Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,417 members, 7,891,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:46 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (931903 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 5:04pm On May 24, 2013
jamicanlady:

Pls if u applied as single n didn't marry b4 d result came out, it is better u maintain ur status as single. You cannot include him cos that section of the form is meant for persons u included as beneficiaries in ur initial DV application.

ok. thanks. i tink i will maitain my status den.

he will join leta. aw do go about d follow up.

cos it was an agent dat apply for me
i just fill d form gave it to him, he filled it for him nd he checked my result for me which i am selected.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 5:37pm On May 24, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

ok. thanks. i tink i will maitain my status den.

he will join leta. aw do go about d follow up.

cos it was an agent dat apply for me
i just fill d form gave it to him, he filled it for him nd he checked my result for me which i am selected.
u can wait until after ur weding in july b4 sending dd form. Dt time u can filld form for him as well. Just get ready to proof ur marriage and relationship with pictures and other forms, letters....gud luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2013
Gud day house,its been awhile.na work ooooo.i mised u guys so much,i pray dat evrybody wil get d visa and we wil al make gud in d states(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 5:56pm On May 24, 2013
hi every body, when some one searches his visa status, through this site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

what is the difference between administrative processing and ready, the case of some one was first administrative processing then he got ready, with out any reply from the embassy.

i look forward your repy

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
mohamed shire: hi every body, when some one searches his visa status, through this site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

what is the difference between administrative processing and ready, the case of some one was first administrative processing then he got ready, with out any reply from the embassy.

i look forward your repy

I think that means the visa has been approved.Congrats to the person. But I thought you have that issue.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 24, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Please we are here to help each other do not insult and please if you want to correct ur brother or sister do it the polite way, no one is holder of all knowledge. We goinig through this forum to gather information and success stories not insult or I know than you. For God sake, God who love us and who is ready to help us in mistake let answer our brothers and sisters with love and peace. Be bless

I told that guy to have it (checking the pages those experiences were contained) as his only job. He began ranting.When a CO asks you,your date of birth and your age...rant about that too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:38pm On May 24, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

congrats bro' hapi for u.

pls, i nid ur help. ur case is similar to mine..... i was selected, buh my spouse is not.
can i include his name to d person i wld like to accompany to USA?
pls, enlight on how u did urs. thanks. our wedding is coming up in july

If you haven't sent your forms to KCC yet, then hold on. Take your guy to the altar. Document the whole process, then send your forms to KCC as married. Include your spouses details. You have done nothing wrong. Your visa won't be denied in that basis. But if you have already sent your form to KCC as a single and now want to update them that you're married, you risk being denied. Goodluck!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:41pm On May 24, 2013
mohamed shire: hi every body, when some one searches his visa status, through this site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

i look forward your repy

It means the administrative process is over. They're ready with an outcome which could be visa approved or denial based on the outcome.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 10:27pm On May 24, 2013
Yusmash00: Congratulation.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 10:27pm On May 24, 2013
monsieursam64: @kunlexymoore; congrats to you and ur family.
@missbelle; congrats.
All The Glory must be to the LORD!
For any member in d house who will be having his/her interview very soon or later on, RELAX, for GOD has fought the battle for us.
Thank you my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:50pm On May 24, 2013
Heloo house, if on the course of one medical examination, it was dis covered dat one is havin Ulcer or any other ailment, will ur interview be postpone becos of the medical treatment u might receive
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:05pm On May 24, 2013
nero xp: @ Kunlexymoore,wow! Dis is realy great nd am very hapy 4 u nd ur wife.I personally welcome una to America,wit lots of luv nd hapy life.Tanx any way,am flattered joor... grin
@ Misbelle,congratulatin u for ur Visa approval.Welcome to America$$$
Thank you o Nero XP. Don't be flattered o, Myself and my wife read ur testimony together and we were really blessed especially the part u said your mother prayed for you and said the Windows 16 woman (or indeed anyone that would make ur interview difficult) will not show up. We keyed into it. Not only was Windows 16 shut, the elderly man that attended to us was very friendly.

My brothers and sisters, truly prayer works! I believe so much in hardwork and proper preparation but prayer seals it up. Like the Bible says, 'the horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory is of the Lord!". Let's hold steadfastly to God both now and when we get there!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:06pm On May 24, 2013
nero xp: I jst wana tank GOD,I hav received ma drivers license nd I just completed my CNA program successfully ystday.Am now a full time CNA officially,nd I wana tank GOD for all HE's been doin in ma lyf eva since I came to U.S...I also pray for HIS favour as I plan embarkin on the LVN program wen I must hav raised sum money...Cheers for a gud life all grin
Congratulations. What is LVN?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:06pm On May 24, 2013
Leripa: @missbelle and @kunlexymoore:
A big congratulations to you guys.
Welcome to America!!
Thank you Leripa.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:15pm On May 24, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

congrats bro' hapi for u.

pls, i nid ur help. ur case is similar to mine..... i was selected, buh my spouse is not.
can i include his name to d person i wld like to accompany to USA?
pls, enlight on how u did urs. thanks. our wedding is coming up in july
Yes you can. However, I will advise that u do that after your wedding so u can include your marriage certificate (and change of name) in your package to KSS. He should also fill the form as well. You can send KCC a mail for further clarification. That was what we did, though in our own case, we had wedded before the result came out. Yours is still acceptable as long as you can prove that your wedding is genuine.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:20pm On May 24, 2013
jamicanlady:

Pls if u applied as single n didn't marry b4 d result came out, it is better u maintain ur status as single. You cannot include him cos that section of the form is meant for persons u included as beneficiaries in ur initial DV application.
Not true!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:26pm On May 24, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: Gud day house,its been awhile.na work ooooo.i mised u guys so much,i pray dat evrybody wil get d visa and we wil al make gud in d states(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen. What do you do there?

For those of us already working in the US, I suggest you let us know the nature of your job and how you got it. This I believe will go a long way to help those still trying to get a job there and those coming over.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:33pm On May 24, 2013
genlion: Heloo house, if on the course of one medical examination, it was dis covered dat one is havin Ulcer or any other ailment, will ur interview be postpone becos of the medical treatment u might receive
If it is ulcer, I don't think that should pose any problem but for some other ailments like tuberculosis, syphilis etc some form of delay may be experienced.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:43pm On May 24, 2013
My people, I picked up our visas today barely three days after our interview! We're truly enjoying His favour and God indeed is awesome! America, here we come!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2013
Kunlexymoore: My people, I picked up our visas today barely three days after our interview! We're truly enjoying His favour and God indeed is awesome! America, here we come!!!
congratz bro....the lord that did urs wil do it for me....Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 7:34am On May 25, 2013
[quote author=Kunlexymoore]First of all, I want to thank God for His faithfulness towards my family. My wife (Shewen4God)won the visa we both played as singles a week to our wedding. When the result came out, we needed to be sure she could add the rest of the family (we had a one month old baby then) to it, so we sent a mail to KCC which they replied in the affirmative. Then the journey began. We sent the forms to KCC including our marriage certificate, our daughters birth certificate and the likes as requested by them. We then started going through a number of forums online (including Nairaland)to learn especially from people in similar situations as ours (played as singles but later got married). A particular nairalanders testimony (Imcool) is worthy of note and really encouraged us likewise many others.

Now to the testimony. Our interview was yesterday. We had a 10am appointment so we got there at about 8am. We were asked to wait under the tree till about 9:30am for immigrants call-up. We knew we had a challenge of how to feed our 1 year old baby since we were not allowed to go in with liquids. That was later sorted out as we had to drop the baby's bag with someone after the third attempts when we were called to line up by 9:30am. We went through the normal security checks and were given an initial tally number and my wife (the primary applicant was given a form to fill). We were later led through another security checks (airport style) into the main hall after handing another tag to us. We later went to pay at window 22 and then my wife's name was called at Windows 17 where we submitted our documents. My own credentials were not asked for at all (other than my medical report, police report and birth certificate) except my wife's since she was the primary applicant. Close to two hours later, our number beeped on Window 13 (the nicest of them all I believe and a bit elderly). Window 16 was shut "
'permanently'. The interview lasted just a little above 10mins. Though he asked a number of questions, they were straightforward questions. Our interview experience went like this:

CO: (Addressing the two of us) Raise your hands and swear that you are going to say nothing but the truth
Both of us: Yes we will!
Then we did the fingerprint stuff.
CO: (Talking to my wife) You give the baby (who was already sleeping - interceeding for us smiley) to your husband.
I was asked to sit somewhere. The good thing was my wife was audible enough as requested by the CO so I had an idea of the questions asked.
CO: Why do you want to go to America?
Wife (Shewen4God): I like to go to America to learn new things, contribute my quota and also help people; which I love doing.
CO: What are you doing presently?
Wife: Since I stopped work due to the marriage policy of our company, I focused on and concluded my MBA programme last year and since then I've been looking for job while learning some new trades like hairmaking and beads making
CO: What's your highest qualification?
Wife: I wrote PGD on the form sent to KCC but I now have my MBA
CO: Where did you meet your husband?
Wife: We met in my former office in 2009. We were colleagues.
CO: Did you play the lottery together?
Wife: No, we played separately as singles since we were not married then
CO: Where did you spend your honeymoon?
Wife: Ghana
Co: Oh I've not been to Ghana before
Wife: It's a nice place
CO: How long did you spend there?
Wife: 4days
CO: What other places has your husband been to?
Wife: Dubai
CO: For official purpose?
Wife: No, for vacation
CO: Has your husband married before and does he have other children other than your daughter?
Wife: No
Co: What about you?
Wife: No
CO: Please call your husband and have a seat

I took my turn and he confirmed the questions he asked my wife and few other ones from me
CO: How did you meet your wife?
Me: Met her through another colleague in her office and chatted her up
Co: Did you play the lottery as well?
Me: Yes I did. I did not win but my wife won
CO: Did you play it together?
Me: No we played separately
CO: Were you there when your daughter was born?
Me: Yes
CO: Do you have some pictures of your wedding?
Me: Yes I do and brought out our wedding album and started opening the album
CO: Who is this? Where was it conducted? Is it a church? Where are your parents and hers?
Me: I answered him (Methodist Church) and showed him our parents picture
CO: Who made this album (Photobook)?
Me: My friend, he's a photographer
CO: Its nice
Me: Thank you sir
CO: What do you do where you work (bank)?
Me: Public Sector Department and described what we do

The CO then brought out two white sheet of paper and asked that I call my wife, which I did. He circled an address and asked that we pick up our visas next friday. We were so happy and my wife even shouted "God bless America" out of excitement and people sitting down had a good laugh. We bless God for His faithfulness from the beginning of this journey till now. Truly, like we say here....God is involved! We also like to thank good people in this forum who shared their testimonies, gave us wonderful advices and insights as regarding the various stages of processing. It made our job easier. Gentiger, Imcool, Demolang (always there when we call), Temmytanny, Godhelpmeoo, Neroxp (used your testimony as a prayer point), Spoonder, Jamaicanlady, Odunmanuel, Mercy 2013, Chuk 87, Kevwe_flex, Roodboy, Junkerhill and many of you guys too numerous to mention. Welldone and I say God bless you. See you @ the top!

Congrat broz.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by worry359(m): 7:59am On May 25, 2013
[size=14pt]Something that everyone should take from Kunlexymoore post!!!!![/size]

He was HONEST on his application!!!
So many Nigerians spend their life living a lie and get caught out.
Be honest with life and rewards will come.
Live a pack of lies and your days will be filled with thunder fire.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 8:53am On May 25, 2013
nero xp: I jst wana tank GOD,I hav received ma drivers license nd I just completed my CNA program successfully ystday.Am now a full time CNA officially,nd I wana tank GOD for all HE's been doin in ma lyf eva since I came to U.S...I also pray for HIS favour as I plan embarkin on the LVN program wen I must hav raised sum money...Cheers for a gud life all grin

Congrats NERO XP
i wish u well
the Lord is ur strength
How long does the CNA last
and how mucg does ut cost
cheers
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2013
Hello, where is Mercy 2013..........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:31am On May 25, 2013
worry 359: [size=14pt]Something that everyone should take from rood boy post!!!!![/size]

He was HONEST on his application!!!
So many Nigerians spend their life living a lie and get caught out.
Be honest with life and rewards will come.
Live a pack of lies and your days will be filled with thunder fire.

That's not rood boy's.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 9:47am On May 25, 2013
Hello Please where is junkerhill
its been long hope he is fine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Thank you very much my brother and I say amen!!! to your prayers. Yes o, we stuck to the word and we got the testimony. Favour truly was with us from the processing stages to the interview day and like you prayed till we get to America and even whilst there and beyond. A lot of people were happy for us while some were skeptical saying "there's nothing in America...don't leave your job o" but I trust God that His favour and mercy will see me through and stand me out over there in America. The same I pray for ALL Nairalander, especially those of us in this forum. We shall all continue to share testimonies upon testimonies in Jesus name.
Feel free to ask any question my brother and by His grace we shall be able to tackle it. Go and possess yours as well IJN. Regards.

Thanks my brother for really acknowledging me. God that started will surely see to it that all goes well. And for those that say, "there's nothing in America...don't leave your job o" are just saying their opinion which they are entitled to. The decision is yours. If they were in your shoes, they would be the first to grab such opportunity. I will certainly do ask any questions. Pls is it necessary to include primary school leaving cert or primary school testimonial or both? Then is it also necessary to have tertiary school cert or just the statement of result?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shewen4God: 10:29am On May 25, 2013
jamicanlady:

Pls if u applied as single n she nt gotten marry b4 d result came out, it is better u maintain ur status as single. You cannot include him cos that section of the form is meant for persons u included as beneficiaries in ur initial DV application.
This nt true my sis, I played it as single den b4 I gt married, wht I did was to send mail to KCC dt my status as changed nd they replied me to prove it to them, I even had a baby after. Jst let her contact them after her wedding bcs she will need to send them her marriage docm nd d change of name with d pubic notification I.e newspaper
stuff.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2013
taiwodara2000: Nigerians should NOTE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/immigration-statistics/yearbook/2011/ois_yb_2011.pdf

Nigeria is now ineligible to play visa lottery for the next years.......
just read it now...i dnt tink wikipidia can lie
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by prommy12(f): 11:25am On May 25, 2013
Shewen4God: This nt true my sis, I played it as single den b4 I gt married, wht I did was to sent mail to KCC dt my status as changed nd they replied me to prove it for them, I even had a baby after. Jst let her contact them after her wedding bcs she will need to send them her marriage docm nd d change of name with d pubic notification I.e newspepper. stuff.

Your case is diff 4rm dis.. Jamicanlady said"Pls if u applied as single n she nt gotten marry b4 d result came out, it is better u maintain ur status as single"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 11:28am On May 25, 2013

i look forward your repy

Ready is when someone's file is ready for interview or if its been on AP wait for the verdict, then it will either be issued or Refused
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 1:35pm On May 25, 2013
hello house i greet everybody, i am a dv winner from Cameroon and have received my 2nl and my interview is in early July and i wish to go for medicals by 27 may 2013 and i need advices if it early or late.

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Polish Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.