Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,804 members, 7,921,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:44 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937021 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2013
genlion: Yeye leaders who cannot conduct a successful election for just 36 man.wat messAge do they have to preach to us? Dat why we guys cannot sleep and pretend as if all is well. Shameful leaders neglectin that the whole world is watching wat they r doing. How will they conduct a free and fair electionn for over 160million pple. Very annoying set of individuals who are bereft of ideas. Ur generation will pay for all wat u are doing to us. Very soon, we will ask ourseles if nigerIa ever existed.

I do share your view but this is not the right place to air it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2013
YessWeeCan: hey!! genlion, keep your grievances to your self or locate theand that is dedicated to thus.

@ justwise, i wonder why you let be a post that ridicule the image of your mother land.

He is saying the truth though in a wrong thread.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 11:45am On May 26, 2013
lorddom: good work samimo thumbs up
You are most welcome we are here to help each other.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2013
justwise: [/b]

WE JUST WANTED YOU TO SEE THAT HE WAS WRONG POSTING IT HERE THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by doctorp76(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2013
I wanna say thank God for his mercy over our lives! May his mercy continue to be with us forever. Congratulation to those who had successful interview, those who are about to be interviewed don't worry the mercy of God will see you through, and those waiting to be current don't worry the Lord will do it. Thank God for his mercy I have received my SSN and Green Card...
@femo how was your flight.. And how your family good to hear from you again! And hope to see you again! I forgot to ask for your Facebook name when we flew together from Nigeria. You can send me your Facebook I'd so that we can continue to chat from there. Do have a wonderful week.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 12:11pm On May 26, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Not true!

Pls I used the phrase "it is better", which means d risk of denial is low and not dat her status cannot be changed. Change of status at this stage tends to make the issuance of visa a bit risky but not that it gaurantees denial of visa. It has worked for some and it has failed others.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2013
lorddom: WE JUST WANTED YOU TO SEE THAT HE WAS WRONG POSTING IT HERE THANKS

YessWeeCan: hey!! genlion, keep your grievances to your self or locate theand that is dedicated to thus.

@ justwise, i wonder why you let be a post that ridicule the image of your mother land.

Is that the same thing?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
Shewen4God: This nt true my sis, I played it as single den b4 I gt married, wht I did was to send mail to KCC dt my status as changed nd they replied me to prove it to them, I even had a baby after. Jst let her contact them after her wedding bcs she will need to send them her marriage docm nd d change of name with d pubic notification I.e newspaper
stuff.

My dear I've read ur visa interview experience posted by ur hubby (Kunlexymoore), note dat ur case is quite different. U applied as single n got married BEFORE the DV result came out, which is otherwise in dis case. She applied as single and is yet to get married (in July) AFTER the DV result came out.
Note also that I used the phrase "it is better", which means d risk of denial is low and not dat her status cannot be changed. Change of status at this stage tends to make the issuance of visa a bit risky but not that it gaurantees denial of visa.
Also note dat change of status in a situation like hers has worked for some and it has failed others.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Help direct him if you can, cos he need to get these across to those who share same view.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2013
Happy Sunday to everybody.
I appeal to everbody that we should not deviate from the original motive of creating this Trend, which is to assist each others on DV issues & People have been benefitting from this trend, other issues could be debated in appropriate trends.
Thank you all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2013
YessWeeCan: hmm interesting... it's obvious you don't know the deference between travel and politics. Bytheway, will nairaland provide solution to your anguish?
ASK AM OH MY BROTHER lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 2:21pm On May 26, 2013
[quote author=ferdimako]

That's not rood boy's.[/qu

@ ferdimako & kunlexymoore: pls wat is goin on here?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2013
@all,

I dont think you can start school(schooling that involves financial aids) immediately you get here as claimed by some people. You must be a full one year resident of a state before you do so. I have a US citizen friend at work who migrated from california,i asked about schooling and she said cant start schooling in texas or any other state until she must have stayed one year in that state. The rules according to her apply to all states in US(no exemption).so if a US citizen cant start school in her new state until after one year,i doubt if you a foreign can do so except if you are paying for the school fees in full without aids from govt.
I will stil dig deep and do more research and get back to you all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by MUTEAU(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Thank God my sweetheart and thank you too. God bless you real good.
congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 9:51pm On May 26, 2013
@genlion, without an iota of doubt i completely agree with your observation, but come to think of it, if we continue to paint our country black in public forum what message are we corresponding to the world. worst things happens in those country that we admire but they know how to shelter their image. pls let appreciate what we have and also learn to protect Naija's image around the world. Irrespective of how far and wide we travel, we shall someday return home. pls kindly accept my hands of fellowship.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 9:59pm On May 26, 2013
jamicanlady:

Pls I used the phrase "it is better", which means d risk of denial is low and not dat her status cannot be changed. Change of status at this stage tends to make the issuance of visa a bit risky but not that it gaurantees denial of visa. It has worked for some and it has failed others.
Hi Jamaicanlady, this is not an attempt to drag issues with you or to prove a point, it is just to make things clearer to those in similar situation with the lady in question just so they will not regret not taking the chances open to them. Just like Kaypositive and Gentiger said which is my view as well, she should wait after her wedding before sending the forms (hoping she has not sent it already), I tell you her chances are bright! By the way, even though our case was a little different, some people wanted to discourage us and even blamed us that we should have applied as married even though we were singles and then backdate our wedding (just so we do not risk being denied)but we were not deterred. This is what we did (and I advise buklan4real and others in similar situation to do likewise), we went to their site read their rules and regulations thoroughly and also sent a mail to them. They responded and we documented their response in case anything like that comes up during the interview. That response was generic and did not specify when your status changed, whether before the result comes out or after. It simply read "Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate...should be provided with the completed forms" What I think is very important apart from your marriage certificate and pictures are your courtship pictures. I know it is good to play safe but trust me the risk is low especially when you are honest and commit it to God's hand. Best wishes!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 10:06pm On May 26, 2013
pls house, i sent mail to usa embassy in nigeria to reschedule my interview last week tuesday due to d situation beyond my control, pls, how long it will take them to reply me and reschedule me? waitin for ur contribution pls.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 10:46pm On May 26, 2013
penticom: pls house, i sent mail to usa embassy in nigeria to reschedule my interview last week tuesday due to d situation beyond my control, pls, how long it will take them to reply me and reschedule me? waitin for ur contribution pls.
mine took 4 days
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 11:07pm On May 26, 2013
@ oyidiyaagbayi, thanks. u just reschedule this month or it has been long? When u got ur reply, it include new date for interview? thanks for ur awaitin response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:23am On May 27, 2013
temmytanny: @all,

I dont think you can start school(schooling that involves financial aids) immediately you get here as claimed by some people. You must be a full one year resident of a state before you do so. I have a US citizen friend at work who migrated from california,i asked about schooling and she said cant start schooling in texas or any other state until she must have stayed one year in that state. The rules according to her apply to all states in US(no exemption).so if a US citizen cant start school in her new state until after one year,i doubt if you a foreign can do so except if you are paying for the school fees in full without aids from govt.
I will stil dig deep and do more research and get back to you all.

Temmy, you can attend private school any time and also qualify for federal grant plus loan but community college that is cheaper with other benefits(up to free tuition) requires that you live one year in your county before you can qualify for the full benefit. My wife Started schooling in the fifth month of our arrival, she received federal grant plus loan.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:40am On May 27, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Temmy, you can attend private school any time and also qualify for federal grant plus loan but community college that is cheaper with other benefits(up to free tuition) requires that you live one year in your county before you can qualify for the full benefit. My wife Started schooling in the fifth month of our arrival, she received federal grant plus loan.

I am in school enjoying government benefit. I really don't know what you friend gains in controversies. I don't know why he's in the habit of attacking my inputs. He never comes up with original ideas but will research to destroy a selfless service rendered by someone else. It's really an indication some people need to grow up and shed low self-esteem and inferiority complex. I expect Justwise by now to know some people have outlived their usefulness. I really intended to ignore the attention seeker but decided to post this to encourage people to go to school. If your state askes you to wait for one year to qualify, by all means comply, But don't rubbish spirited input because it makes you appear envious. I am concluding on my repory on jobs. This individual wont do the same but will rather research to attack and destroy. Am out of here. Signing out from Los Angeles California.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:30am On May 27, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

thank you bros, I made my statement cos a US citizen told me its not possible to school in a state with out stayin in such state in one year. Like I said,i was going to do more research on it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:34am On May 27, 2013
Gentiger:

I am in school enjoying government benefit. I really don't know what you friend gains in controversies. I don't know why he's in the habit of attacking my inputs. He never comes up with original ideas but will research to destroy a selfless service rendered by someone else. It's really an indication some people need to grow up and shed low self-esteem and inferiority complex. I expect Justwise by now to know some people have outlived their usefulness. I really intended to ignore the attention seeker but decided to post this to encourage people to go to school. If your state askes you to wait for one year to qualify, by all means comply, But don't rubbish spirited input because it makes you appear envious. I am concluding on my repory on jobs. This individual wont do the same but will rather research to attack and destroy. Am out of here. Signing out from Los Angeles California.
Am not here to attack your claims but what I think isn't true I wont let it be. You can tell Justwise whatever,i don't care,even if he bans me today I will still remain here to help who so ever I want to help. If you read my last two posts very well,then you will understand why I made sure comment.I never quoted you or mention your name,so why worry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.