Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,619 members, 7,941,378 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Ekiti Plans International Airport Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Plans International Airport Project (9447 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by manny4life(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If you have issues with what Aigbofa said, why not address him?

Because quite frankly, you're just blabbering.

Who said I have issue with Aigbofa? shocked shocked shocked :oOn the contrary, just like my post said, I agreed with him. When I see the truth, I always say it. What SW, just like SE, SS, et al needs is an efficient rail network connecting cities in different states.

Lol, yes I know I'm blabbering, but please, DON'T BLAME GEJ FOR YOUR GOVERNORS GAFFE.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PhysicsQED(m): 5:57pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:
I feel the south western states should develop even more by virtue of their proximity to Lagos, but rather the opposite is the case!!

I think the same thing happens on a smaller scale in other parts of the country with other large cities and the surrounding smaller cities and towns.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 5:57pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
It's only the borders of Ogun state that seems to be benfiting from it's close proximity to Lagos and this is not because of of the genius of the Ogun state government rather it's as a result of the bursting population of Lagos, so, naturally development should spread to it's bother towns. I think Yorubas from other states in the SW should start looking home for development rather than trying to claim Lagos because this will come back to bite them in the future.

I totally agree! The fixation on Lagos would leave the remaining 5 states in the backwater. When you remember that Lagos is largely dominated by people from every region with those from non south west regions determining business activities in the state
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 6:01pm On May 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I think the same thing happens on a smaller scale in other parts of the country with other large cities and the surrounding smaller cities and towns.
Asaba is really taking advantage of it's close proximity to Onitsha(a commercial hub) as we're seeing a rise in reasl estate in Asaba which has afforded some Onitsha business men a good home close to their business. The Asaba international airport was also setup with Onitsha in mind because Onitsha business people will not have to use the Enugu airport any longer as Asaba is closer.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by jidowu84: 6:10pm On May 02, 2012
bestview: Eketi a landmark poorest state in Nigeria. I dey laff grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you dey laugh your generation. You are sup. To be here. Go back to bush where you belong. Nonsense!!
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PhysicsQED(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Asaba is really taking advantage of it's close proximity to Onitsha(a commercial hub) as we're seeing a rise in reasl estate in Asaba which has afforded some Onitsha business men a good home close to their business. The Asaba international airport was also setup with Onitsha in mind because Onitsha business people will not have to use the Enugu airport any longer as Asaba is closer.

Asaba is still a state capital and is of course a unique case being so close to another large city. I was thinking of cases involving truly smaller towns and cities in the same LGA or a nearby LGA not developing because of the focus on the big city.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

I totally agree! The fixation on Lagos would leave the remaining 5 states in the backwater. When you remember that Lagos is largely dominated by people from every region with those from non south west regions determining business activities in the state

What is the fixation with Lagos? People invest whereever they believe they can make money. There are indians and Lebanese and indeed every nationality you can imagine doing business in Lagos. Lagos itself is still developing and it's location will have direct effect on developments in other southwest states in the long run.
Ogun state is already benefiting from it's proximity to Lagos as more companies are shifting their operations away from Lagos, there is only so much you can put in a small state like Lagos.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Asaba is still a state capital and is of course a unique case being so close to another large city. I was thinking cases involving truly smaller towns and cities in the same LGA or a nearby LGA not developing because of the focus on the big city.
The truth is that local councils and towns are not allowed to develop at their own pace. They're at the mercy of the states and federal government.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 6:16pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Exactly. Smaller areas should look to leverage on their proximity to larger areas. Asaba is doing marvellously at that.
Osmosis should apply! Less saturated areas should look to suck energies from heavily saturated areas.
New Jersey does it pretty good with New York.
Guangzhou in China Leveraged on HongKong to become what it is today.
Ghana is try hard to leverage on Nigeria.
There is no reason why Lagos should swallow the South West, rather the likes of Ibadan, Abeokuta etc should bursting with back end activities that would serve the behemoth called Lagos.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On May 02, 2012
Aigbofa:

What is the fixation with Lagos? People invest whereever they believe they can make money. There are indians and Lebanese and indeed every nationalities you can imagine doing business in Lagos. Lagos itself is still developing and it's location will have direct effect on developments in other southwest states in the long run.
Ogun state is already benefiting from it's proximity to Lagos as more companies are shifting their operations away from Lagos, there is only so much you can put in a small state like Lagos.
Profit motive should not totally be the reason for creating a business especially when it involves the government. People should be looking at the long term implication of any business venture that is created. I don't see how beneficial lagos has been to other SW states except for Ogun that has witnessed an consumption by Lagos. Do you know that in the future, places like the Lagos-Ibadan expressway will become a part of Lagos like was the case with the Ojodu/Isheri area.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by oneeast: 6:19pm On May 02, 2012
I weep for Yorubas. The ACN yorooba party is on the move again. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Spirit96(m): 6:21pm On May 02, 2012
docokwy:

How many people will fly to Ekiti? What spectacular tourist attraction is there that will persuade an international flyer?
KAYODE, HIS FAMILY N HIS ENTOURAGES ARE ENOUGH TO USE D AIRPORT.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PhysicsQED(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:
Ghana is try hard to leverage on Nigeria.

Proof?

Or is this just another one of those "feel good" stories that you tend to tell?
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by GboyegaD(m): 6:29pm On May 02, 2012
This is highly uncalled for. It is just an opportunity to selfishly amass wealth as usual.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Profit motive should not totally be the reason for creating a business especially when it involves the government. People should be looking at the long term implication of any business venture that is created. I don't see how beneficial lagos has been to other SW states except for Ogun that has witnessed an consumption by Lagos. Do you know that in the future, places like the Lagos-Ibadan expressway will become a part of Lagos like was the case with the Ojodu/Isheri area.

Unfortunately profit motive is why most, if not all businesses are created. Better infrastructure like efficient transportation and power may speed up interest in other southwestern states or even other states in Nigeria, but as it is presently, most people will rather be where they will make most profit and incur the least cost.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2012
Aigbofa:

Unfortunately profit motive is why most, if not all businesses are created. Better infrastructure like efficient transportation and power may speed up interest in other southwestern states or even other states in Nigeria, but as it is presently, most people will rather be where they will make most profit and incur the least cost.
You're right. That's why state government have to put the infrastructures in place to attract investments. Just imagine ekiti silving the power problem in the state, do you know how many industries will leave lagos for Ekiti instead of going to ghana and other west african countries.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by msjune: 6:35pm On May 02, 2012
Aigbofa:

no go check it out no know what sometimes silence is the best answer
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by solomon111(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2012
Aigbofa: I would prefer all the southwest states and Kwara pull their resources together, bring in private sector partners and establish a fast and efficient rail system to run accros the region, and all the way to Kwara state.
HA HA HA!!!
See your mouth.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 02, 2012
the problem with Nigeria is connected with the way we act as a people. Granted this may seem like a white elephant project, someone mentioned power generation and its incentive to improving businesses,the case of the Ibom power plant is a case study for Nigerians. you can read it up on sahara reporters.Things that ordinarily should not happen in civilized society just occurs without remedy in Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Kanto: 7:21pm On May 02, 2012
The funny thing and danger about hatred is that it always finds and feeds on new targets. All those haters in nairaland who about insulting others in every thread, as soon as nigeria breaks and their former targets are no longer there their hatred will shift to a new group. By then it will be the Awuri's hating the Ijebu's, or the Egba's hating Ibadan people, or Lagosians hating Yorubas from other states living in Lagos. By then some of the insulting yorubas in this forum who invested in Lagos thinking it is part of their land will get a rude awakening and realise that lagos has indigenes. The haters can continue, in no distant time i promise them it will backfire on them as the seeds and circle of hatred they sowed will come back to haunt them.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 02, 2012
Kanto: The funny thing and danger about hatred is that it always finds and feeds on new targets. All those haters in nairaland who about insulting others in every thread, as soon as nigeria breaks and their former targets are no longer there their hatred will shift to a new group. By then it will be the Awuri's hating the Ijebu's, or the Egba's hating Ibadan people, or Lagosians hating Yorubas from other states living in Lagos. By then some of the insulting yorubas in this forum who invested in Lagos thinking it is part of their land will get a rude awakening and realise that lagos has indigenes. The haters can continue, in no distant time i promise them it will backfire on them as the seeds and circle of hatred they sowed will come back to haunt them.

There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria, most of them get along fine with the exception of a few extremists in the SE and up north. You are entitled to your fantasy though.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Brixtonyute(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2012
I laugh when I hear Nigerians say privatisation. grin

Who wants to invest over there?? You guys are dreamers, even biblical Joseph ain't got shyte on you guys.

You have to develop your country, before private companies can thrive there.

Everywhere in Nigeria is underdeveloped, except for maybe Abuja, and Lagos to an extent. From what I've read so far, Ekiti is a no go zone.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Delafruita(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2012
i did my youth service in ekiti 2years ago and my PPA was close to ikogosi.i remember then always wondering why ekiti has been unable harness tourism because apart from the warm springs,you have the waterfalls at ipole-iloro,the ancient caves etc.i know fayemi to be an intelligent man and i believe he will do the right thing
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by member479760: 8:17pm On May 02, 2012
the best thing for him is to legalize prostitution. import Benin, Ghana girls and Ibo gays, make Biancar PRO, this will open the state to tourist business, then plan an international airport.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by akinwaleok: 8:51pm On May 02, 2012
ekt_bear: Ekiti governor is a foolish man

he is not only foolish but also visionless
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by aljharem(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2012
I rather see a SE airport than an Ekiti airport. Again this is not "a zonal" thing but viability. If every single state has an International airport, I wonder what viability each one would have.

@ Other SW states

1. I kinda agree with Afam4eva here. I expect other SW states to be very developed but like many SW state have ancient cities thus it hard to start building from the surface. I though it is not an excuse.

2. Nigeria would NOT move forward if we have the sort of mentality Papabrown is having. When you talk of business centre being Lagos, does that exclude other business centres in Nigeria such as Anambra ?

Is it in the constitution that Lagos would be Nigeria capital or was it be default ?

Today Innoson the indigenous Nigeria car company has its HQ in Anambra. Does that take anything away from Lagos ? No

You see the more we look at it the more you all deceive yourselves. You do not expect the government to start building every state to very high standards. One or more states would have to give for others to grow.

BTW Afam4eva I respect you point of view and also agree with it again. When last have you been to Ibadan ? Ibadan is way develop that you all think. Infact more Indigenes of Lagos are moving to Ibadan for jobs and housing

Ogun state is a bit strange because as you said, lagos is meant to rub off Ogun. But certainly Oyo particularly Ibadan is growing

When next I go to Ibadan, I would take pics for you to see so you know what I am talking about.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by aljharem(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2012
I am not talking like an illiterate here but for an international fast food restaurant to open a joint in Ibadan knowing full well they are only looking for profit and nothing else says a lot.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 02, 2012
manny4life:

Who said I have issue with Aigbofa? shocked shocked shocked :oOn the contrary, just like my post said, I agreed with him. When I see the truth, I always say it. What SW, just like SE, SS, et al needs is an efficient rail network connecting cities in different states.

Lol, yes I know I'm blabbering, but please, DON'T BLAME GEJ FOR YOUR GOVERNORS GAFFE.

abeg no drag SE put for this nonsense talk. we need an international airport in SE. we don't have one.
some of you igbo people need your heads examined. angry
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 02, 2012
alj harem:
I rather see a SE airport than an Ekiti airport. Again this is not "a zonal" thing but viability. If every single state has an International airport, I wonder what viability each one would have.

@ Other SW states

1. I kinda agree with Afam4eva here. I expect other SW states to be very developed but like many SW state have ancient cities thus it hard to start building from the surface. I though it is not an excuse.

2. Nigeria would NOT move forward if we have the sort of mentality Papabrown is having. When you talk of business centre being Lagos, does that exclude other business centres in Nigeria such as Anambra ?

Is it in the constitution that Lagos would be Nigeria capital or was it be default ?

Today Innoson the indigenous Nigeria car company has its HQ in Anambra. Does that take anything away from Lagos ? No

You see the more we look at it the more you all deceive yourselves. You do not expect the government to start building every state to very high standards. One or more states would have to give for others to grow.

BTW Afam4eva I respect you point of view and also agree with it again. When last have you been to Ibadan ? Ibadan is way develop that you all think. Infact more Indigenes of Lagos are moving to Ibadan for jobs and housing

Ogun state is a bit strange because as you said, lagos is meant to rub off Ogun. But certainly Oyo particularly Ibadan is growing

When next I go to Ibadan, I would take pics for you to see so you know what I am talking about.

i agree with mallam for once.
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by PapaBrowne(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Proof?

Or is this just another one of those "feel good" stories that you tend to tell?

Naah! Its not one of them feel good stories. Ghana is actually doing a great job and applying osmosis to reap where Nigeria is failing.
I'll use two examples. The first being education. There are 71,000 Nigerians studying in Ghana today contributing about 1 Billion Dollars to the Ghanaian economy yearly, more than what the FG spends on all universities in Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/795245/nigerian-students-ghana-pay-n155

Another area where the Ghanaians are positioning properly is in Aviation. Not only are they giving healthy concessions to foreign airlines, they have recently just attracted a heavy investment($500 Million) from Easyjet to operate the first low cost airline on this part of the shores. In all this, the target is Nigerians with our oil money and massive population.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-22/stelios-to-invest-500-million-in-low-cost-west-africa-airline.html
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Naah! Its not one of them feel good stories. Ghana is actually doing a great job and applying osmosis to reap where Nigeria is failing.
I'll use two examples. The first being education. There are 71,000 Nigerians studying in Ghana today contributing about 1 Billion Dollars to the Ghanaian economy yearly, more than what the FG spends on all universities in Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/795245/nigerian-students-ghana-pay-n155

Another area where the Ghanaians are positioning properly is in Aviation. Not only are they giving healthy concessions to foreign airlines, they have recently just attracted a heavy investment($500 Million) from Easyjet to operate the first low cost airline on this part of the shores. In all this, the target is Nigerians with our oil money and massive population.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-22/stelios-to-invest-500-million-in-low-cost-west-africa-airline.html

nigeria is a deeply frustrating country because the most obvious things are never so obvious in nigeria, yet development continues at snail pace
just frustrating
Re: Ekiti Plans International Airport Project by emiye(m): 9:54pm On May 02, 2012
If it is going to be a PPP arrangement, good for the state. I believe no sane private investors will come and invest in an unviable project. I don't think international airport is a priority for now, a rail project looks more important. The rail project should be spearheaded by the 6 south western states and other interested states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards / President Buhari Pledges Nigeria's Support For South Sudan / #EndSARS: The Post That Brought Down Sars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.