Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,446 members, 7,891,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:46 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931940 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 3:40am On May 20, 2013
missannie: Congra2lations!!! 26days Wow!!! That's beautiful. So what is next?
Do you apply for SSN Before OR After you recieve the Green Card? Am in Texas & it 22days now & am yet to get my Green Card. Pls answer, Thanks.

Thanks Missannie, well I am now eligible to work, so I have started applying for work, though I am still awaiting my result evaluation from WES. you can apply for your SSN before your green card arrives, that was what I did and I received my SSN within Ten working days. just find out from people in Texas because what is applicable in my state (Pennsylvania) may not be applicable in yours.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by phabulousgpikin: 3:46am On May 20, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

Thanks Missannie, well I am now eligible to work, so I have started applying for work, though I am still awaiting my result evaluation from WES. you can apply for your SSN before your green card arrives, that was what I did and I received my SSN within Ten working days. just find out from people in Texas because what is applicable in my state (Pennsylvania) may not be applicable in yours.

Thnks & God bless u!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 4:45am On May 20, 2013
helooo house if one's police report expires aFter 3month before travelling to the state, will that pose a threat on your POE.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 4:48am On May 20, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

mr unique, can u give me ur facebook name, i will like to add you for updates on wat i should know about pennsylvania becos that my POE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 4:54am On May 20, 2013
MEMBERS OUT THERE IN THE STATE, IS THERE ANY NEED FOR ONE TO COLLECT THE DRIVERS LICENSE IN NIGERIA AND BRING IT DOWN TO THE STATE? IS IT RELEVANT AND USEFUL AT ALL?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:09am On May 20, 2013
genlion: MEMBERS OUT THERE IN THE STATE, IS THERE ANY NEED FOR ONE TO COLLECT THE DRIVERS LICENSE IN NIGERIA AND BRING IT DOWN TO THE STATE? IS IT RELEVANT AND USEFUL AT ALL?
as for texas ooooo,just learn how to drive before you come here,it would make your driving easier and cheaper.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:06am On May 20, 2013
@ Scopy my man,its me Sam ur guy.I tink u shuld write dat OND in full on de space provided.Dnt check high school diploma if u're using OND as ur Highest educational qualification.Welcome to de houz man
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:21am On May 20, 2013
genlion: MEMBERS OUT THERE IN THE STATE, IS THERE ANY NEED FOR ONE TO COLLECT THE DRIVERS LICENSE IN NIGERIA AND BRING IT DOWN TO THE STATE? IS IT RELEVANT AND USEFUL AT ALL?

Depending on the state. If you have your Drivers licence from Nigeria and pass your written DMV exam in California, you will be allowed 3 months drivers license pending when you do your behind the wheel test. If after 3 months you haven't yet done behind the wheel test, it gets revoked and your driving status reverts to ordinary driving permit, meaning you can't drive without a licensed driver sitting with you in the front.

I strongly recommend you get it if you can. You may need it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:06am On May 20, 2013
Thomby2k12:
Thanks bro. How long does it take to get a reply from the embassy?

It could take a week,two or a month. This is not the best time to reschedule.There are two months remaining, we don't know if there are visas to warrant them making August and September ALL CURRENT.Don't shoot yourself by yourself.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:07am On May 20, 2013

In the States bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Thomby2k12(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2013
[quote author=Thomby2k12]
sorry
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:20am On May 20, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

am heading to pennsylvania..i will like to hv ur personal contact so dat we can relate beta...i hv tins to learn frm u...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Thomby2k12(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2013
Gentiger:

You're welcome.

My Gentiger, I sent the email to embassy that day, and this is the reply I got from them this morning:
"We need to know if you have completed your medical examination and have received your medical report, before your interview can be rescheduled". Why did they request for this? The e-mail address they used in replying me is different from "lagosIV@state.gov", should I click on reply button in the e-mail to reply them or should I compose a new e-mail using "lagosIV@state.gov"? Thanks for your anticipated answer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:53am On May 20, 2013
Thomby2k12:

My Gentiger, I sent the email to embassy that day, and this is the reply I got from them this morning:
"We need to know if you have completed your medical examination and have received your medical report, before your interview can be rescheduled". Why did they request for this? The e-mail address they used in replying me is different from "lagosIV@state.gov", should I click on reply button in the e-mail to reply them or should I compose a new e-mail using "lagosIV@state.gov"? Thanks for your anticipated answer.

Why do you want to reschedule? May be it is one of the conditions for them to allow you reschedule.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:26pm On May 20, 2013
Thomby2k12:

pls dont reschedule at this time of the procesing,its risky.Visa is almost exhausted. Do everything withing your means to go for the interview

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 12:34pm On May 20, 2013
hello house i greet everyone in the family once more, it been long that i have been away ,
i have just received my 2nl thanks be to God, i pray that those waiting for their 2nl to have it soon
and those going for interview to have a successful interview
i am from Cameroon and my interview is in July and i wish to go for medical and i call the lady
said is too early , can someone advice me ?i have long heard some body from Cameroon saying people in Cameroon should go for their medical earlier enough.
also do i need an affidavit of support and what type may be need is it the I-134
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2013
Thomby2k12:

They want to expedite action on your application. Reply immediately. If you have completed your medical, Let them know immediately. If you haven't, quickly go and do it before you reply.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2013
temmytanny: pls dont reschedule at this time of the procesing,its risky.Visa is almost exhausted. Do everything withing your means to go for the interview

He already missed his date. I have been following up on his case which was why he specifically asked me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by eddyma1: 3:07pm On May 20, 2013
Hello house.this is my first port.i commend u all for all ur great response.my interview is on wed 22nd.my wife won and myself and two kids are beneficiaries.but the challenge is our visa fees we still have $200 to complete. Can we fix another interview date to enable us get the cash ready.pls all advice is welcomed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2013
eddyma1: Hello house.this is my first port.i commend u all for all ur great response.my interview is on wed 22nd.my wife won and myself and two kids are beneficiaries.but the challenge is our visa fees we still have $200 to complete. Can we fix another interview date to enable us get the cash ready.pls all advice is welcomed

My brother, run around and raise the money. Talk to friends and relative. Sell valuables if you have to. Don't reschedule appointment at this critical moment except it's unavoidable.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 20, 2013
eddyma1: Hello house.this is my first port.i commend u all for all ur great response.my interview is on wed 22nd.my wife won and myself and two kids are beneficiaries.but the challenge is our visa fees we still have $200 to complete. Can we fix another interview date to enable us get the cash ready.pls all advice is welcomed

No,no reschedule! Go like that and they may ask to come and pay up later or sth. I think it has happened to someone.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 3:41pm On May 20, 2013
Good day house, Our (myself, Shewen4God and our baby girl) interview is tomorrow. We covet your prayers as we go for it. Thank you very much for your support.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 3:54pm On May 20, 2013
I pray to almighty God that you will come back here to give testimony in Jesus name. The VISA is yours and other.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 3:56pm On May 20, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Good day house, Our (myself, Shewen4God and our baby girl) interview is tomorrow. We covet your prayers as we go for it. Thank you very much for your support.

I pray to almighty God that you will come back here to give testimony in Jesus name. The VISA is yours and other.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 4:04pm On May 20, 2013
Please I beg you by all means get the balance before the day. You are almost there. The Lord that has helped you thus far will see you through. Dont reschedule it!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 4:06pm On May 20, 2013
remkay2012: I pray to almighty God that you will come back here to give testimony in Jesus name. The VISA is yours and other.
Amen!!! Thanks my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by eddyma1: 4:34pm On May 20, 2013
Thanks for the response God will see us through.i offered things 4 sell but the buyers are yet to bring in cash.pls join us in prayers.we will make it IJN.
ferdimako:

No,no reschedule! Go like that and they may ask to come and pay up later or sth. I think it has happened to someone.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Thomby2k12(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2013
Gentiger:

They want to expedite action on your application. Reply immediately. If you have completed your medical, Let them know immediately. If you haven't, quickly go and do it before you reply.
Thanks bro. My brother has completed his medical. God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
Thomby2k12:
Thanks bro. My brother has completed his medical. God bless you.

Then reply to their message. Let them know you've completed it. Specify the date if you have it. Keep copies of your correspondence and go to the interview with all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2013
eddyma1: Thanks for the response God will see us through.i offered things 4 sell but the buyers are yet to bring in cash.pls join us in prayers.we will make it IJN.

Your family will surely make ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ sha ALLAH
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uchechuwku: 6:15pm On May 20, 2013
This post might be useful for someone somewhere

dayokanu: Everywhere has its own challenges and Nowhere in the world do they pick money on tree.

But given the two places i would rather take my chances in America than in Nigeria. I have several success stories around me from guys who migrated to America recently and are doing very fine.

4 weeks ago I hosted 3 guys in my house whom I met through Nairaland. They all went to school in Nigeria and came to America in january 2010. Currently the least of them makes $70k a year. these guys have accent as thick as anyone there, But they are all in the IT field and they are very much in demand.(One currently makes $85k a yr and has another offer for $95k in another state).

last week I met up with a friend we left Nigeria the same time (2008) and he came to recruit for his company. A company reputed to be the Biggest investment bank in the World. He had a degree from UNILAG, Completed his masters in Mathematical Finance and he brushed himself up taking the CFA exam.

I have another friend who came to US in Fall 2010 he used to work with ARM in Nigeria, Came for his MBA at Wharton completed his MBA last May and CFA certified he makes over $130K a yr in a hedge fund in New Jersey.

There are thousands of Nigerians making it out there if you have the needed skills

There are jobs out there if you have the needed skillset. How come you rarely see people from India working low paying jobs? Are they not accented?

but when you go to Hospitals they are the Doctors, the Pharmacists, the Engineers they are on Wall street and they dominate IT fields? Thats because they have the needed skills to work

Imagine someone who went to kwara Poly with a degree in bankiing and Finance, Comes to America, What do you expect if you dont upgrade yourself?

www.nairaland.com/1132881/truth-living-abroad/2

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.