Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,451 members, 7,978,449 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:37 AM

Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos (1904 Views)

Quran Verses Appear On Miracle Baby In Dangestan Russia(pix Included) / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State / Miracle Baby Born In Russia With Quranic Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by BIGERBOY1: 4:55pm On May 10, 2012
A lot has passed under the bridge since the miracle baby clutching a Quran was discovered. Some say it's miracle, some say it's a fake, whle some make a mockery of the religion for it.
The reason I opened this thread is because even some Muslims seem to believe it hook line and sinker, and are even disgusted at the fact that some other Muslims doubt the story. So what do we do?

In Islam one of the miracles (and the greatest) is the Quran itself. The Quran even welcomes challenge on the authenticity of it's claim and encourages people to reason, think, ponder etc. So if the Quran can be challenged, I dont see anything wrong in questioning the story of the 'Quran baby' or even further investigating it- coz nigerians could be funny a times.

Another point is that when Allah mentions the Quran does he mean the book form we carry around today, what is the hearts of men or the ever purified KITAAB with Allah? There are evidence for the latter two but none fore the former. For instance Allah describes the Quran as : "Nay! these are clear communications in the breasts of those who are granted knowledge; and none deny Our communications except the unjust."(29:49). In other words e Quran is first and foremost preserved in the hearts before it is a book! Another evidence for the accretion is where Allah states : "Most surely it is an honored Quran, In a book that is protected, None shall touch it save the purified ones"(56:77-79)
This above ayaat are very crucial to understanding what the Quran really is. The 'book' been refered to as protected here is the 'lauhul mahfuz' or the guarded tablet! And not the hard copies of the Quran we have today, the reason is the word used in the last ayah above "MUTTAHIREEN" which could best be translated as everly purified. Man cannot be everly purified because he sometimes enters a state of najs or impurity, the mensturating woman is in a state of impurity until she purifies herself, that's why Allah describes us as "MUTATAHIREEN" instead of "MUTTAHIREEN" which means one who purifies himself.
Thus from the above we can say that the Quran is the ayyaat in the hearts of men (and trust me there are a lot of people who have memorised the Quran word for word) and also the original which is with Allah. But for easy communication man has transcribed the Quran into a book! Infact the original text was written in a form that some modern day non Arab Quran readers would regard as unreadable. The dots on some Arabic letters were not utilised by early Arabs, because they could read the 'naked' letters, so which one is the Lagos boy holding? The modern day writing format or the early Arabic writing format?

Besides the prophet performed a lot of miracles in madina (read the Hadith books) but Islam wasn't then and is still now not propagated on miracles. THE GREATEST MIRACLE IS THE ESSENSE OF THE QURAN AND THIS IS BECAUSE IT CHALLENGES U TO USE YOUR GREATEST GIFT- UR INTELECT.
AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by LagosShia: 5:29pm On May 10, 2012
i actually did not bother to contribute in those threads because there is nothing for me personally to talk about.i did not witness the event take place to believe and i cannot rule out its possibility to deny it happened.so it is best you avoid talking on what you have no knowledge of.

whatever discussion takes place between those who believe or deny is based on sentiments and bias.
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 10, 2012
LagosShia: i actually did not bother to contribute in those threads because there is nothing for me personally to talk about.i did not witness the event take place to believe and i cannot rule out its possibility to deny it happened.so it is best you avoid talking on what you have no knowledge of.

whatever discussion takes place between those who believe or deny is based on sentiments and bias.
this is the first ever post of yours i would agree with.
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by LagosShia: 6:57pm On May 10, 2012
toba: this is the first ever post of yours i would agree with.

you give yourself too much importance and regards than people care about you.the post was not meant for you to agree with it.
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 10, 2012
LagosShia:

you give yourself too much importance and regards than people care about you.the post was not meant for you to agree with it.
thats the kind of intolerance we're talking about.

U posted something that's reasonable, dont i have the right to commend what i read again?
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by LagosShia: 7:52pm On May 10, 2012
toba: thats the kind of intolerance we're talking about.

U posted something that's reasonable, dont i have the right to commend what i read again?

you have the right to.and so do i have the right to air my view.i aired my view and you want to silence me by accusing me of intolerance.so now who is intolerant? tongue
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by maclatunji: 8:20pm On May 10, 2012
Nigerians love sensationalism rather than research. That is what annoys me most, there are several ways to research the story towards establishing the truth regarding the story but none will be explored until it becomes a myth! Welcome to Nigeria.

Nigeria reminds me of Mark Twain's novel: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
Re: Matters Arising On The Miracle Baby In Lagos by LogicMind: 11:47pm On May 10, 2012
how a koran go through toto, i no fit begin imagine.

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines On "How To Perform Jannabah".. / Photos Of A Fish Born Wit Name Of God Written On It That Have Got People Talking / Val's Day Is Haraam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.