Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,119 members, 7,977,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:51 PM

Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (23227 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 12:17am On May 11, 2012
oduasolja: OJUKWU went to war because he saw an opportunity to appropriate minority land and oil.

if it was just about freedom , then why did biafra troops murder minorities who opposed biafra.

that right there is clear proof to me that it was more than just a desire for freedom.

it was also a desire to also appropriate minority land.

why did minorities fight against biafra

were they forced into biafra against their will ?

answer these clear cut questions.

at least somebody is asking the right questions, in rivers there is upland and river rine, the upland guys share a lot of things in common with ibos, it might interest you to note that one LGA in rivers state speak core aboriginal igbo language, but same cant be said of the riverine who doesn't even understand the language nor speak the language let alone share cultural similarities.

i met with one old boat captain who told me that during the war, the biafrans were taking them as POW's, i was shocked, i called someone else who served in the biafran army and he confirmed it, the man was even saying that the Nigerian soldiers treated them better than the Biafrans can you imagine?

he said that a little hospitality is enof for the Nigerian soldiers to move on while the biafrans will load them in a boat, ferry them to upland and force them to join the fight.

he told me a funny incident where the biafran soldiers caught about 8 of them, while they ferried across, one of his cousins asked him if the soldiers can swim, he now said he has heard of river Niger before but not sure, immediately, his cousin with one of them that understood their local dialect now capsized the boat,

all them ojukwu boys started calling them for help. you seriously don't know why those people hate ibos?

ojukwu eye big no be small
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 12:35am On May 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you expect more? Robert de Niro? WHy not Bruce lee

lol, bruce willis shows robert de nero in his television yet he will be arguing like he knows something,
do you use Nissan LCD TV?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 4:40am On May 11, 2012
jp philips:

lol, bruce willis shows robert de nero in his television yet he will be arguing like he knows something,
do you use Nissan LCD TV?

Jp philips do you use philips flat screen?

do u bank with JP morgan?

ishi okpukpu
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 9:20am On May 11, 2012
jp philips:

at least somebody is asking the right questions, in rivers there is upland and river rine, the upland guys share a lot of things in common with ibos, it might interest you to note that one LGA in rivers state speak core aboriginal igbo language, but same cant be said of the riverine who doesn't even understand the language nor speak the language let alone share cultural similarities.

i met with one old boat captain who told me that during the war, the biafrans were taking them as POW's, i was shocked, i called someone else who served in the biafran army and he confirmed it, the man was even saying that the Nigerian soldiers treated them better than the Biafrans can you imagine?

he said that a little hospitality is enof for the Nigerian soldiers to move on while the biafrans will load them in a boat, ferry them to upland and force them to join the fight.

he told me a funny incident where the biafran soldiers caught about 8 of them, while they ferried across, one of his cousins asked him if the soldiers can swim, he now said he has heard of river Niger before but not sure, immediately, his cousin with one of them that understood their local dialect now capsized the boat,

all them ojukwu boys started calling them for help. you seriously don't know why those people hate ibos?

ojukwu eye big no be small

an unguarded chimp is running around on this thread with some fake stories tongue
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by thoth: 10:14am On May 11, 2012
Gowon later found out that he has been tricked and used by the Brits to gain a foothold in Nigeria and he now regrets all that he has done back in the sixties and the seventies.

Nigeria was better off than most of the these nations after independence, even better than US and Britain, our economy was booming and we still have many avenues to grow, our currency was far more stronger and stable than theirs(Britain,US,France,Germany etc) and we had mineral resources to back it up.
The pioneers of those days just being freed from colonization has a subtle hidden hatred for the west and was trying by all means to prevent any kind of domination and imperialistic exploits from them.
The west cannot allow such thing, it threatens their existence, it threatens all they have established as black people being backward and their reasons for interfering in African affairs, imagine a free African nation, where it government uses its resources for its people, Nigerian has surplus skilled and unskilled labor,stable economy, and was speedily INDUSTRIALIZING,with the needed natural resources to back it up. They can't allow such a nation to exist, we would take over their exports to African and in fact dominate their interest. their answer to that was the coup, the patriots staged a counter coup, and they manipulated it from the tribal lines which eventually led to war.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 10:58am On May 11, 2012
Gowon, go and campaign for peace in plateau state. Stop mis-yarning about a Nigeria you are yet to understand
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by mpumalanga: 11:06am On May 11, 2012
thoth: Gowon later found out that he has been tricked and used by the Brits to gain a foothold in Nigeria and he now regrets all that he has done back in the sixties and the seventies.

Nigeria was better off than most of the these nations after independence, even better than US and Britain, our economy was booming and we still have many avenues to grow, our currency was far more stronger and stable than theirs(Britain,US,France,Germany etc) and we had mineral resources to back it up.
The pioneers of those days just being freed from colonization has a subtle hidden hatred for the west and was trying by all means to prevent any kind of domination and imperialistic exploits from them.
The west cannot allow such thing, it threatens their existence, it threatens all they have established as black people being backward and their reasons for interfering in African affairs, imagine a free African nation, where it government uses its resources for its people, Nigerian has surplus skilled and unskilled labor,stable economy, and was speedily INDUSTRIALIZING,with the needed natural resources to back it up. They can't allow such a nation to exist, we would take over their exports to African and in fact dominate their interest. their answer to that was the coup, the patriots staged a counter coup, and they manipulated it from the tribal lines which eventually led to war.
The patriots staged a counter coup:just relax and continue to enjoy the fruits of your patriots and stop blaming the west because they did not send your patriots to murder,molest and disembowel humans.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2012
T9ksy:

@ bolded, you should look in the mirror, ol' boy.

Ojukwu knew about the Jan. 15 coup, so too did Ironsi and fajuyi.

I still maintain that[b]you are damn pathological LIAR.[/b]

Forget about the messenger for a second if you can and deal with the message instead.

Was Gowon lying when he said "ojukwu would have ruled nigeria had he taken Lagos"?

Oh btw, am still waiting (patiently)for your evidence that conclusively show that NCNC won the 1951 regional election in yorubaland.

Do you expect dede1 to ruminate on the above conjectural crap? Anyway, what does one expect from whiner who denied even hearing about “carpet crossing” in western regional house of assembly.

I guess a dunce will take offence and possibly stone a person who equates art of knowledge to art participation. It is not lost on me that Yoruba people, due to their chameleonic demeanor, can deduce that Ojukwu was a participant in the coup that saw off Tafawa Balewa’s government.

You are a babalowo extraordinary as to determine which senior Nigerian army officer who knew about January 15, 1966 coup. It is will not be out of place if I join your state of delusion by saying that Ogundipe, Adebayo, Wey, Adefope, Peter, Imo, Eze, Bassey, Nwawo, Gowon, Korubo, Njoku and Awunnah knew about the January 15, 1966 coup.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2012
Dede1:

Do you expect dede1 to ruminate on the above conjectural crap? Anyway, what does one expect from whiner who denied even hearing about “carpet crossing” in western regional house of assembly.

I guess a dunce will take offence and possibly stone a person who equates art of knowledge to art participation. It is not lost on me that Yoruba people, due to their chameleonic demeanor, can deduce that Ojukwu was a participant in the coup that saw off Tafawa Balewa’s government.

You are a babalowo extraordinary as to determine which senior Nigerian army officer who knew about January 15, 1966 coup. It is will not be out of place if I join your state of delusion by saying that Ogundipe, Adebayo, Wey, Adefope, Peter, Imo, Eze, Bassey, Nwawo, Gowon, Korubo, Njoku and Awunnah knew about the January 15, 1966 coup.

There was no time i feign ignorance of carpet-crossing in western regional house of assembly.How could i or any yorubaman for that matter as you ibos have been singing this fallacoius tune since 1951. Even Ojukwu in one of his last interview before he snuffed it, also lent his name to this lie but till date not a single one of you lot can provide evidence of this alleged carpet-crossing.But you don't see anything wrong in propagating news that you can not back up.

Many people knew about the coup including Akintola the current ppremier of western region at the time. He had just come back from warning the sardunna about the coming coup when ibo "nationalists"(yeah right, and am the great grand-son of king solomon and queen of sheeba) visited his body with bullets from the sub-machine guns we bought for them to enable them to protect us from external aggression.If ojukwu was aware of the coup but kept the info to himself, then he's an accomplice even though he did not participate in the actual coup. Is it normal for a military personal to hear of an impending coup and kept mute?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by xwolverine: 3:32pm On May 11, 2012
Kanto:

@lagcity: the first thing you notice about a coward is that they are loudmouthed, all noise and no action. That is why Brigadier ogundipe instead of assuming office as head of state became ben johnson and ran away, that is why Adekunle, Lt general akinrinnade, bola tinubu and others ran away during the june 12 crisis before any war had even started,

This is called intelligence and calculation. You assume if he died during the June12 struggle, his dead body would become the governor of Lagos state? even you god Ojukwu was rejected by his own people.

Kanto:
that is why General Oladipo Diya was crying like a baby, that is why when yorubas were being killed by the Abacha junta during the june 12 wahala you only make noise without action. Declare war and fight you couldnt, because you were too afraid to contemplate how you would have been used for mincemeat and so you choose the cowardly route of dieing many times before your death. You guys are quite simply bed wetting wimps and slimy cockroaches.

When awolowo was imprisoned for coup plotting and the yoruba region was on fire with yorubas killing themselves, yoruba officers in their usual cowardice chickened out. If not for the Eastern officers who made the mistake of acting to stop the carnage in the west not knowing that the people they were helping are slimy backstabbers, the yorubas would have totally destroyed themselves while all the cowardly yoruba officers did nothing.

William shakespeare said that cowards die many times before their death while a brave man dies but once. you yorubas die a thousand times before your deaths because you are bedwetting wimps.

Because of your corwardice and parasitic nature you joined your hausa masters to fight a war were you preyed on defenceless people, after the war you ended up as 2nd class citizens serving your hausa masters. What a shame! That is what happens to loud but empty wimps like yorubas who cannot stand and fight for their rights. It is better to fight and loose a war than to fight on the winning side and end up a 2nd class cockroach.

Not to worry, very soon religious war will start in your area and this time there will be no eastern officers to do a coup and save your dirty arses. This time around all of you will perish and nigeria will be better for it because you cockroaches introduced all the vices that ruined the nation from the first republic when you introduced coup plotting, the first state of emergency, election rigging corruption, thuggery, arson, mass murders etc You yorubas also introduced the most heinous vice of mass murders and genocide of defenceless civilians including women and children not only in nigeria but in africa. From Adekunle-Awolowo in Biafra, major paul okuntimo in the niger-delta task force and obasanjo in Odi bayelsa state and Zaki Biam benue state where he gave orders and the whole odi and zaki biam community were totally wiped out. In all these incidents yoruba cowardly mass murderers who are expert in preying on defenceless people were behind the mass murder of defenceless civilians including women and children.The most recent yoruba genocide being the mass graves in Odi and zaki biam is there for all to see.

It is obvious that without you cockroaches and all the destructive vices you introduced, the nation would have been better. But the wheel is turning and i urge you to write down todays date and mark my words, because the price will very soon be paid by you cockroaches.

I dont have time to be engaging with ignorant and cowardly cockroaches. Am off on vacation to do better things with my time and dont forget to take a bath because yorubas are well known for being very dirty and ugly!

Second class citizens? PDP has been ruling you guys in the east since 1999, and your regional party apga doesn't even have a foothold, who is really a second class citizen to the Hausas?
shows your level of intelligence

We know you are pained by the war and you lost a lot, why dont you just move on with your miserable life and stop calling people names because they dont support your agitations?

stop waiting till when the country splits as if that will decide if you will be succesful in life. No region has monopoly of corrupt politicians, and marginallisation, what is the assurance that your biafra would not be controlled by the ruling class? check what has been happening in the present eastern states, with odili, ibori, amaechi, orji and the likes, embezzling money. even when the country splits, its still going to be business as usual for the politicians, @Jp philips rightly pointed out that the war was premedidated based on the self ambition of ojukwu, simples.

Abeg make we hear word.

Mind you I am not Yoruba, but you need to learn self believe and know what you can do for yourself, not what the region or country can do for you.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 11, 2012
You lot are just going round and round in circles. You want to Know Ojukwu's Intentions if he had gotten Lagos? Well, decide after reading this.

LETTER FROM LT.COL. OJUKWU TO LT. COL.BANJO

22nd AUGUST 1967

Republic of Biafra Enugu,

22nd August, 1967.

My dear Victor,

1. For some time now, you and I have been discussing the circumstances that have led to the current and inevitable disintegration of what was the Federation of Nigeria. We have been fully convinced that the aim of the Hausa/Fulani complex has ever been, and will ever remain, the total domination of every other part of what was known as the Federation of Nigeria. It is impossible to forget that the crisis which led to the army take over in January 1966, the coup of the Northern soldiers led by Gowon in July 1966, the wholesale and indiscriminate massacre of the people of what is now Biafra- and, to a less degree, the people of the Mid-West and West, including the Yorubas, were all the direct result of Hausa/Fulani attempt to subjugate and use as tools, the gallant people of Western Nigeria namely the Yorubas. We do not need to remind ourselves of the heavy losses in life and property suffered by the Yoruba people in their fight for justice and freedom during 1965.

2. Sharing.our belief that the people of Yorubaland have a right to live a life of equality and self-respect and justice free of domination and dictatorship from any quarter, you have both identified with the cause of the Biafra struggle for survival and expressed your determination to see the people of Yorubaland freed from Hausa/Fulani domination.
We, the people of Biafra, for our part are willing and have decided to give you and the people of Yorubaland every assistance to achieve your aim.

3. After clearing the whole question with my Executive Council, I, as the Commander in Chief of the Biafran Armed Forces, have decided to place at your disposal Biafran forces, for the liberation of
Yorubaland
on the following clear conditions:-

(i) You will have nothing to do with the Military Administrator in the Mid-West Territory during your sojourn there prior to your move to the West.

(ii) The willingness and preparedness of Biafra to assist any part of the former Federation of Nigeria wishing and willing to liberate itself from the Hausa/Fulani domination, does not in anyway whatever
imply any inclination on her part to compromise her sovereignty or preserve what remains of the defunct Federation of Nigeria. In other words, our sovereignty and break with Nigeria is irrevocable. Nothing must, therefore be said or done by you or any member of the Liberation Army to give a contrary impression.

(iii) Biafra is determined to maintain and safeguard her sovereignty and ensure that her integrity and safety are never again threatened.

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:

(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in your territory;

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.

5. It is essential, in order to avoid misunderstanding or confusion, that all subsequent requests for support be formally made to me by you in writing.

6. Will you please signify in writing, your acceptance of the above conditions so that you may leave for Western Nigeria and lead the army of liberation.

Yours very sincerely,

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces.

culled from " A Break in the Silence : Lt. Col. Victor Adebukunola Banjo, pp.66-68, by F. Adetowun Ogunsheye, Spectrum Books, Ibadan, 2001" . Provided by Prof. Olufemi Ojo.

http://www.dawodu.com/biafra1.htm
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 5:06pm On May 11, 2012
kingoflag: You lot are just going round and round in circles. You want to Know Ojukwu's Intentions if he had gotten Lagos? Well, decide after reading this.

LETTER FROM LT.COL. OJUKWU TO LT. COL.BANJO

22nd AUGUST 1967

Republic of Biafra Enugu,

22nd August, 1967.

My dear Victor,

1. For some time now, you and I have been discussing the circumstances that have led to the current and inevitable disintegration of what was the Federation of Nigeria. We have been fully convinced that the aim of the Hausa/Fulani complex has ever been, and will ever remain, the total domination of every other part of what was known as the Federation of Nigeria. It is impossible to forget that the crisis which led to the army take over in January 1966, the coup of the Northern soldiers led by Gowon in July 1966, the wholesale and indiscriminate massacre of the people of what is now Biafra- and, to a less degree, the people of the Mid-West and West, including the Yorubas, were all the direct result of Hausa/Fulani attempt to subjugate and use as tools, the gallant people of Western Nigeria namely the Yorubas. We do not need to remind ourselves of the heavy losses in life and property suffered by the Yoruba people in their fight for justice and freedom during 1965.

2. Sharing.our belief that the people of Yorubaland have a right to live a life of equality and self-respect and justice free of domination and dictatorship from any quarter, you have both identified with the cause of the Biafra struggle for survival and expressed your determination to see the people of Yorubaland freed from Hausa/Fulani domination.
We, the people of Biafra, for our part are willing and have decided to give you and the people of Yorubaland every assistance to achieve your aim.

3. After clearing the whole question with my Executive Council, I, as the Commander in Chief of the Biafran Armed Forces, have decided to place at your disposal Biafran forces, for the liberation of
Yorubaland
on the following clear conditions:-

(i) You will have nothing to do with the Military Administrator in the Mid-West Territory during your sojourn there prior to your move to the West.

(ii) The willingness and preparedness of Biafra to assist any part of the former Federation of Nigeria wishing and willing to liberate itself from the Hausa/Fulani domination, does not in anyway whatever
imply any inclination on her part to compromise her sovereignty or preserve what remains of the defunct Federation of Nigeria. In other words, our sovereignty and break with Nigeria is irrevocable. Nothing must, therefore be said or done by you or any member of the Liberation Army to give a contrary impression.

(iii) Biafra is determined to maintain and safeguard her sovereignty and ensure that her integrity and safety are never again threatened.

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:

(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in your territory;

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.

5. It is essential, in order to avoid misunderstanding or confusion, that all subsequent requests for support be formally made to me by you in writing.

6. Will you please signify in writing, your acceptance of the above conditions so that you may leave for Western Nigeria and lead the army of liberation.

Yours very sincerely,

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces.

culled from " A Break in the Silence : Lt. Col. Victor Adebukunola Banjo, pp.66-68, by F. Adetowun Ogunsheye, Spectrum Books, Ibadan, 2001" . Provided by Prof. Olufemi Ojo.

http://www.dawodu.com/biafra1.htm

The above conjectural drivel is borne out of shame and cowardice. On August 8, 1967, Col Banjo, as the divisional commander of 101, and other brigade commanders were issued order to take Lagos through mid-western region. Why would the commander in chief write a personal letter to a field commander on subject matter of war and reconstruction 14 days later?

Where is the seal of Biafran Coat of Arm on the letter? All communications between head of state and field commanders were channeled through the army headquarter. Please can someone tell Yoruba peeps that they decided to create enmity between Yoruba and Ndigbo by opting to fight alongside northern region and no amount of idiotic shenanigans can change the situation?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by OneNaira6: 5:57pm On May 11, 2012
oduasolja: OJUKWU went to war because he saw an opportunity to appropriate minority land and oil.

if it was just about freedom , then why did biafra troops murder minorities who opposed biafra.

that right there is clear proof to me that it was more than just a desire for freedom.

it was also a desire to also appropriate minority land.

why did minorities fight against biafra

were they forced into biafra against their will ?

answer these clear cut questions.

I love how nigerians pretend the entire minority was alongside by them. Maybe your ignorant mind did not realize the entire ss was divided. Half for nigeria, the other half for biafra. For every one ijaw for nigeria such as clark, there is equally one for biafra such as rex lawson. For every ibibio for biafra such as effiong, there is equally one for nigeria such as ( you fill it in. i dont know one), etc,etc. I would have asked you to being out proof over biafran soliders killing minorites that opposed them but I do not feel like waiting for months for the proof. Im tired of asking una to back sh1t up, una never do. I on the other hand can interpret how nigerian soliders treated minorites they claim to be liberating. Thank adekunle for his big mouth. On his interview una have posted up here thinking it would show him off as a warrior not realizing its given a different opinion than the desired intention, the european interviewer indicated most of the prisoners he captured and tortured and villages he invaded were non-igbo, what was his reply, oh yeah he did so incase there were igbo among them. Is this how nigeria tried liberating people? While we are on liberation, did asabians ask nigeria to liberate us? Did we? We volunteered to join biafra since they are kinsmen and even though it was unoffical yet and still considered nigerians despite all that nigerian polticians ordered the massacre of people of asaba. My grandfather was a victim of such. Is this nigerian liberation? If so, did we ask for it.

Since im typing all this on a phone, I cant give u links so google it: asaba massacre and adekunle interview

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 11, 2012
Dede1:

The above conjectural drivel is borne out of shame and cowardice. On August 8, 1967, Col Banjo, as the divisional commander of 101, and other brigade commanders were issued order to take Lagos through mid-western region. Why would the commander in chief write a personal letter to a field commander on subject matter of war and reconstruction 14 days later?

Where is the seal of Biafran Coat of Arm on the letter? All communications between head of state and field commanders were channeled through the army headquarter. Please can someone tell Yoruba peeps that they decided to create enmity between Yoruba and Ndigbo by opting to fight alongside northern region and no amount of idiotic shenanigans can change the situation?

Dude, abeg just shut up if you don't have anything better to add than lies. You're so freaking irritating.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2012
xwolverine:

This is called intelligence and calculation. You assume if he died during the June12 struggle, his dead body would become the governor of Lagos state? even you god Ojukwu was rejected by his own people.

Second class citizens? PDP has been ruling you guys in the east since 1999, and your regional party apga doesn't even have a foothold, who is really a second class citizen to the Hausas?
shows your level of intelligence

We know you are pained by the war and you lost a lot, why dont you just move on with your miserable life and stop calling people names because they dont support your agitations?

stop waiting till when the country splits as if that will decide if you will be succesful in life. No region has monopoly of corrupt politicians, and marginallisation, what is the assurance that your biafra would not be controlled by the ruling class? check what has been happening in the present eastern states, with odili, ibori, amaechi, orji and the likes, embezzling money. even when the country splits, its still going to be business as usual for the politicians, @Jp philips rightly pointed out that the war was premedidated based on the self ambition of ojukwu, simples.

Abeg make we hear word.

Mind you I am not Yoruba, but you need to learn self believe and know what you can do for yourself, not what the region or country can do for you.

This is how i know you are Yoruba....you called odili and ibori governor of eastern state...
No SS man will say Rivers state or Delta is in the east
North knows the difference in region.

So this leaves ofemanus as the option for you, since Yoruba's idea of Nigeria is if your name has arabic origins then you are hausa (very son dem go call oshiomole hausa cos his middle name na Aliyu)
if your name has say Mofe,you are Yoruba...
if non of the above then you are igbo (so efemena is igbo, nosa is igbo, ufoma is igbo, elohor is igbo, edet is igbo, rukwevwe is igbo, priye is igbo, jumbo is igbo). Una daft well well sha no be today.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, abeg just shut up if you don't have anything better to add than lies. You're so freaking irritating.

my guy sharap there, dem force you com this forum? Anuofia di ka gi, mechionu nke gi.
anumanu
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 9:29pm On May 11, 2012
What makes me so happy is that no matter the long stories by pimps and cockroaches here Ojukwu has been vindicated by the predicanment of nigeria today. Yorubas have been crying for a sovereign national conference, middle belters are asking for a sovereign national conference, south south is asking for a sovereign national conference, everyone is now seeking a return to aburi accord. nigeria is a failed state lacking in the most basic infrastructure and boko haram wants to islamise the whole nation.

Nigeria under the leadership of the hausa-yoruba since the end of the civil war is the most corrupt country in the world and the biggest failed state in the world. Very soon boko haram will extend their religious war to the south and nigeria will face fire. Ojukwu has turned out a prophet who has been vindicated. I dey laugh o!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2012
kingoflag:

kingofool

I would have love for a scoundrel and son of jittery knees such as to produce any personal letter Gowon wrote to his field commanders such as Adekunle or Obasanjo. I hate the loudmouths and their offspring with passion. If they are not cooking a childish lie about Fajuiyi wanting to die with Ironsi, they are surely conjecturing a devilish and feel-happy essay which paints them as suckers.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2012
Kanto: What makes me so happy is that no matter the long stories by pimps and cockroaches here Ojukwu has been vindicated by the predicanment of nigeria today. Yorubas have been crying for a sovereign national conference, middle belters are asking for a sovereign national conference, south south is asking for a sovereign national conference, everyone is now seeking a return to aburi accord. nigeria is a failed state lacking in the most basic infrastructure and boko haram wants to islamise the whole nation.

Nigeria under the leadership of the hausa-yoruba since the end of the civil war is the most corrupt country in the world and the biggest failed state in the world. Very soon boko haram will extend their religious war to the south and nigeria will face fire. Ojukwu has turned out a prophet who has been vindicated. I dey laugh o!

The alleged cry for a sovereign national conference by Yoruba toward present state of Nigeria is purely crocodilian in nature. The present socio-politico-economic situation Nigeria favors the Yoruba land. The jittery knees have megacity built for them through Republic of Nigeria’s coffers.

I hope the so-called moronic minorities in the eastern region are awake and watching. If you watch the political demeanor of the Yoruba peeps, the only political endeavor that gives them sweaty nightmare is serious talk of disintegration of Nigeria. I had wished the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Tiv etc would build political courage to agree to the disintegration of Nigeria.

I really want to see mutual and competitive environment or relationship exist among nation states after Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 1:18am On May 12, 2012
Kanto: What makes me so happy is that no matter the long stories by pimps and cockroaches here Ojukwu has been vindicated by the predicanment of nigeria today. Yorubas have been crying for a sovereign national conference, middle belters are asking for a sovereign national conference, south south is asking for a sovereign national conference, everyone is now seeking a return to aburi accord. nigeria is a failed state lacking in the most basic infrastructure and boko haram wants to islamise the whole nation.

no mind Yoruba and their useless sophisticaed education...in everything they go call themselves sophisticated (politics, education, finance....even enter shiiittting, pissing, phocking na dem sophisticated pass na wa o, talk about blowing one's trumpet)

every small thing dem go say sage ara-wolowo imagine. Sage? the guy was a dunce abeg..If he was a sage why are his people clamouring for olodo-wa republic? why are they clamouring for SNC? didnt he fight to keep nigeria one? OH the "sage" didn't have the foresight to see that this union was useless.. Among his contemporaries and elders, there was none like OJUKWU period. He saw the future (abeg the guy too know book biko kupuru unuya aka)... Na wetin he see 40 yrs ago na now dumb ofe manus are catching up and scratching their head like "oh yea, SNC SNC SNC, nigeria is not one blah blah blah"///Slowpokes.

Sophisticated dummies they are for real...

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 1:53am On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

kingofool

I would have love for a scoundrel and son of jittery knees such as to produce any personal letter Gowon wrote to his field commanders such as Adekunle or Obasanjo. I hate the loudmouths and their offspring with passion. If they are not cooking a childish lie about Fajuiyi wanting to die with Ironsi, they are surely conjecturing a devilish and feel-happy essay which paints them as suckers.

Old man go get a life instead of coming online everyday battling with kids your Grand Children's age. Aren't you ashamed you always seem to find a way to sound stupider than people you're older than by at least 45 years?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 2:06am On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

The alleged cry for a sovereign national conference by Yoruba toward present state of Nigeria is purely crocodilian in nature. The present socio-politico-economic situation Nigeria favors the Yoruba land. The jittery knees have megacity built for them through Republic of Nigeria’s coffers.

I hope the so-called moronic minorities in the eastern region are awake and watching. If you watch the political demeanor of the Yoruba peeps, the only political endeavor that gives them sweaty nightmare is serious talk of disintegration of Nigeria. I had wished the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Tiv etc would build political courage to agree to the disintegration of Nigeria.

I really want to see mutual and competitive environment or relationship exist among nation states after Nigeria.

Ol' boy, don't cry for me! So whether we are afraid of nigeria splitting up tommorrow or not should be of

no concern to you especially since you already stated clearly in your previos post on this page, how much enmity you hold

for the yorubas. You and your ilk want biafra, huh. Then go for it. Abi, who is stopping you? As long as you don't attempt

to impinge on my ancestral land, then you have no problem with me. Infact, i pray you guys get your biafra 'cause the day

you lot actualise your dream is the day all ibos becomes persona-non-grata in yorubaland. Any obdurate ibo we find

still lurking around in yorubaland shall be offer as sacrifice to one of our myriad dieties.

And as per your last line, i say "No way"! After nigeria, we yorubas do not want any form of relationship whatsoever

with you ibos
.Our past interactions with you guys has left a long-lasting bad taste in the mouth so no chance of an

encore.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 2:53am On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

I hope the so-called moronic minorities in the eastern region are awake and watching. [b]If you watch the political demeanor of the Yoruba peeps, the only political endeavor that gives them sweaty nightmare is serious talk of disintegration of Nigeria. [/b]I had wished the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Tiv etc would build political courage to agree to the disintegration of Nigeria.

The two bolded at spot on.
To be honest, they are the most scared (of the major tribes) about Nigeria's possible disintegration.
If you notice in the "who owns Lagos" thread, they deliberately make outrageous statements about what would happen to Igbo properties in Lagos, and the rest of it, all in lame and weak attempts to dissuade us from seeking Biafra. I had to tell them that the two are mutually exclusive.
The ultimate truth though is that when we get Biafra, Lagos will lose everything that makes it tick. FACT.
Onitsha, Aba and Porthacourt will simply dwarf Lagos within a period of 10 years. cool
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Ybutterfly: 3:12am On May 12, 2012
^^^^^^^^ S_t-u-P-i-D THre@D^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 4:27am On May 12, 2012
T9ksy:

Ol' boy, don't cry for me! So whether we are afraid of nigeria splitting up tommorrow or not should be of

no concern to you especially since you already stated clearly in your previos post on this page, how much enmity you hold

for the yorubas. You and your ilk want biafra, huh. Then go for it. Abi, who is stopping you? As long as you don't attempt

to impinge on my ancestral land, then you have no problem with me. Infact, i pray you guys get your biafra 'cause the day

you lot actualise your dream is the day all ibos becomes persona-non-grata in yorubaland. Any obdurate ibo we find

still lurking around in yorubaland shall be offer as sacrifice to one of our myriad dieties.

And as per your last line, i say "No way"! After nigeria, we yorubas do not want any form of relationship whatsoever

with you ibos
.Our past interactions with you guys has left a long-lasting bad taste in the mouth so no chance of an

encore.

WOW I KNOW TALK AM BEFORE? I KNEW HALF OF Yorubas WERE BH....ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE ONE OLUMIDE OR OLUSOLA OR OLUDAYO GO BOMB PLANE...

STOP BLAMING HAUSAS ONLY....AREGBOSALA I AM SURE U SENT THIS ONE FOR ONE INTERNSHIP FOR NORTH....

NIGERIA WAKE UP HAUSA AND Yoruba ARE BOTH ABOKIS, WITH INTENT TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA

[size=18pt]JTF nabs terrorists’ head of operations, wife as explosions rock Maiduguri[/size]

"Meanwhile, the force in Kano arrested a high profile sect leader, his wife and five children yesterday. The troops early morning raided Farawa quarters, a sprawling slum in Kumbotso Local Government area of the municipality and arrested the sect leader identified as Suleiman Mohammed who is suspected to hail from Ogbomosho, Osun state, South West Nigeria."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/jtf-nabs-terrorists-head-of-operations-wife-as-explosions-rock-maiduguri/
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Yewe2011(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2012
amosy007: Igbo people really want south south badly sad bloody parasites tongue

...cant u people just demand biafra without bringing south south into d context...
For u peoples info... South south doesnt belong to igbo neither does it belong to yorubas... If u want biafra agitate for it with ur 5 state and stop hoping that south south will join u... Bloody greedy parasites.....

Am out all other quote can kiss my ass tongue

Not saying I agree (I'm not Nigerian after all) but I think the purpose of Biafra annexing the south-south region of Nigeria was to prevent the country from being landlocked.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2012
kingoflag:

Old man go get a life instead of coming online everyday battling with kids your Grand Children's age. Aren't you ashamed you always seem to find a way to sound stupider than people you're older than by at least 45 years?

kingofool the puppy

It is good to notice my superior argument has turned you into a dysfunctional dimwit. If your speculation of the time I have already spent on earth is remotely correct, there is a very good chance your mother warmed my bed while I lived in Palm Grove, Lagos State and her waist-end was really hammered. Whenever you idiotically speculate my age, I remember the good old days I had with your mother before your jittery legged father arrived onto the scene.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Yewe2011(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2012
mimifonwon:

Would you stay in a country that stole and maltreated your people if you could do something about it. Igbo land was the last to be conquered by the british because they resisted the unity called nigeria. So for Ojukwu to ask nigeria to let his people go, I dont think it was wrong. The reason Nigeria wanted the igbos to stay in Nigeria is because the area called biafra contained the oil, which Nigeria desperately needed to keep.

most of the oil is and was not in biafra (igbo lands).

That lady who wrote the book Half of a Yellow Sun also lied on a BBC panel presentation in London when discussing her book to a British audience. She stated with slight hesitation (when asked) that the oil was in igbo land. (which is not true)

most of Nigeria's oil was and still is in the "south-south" region of the country which is inhabitated by cross-rivers peoples. It's my understanding that the Igbos are indigenous to only the south-east portion of the country.

Kanto:

@Dayokanu:

Are you making any sense? Granted that Azikiwe like many broad minded civilised leaders ie Kwame nkrumah, jomo kenyatta etc of his generation was a pan-africanist who beleived in one nigeria but the question is if Awolowo wanted self rule why didnt he seize the opportunity when the time came instead he went to the extent of fighting a war for one nigeria?

I think the contradiction actually makes Awolowo a petty minded opportunist.

As an outsider looking in, it seems to me that a lot of the hatred some Igbos might have for Yorubas stems from the fact that although at one point in time the Yorubas did express disatisfication with the Nigerian union...They did not however make the hasty decisions that the Igbos made (military coup, declaring unilateral succession,etc.) and therefore did not suffer the losses the Igbos did.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Dede1(m): 2:56pm On May 12, 2012
Yewe2011:

most of the oil is and was not in biafra (igbo lands).

That lady who wrote the book Half of a Yellow Sun also lied on a BBC panel presentation in London when discussing her book to a British audience. She stated with slight hesitation (when asked) that the oil was in igbo land. (which is not true)

most of Nigeria's oil was and still is in the "south-south" region of the country which is inhabitated by cross-rivers peoples. It's my understanding that the Igbos are indigenous to only the south-east portion of the country.

As an outsider looking in, it seems to me that a lot of the hatred some Igbos might have for Yorubas stems from the fact that although at one point in time the Yorubas did express disatisfication with the Nigerian union...They did not however make the hasty decisions that the Igbos made (military coup, declaring unilateral succession,etc.) and therefore did not suffer the losses the Igbos did.

You are free as air to flaunt your ignorance in the public but remember you do not have monopoly on knowledge. I would want you to give brief historical account of Shell D’Arcy crude oil exploration in southern protectorate starting in 1948.

If you are not a classified dunce, you would have realized that Cross River does not have a drop of crude oil. What gave Cross River State crude oil production tag was Bakassi Peninsula and I guess you must have known the fate of Bakassi by now.

It is unfortunate Nigeria is still filled to the brink with functional illiterates such as you who have never made an attempt to disabuse their mind from the idiotic propaganda fed to it by Gowon and northern regional political elites.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2012
Yewe2011:

You are partly right but the main grouse the ibos have with the yorubas was that WE DID NOT SUPPORT THEM during their biafra shenannigan. But the bottomline is that had we done so, the ibos would have taken over yorubaland and we will still be trying to get rid of them, now.The yorubas were not ready for war while ojukwu at least, admitted to having been preparing for the war for the best part of a year. Had we supported Ojukwu, our population would have been slaughtered and depleted by blood-thirsty northern troops based in the western region then, only for Ojukwu's rag-tag "liberation" (sic) force under the command of a yoruba man to occupy themselves with a mop-up exercise. There and then the whole of southern nigeria would be under the command of ojukwu and his ibo people. Hence the ibos hates the yorubas much more than the hausa/fulanis who instigated a pogrom on them killing hundreds of thousands in the process. They hate the yorubas because they felt rightly or wrongly, that it was the yorubas who stopped them from ruling nigeria. It was a brilliant plan but very risky,unfortunately ojukwu lost the gamble which led to the death of a million nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

kingofool the puppy

It is good to notice my superior argument has turned you into a dysfunctional dimwit. If your speculation of the time I have already spent on earth is remotely correct, there is a very good chance your mother warmed my bed while I lived in Palm Grove, Lagos State and her waist-end was really hammered. Whenever you idiotically speculate my age, I remember the good old days I had with your mother before your jittery legged father arrived onto the scene.

ROFLMAO

Superior argument indeed! You couldn't even win a debate with a table you nincompoop.

Well, yeah, Palm Groove, Lagos . . . maybe if she was a street urchin just like yourself. Wouldn't you have to be able to speak english to get with her? undecided Like Young like Old all they do is insult people's parents or refer to se*xual orifices; thats their idea of humor. Smh Vagabonds!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Yewe2011(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

You are free as air to flaunt your ignorance in the public but remember you do not have monopoly on knowledge. I would want you to give brief historical account of Shell D’Arcy crude oil exploration in southern protectorate starting in 1948.

If you are not a classified dunce, you would have realized that Cross River does not have a drop of crude oil. What gave Cross River State crude oil production tag was Bakassi Peninsula and I guess you must have known the faith of Bakassi by now.

It is unfortunate Nigeria is still filled to the brink with functional illiterates such as you who have never made an attempt to disabuse their mind from the idiotic propaganda fed to it by Gowon and northern regional political elites.

I don't do the name calling bro

But I have looked at quite a few maps detailing oil producing areas in Nigeria and majority of Nigeria's oil is in the deep south. This is not to say that South Eastern Nigeria has no oil...I'm just saying that most of your country's oil is in the deep South (South-South) areas on the coast and near Cameroon and it couldn't have been that different from the late 60s.

But Dede1, I'm still trying to figure out what the Yorubas historically did to the Ibos that creates all of this animosity from your end? It just seems like Ibos show more respect to those that are oppressing and killing them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography / Buhari’s People Are Not Making Things Easier For His Successor, Nigerians - Sani / Troops Ambush And Killed Scores Of Terrorists At Mandara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.