Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? (866 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Hm, Mama Tight Gown Burst / How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? by ReLaTE(m): 10:11pm On May 03, 2012
There is ths man i knw in my village who refused to perform the burial ceremony of hs son who was confirmed to be dead for the past 12yrs. He said that hs son might stil be alive bt one of hs sons friend that took part in that dangerous trip confirmed that the guy was dead.
According to the man,he said that it wl be over hs dead body that such wl be perform. He told a live story of a man that hs people thot has bn dead long during the Nigeria civil war only to returned home after 23yrs bt hs family had already done the burial ceremony ten years after d civil war .A ritual was said to be performed for hm to continue living bt he decline and he later run mad and died.
Pls hw long cn one wait in such a circumstance.
Re: How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? by Akpunwa(f): 5:59pm On May 04, 2012
This is a difficult one. I have an uncle whose burial rites has been performed cos they were informed by his friends that he died of dehydration or whatever on their trip abroad by road. But then, his twin says strongly she doesn't think he is dead cos she has dreams and feelings he doesn't want to be bothered until he hammers and returns.
Sorry to derail but I'll only perform burial rites for a loved one if I can confirm his/her death beyond reports from friends.
Re: How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? by Digriz(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2012
May be 30yrs max.
Re: How Long Cn A Family Wait For Their Lost One To Confirmed Hm Dead.? by Omofranca(f): 2:20pm On May 05, 2012
It can be a permanently open chapter or decision as long as they are not convinced that their loved one is dead. However it may be frustrating if there are people involved, who are because of this prevented from moving on and remarrying.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do? / Top 10 Best Principles Of Life / Think You Have Familyproblems? (read This)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.