Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,911 members, 7,945,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors (20263 Views)

President Jonathan Sacks Striking Doctors - Thecable / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Fashola Sacks Striking Doctors In Lagos- What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by OdunetLbs: 6:52am On May 08, 2012
Hello...I'm particular concerned with your statement about the 400,000 naira the government collects as tuition for medical student...its actually 350,000...believe me I've been to the lasuth...that fees paid there is cheap compared to the facilities u guys enjoy...very few medical schools in the "world" have facilities to compare...I'm very serious about this...ur laboratories have state of the art equipments...ur hostels are something else...70 inch tv's in ur fully aircondition common rooms, with italian leather sofa's....pls very feww schools treat their students like this...if anyone has been to the tiolet are muson center/sheraton lagos, it can't be compared to where u guy take a crap...and u are complaining about paying 400000...u need to study madcine abroad in maybe a school like "Yale"...u'll probably spend 30years paying off ur school loan...
I believe LASG is doing a great job in d health sector...with the best facilities in this part of the world...well I have some friends in lasu's college of medcine...studying in dat environment would definitly invoke a supiriority complex in anybody...they'll probably expect to earn a million naira per month after graduating...but LASG can only work with what it has...
Nonetheless...I look forward to when...engineers would also be respected in Nigeria...to d extent dat we can demand for a special civil service pay...then Nigeria will be a force to be challenge developed nations...after all, we built the 3rd mainland bridge, Aso rock,etc lol
sartorius: M totally dissapointed in fashola 2nd term. Performance is poor. -I am a doc in lag. Lasg has escalated the problem, dissenting views among medical guild wud easily be rallied. The same goverments that collects close to 400,000 from med students in lasuth. Dr9ce is right lasuth house officerns earn abt 168 half of which no accomodation.Close to 12 states pay conmess, no excuses Lag iGR from ikeja Bola tinubu diagnostic centre within ayinke house is well enuf.

1000 doctors covering over 15 million lagosians.. Lagos docs are the most overworked most taxed most underpaid. Do u knw they are less than 5 active neurosurgeons in lagos. You wil be ammazed as the igr from lasuth and sch of medicine. Its bad move politically cos he will still reverse himself. "Luth is currently overflooded with poorer facilities than lasuth.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Chinedudele(m): 6:53am On May 08, 2012
Why should doctors go on strike without considering the health care of the people. Doctors are well paid they should not because of money abandon their patent to die on their sick bed. I strongly support the action of the state governor. More, the issue of workers goinog on strike on any slightest disagreement with the govt should be looked into. There is no country where such is done.
Kobojunkie: WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Is any state in this nation even serious about improving the HealthCare sector at all?

Over on the other side, I am told by some ninnies that we need roads first before we tackle Healthcare. Now here we have a government sacking over 1000 doctors, in a state where the goal should have been to increase the number of doctors at least 10 fold.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 6:58am On May 08, 2012
bayooooooo:

I know, performance will be poor since he has refused to hand over the treasury to your union. Why don't you resign and go to one of such twelve states where you are more valued? You guys are in short supply so once you say here I am, You ll be promptly employed.

GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by bakila: 7:05am On May 08, 2012
otokx: The doctors should have taking the middle ground and negotiated some sort of settlement. The thing about increasing salaries is that there would be a ripple effect and soon the nurses would start their own then the laboratory people too would join in not forgetting the pharmacists then the administrative staff - quite a delicate matter.

Very correct. Plus it will not stop them from doing PP elsewhere.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Tonniey(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2012
I want the striking doctors to know that they re toiling with lives of nigerians, its high time d govenment teaches dem lesson, let dem know that nobody is unreplaceable. I second their sack,
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On May 08, 2012
Chinedudele: Why should doctors go on strike without considering the health care of the people. Doctors are well paid they should not because of money abandon their patent to die on their sick bed. I strongly support the action of the state governor. More, the issue of workers goinog on strike on any slightest disagreement with the govt should be looked into. There is no country where such is done.

Sorry, doctors are not prisoners. Just because a person is a doctor, does not then imply that he/she is mandated to work less than favorable conditions.
Doctors around the world walk off the job on a daily basis for one reason or another. People die every day, so instead of pinning it on the doctors, you probably should ask your Government why it refused to negotiate a deal with them, and IMPLEMENT said agreement on time to save the many lives you pretend to be concerned about.

The only persons that owe you anything is the Government, not the doctors.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 7:28am On May 08, 2012
bayooooooo:

For the words in bold, you ll be shocked!!!

Professional engineeeeeeer!!!!! When will your association go on strike to protest their poor working condition and demand for a raise? Abi we don't have engineers in civil service again? besides the minimum wage, why don't they have a special salary structure?

There is brain drain in Nigeria and it cuts across all professions, not medical personnel alone. When I joined a top company in 2009, eleven candidates were recruited with seven having a first class honours. Despite the heavy pay, all the first class have disappeared to US. So keep your doctor leaving so there is brain drain to yourselves.

I repeat, all of them should be sacked and their names published in dailies as a warning to future employers. In Anambra, these same doctors went on strike for a whole calender year and guess what, they would be paid for those unproductive months. Ask your doctor friends how many time they have down tools in the past two years in Lagos state? Wont they be paid for such periods?

You talked about experience. What experience do our malaria doctors have? No matter what is wrong with you, it's always malaria. grin Joke aside, they very senior management in every profession in Nigeria do not go on strike and these are the guys with the type of experience you hype about. So all will be fine. Besides, there are several doctors in private practice who truly desires to become government employee. Those equally have experience and are generously welcome. Any of them that is willing to come back, should write a letter of apology and then reapply, such can be considered if vacancy still exists.

I sigh at u....
Leme just ask you a few questions if u cn answer yes to any of it with proof then I can continue discussing with you.
1. Do engineers and other professionals do residency that take 4yrs after studying for 7yrs?
2. Do you think genuinely that doctors are being well paid?
3. Do you think Nigeria has the right doctor to patient ratio as established by WHO?
4. Do you think ALL doctors are interested ONLY in saving lives and av no desires to be wealthy?
5. Do you think the experience of doctors in a small private hospital can be compared to that of a doctor in a teaching hospital?
6. How is the schedule of a doctor in a public hospital like. Does it give time to easily do other work be it be private clinic or business?
7. VERY IMPORTANT: Have u ever been very sick before and in need of a surgery or special treatment and the only hope you have is God and a doctor?

Leme just let u understand. May God bless us with good health but if that time comes and you have no hope or you're serzly in pain, you will recognize that doctor's need not only to be paid well but also treated well. Cos wen that time comes it is only the public hospitals you'll have. The good private hospitals are owned or run by the same consultants in the public hospitals that you've refused to pay well where they charge u big money which you may not be able to afford. The only hope for the masses is the public hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by olsmade(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2012
I think Lagos state is the greater loser in dis fight. I remember over a year ago, I got an appointment as an intern with the LASG after a stellar performance in d test (I rated best in dat test b4 d interview). I was dismayed when I got the appointment letter and saw the pay package and sharply left for FMC Ekiti where I also got an appointment. Pls note that Im not from Lagos state so der is no issue of patriotism here. Lagos state even paid me on one occasion despite d fact dat I never resumed which I duly refunded. In essence, what I'm saying z dat Lagos docs are not necessarily greedy, they, just like me, know der worth n what z due to them n dats all dey r asking for. The masses will do well to ignore d media propaganda of the LASG who z just whipping up sentiments. Truth z dat even if LASG pays conmess, docs are still gonna be leaving for greener pasture- how much more now?
In more civilised climes, doctors n oda workers in highly urbanised areas, London I'm sure of, get higher pay than their colleagues in oda parts of the country cos the cost of living z considerably higher. Why can't we emulate welfare packages lyk dis? The cost of living in Lagos is incomparable to that in Ekiti, Osun n docs dere are even better paid. I'm a Corper in Osun presently n earn more than double what a Lagos Corper doctor earns.
However, I must say that I am dismayed at some of the abusive comments made by docs earlier in this thread. It rili shouldn't av gotten to that, no matter how passionate we are about this cause. I apologise on behalf of the profession.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by kinguwem: 7:32am On May 08, 2012
The LASG has erred by sacking the doctors. The health care delivery system will be very unstable unless they are re-instated. They can employ new doctors but it will takes years for them to have the required experience. The power show is detrimental to the health of the people.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by bigiyaro(m): 7:33am On May 08, 2012
Stupid idiots calling themselves doctors,the fundermental duties of a doctor is to save human lives,it is inhuman and totally against the oat voluntarily made during induction for a doctor to stand aside and watch people die in the name of one stupid strike or CONMESS or whatever.it is not as if they are not being paid but they want more,doctors want to ride lincon navigator,bugati,they want to live in mansons, metchewww,i will advise those yeye doctor that if they want to become millionaires,they should quit the doctor thing and enter oil,construction,religious and political business things, doctorship is for peolpe who have humanity at heart not people who see it as a means of getting rich.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by dumodust(m): 7:42am On May 08, 2012
I'm saddened by how nigerians think,we're so oppressed and manipulated that can't see anymore. Being a medical doctor is a job not a humanitarian service. Nigerians and there politicians are the ones toying with there lives. Even in normal conditions, half the people on these pages cannot afford healthcare in these hospitals.
These guys want their due, they want to be able to pay rent, school fees and still focus on their work. If u feel they don't deserve that and that ucan read medicine, pls then go and read then come and toil for free for long hrs all week. Please, since we're all capable of charity, humanitarian work is not restricted to healthcare, everyone should be involved, therefore- all these ranters, foodstuff sellers, mtn, glo, lawyers, taxi drivers, barrow pushers and hawkers should give there services free and we can all switch from capitalism to communism.
Working is not by force, if u don't need them, some other state or country will poach them or they will enter the same expensive private practice that u detest.

Take care all...I'm looking forward to more expensive healthcare by imported Indians and Arabs...then nigerians who are subdued by white skin will rejoice and pay them 1million. You will reap only what you sow which is not the paltry con mess that they are asking for
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 7:48am On May 08, 2012
12 inches!:

I sigh at u....
Leme just ask you a few questions if u cn answer yes to any of it with proof then I can continue discussing with you.
1. Do engineers and other professionals do residency that take 4yrs after studying for 7yrs?
2. Do you think genuinely that doctors are being well paid?
3. Do you think Nigeria has the right doctor to patient ratio as established by WHO?
4. Do you think ALL doctors are interested ONLY in saving lives and av no desires to be wealthy?
5. Do you think the experience of doctors in a small private hospital can be compared to that of a doctor in a teaching hospital?
6. How is the schedule of a doctor in a public hospital like. Does it give time to easily do other work be it be private clinic or business?
7. VERY IMPORTANT: Have u ever been very sick before and in need of a surgery or special treatment and the only hope you have is God and a doctor?

Leme just let u understand. May God bless us with good health but if that time comes and you have no hope or you're serzly in pain, you will recognize that doctor's need not only to be paid well but also treated well. Cos wen that time comes it is only the public hospitals you'll have. The good private hospitals are owned or run by the same consultants in the public hospitals that you've refused to pay well where they charge u big money which you may not be able to afford. The only hope for the masses is the public hospitals.

1. Because engineers don't do residency, are you saying they are not professionals that should also have separate salary scale? Or are you saying doctors are more valuable than engineers and other professionals?

2. Because you think doctors are not well paid, so all their demands, reasonable or otherwise, should be approved without considering the government's purse, priority and the need for judicious utilization of resources?

3.How many countries have the right doctor to patient ratio? Is Nigeria the only exception and why are doctors not embarking on incessant strikes in such countries?

4.You don't become wealthy by depending on salary. Organize a seminar on how to invest for such doctors that want to be wealthy. Besides, because they want to be wealthy, the state government should empty her treasury to their union.

5. What do you mean by experience? Is the doctor in private hospital treating dogs and the one in teaching hospital treating super human? Based on your logic now, any doctor in a teaching hospital is more experienced than any one from private hospital. Is that what you mean?

6. Who now work in their private clinics that are scattered all over the states if their scheduled is so busy that they can hardy have time to yawn?

7. Sorry, I don't believe in God. S/He does not exist! I have been terribly sick at the point of death before and was save. I would have died if the doctor was on strike.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by extension: 7:49am On May 08, 2012
Pls is FASHOLA really an attorney? Is he another ABACHA in the making.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 7:49am On May 08, 2012
bigiyaro: Stupid idiots calling themselves doctors,the fundermental duties of a doctor is to save human lives,it is inhuman and totally against the oat voluntarily made during induction for a doctor to stand aside and watch people die in the name of one stupid strike or CONMESS or whatever.it is not as if they are not being paid but they want more,doctors want to ride lincon navigator,bugati,they want to live in mansons, metchewww,i will advise those yeye doctor that if they want to become millionaires,they should quit the doctor thing and enter oil,construction,religious and political business things, doctorship is for peolpe who have humanity at heart not people who see it as a means of getting rich.

And this my friend is one of the reasons why our healthcare sector will never grow.... You should get to understand that there are two kinds of doctors.
1. Those who are in it for humanitarian reasons
2. Those who want to be well paid for their services.

So are you saying we should sack all those who want to be well paid for their services. Are u also saying that a doctor is just a robot and shud jst be saving lives without reward? And do you knw that frm my experience I av found out that those who are in it for humanitarian services as u call it sometimes get frustrated and I av heard them say such things like " Me I cnt kill myself ooo...Afterall so so person earns so and so for doing less work.... God will not let u be treated by a frustrated doctor the same way God will not let u be taught by a frustrated teacher. Both require a lot of patience and caring which many pple don't have.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:00am On May 08, 2012
dumodust: I'm saddened by how nigerians think,we're so oppressed and manipulated that can't see anymore. Being a medical doctor is a job not a humanitarian service. Nigerians and there politicians are the ones toying with there lives. Even in normal conditions, half the people on these pages cannot afford healthcare in these hospitals.
These guys want their due, they want to be able to pay rent, school fees and still focus on their work. If u feel they don't deserve that and that ucan read medicine, pls then go and read then come and toil for free for long hrs all week. Please, since we're all capable of charity, humanitarian work is not restricted to healthcare, everyone should be involved, therefore- all these ranters, foodstuff sellers, mtn, glo, lawyers, taxi drivers, barrow pushers and hawkers should give there services free and we can all switch from capitalism to communism.
Working is not by force, if u don't need them, some other state or country will poach them or they will enter the same expensive private practice that u detest.

Take care all...I'm looking forward to more expensive healthcare by imported Indians and Arabs...then nigerians who are subdued by white skin will rejoice and pay them 1million. You will reap only what you sow which is not the paltry con mess that they are asking for

Don't sound emotional!!! Their services are not free!
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Ebenezerk2: 8:08am On May 08, 2012
nice talk
bayooooooo:

Do you dictate your salary to your employer?
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:13am On May 08, 2012
olsmade: I think Lagos state is the greater loser in dis fight. I remember over a year ago, I got an appointment as an intern with the LASG after a stellar performance in d test (I rated best in dat test b4 d interview). I was dismayed when I got the appointment letter and saw the pay package and sharply left for FMC Ekiti where I also got an appointment. Pls note that Im not from Lagos state so der is no issue of patriotism here. Lagos state even paid me on one occasion despite d fact dat I never resumed which I duly refunded. In essence, what I'm saying z dat Lagos docs are not necessarily greedy, they, just like me, know der worth n what z due to them n dats all dey r asking for. The masses will do well to ignore d media propaganda of the LASG who z just whipping up sentiments. Truth z dat even if LASG pays conmess, docs are still gonna be leaving for greener pasture- how much more now?
In more civilised climes, doctors n oda workers in highly urbanised areas, London I'm sure of, get higher pay than their colleagues in oda parts of the country cos the cost of living z considerably higher. Why can't we emulate welfare packages lyk dis? The cost of living in Lagos is incomparable to that in Ekiti, Osun n docs dere are even better paid. I'm a Corper in Osun presently n earn more than double what a Lagos Corper doctor earns.
However, I must say that I am dismayed at some of the abusive comments made by docs earlier in this thread. It rili shouldn't av gotten to that, no matter how passionate we are about this cause. I apologise on behalf of the profession.

That's my guy!!! Go to where you are appreciated!. Say hi to Gbadebo for me in Ido Ekiti!!!!
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:22am On May 08, 2012
bayooooooo:

That's my guy!!! Go to where you are appreciated!. Say hi to Gbadebo for me in Ido Ekiti!!!!

Exactly!!! It's not by force to work in Lagos. Go and work for a state government that would pay higher. m sure other professionals like nurses, pharmacist, radiation techs e.t.c in the civil service are watching closely, if Fashola bows to their pressure, others would make similar demands and the cycle begins all over again. Employees are answerable to their employers, not the other war round. Soon policemen would go on strike for not earning same amount as SSS officers.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by avicky(f): 8:23am On May 08, 2012
bayooooooo:

Stop spreading ignorance!!!

What's the correlation between road and the stupi$dity of incessant strikes? are they being less paid than their counterparts in other states? Afterall, you are in a country where strike is even illegal in most states? People like you should know better than spreading ignorance.

In the first instance, why were the sacked? Do you follow the history of how they have been embarking on unreasonable strikes here and there? Does that make sense to you? Can you be more powerful than your employer? In your opinion, no matter what, the state government should have pander to their interest. The government should recruit young doctors who are ready to work.
My dear, God bless u for dis reply.
U spoke my mind.
How can these heartless doctors whose first aim is to save lives, are now jeopardising d health of Nigerians. Do u knw how many lives have gone due to their incessant strikes
Since they want money, let them go abroad & get wot dey're looking for & let other dt are jobless take their positions. And many of dem own their private clinics & hosps alike, so dey hav nothing to loose.
So @bayo... Do ur findings, b4 u say anything.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:27am On May 08, 2012
If you doctors are not satisfied with the amount you are being paid
Then, why dont you move to states with better offer?
Is it by force to work with Lagos state government
While Banks are busy sacking their staffs in thousands, you are there going on strike
If i were one of these doctors, i will try own my own hospital and start reducing reliance on government money
You can then afford to pay your employees good money

Please, just leave lagos and go to other states or simply write application to other private well paid hospitals
I'm sure private hospitals Doctors cannot try what you are trying even if they are collecting more money than you of which i seriously doubt
Pack out of lagos and go to Ondo state or other states where you dont pay as high taxes as Lagos please

Jobless people who dont want to work
Within little time, i bet you, you will be replaced by better hands
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:29am On May 08, 2012
Fashola want to rubbish his administration. Wrong move and he will have no rest untill he reinstate them
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:30am On May 08, 2012
OK/2/NV:
This thread is now about egos
[size=30pt]HAHAHAHA[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Demdem(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2012
ngak: We are failing to see the real issue here. I'm trying to look at this without sentiment. It is not about whether the Drs are heartless or the govt is righT. It boils down to a series of agreements and facts

1. FG agreed for the Drs to have this CONMESS supposed to stablise them and reduce brain drain

2. The States agreed to implement them when it was approved by FG

3. It was approved and implemented

4. Lagos State among other states negiotiated with the drs what they would pay, when they would pay and how much arrears. An agreement was reached

5. Lagos state failed to keep their side of the bargain 13 months after reaching the agreement claiming issues needed to be ironed but manages to quadriple tax (This reminds me of ASUU)

6. Lagos state did not include the financial implication of this agreement into their 2011 or 2012
Budget

7. All efforts both nationally and locally for mediation bythe unions were rejected

8. Lagos State begins a smear campaign based on sympathy

9. If truely Lagos could not afford to pay this now, why could they not mediate and come to an agreemant

[b]I was among the first on this thread and it seems my questions has just been answered. If TRULY the above as highlighted by NGAk are the the main issues i think i will like to allign myself with the Docs somehow.
The bottom line is there is an agreement with the STATE govt (not even the fed) concerning these issues. All parties should learn to honor agreements no matter what. Even if the state govt cant afford it now, there are ways u can just cajole these people to be patient and sensitive to other professionals within the sector to avoid any misgivings. sacking them for demanding their lawful right (based on this agreement) to me seems to be too harsh.

Also the docs needs to be careful. Its getting obvious now that the vast populace seems to be fed up with their incessant strikes. A struggle that seems not be be in the people's good books will eventually fall no matter what and i believe this is what the state govt is capitalizing on. have the docs considered taking the legal route? i understand the fact that they cant dictate to their employers but me think this agreement should be legally binding somehow (someone help out here).

In summary, the people comes first. The side that has the people at its side will eventually win this struggle. Either the doc or govt, Time will tell.[/b]
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by justfash50: 8:32am On May 08, 2012
for doctors in the house.

Please focus on issues with the state government rather than justifying your profession.

Those arguing knows your importance in the society and would want your ego to be bruised.

Please call in to stv or tvc to get yourselves informed.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by vitality22(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2012
Governor FASHOLA, thank you sooooooooo much. Sack those useless doctors who think they are demi-gods, holding patients to ransome. Let them go and set up their own hospitals or better still go get a job at any FG owned health institutions. Bunch of E.diots
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by fuke(m): 8:38am On May 08, 2012
Good move. The docs are getting too cocky

even with their jumbo pay.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:45am On May 08, 2012
What is the difference between Lagos State Doctors and Boko Haram
Boko Haram guys kill people for whatever reason they see as good, just and justifiable
Lagos State Doctors kill people because they want a better package among other things
This is simply crazy
You stupid guys or Doctors on these forum are saying rubish because your sisters or brothers are not yet a victim of these strikes
How many people have died because of these singular act?
You cannot just abandon work that has to do with life of other people just because you are not well payed
You cannot afford to jeopardize the lives of innocent people just to bring the hands of government down to your side
That is not definitely how to win a war?
The only doctors i have ever heard striking every now and then are the lagos doctors
Why?
What is so special about Doctors whose only experience is basically treating malaria related issues?
Some have the experience in the theatre i bet Doctors in private hospitals also do

You cant justify killing people just because you want a pay raise?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:46am On May 08, 2012
dejato: Saxywale, i cant but laugh at your stupidity.. I want to see were Fashola will see just 200 doctors to take the jobs. Ogun state pays 200k minimum, Oyo pays 210k, ondo pays 195k and all these states are with very little tax. You think doctors are stupid? if they offer me 400k for that job, i wont take it. Do we look like slaves? All over the world doctors are the highest paid and they can afford basics. in Naija as a doctor you cant even send your children to the best school. They say doctors have more than one job. Have you ever seen any human being that likes to work like Jackal? if the rubbish salary they pay in government hospital is sufficient for their need will they take other jobs and be away from the comfort of their homes and children? If you go to the market and the market woman knows you are a doctor, your bill will quickly increase in 2 folds. But the govt can spend 3 billion for Jagaban Borgus birthday.Lagos state government doctors are the greatest slaves in the whole country. Fashola increases hospital size, declares free treatment and doesnt increase the work force. when doctors in other states do half of their jobs.

dejato, you have sickle cells in your brain. Learn how to pass you opinion or facts without swearing. If you had gone through my post, you would have seen its not firsthand information and I did mention that things might have changed. I am sure its the likes of you that make up your crazy union of heartless beings. Sun of a gun.
Read the punch today 373 new doctors to be inducted
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 8:49am On May 08, 2012
lari03:
Read the punch today 373 new doctors to be inducted

cry cheesy grin grin shocked cool It's almost 4am, I am out of here!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by slq(m): 9:04am On May 08, 2012
Doctors are really the most considerate pips(not saying cos am one tho)..Its sad that in Nigeria u can only achieve wat u want thru strikes..but the govt doesnt care cos em don use d doctors ..the fly abroad to treat hypertension dat can be easily controlled here..bottom line is dat is d poor masses who suffer doctors strike..and in most strike doctors secretly sneak in @ night to see some patient @ d risk of being fined by the medical body(like 5k each time u r caught)..the real truth of the matter is dat bash Drs all u like here but if u fail to notice d problem here is ur govt dont give a sh*t about u then u r deluded...n b4 any strikein- patients r not abandoned.they r stil taken care of if they cant be transfered to a private hospital to seek care..methinks LASG can afford their demand ,tho both parties might need to compromise a lil.But NMA n MDCAN and NARD should not let any Dr take those jobs..(No sane reasoning Dr shud even tink it cos it wud weaken the only means u negotiate with dis selfish politicians,but I know selfish pips wud stil rush to it...they r hundreds of federal n private hospitals in Lagos....
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Demdem(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2012
slq: Doctors are really the most considerate pips(not saying cos am one tho)..Its sad that in Nigeria u can only achieve wat u want thru strikes..but the govt doesnt care cos em don use d doctors ..the fly abroad to treat hypertension dat can be easily controlled here..bottom line is dat is d poor masses who suffer doctors strike..and in most strike doctors secretly sneak in @ night to see some patient @ d risk of being fined by the medical body(like 5k each time u r caught)..the real truth of the matter is dat bash Drs all u like here but if u fail to notice d problem here is ur govt dont give a sh*t about u then u r deluded...n b4 any strikein- patients r not abandoned.they r stil taken care of if they cant be transfered to a private hospital to seek care..methinks LASG can afford their demand ,tho both parties might need to compromise a lil.But NMA n MDCAN and NARD should not let any Dr take those jobs..(No sane reasoning Dr shud even tink it cos it wud weaken the only means u negotiate with dis selfish politicians,but I know selfish pips wud stil rush to it...they r hundreds of federal n private hospitals in Lagos....

I disagree. they arent selfish. many among them are jobless and just needs something to survive.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by ektbear: 9:08am On May 08, 2012
This bayoooo is a very sensible fellow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Can Make 100-year-old Woman Pregnant — Nigerian Fertility Expert / Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know / Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.