Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,414 members, 7,891,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:40 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931900 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:02am On May 23, 2013
femsoj: @Gentiger, the issue of government grant and loan you have been talking about, you have never make it clear to people that they needed to have resided in the state for at least one year before they can have access to the loan and grant to go back to school, or is there policy in California different from what is going on in other States?

I do not have to post those things, but I do it to help people. I do not claim to know all there is, but the little I know, I share to help others on their journey.

The rule you've specified applies to California residents too. The reason for that rule is to establish intent to permanently reside in your chosen state. That is the general rule.

However, if you read thru the document checklist, you see the exceptions to the general rule. It is clear for a layman to understand that if you can produce at least two of the required documents in both part A and B of the checklist , you're granted the same benefits as those who have met the one year rule, especially if you declare dependence on individuals who have met the one year rule such as parents or guardians . That's the exception. The said documents are relatively easy to procure if you're as inquisitive as I am.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Sakirasexy: 6:18am On May 23, 2013
Hello house,,please help me check if any thing is missing from the underlisted documents.
* police certificate .
* npc birth attesstation .
* international passport .
* testimonial .
* original gce result .
* original waec result .
* medical result .
* 2'2 passport photograph .
* am a single applicant with ssce as highest education .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Sakirasexy: 6:34am On May 23, 2013
Wich hotel is close to the embassy and is cheap
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 7:59am On May 23, 2013
Sakirasexy: Hello house,,please help me check if any thing is missing from the underlisted documents.
* police certificate .
* npc birth attesstation .
* international passport .
* testimonial .
* original gce result .
* original waec result .
* medical result .
* 2'2 passport photograph .
* am a single applicant with ssce as highest education .
are u presenting 2 result?is t for 2 sittings?besides,u r gud to go.....pls remember ur 2NL.....shud be included
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Seguneji(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2013
Good morn house, after sending my forms through email to kcc dy sent me an email too which states “
The information you provided will be included in your case file for review“ so pls house wot is d next step I shld take
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:31am On May 23, 2013
Haadunny: To God be the glory for great things he has done for me.I went for an interview last month,after the interview and the white man said i should go and pick my visa at lekki in 5 working days.i worship my maker that grant me mercy journey throughout the processing.

Congrats bro!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:31am On May 23, 2013
Shewen4God: Ao Great u are, ao great u are, agbanilagba tan, agbani lagbatan, agbani lagbatan oooo. God has done it for me nd my family(Kunlexymoore), gist Later.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:32am On May 23, 2013
ruomal: . I applied as single, gone for my interview and it was successful, pls I need somebody to advice me, can I do my marriage here or there. If I'm doing it here how will my spouse benefit from this gc? pls reply your suggestions will be of help. Thanks.

Congrats! Marry anywhere jor. Same difference.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:33am On May 23, 2013
missbelle: My God has cracked a coconut with an egg....vis approved...details coming up,

Congrats! GOD is faithful!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:34am On May 23, 2013
Kunlexymoore: First of all, I want to thank God for His faithfulness towards my family. My wife (Shewen4God)won the visa we both played as singles a week to our wedding. When the result came out, we needed to be sure she could add the rest of the family (we had a one month old baby then) to it, so we sent a mail to KCC which they replied in the affirmative. Then the journey began. We sent the forms to KCC including our marriage certificate, our daughters birth certificate and the likes as requested by them. We then started going through a number of forums online (including Nairaland)to learn especially from people in similar situations as ours (played as singles but later got married). A particular nairalanders testimony (Imcool) is worthy of note and really encouraged us likewise many others.

Now to the testimony. Our interview was yesterday. We had a 10am appointment so we got there at about 8am. We were asked to wait under the tree till about 9:30am for immigrants call-up. We knew we had a challenge of how to feed our 1 year old baby since we were not allowed to go in with liquids. That was later sorted out as we had to drop the baby's bag with someone after the third attempts when we were called to line up by 9:30am. We went through the normal security checks and were given an initial tally number and my wife (the primary applicant was given a form to fill). We were later led through another security checks (airport style) into the main hall after handing another tag to us. We later went to pay at window 22 and then my wife's name was called at Windows 17 where we submitted our documents. My own credentials were not asked for at all (other than my medical report, police report and birth certificate) except my wife's since she was the primary applicant. Close to two hours later, our number beeped on Window 13 (the nicest of them all I believe and a bit elderly). Window 16 was shut "
'permanently'. The interview lasted just a little above 10mins. Though he asked a number of questions, they were straightforward questions. Our interview experience went like this:

CO: (Addressing the two of us) Raise your hands and swear that you are going to say nothing but the truth
Both of us: Yes we will!
Then we did the fingerprint stuff.
CO: (Talking to my wife) You give the baby (who was already sleeping - interceeding for us smiley) to your husband.
I was asked to sit somewhere. The good thing was my wife was audible enough as requested by the CO so I had an idea of the questions asked.
CO: Why do you want to go to America?
Wife (Shewen4God): I like to go to America to learn new things, contribute my quota and also help people; which I love doing.
CO: What are you doing presently?
Wife: Since I stopped work due to the marriage policy of our company, I focused on and concluded my MBA programme last year and since then I've been looking for job while learning some new trades like hairmaking and beads making
CO: What's your highest qualification?
Wife: I wrote PGD on the form sent to KCC but I now have my MBA
CO: Where did you meet your husband?
Wife: We met in my former office in 2009. We were colleagues.
CO: Did you play the lottery together?
Wife: No, we played separately as singles since we were not married then
CO: Where did you spend your honeymoon?
Wife: Ghana
Co: Oh I've not been to Ghana before
Wife: It's a nice place
CO: How long did you spend there?
Wife: 4days
CO: What other places has your husband been to?
Wife: Dubai
CO: For official purpose?
Wife: No, for vacation
CO: Has your husband married before and does he have other children other than your daughter?
Wife: No
Co: What about you?
CO: Please call your husband and have a seat

I took my turn and he confirmed the questions he asked my wife and few other ones from me
CO: How did you meet your wife?
Me: Met her through another colleague in her office and chatted her up
Co: Did you play the lottery as well?
Me: Yes I did. I did not win but my wife won
CO: Did you play it together?
Me: No we played separately
CO: Do you have some pictures of your wedding?
Me: Yes I do and brought out our wedding album and started opening the album
CO: Who is this? Where was it conducted? Is it a church? Where are your parents and hers?
Me: I answered him (Methodist Church) and showed him our parents picture
CO: Who made this album (Photobook)?
Me: My friend, he's a photographer
CO: Its nice
Me: Thank you sir
CO: What do you do where you work (bank)?
Me: Public Sector Department and described what we do

The CO then brought out two white sheet of paper and asked that I call my wife, which I did. He circled an address and asked that we pick up our visas next friday. We were so happy and my wife even shouted "God bless America" out of excitement and people sitting down had a good laugh. We bless God for His faithfulness from the beginning of this journey till now. Truly, like we say here....God is involved! We also like to thank good people in this forum who shared their testimonies, gave us wonderful advices and insights as regarding the various stages of processing. It made our job easy. Gentiger, Imcool, Demolang, Temmytanny, Godhelpmeoo, Neroxp (used your testimony as a prayer point), Spoonder, Jamaicanlady, Odunmanuel, Mercy 2013, Chuk 87, Kevwe_flex, Roodboy, Junkerhill and many of you guys too numerous to mention. Welldone and I say God bless you. See you @ the top!

Congrats bro!!! We will see at the top!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2013
I AWAITED MY INTERVIEW WITH IMPATIENCE BUT NOW THAT IT IS NEAR AFTER MY MEDICALS YEASTERDAY I HAVE SUDDENLY BECOME SO TENSE PLEASE CAN I KNOW THE DESEASES THAT CAN DISQUALIFY ME MY INTERVIEW IS ON THE FIRST THANKS AND I WILL GLADLY WELCOME INTERVIEW EXPIRIENCE FROM CAMEROONIANS SO AS TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS HEAR undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
24en: hello house i greet everyone in the family once more, it been long that i have been away ,
i have just received my 2nl thanks be to God, i pray that those waiting for their 2nl to have it soon
and those going for interview to have a successful interview
i am from Cameroon and my interview is in July and i wish to go for medical and i call the lady
said is too early , can someone advice me ?i have long heard some body from Cameroon saying people in Cameroon should go for their medical earlier enough.
also do i need an affidavit of support and what type may be need is it the I-134

Hey 2e, I'm also a cameroonian, I was at the medical center get informations and I was to come two week before my interview but I will be there 3weeks before. Our fellow cameroon had that problem bcoz the Dr was out of the country, we know its not serious for Dr to do that. I'm program for July as well with my family. Affidavit is not really necessay but if host can provide one is good, it better to have than not to have. Be bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 10:06am On May 23, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Hey 2e, I'm also a cameroonian, I was at the medical center get informations and I was to come two week before my interview but I will be there 3weeks before. Our fellow cameroon had that problem bcoz the Dr was out of the country, we know its not serious for Dr to do that. I'm program for July as well with my family. Affidavit is not really necessay but if host can provide one is good, it better to have than not to have. Be bless
dear fiend do you have any idea of a furum where i can see interview expiriences from cameroon?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 11:59am On May 23, 2013
Kunlexymoore: First of all, I want to thank God for His faithfulness towards my family. My wife (Shewen4God)won the visa we both played as singles a week to our wedding. When the result came out, we needed to be sure she could add the rest of the family (we had a one month old baby then) to it, so we sent a mail to KCC which they replied in the affirmative. Then the journey began. We sent the forms to KCC including our marriage certificate, our daughters birth certificate and the likes as requested by them. We then started going through a number of forums online (including Nairaland)to learn especially from people in similar situations as ours (played as singles but later got married). A particular nairalanders testimony (Imcool) is worthy of note and really encouraged us likewise many others.

Now to the testimony. Our interview was yesterday. We had a 10am appointment so we got there at about 8am. We were asked to wait under the tree till about 9:30am for immigrants call-up. We knew we had a challenge of how to feed our 1 year old baby since we were not allowed to go in with liquids. That was later sorted out as we had to drop the baby's bag with someone after the third attempts when we were called to line up by 9:30am. We went through the normal security checks and were given an initial tally number and my wife (the primary applicant was given a form to fill). We were later led through another security checks (airport style) into the main hall after handing another tag to us. We later went to pay at window 22 and then my wife's name was called at Windows 17 where we submitted our documents. My own credentials were not asked for at all (other than my medical report, police report and birth certificate) except my wife's since she was the primary applicant. Close to two hours later, our number beeped on Window 13 (the nicest of them all I believe and a bit elderly). Window 16 was shut "
'permanently'. The interview lasted just a little above 10mins. Though he asked a number of questions, they were straightforward questions. Our interview experience went like this:

CO: (Addressing the two of us) Raise your hands and swear that you are going to say nothing but the truth
Both of us: Yes we will!
Then we did the fingerprint stuff.
CO: (Talking to my wife) You give the baby (who was already sleeping - interceeding for us smiley) to your husband.
I was asked to sit somewhere. The good thing was my wife was audible enough as requested by the CO so I had an idea of the questions asked.
CO: Why do you want to go to America?
Wife (Shewen4God): I like to go to America to learn new things, contribute my quota and also help people; which I love doing.
CO: What are you doing presently?
Wife: Since I stopped work due to the marriage policy of our company, I focused on and concluded my MBA programme last year and since then I've been looking for job while learning some new trades like hairmaking and beads making
CO: What's your highest qualification?
Wife: I wrote PGD on the form sent to KCC but I now have my MBA
CO: Where did you meet your husband?
Wife: We met in my former office in 2009. We were colleagues.
CO: Did you play the lottery together?
Wife: No, we played separately as singles since we were not married then
CO: Where did you spend your honeymoon?
Wife: Ghana
Co: Oh I've not been to Ghana before
Wife: It's a nice place
CO: How long did you spend there?
Wife: 4days
CO: What other places has your husband been to?
Wife: Dubai
CO: For official purpose?
Wife: No, for vacation
CO: Has your husband married before and does he have other children other than your daughter?
Co: What about you?
CO: Please call your husband and have a seat

I took my turn and he confirmed the questions he asked my wife and few other ones from me
CO: How did you meet your wife?
Me: Met her through another colleague in her office and chatted her up
Co: Did you play the lottery as well?
Me: Yes I did. I did not win but my wife won
CO: Did you play it together?
Me: No we played separately
CO: Do you have some pictures of your wedding?
Me: Yes I do and brought out our wedding album and started opening the album
CO: Who is this? Where was it conducted? Is it a church? Where are your parents and hers?
Me: I answered him (Methodist Church) and showed him our parents picture
CO: Who made this album (Photobook)?
Me: My friend, he's a photographer
CO: Its nice
Me: Thank you sir
CO: What do you do where you work (bank)?
Me: Public Sector Department and described what we do

The CO then brought out two white sheet of paper and asked that I call my wife, which I did. He circled an address and asked that we pick up our visas next friday. We were so happy and my wife even shouted "God bless America" out of excitement and people sitting down had a good laugh. We bless God for His faithfulness from the beginning of this journey till now. Truly, like we say here....God is involved! We also like to thank good people in this forum who shared their testimonies, gave us wonderful advices and insights as regarding the various stages of processing. It made our job easy. Gentiger, Imcool, Demolang, Temmytanny, Godhelpmeoo, Neroxp (used your testimony as a prayer point), Spoonder, Jamaicanlady, Odunmanuel, Mercy 2013, Chuk 87, Kevwe_flex, Roodboy, Junkerhill and many of you guys too numerous to mention. Welldone and I say God bless you. See you @ the top!

Congrats to your family. We taping from ur success
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 12:10pm On May 23, 2013
lorddom: dear fiend do you have any idea of a furum where i can see interview expiriences from cameroon?
undecided undecided undecided
It very difficult to see Cameroonian Interviews they do not post or come to forums. Check this person posting he is Cameroonian "laura da brat" and Yembe2013 they have posted their experiences
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 12:16pm On May 23, 2013
Favourablegirl:
It very difficult to see Cameroonian Interviews they do not post or come to forums. Check this person posting he is Cameroonian "laura da brat" and Yembe2013 they have posted their experiences

Is there any one in the forum who have gone for the interview who have child who above 16 yrs. I which to Know are they interviewed. Please I need to know.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jonnywalker: 12:52pm On May 23, 2013
@gentiger.pls can i still use de temporary visa to enroll even if there is a problem with my alien number?
i will never give up,i'll keep walkin till i succeed cos i come from africa n where im comin from,we are like lions

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 1:43pm On May 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

on personal note, I prefer typing than using pen but the choice is yours.
@adesojiaderemi pls i have a challenge in completing my supplemental registration form DSP- 122. Asking where i intend to live and d person's address who leaves there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 1:50pm On May 23, 2013
Timika: @adesojiaderemi pls i have a challenge in completing my supplemental registration form DSP- 122. Asking where i intend to live and d person's address who leaves there.
Do you know anyone in the states? If yes use his or her address coz thats where they will mail your greencard. If not I gez you will have to find an alternative option.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2013
Favourablegirl:
you are a true brother can you tell me the page of dabrat an yembe
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 8:02pm On May 23, 2013
Hello house, hope everyone is in good spirit. Na hustle I dey hustle since o no be say I forget una.... I finally bought tickets for myself and family tru an agent for Air Emirates to Houston TX, via Dubai(only 1hr 45mins transit).. We are actually heading to Mississippi but Delta air fare for one person was more than wat I paid for two... And its only $150 from Houston to Jackson Mississippi... I paid N150,500 for each adult and N17000 for my 18months old daughter... I already made hotel reservations for 3 nights in houston cos I wanna experience d city and compare with where we are heading... Ibo man to d core, no dulling...na greener "pastures" we dey find... I wish all those dat are waitin for one thing or the other a huge success in everything...God almighty the one and only Jehovah will surely perfect our ways in the name of Jesus Christ....if u blieve say a big Amen...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2013
femsoj: @Gentiger, the issue of government grant and loan you have been talking about, you have never make it clear to people that they needed to have resided in the state for at least one year before they can have access to the loan and grant to go back to school, or is there policy in California different from what is going on in other States?

I wonder oooo, i dint want to look for trouble thats why i kept quiet,He claimed to have benefited from it after just arriving in US less than 4months. Well, in US anything can Happen grin grin
@All,i will keep syaing you should always verify any info you get here before concluding,i will keep saying this cos not all what you get here is true.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 23, 2013
026IX: Hello house, hope everyone is in good spirit. Na hustle I dey hustle since o no be say I forget una.... I finally bought tickets for myself and family tru an agent for Air Emirates to Houston TX, via Dubai(only 1hr 45mins transit).. We are actually heading to Mississippi but Delta air fare for one person was more than wat I paid for two... And its only $150 from Houston to Jackson Mississippi... I paid N150,500 for each adult and N17000 for my 18months old daughter... I already made hotel reservations for 3 nights in houston cos I wanna experience d city and compare with where we are heading... Ibo man to d core, no dulling...na greener pastors we dey find... I wish all those dat are waitin for one thing or the other a huge success in everything...God almighty the one and only Jehovah will surely perfect our ways in the name of Jesus Christ....if u blieve say a big Amen...

All the best Ibo man.....greener pastor! Haha.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 23, 2013
lorddom: you are a true brother can you tell me the page of dabrat an yembe

That, should be your only job.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 8:51pm On May 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations k.
Thanks my guy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 9:03pm On May 23, 2013
kdgom66:

Congratulations. I have been wondering what took you so long. Glad to know you brought good news. Welcome to America!
Thanks my person. Was so tired that day and had to resume work the next day sharperly! smileyWe really bless God. Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 9:10pm On May 23, 2013
ferdimako:

All the best Ibo man.....greener pastor! Haha.
hahahaha...... Na wa for u ooo... Person no dey make mistake again.... Greener PASTURES jare lolz
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 9:26pm On May 23, 2013
026IX: Hello house, hope everyone is in good spirit. Na hustle I dey hustle since o no be say I forget una.... I finally bought tickets for myself and family tru an agent for Air Emirates to Houston TX, via Dubai(only 1hr 45mins transit).. We are actually heading to Mississippi but Delta air fare for one person was more than wat I paid for two... And its only $150 from Houston to Jackson Mississippi... I paid N150,500 for each adult and N17000 for my 18months old daughter... I already made hotel reservations for 3 nights in houston cos I wanna experience d city and compare with where we are heading... Ibo man to d core, no dulling...na greener pastors we dey find... I wish all those dat are waitin for one thing or the other a huge success in everything...God almighty the one and only Jehovah will surely perfect our ways in the name of Jesus Christ....if u blieve say a big Amen...
. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 23, 2013
026IX: hahahaha...... Na wa for u ooo... Person no dey make mistake again.... Greener PASTURES jare lolz

Much better.Hahaha...I needed to be sure so that I can tell the story accurately.Hahaha.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2013
026IX: hahahaha...... Na wa for u ooo... Person no dey make mistake again.... Greener PASTURES jare lolz
Bro nothing do you, even if na greener POPE all join, inasmuch money speaks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 10:01pm On May 23, 2013
ferdimako:

That, should be your only job.
I DON ASK U ANY QUESTION MR PONK NOSE angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:02pm On May 23, 2013
Shewen4God: Glory be to God Almighty, only him is worthy of our praises. I want to appreciate my lovely hubby(Kunlexymoore)for his support,encouragement nd d teaching aspect. May God bless u more for us. My forumite, it is God oooo, God went before us, his grace and favour was there with us. Thanks to everyone for all ur contributions and prayers.
Thank God my sweetheart and thank you too. God bless you real good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.