure you get an acknowledged copy. Go with your husband. Be sure you do an elaborate wedding ceremony.
@loveshowgal....if i undastnd u right...ur forms has bn consistent wt single status except during ur medical form which u filled at d hospital...dat can b defended...my advice to u is dat u shld continue wt ur singles status...cuz some of those forms does not go to d embassy...d important ones that goes to d embassy is d vaccination record n x-ray...i strongly advice u claim single on ur interview day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:45am On Mar 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
where precisely in ikole......stated wia i hailed from in ikole in my last post
isaba ni oooo (o kun oooo awe)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bronxess: 3:02am On Mar 09, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:30am On Mar 09, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ Jidedon......we from the same home town sha.......but dunno o{kle}.....wia exactly
e okun o
from idemo in isaba that is all what i know ooooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 4:31am On Mar 09, 2013
Please gurus, interview is around the corner, i need your prayer in all ways. But i'm little bit confused. During my own time when i passed out 2007 i'm unable to write waec becuase of finacial breakdown. But Neco is free, i decided to write a neco and have 5 credits. First question; can i go to the embassy with neco result printout with unscratched card. Moreso, i'm currently working in one pure water factory, lag after i passed out. Second question, why type of question can the CO asked base on Job zone pls?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lauradabrat: 5:26am On Mar 09, 2013
Good morning gurus.with some few days remaining to face the CO pls remeber me in your prayers oh.I know God has chosen us for this journey and he will finish all that he started..IJN..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:50am On Mar 09, 2013
sunday45: Please gurus, interview is around the corner, i need your prayer in all ways. But i'm little bit confused. During my own time when i passed out 2007 i'm unable to write waec becuase of finacial breakdown. But Neco is free, i decided to write a neco and have 5 credits. First question; can i go to the embassy with neco result printout with unscratched card. Moreso, i'm currently working in one pure water factory, lag after i passed out. Second question, why type of question can the CO asked base on Job zone pls?
I have No ANSWER but an observation please dont get me wrong, it is not just you but alot of us here do really write or ask a question that others find it difficult to answer or understand you, for example what do you mean by passing out in this question did you faint or lost conciousness while the WAEC exams were being conducted so you missed doing a paper? What does the passing out got to do with your working at one pure water factory? Anyway what is your job designation at the Pure Water Factory from here people will be able to answer you or you will be able to know your Job Zone from this website http://www.onetonline.org/find/family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:06am On Mar 09, 2013
Spoondar: I have No ANSWER but an observation please dont get me wrong, it is not just you but alot of us here do really write or ask a question that others find it difficult to answer or understand you, for example what do you mean by passing out in this question did you faint or lost conciousness while the WAEC exams were being conducted so you missed doing a paper? What does the passing out got to do with your working at one pure water factory? Anyway what is your job designation at the Pure Water Factory from here people will be able to answer you or you will be able to know your Job Zone from this website http://www.onetonline.org/find/family

I guess what he meant is that he finished (passed out) secondary school in 2007 without writing WAEC but rather sat for NECO, which was free then.
My advise is that he should first collect his testimonial from his secondary school and go with the NECO result to the embassy. He should be fine that way.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2013
Remmy488: guy relax i can feel ur pain, bt visa bulletine can't be updated 2day until monday 12pm EDT 5PM NAIJA tym. watch out!!!
i thought as much. i hay ur insight
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2013
sunday45: Please gurus, interview is around the corner, i need your prayer in all ways. But i'm little bit confused. During my own time when i passed out 2007 i'm unable to write waec becuase of finacial breakdown. But Neco is free, i decided to write a neco and have 5 credits. First question; can i go to the embassy with neco result printout with unscratched card. Moreso, i'm currently working in one pure water factory, lag after i passed out. Second question, why type of question can the CO asked base on Job zone pls?
Spoondar: I have No ANSWER but an observation please dont get me wrong, it is not just you but alot of us here do really write or ask a question that others find it difficult to answer or understand you, for example what do you mean by passing out in this question did you faint or lost conciousness while the WAEC exams were being conducted so you missed doing a paper? What does the passing out got to do with your working at one pure water factory? Anyway what is your job designation at the Pure Water Factory from here people will be able to answer you or you will be able to know your Job Zone from this website http://www.onetonline.org/find/family

Passed out means GRADUATE (verb) in Nigerian English
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iScamfieil: 6:30am On Mar 09, 2013
Waiting for the update of the Visa Bulletin is energy sapping!

Out of curiosity I ran into a forum where a selectee claimed to have received the following update from KCC as a reply to his enquiry:

Asia 7850
Africa 43400
Europe 27500
Oceania 1115

Ethiopia 32900
Nigerial 17000
Egypt 23500

Pls let's still chill to confirm this.

I know some peoplez blood pressure is reading 120/120 =))º°˚˚˚°º‎​L☺Lº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

♍ƺ sef never sleep well here!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 6:43am On Mar 09, 2013
pls spoondar wher ar u,am xpectin a respond on m question..pls pls pls.d scan test i did concernin my wife pragnancy which i want to update kcc d scan result doesnt reveal d sex of d baby can i still send like or i shud wait n redo anoda one..pls i nid ur reply very urgent.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:52am On Mar 09, 2013
usef83: pls spoondar wher ar u,am xpectin a respond on m question..pls pls pls.d scan test i did concernin my wife pragnancy which i want to update kcc d scan result doesnt reveal d sex of d baby can i still send like or i shud wait n redo anoda one..pls i nid ur reply very urgent.
Just send the results just the way you got them because even them they know about a foetus growth in the womb but if you feel that it has to show then wait so the choice is yours here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loveshowgirl1(f): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks guys, since the majority have insisted I maintain my SINGLE status during my interview day, I'll do so. Since I got ring prints on my fingers I guess if ever am asked, I could say I am engaged like @tzetzefly advised? Am a newbie here so all your opinions would be welcome as my date for interview is just around the corner. More comments from anyone else with experience pls. Thanks guys, you guys are awesome. Good morning to you all.

Lolo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:55am On Mar 09, 2013
Leripa:
I guess what he meant is that he finished (passed out) secondary school in 2007 without writing WAEC but rather sat for NECO, which was free then.
My advise is that he should first collect his testimonial from his secondary school and go with the NECO result to the embassy. He should be fine that way.
Thank you, i guess it is because i am not from Naija so sometimes i get the questions twisted grin

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2013
demmiereal:
Passed out means GRADUATE (verb) in Nigerian English
grin grin grin very nice. Thank you for the update
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Thanks guys, since the majority have insisted I maintain my SINGLE status during my interview day, I'll do so. Since I got ring prints on my fingers I guess if ever am asked, I could say I am engaged like @tzetzefly advised? Am a newbie here so all your opinions would be welcome as my date for interview is just around the corner. More comments from anyone else with experience pls. Thanks guys, you guys are awesome. Good morning to you all.
Lolo.
grin grin grin You mean they do ring prints on your fingers in Nigeria or you have them on your fingers My dear it wont change anything if you remove them for just a while but again you can put them on the CO might not even notice them. I wish you a very smooth interview when your day approaches.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loveshowgirl1(f): 7:27am On Mar 09, 2013
Spoondar: grin grin grin You mean they do ring prints on your fingers in Nigeria or you have them on your fingers My dear it wont change anything if you remove them for just a while but again you can put them on the CO might not even notice them. I wish you a very smooth interview when your day approaches.

@Spoondar, I am not sure if they do finger prints as I haven't gone for my interview yet. Am just asking, because I got ring prints and I have heard of ppl being denied the visa for lying about the ring prints on them. Don't wanna be in that category.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loveshowgirl1(f): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2013
Gentiger:

Since my interview is too close, I think the single status would be better cos my husband won't even be in Nigeria in a couple of weeks. Thanks all same.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:38am On Mar 09, 2013
Leripa:

You are very much correct.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.