Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,943 members, 7,906,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence (56830 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Pictures Of Lagos Before Independence / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2012
alj harem:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

LOL
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oil Oil Oil

crude oil discovered in Lagos

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005120207.html

Crude oil in Ondo

http://www.coastalnews.com/profile/government-profile/638-ilaje-local-government-ondo-state-nigeria.html

So dalover, we are on our own Ok !!! Go hug die if you no like am.

Again of course you are free to migrate, please when you do, keep your tribalistic tendency to yourself if not you probably be mobbed, go ask your brothers in Lagos. smiley

so what is the share of lagos 13% derivation?
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2012
Isoko don disappear ? shocked shocked shocked I guess It is easy to claim Isoko given that we do not have a lot in the political section.

shame
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2012
DaLover:

so what is the share of lagos 13% derivation?

We are not parasites, we do not need any 13 % deviation. No thanks keep that to yourself

Yorubas say in Kogi dialect Okene "Isey Agbe ni Isey Ile wa, eni ko isey a ja le ni " Meaning being a farmer is the job of our ancestors/land, anybody that does not work would steal.

We are not thieves neither are we lazy, Oil is a natural resource, we rather look for other ways of getting money thus people like you go to Unilag to go school thus generating revenue for the state.

Infact the only good thing that ever came out of Southern Nigeria is Fashola, Rochas and donald Duke. The rest are failures.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2012
alj harem:

LOL No you did not because YOU ARE NOT ISOKO THUS IT DOES NOT COME NATURALLY TO YOU !

I am sorry, please try another Niger-delta group

As your sister Willy-willy has tried Ogoni before, you can also do the same grin grin

I can be what ever you want me to be, its all in your mind man....y over flogging the issue...

Please show me where I said I was any other thing apart from Isoko like you claimed?

GEJ is sharing more money to the SW because they are more hard working Mannnnnnn what where grades in school like?

Nobody is saying your should not develop lagos to any extent you want it, just do it with your own resources, is that asking too much? sorry...dont answer that...it actually is....
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2012
alj harem:

We are not parasites, we do not need any 13 % deviation. No thanks keep that to yourself

Yorubas say in Kogi dialect Okene "Isey Agbe ni Isey Ile wa, eni ko isey a ja le ni " Meaning being a farmer is the job of our ancestors/land, anybody that does not work would steal.

We are not thieves neither are we lazy, Oil is a natural resource, we rather look for other ways of getting money thus people like you go to Unilag to go school thus generating revenue for the state.

Infact the only good thing that ever came out of Southern Nigeria is Fashola, Rochas and donald Duke. The rest are failures.

Bros, every starte that produces oil get 13% of their produce, and you claimed Lagos produce oil, so where is the 13% lagos should be getting? Or is lagos also very generous, in addition to being the most tolerant?
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2012
alj harem: Isoko don disappear ? shocked shocked shocked I guess It is easy to claim Isoko given that we do not have a lot in the political section.

shame
Make me what ever you want me to be, I am ok with that...just take the points I am raising...
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 12:41pm On May 05, 2012
Lagos in 1900

At one extreme, in the urban part of the Crown Colony of Lagos, there was an outpost of European, occidental, Atlantic culture, already of several decades standing, with Government departments, churches, schools – even Moslem schools teaching Western subjects (a bizarre instance of outside influence from an unexpected source, because it was the West Indian black man, Dr Blyden, and a white, English Moslem who joined forces to persuade the Lagos Moslems to take up education, getting the written blessings of the Sultan of Turkey to help them). The hospital was described by Lagos’ medically qualified Governor as bearing comparison in nursing with the best in Europe. There were harbour works, a railway, a racecourse which was also a recreation ground held in trust for public use, a Palladian Government House open to the Lagos public – more open than it was later to become – where legislative council meetings and agricultural shows were held, as well as “multi-racial” ladies’ champagne lunches in aid of charitable public health efforts in town.

There was electric light in the streets, there were telephones, printing-presses, newspapers. Amidst the white officials and not segregated from them by separate residential areas and hospital facilities, there was an educated elite of “Black Englishmen” – doctors (four out of the Government establishment of sixteen), clergy, pastors, teachers, lawyers, police officers, journalists, senior clerks (when ‘clerk’ corresponded nearly in the civil service with what is now administrative status and the Governor’s confidential clerk, for instance, an African, was also clerk to the Legislative Council). And, of course, there substantial businessmen, traders, middle-men, some of them frequent visitors to Liverpool, some with sons and daughters being educated overseas.

"The Administration of Nigeria 1900 to 1960: Men, Methods and Myths" by I.F Nicholson. The Clarendon Press Oxford. 1969. P 36 & 37
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:45pm On May 05, 2012
DaLover:

Bros, every starte that produces oil get 13% of their produce, and you claimed Lagos produce oil, so where is the 13% lagos should be getting? Or is lagos also very generous, in addition to being the most tolerant?

errrmmmm Bros not every state. Only Niger-delta states

Niger-delta includes Ondo, Abia and Imo

Anambra is joining the oil producing state but still does not get her 13 % deviation

Just so you know I am not lying

Just off VI is an oil rig owned by folawoyo

Can you see orange coloured part ? Yes

Infact close of snake Island aka Soko village here is another 700 million barrels. Aje field

http://www.panoroenergy.com/?page_id=639

Here is marina

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2012
Bros Dalover just so you know that Lagos is not a parasite to anyone, Altas cove was blown up by MEND and Edwin Clark stop oil pipe intallation from the ND to Lagos during Yaradua era,

Lagos and indeed SW does not depend on the SS or SE for her to survive.

Again here Oil is not everything
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by PeterKbaba: 1:02pm On May 05, 2012
DaLover:

Don't you get it, or don't you watch the news OR read History books.... Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria, without Oil revenue.... Lagos is the only state that can survive and take care of her citizens without the crude oil curse... Lagos makes 80% of the Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) of Nigeria.... Lagos remains the little London of West Africa and soon Africa (Eko Atlantic City)... Lagos is the entertainment hub of Africans Music and Movies to the world.... Please remember that we have crude oil in Lagos.... Even the first crude was first found in the yoruba territory...but lagosians dont care, because we believe in a child getting the best education, in-order to contribute his/her own part in the state. Lagos is the only state that as accommodated all the ethnic citizens of all Nigerians (Have you ever heard a yoruba man saying he will go and bomb any yoruba state because of politics.. If he does, we don't need the federal government to tell us, before OPC takes care of the mess)........ the europians know lagos is the only democratic hope of nigeria for now.... Pls watch the news and see how diplomates, business men from all over the world comes to visit, do business and congratulate Fashola.... Even when the British Prime Minister cam to Nigeria, he choose lagos...... We as a people, beleive in our ancestors (Orumila), who is the angel sent by God to Odua people, so you see we don't care about religion... YORUBA AS A TRIBE IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN. That is why the Hospitality that we give to the world is too Sweet, that is why you see others claiming a stake of Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by PeterKbaba: 1:23pm On May 05, 2012
Don't you get it, or don't you watch the news OR read History books.... Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria, without Oil revenue.... Lagos is the only state that can survive and take care of her citizens without the crude oil curse... Lagos makes 80% of the Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) of Nigeria.... Lagos remains the little London of West Africa and soon Africa (Eko Atlantic City)... Lagos is the entertainment hub of Africans Music and Movies to the world.... Please remember that we have crude oil in Lagos.... Even the first crude was first found in the yoruba territory...but lagosians dont care, because we believe in a child getting the best education, in-order to contribute his/her own part in the state. Lagos is the only state that as accommodated all the ethnic citizens of all Nigerians (Have you ever heard a yoruba man saying he will go and bomb any yoruba state because of politics.. If he does, we don't need the federal government to tell us, before OPC takes care of the mess)........ the europians know lagos is the only democratic hope of nigeria for now.... Pls watch the news and see how diplomates, business men from all over the world comes to visit, do business and congratulate Fashola.... Even when the British Prime Minister cam to Nigeria, he choose lagos...... We as a people, beleive in our ancestors (Orumila), who is the angel sent by God to Odua people, so you see we don't care about religion... YORUBA AS A TRIBE IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN. That is why the Hospitality that we give to the world is too Sweet, that is why you see others claiming a stake of Lagos.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by jason123: 1:23pm On May 05, 2012
LOL! Why do people beef Lagos state?!

Btw, Dalover, EVERY SOUTHERN STATE HAS OIL. Stop the silly propaganda please!
About the 13%, that is the politics of oil in Nigeria. If you are not a "Niger-delta" state, you cannot have 13%. Even if you produce more oil.

That is what happened to[b] Anambra, Ogun and Lagos[/b]! Try to research more on it before you get carried away with propaganda!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aknuel: 1:43pm On May 05, 2012
It's really sad and sickening knowing that we have so degenerated into such level of tribalism and name calling. I come to Nairaland everyday so as to keep abreast with news and also be able to communicate with follow Nigerians but it's quite sad that all you see here is tribal wars. Sometimes the topic seems so intellectually captivating and you look forward to reading intellectual inputs only to end up reading about how my tribe is better than yours. Are we gonna ever get tired of this, most times I wonder if we are aware that non Nigerians also visit this Nigeria online forums, do we have any idea what their perception of us as Nigerians will be after reading comment and inputs all based on ethnicity and tribal affiliations. I just feel like crying honestly.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by PeterKbaba: 1:47pm On May 05, 2012
ak_nuel: It's really sad and sickening knowing that we have so degenerated into such level of tribalism and name calling. I come to Nairaland everyday so as to keep abreast with news and also be able to communicate with follow Nigerians but it's quite sad that all you see here is tribal wars. Sometimes the topic seems so intellectually captivating and you look forward to reading intellectual inputs only to end up reading about how my tribe is better than yours. Are we gonna ever get tired of this, most times I wonder if we are aware that non Nigerians also visit this Nigeria online forums, do we have any idea what their perception of us as Nigerians will be after reading comment and inputs all based on ethnicity and tribal affiliations. I just feel like crying honestly.

Very True!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 1:47pm On May 05, 2012
lari03: can you explain further,i.m.o, it was opportunities that built lagos not one tribe or how many igbos have you found selling dollars and gold at allen,ebute metta,ojuelegba etc

they do they do the buying cos they got ve lots of cash to flex with grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by jason123: 1:55pm On May 05, 2012
Actually, other SW states like Ogun and Oyo (Ibadan) are quite developed!

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 1:55pm On May 05, 2012
solomon111: This is the reason why the whole of SW excluding lagos will remain a pig-sty when compared to the SE and SS.
Let the whole yoruba race keep on claiming lagos and dont develop your poverty ridden lands,and wake up in the future biting your fingers in regret.

Gbam grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 3:20pm On May 05, 2012
Ejiné: Yes oooo! Rossikke don land! grin
Educate these slaves a little.

yes o..... cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 05, 2012
yam: .

u are a poor guy, y didnt u go to eat @ hotels and eatries like mr biggs, e.t.c

you are complaining of your level.
I was just a corper. The truth is bitter but it must be said. Sorry it hurts sha. How many eatries do you have in your village
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 05, 2012
I never knew the difference between yoruba or igbo or any other tribe until I joined this forum. I have very good yoruba friends and even dated one. But this forum has made me realise that we are not one nigeria at all and its so bad.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 3:34pm On May 05, 2012
shymmex:

Loool!! They didn't know there were no Igbo slaves in Brazil and Cuba. Igbo slaves were taken to Virginia, Haiti, Jamaica, and partially Barbados (most of the slaves in Barbados were Yorubas - hence, why they call their presidential villa: Oduduwa house).

Sharap there......Confused Peckham hoodlum tongue
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 3:38pm On May 05, 2012
DaLover:
You r a very sick ldiot, y did u add "before oil" in the topic....if u r not indirectly looking for trouble....You will die a hypocrite....another of ur hypocrite brother claims that things were ok before igbos spoit Lagos and i pointed out to him that yorubas have been the ones running Lagos since after it was made a yoruba state in the early 1970s
....what tribal things have i said?
Would it make sence to say Ghanaians ran Nigeria down when Nigerians have been ruling Nigeria?
You guys always try different ways to tell us u r better than others....direct and indirect..... If yorubas single handedly developed lagos...what stopped them from developing the rest of the SW.......
In the future hausas will tell us that brilliance brought abuja to what it is......ldiot like u.

grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 3:39pm On May 05, 2012
Rossikk: @poster, Thanks for those images from old Colonial Lagos.

Here are pictures from modern Independent Lagos.

Rossikk in da building......heediots beware grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Onyenna(m): 3:52pm On May 05, 2012
doublecross: looked like it was taking the shape of london....but what can we see today? rubish. thanks for the bautiful pics pal.it just brought back memories.

I almost thought It was london!!!!........ Damn...it was so so beautiful back then....... Where did we GƠ̴̴̴̴͡ wrong?....
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by vega84(m): 3:54pm On May 05, 2012
Make thunder fire ur mouth see stupid yoruba calling ibo dirty,who does doesn't knw u guys are pigs. Foool!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ekwynwa1: 4:37pm On May 05, 2012
bobosydney: You just make me laugh with your unreasonable comments that you just make . By the way , Nigeria is my country ,lagos is my state and home , wether you like or not or you jealous due to your inferiority . You can't compare Southwest with impoverished SE and SS in terms of amenities and economy . Your region still backward with all the resources the you shouting that you get with millions of you live in slum and poverty . Many of your leaders always stealing the public money and send it to UK, like your brother Ibori and so on . i did't say people are not corrupt in SW but SE and SS leaders are most corrupt people in Nigeria and even you people brother ( Jonathan) couldnt even safe you from mess . Shame on you people and you need to shy your face well well . EKO ONI BAJE OOOOOOOOOO embarassed embarassed embarassed

EKO BAJE BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper? / Umahi Completes 5th Flyover In Ebonyi, 4 Others In Progress (Photos) / Bola And Remi Tinubu's Traditional Wedding In 1987 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.