Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,860 members, 7,922,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:43 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937058 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 6:38pm On May 05, 2013
HEllo house have been going through this page for the past two days I checked my dv yesterday I was selected but have a little problem.While filling the DVD lottery I filled in that am single which I am now and o filled in that i got no kid but I got a kid and he bears my name I want to include him in my d 220 what's you opinion?help needed here thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 7:15pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: HEllo house have been going through this page for the past two days I checked my dv yesterday I was selected but have a little problem.While filling the DVD lottery I filled in that am single which I am now and o filled in that i got no kid but I got a kid and he bears my name I want to include him in my d 220 what's you opinion?help needed here thanks
You have ruined d child,s opportunity of obtaining a green card....maintain ur status quo or risk being denied....wonder why u omitted ur child's name in d first place... Just don't make d mistake of including d child...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 7:33pm On May 05, 2013
The person that filled the form told me that is good to fill in that am single n got no kid that it increases my chances of getting it
026IX: You have ruined d child,s opportunity of obtaining a green card....maintain ur status quo or risk being denied....wonder why u omitted ur child's name in d first place... Just don't make d mistake of including d child...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 7:39pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: The person that filled the form told me that is good to fill in that am single n got no kid that it increases my chances of getting it

Get married and claim the child is your husband's from his previous marriage. You can marry me....LOL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 7:42pm On May 05, 2013
Lol nice one but what of his name
kdgom66:

Get married and claim the child is your husband's from his previous marriage. You can marry me....LOL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 7:49pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: Lol nice one but what of his name

He will bear your husband's name. He can change his name latter. It is still better than leaving your child behind.

Only his surname will change anyway...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 8:09pm On May 05, 2013
Can I marry my sisters son his of age n her bears the same name with me
kdgom66:

He will bear your husband's name. He can change his name latter. It is still better than leaving your child behind.

Only his surname will change anyway...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 8:13pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: Can I marry my sisters son his of age n her bears the same name with me

Don't kill me with laughter...LOL. Your sister's son ke? How can anyone believe you. Abeg you can't eat your cake and still have it. Find someone old enough to be the father of the child.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 8:23pm On May 05, 2013
How old is he? Perhaps I'll marry you afterall...LOL. You can try your luck by including the name of the child and going with him. God may just favour you. The rules say a DV selectee must have an high school diploma(that is, WAEC), yet I read the story of a guy who had only primary school education and was given his visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2013
please i advice dont risk thing. please be careful
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:52pm On May 05, 2013
edimop: roody....am api u r back fully..........oluwa is fully involved.wil ping u rit away.....roody......I pingd u,buh showing ur BIS isn't
active.....mayb wen u come on fb we talk.....

Av reply u bozz.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 10:06pm On May 05, 2013
Pls do what you think is best for you. As for me, I know there is no certainty in life. Life itself is a risk. DV lottery is luck, pure and simple. You are not even guaranteed of being issued a visa after winning. One must take his chances.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 05, 2013
A FRIEND JUST TOLD ME TO TELLY DAD TO REMARRY MY MOM AT ANY COURT CLOSE TO US.IS A GOOD IDEA ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 11:04pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: Can I marry my sisters son his of age n her bears the same name with me

Maintain your status. If you get married after the release of the DV lottery result, your chances of getting the Visa is very narrow. But if you maintain that you are single and meet all the requirement, you stand a better chance of getting the visa. Your son in question was definately born before you played the lottery so including him now will automatically ruin your chances. You can file for your son after you have gotten the visa. Be wise.... Don`t gamble with the opportunity....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 11:22pm On May 05, 2013
Please Mr Albert explain to me more what you mean by file?
Allybert:

Maintain your status. If you get married after the release of the DV lottery result, your chances of getting the Visa is very narrow. But if you maintain that you are single and meet all the requirement, you stand a better chance of getting the visa. Your son in question was definately born before you played the lottery so including him now will automatically ruin your chances. You can file for your son after you have gotten the visa. Be wise.... Don`t gamble with the opportunity....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 11:31pm On May 05, 2013
Allybert:

She can file for the son she does not have when she was granted the greencard? Better be truthful or outsmart them. Once you claim you do not have a son, then you do not have a son. They have your information for life and will review it if and when you file for anybody in the future. I have been fillowing this thread for a long time now, getting married after you won does not diminish your chances. They don't expect your life to stop just because you won the lottery. That is why they ask one to update them if one's status changes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2013
kdgom66:

She can file for the son she does not have when she was granted the greencard? Better be truthful or outsmart them. Once you claim you do not have a son, then you do not have a son. They have your information for life and will review it if and when you file for anybody in the future. I have been fillowing this thread for a long time now, getting married after you won does not diminish your chances. They don't expect your life to stop just because you won the lottery. That is why they ask one to update them if one's status changes.
@kdgom pls stop advising ppl wrongly here...she wil be denied if she add the son...let her maintain single and filled for her son later,if u include ur son after u hav won as single they wil see it as fraud...be wise n dont miss ur opportunity
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 12:39am On May 06, 2013
So are you saying I should go and live my son behind without having the hope of him coming here with me
jaspa400: @kdgom pls stop advising ppl wrongly here...she wil be denied if she add the son...let her maintain single and filled for her son later,if u include ur son after u hav won as single they wil see it as fraud...be wise n dont miss ur opportunity
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 1:21am On May 06, 2013
@ Cindybella and ik.swiss, it obvious both of you have a similar issue, this is a perfect example that can pass a case study. who knows, maybe we are being too engross by the laws lately or too careful of what can actually be of advantage.
Here is my opinion: both of you should choose separately from the options below.
1. Add a beneficiary to your current status.
2. Maintain your current status.
Consider the options carefully before making your choice, chose which is most preferred by you and stand to take responsibility of the outcome of your decision.
Your experience we serve as a better teacher. All the best as you make a life changing decision.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 6:57am On May 06, 2013
Thanks I saw a guys comment too that said getting married please can u get married to one of my relation that bears the same name with me
YessWeeCan: @ Cindybella and ik.swiss, it obvious both of you have a similar issue, this is a perfect example that can pass a case study. who knows, maybe we are being too engross by the laws lately or too careful of what can actually be of advantage.
Here is my opinion: both of you should choose separately from the options below.
1. Add a beneficiary to your current status.
2. Maintain your current status.
Consider the options carefully before making your choice, chose which is most preferred by you and stand to take responsibility of the outcome of your decision.
Your experience we serve as a better teacher. All the best as you make a life changing decision.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 7:59am On May 06, 2013
cindybella: Thanks I saw a guys comment too that said getting married please can u get married to one of my relation that bears the same name with me
If option (1) is what you are considering, you can make it count.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 8:23am On May 06, 2013
@all Good morning. My interview is next month. Can someone please help me to breakdown their experience on finance...especially on all the required documents done. From criminal to visa fee. Thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 10:01am On May 06, 2013
Thanks brother am gonna take my son for the interview but not on Nigeria it will be in UAE cos a friend told me that us embassy is very strict in Nigeria
YessWeeCan: If option (1) is what you are considering, you can make it count.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missbelle: 11:45am On May 06, 2013
Mine is 22nd may.
Kunlexymoore: Mine is 21st May
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seye4God: 1:05pm On May 06, 2013
kaygee1977: @all Good morning. My interview is next month. Can someone please help me to breakdown their experience on finance...especially on all the required documents done. From criminal to visa fee. Thank you

Police certificate is N5,000 per head
Hospital bill N12,000 for adult; N7,000 for children
Vaccination and others medications costs are depend on what and what you are given.
Visa fees $330 = N60,000 each (though, it is lesser to that)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2013
missbelle: Mine is 22nd may.
mine is 19th june
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bibi007: 1:45pm On May 06, 2013
@cindybella, pls be wise not to include ur son in d present form u are filling otherwise u risk ur chance of getting d visa.and moreover present only genuine documents its a saving grace.the best option is file for him him later if u get d visa. I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, ARE U LEGALLY MARRIED?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:58pm On May 06, 2013
CINDYBELLA

DURING THE INITIAL ENTRY IT STATES THAT You must list all your living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. A spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident will not require or be issued a DV visa. Failure to comply with this instruction can result in the disqualification of your entry.

RULES are the same everywhere even here in my country, but if you want to spoil your chance go ahead and include the child.

This might be the last DV please enter as single and without the child, when you get to the US eventually away will come you never know, people are allowed to adopt kids and you might work on this. Dont throw away a chance you have for the last time.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ezo4fta(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2013
odunmanuel: Rudboy, sickness is nt ur portion,i wish u now-now recovery. D Lord is ur strenght. Al our prayers here in dis forum shal work 4 u IJN

@roodboy...the bible said by HIS stripes we are healed...in the name of JESUS I pronounce u healed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ezo4fta(m): 3:14pm On May 06, 2013
odunmanuel: Rudboy, sickness is nt ur portion,i wish u now-now recovery. D Lord is ur strenght. Al our prayers here in dis forum shal work 4 u IJN

@roodboy...the bible said, by HIS stripes we are healed...in the name of JESUS I pronounce u healed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.