Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,490 members, 7,892,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 (13350 Views)

Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Gbawe: 3:52pm On May 13, 2012
jmaine:

Dokubo and Clarke et al harping on 8 years for GEJ is in reaction to the incessant haggling from the Pro-zoning North trying to blackmail the president into acceding to their quest to regain power by 2015 . .and insisting GEJ must run does not directly equate to GEJ would run . . . "They are simply telling them that GEJ has a right to run and there is no blackmail you can string to stop him from running if he decides too, also affirming their total support for him if he decides to run" . . .

This is even more reasons for you to praise Atiku's utterances here. The truth is that, given his previous position, Atiku's current utterance should be welcomed especially by Southerners who have long held that the death of zoning is a good thing. What is wrong with Atiku doing the opposite of what you think instigated the bullish utterances of Asari-Dokubo et al?

If many from the North are trying to bully GEJ against running in 2015, should Atiku not be praised for breaking rank by saying, unequivocally, that GEJ can and should run albeit with the proviso that zoning , which may aid a particular region, is dead?

Atiku has laid down the gauntlet. The truth is that the only reaction tenable for Southern politicians is for them to say "we are ready" without fear or hesitation. That is the only reaction that will demonstrate integrity and prove some are ideologically superior to those they have always attacked.

What would be the point of calling the North "born to rule" when they are now saying "let everyone run" while the Edwin Clarkes of the world are insisting it is the "turn" of Ijaws and others are saying "Igbo Presidency a must in 2015"?

Atiku and co have cleverly flipped the political script. It is now up to others to react intelligently in winning the PR game.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by aljharem(m): 3:54pm On May 13, 2012
Beaf:

All parties are the same. That is why politicians can cross-carpet without blinking, in fact most parties have at least 40% of their members being ex-PDP. For parties like CPC, its closer to 90%.
Allow people like Gbawe to keep churning out frauds and lies with rheumy-eyed intensity about a party being "progressives" to those who wish to be fooled. These are things are bayed at the Moon by frauds, charlatans and snake-oil merchants.

Imagine Atiku being anyones hero! O-jigbi jigbi!

LOL pot call kettle black

What makes you different from Gbawe

One is working for ACN the other is working for PDP grin grin grin grin

Mumu people would still believe you sha, well it is on the record that Nigerians average IQ is 67 almost a reta.rded country
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by lateef4me(m): 4:17pm On May 13, 2012
@Publisher and Solomon111,

You guys can NEVER get Gbawe to condemn ACN programs,actions and policies and this same guy Gbawe wil write LONG epistle on PDP and wil want us to condemn them to hell .
Thank God intelligent folks are beginning to see thru his hypocrisy !
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Gbawe: 4:22pm On May 13, 2012
alj harem:

LOL pot call kettle black

What makes you different from Gbawe

One is working for ACN the other is working for PDP grin grin grin grin

Mumu people would still believe you sha, well it is on the record that Nigerians average IQ is 67 almost a reta.rded country

Ajhaji, one day the penny will drop for many of you. it is not about working for any Party. Only Politics can rescue our Country because it provides the platform that delivers the leaders who can make a difference. For such a politically troubled nation, I actually wonder if we Nigerians are cursed with how many are so apolitical and naively proud to be so - like you.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing. That is precisely why our Nation stinks. The apathy of many of us is the reason the criminals and mediocrities have hijacked the political process totally. It is the reason, in 2011, we could still gain a President who is mediocrity personified leading a nation that has provided some of the most decorated achievers in the world.

Sitting on the fence is only fashionable to us Nigerians. others will deem us as extremely foolish for such a hands-off stance given the serious challenges of Nigeria only progressive and focused politics can ameliorate. While it is cool on Nairaland to curse out every Party ,as Mr.Neutral, the reality is much different for those who know, as adults, we must make pragmatic choices in embracing the Party we believe is the lesser devil capable of moving us towards the birth of the beautiful ones.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Beaf: 4:26pm On May 13, 2012
Lol! Those excited by Atiku are telling us that the nation stinks. O hypocrite!

The stench in the nation is due to hypocrites, liars and thieves. Guess what? They belong to all parties.
The putrifaction is worse amongst those who lie and defraud others for political gain. No need to mention the names of liars here. They know themselves.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by olabochayi(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2012
The reason why we cannot see or enjoy the dividend of democracy 2ru 'GEJ' is simply because some persons like Atiku and Kaita had sworn with the last drop of their blood to make this administration terrible which of cause we're seeing. "Throwing a spanner into the wheel of progress"
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by afrikanns: 6:31pm On May 13, 2012
Let me clearly make this clear to you all that GEJ is contestin, why on this world wide web will anybody says he should not contest of course he has the right to contest but the problem is who is going to vote for the ingrate, in which durin his presence tenure the poorer is becomin the purest and the richer are becomin th poorer with all his stupid promises durin his campaign " i have no shoe i trekked to school in my days, if i can do it you can do it better" now putting nigerians into more suffering. Shame !!! Dressing like a beggar all aroun using style to embezzle nigerians'money. Mind you if u contest and you heard that you enter it is you room you enter never ASO ROCK again.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 13, 2012
chiover: 2015 is d turn of d southeast and 9ja nids a man like orji uzo kalu so dat we can lift d worldcup whch is d only avenue to unite d country. If u no suport d bid ur papap dia
says an idiot with an IQ of a beast
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by afrikanns: 6:46pm On May 13, 2012
olabochayi: The reason why we cannot see or enjoy the dividend of democracy 2ru 'GEJ' is simply because some persons like Atiku and Kaita had sworn with the last drop of their blood to make this administration terrible which of cause we're seeing. "Throwing a spanner into the wheel of progress"

as far as am concern GEJ is an opportunist, no matter what the tension might be nigerians sud be able to reap the fruit of democracy from him because he openly said he was a first class pauper, the most poorest somebody on earth but not is fault it is power's fault. Power intoxicates.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 13, 2012
Do not insult the President!
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by mikolo80: 8:38pm On May 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Ajhaji, one day the penny will drop for many of you. it is not about working for any Party. Only Politics can rescue our Country because it provides the platform that delivers the leaders who can make a difference. For such a politically troubled nation, I actually wonder if we Nigerians are cursed with how many are so apolitical and naively proud to be so - like you.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing. That is precisely why our Nation stinks. The apathy of many of us is the reason the criminals and mediocrities have hijacked the political process totally. It is the reason, in 2011, we could still gain a President who is mediocrity personified leading a nation that has provided some of the most decorated achievers in the world.

Sitting on the fence is only fashionable to us Nigerians. others will deem us as extremely foolish for such a hands-off stance given the serious challenges of Nigeria only progressive and focused politics can ameliorate. While it is cool on Nairaland to curse out every Party ,as Mr.Neutral, the reality is much different for those who know, as adults, we must make pragmatic choices in embracing the Party we believe is the lesser devil capable of moving us towards the birth of the beautiful ones.
GBAM
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by otondo55: 8:44pm On May 13, 2012

Atiku is not in position to tell us about GEJ, after promising ungovernable government for him.

Now we are living with bomb, hope he is happy and want to rule naija by all cost, NEVER !
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Ameh02(m): 8:47pm On May 13, 2012
Ozegbe: For GOD's mercy and sake this people should leave this election matter till 2014 na, abi are we about to jump from 2012 to 2015. Instead of this people to be thinking of how to make this country move forward, they are busy thinking of who will hold power next. NA WA FOR OUR GOVERNMENT SEF
Ozegbe good comment. Instead of thinking how to end d insecurity n other challenges facing d country people re busy debate about who is qualify n who contest. It is shameful how people drag ethnicity into politics n goverance and hope to make meaningful achievemnet. Am a supporter of GEJ but if after yrs he fails to perform God know he will not get my vote. If a govt fails its our duty to vote him out. The bible says its a sin to know what to do n not do it.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by OneNaira6: 9:51pm On May 13, 2012
Ozegbe: For GOD's mercy and sake this people should leave this election matter till 2014 na, abi are we about to jump from 2012 to 2015. Instead of this people to be thinking of how to make this country move forward, they are busy thinking of who will hold power next. NA WA FOR OUR GOVERNMENT SEF
Dude you just spoke my mind. Its 2012 and this ppl are fighting for power few years ahead. Let the man finish his reign, upon 2014 if he decides to run again then you have the right to fight him.
Atiku is just desperate, its the same thing he did during yaradua reign is the same thing hes doing right now. He's starting to remind me of buhari sef
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2012
publisher: Anti GEJ elements & co,
The only time zoning was ever adhered to strictly was during 1999 elections where the entire nation practically stepped back and allowed the South-West to go for the presidency. After 1999,every other presidential elections had candidates from across the country.

If you are old enough you would realise that OBJ defeated Ekwueme in the PDP primaries

And Olu Falae defeated Chukwuemeka Ezeife (not sure of the name)in the APP/AD alliance
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Nobody: 12:24am On May 14, 2012
I think that's a good response coming from the president to this power-hungry ex-leader.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Beaf: 3:01am On May 14, 2012
Ameh02:
Ozegbe good comment. Instead of thinking how to end d insecurity n other challenges facing d country people re busy debate about who is qualify n who contest. It is shameful how people drag ethnicity into politics n goverance and hope to make meaningful achievemnet. Am a supporter of GEJ but if after yrs he fails to perform God know he will not get my vote. If a govt fails its our duty to vote him out. The bible says its a sin to know what to do n not do it.

You just described the type that Gbawe represents. How can anyone with a single decent fibre be interested in Atiku and his zoning rants?
Why always get excited by the primitive words that come out of those causing confusion in the country?

This is Gbawe waxing lyrical about boko haram and the owners of Nigeria:

Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where [size=14pt]the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net?[/size] Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

[size=14pt]Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by genxris: 6:38am On May 14, 2012
Demdem: I hope the Retardeen will come out clean and fast. His current behaviour is normal for a kai-kai intoxicated brain.

if he is a retardeen ,what are u? Stupid boy,i don't blame u,u have d priveledge to type rubbish with ur toy
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by malc619(m): 6:46am On May 14, 2012
Beaf:

You just described the type that Gbawe represents. How can anyone with a single decent fibre be interested in Atiku and his zoning rants?
Why always get excited by the primitive words that come out of those causing confusion in the country?

This is Gbawe waxing lyrical about boko haram and the owners of Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217
Ʊ'll never stop being a lying hypocrite. Ur trademark ‎​i$ D Ʊse of outright lies n half-truths.
I wonder if Ʊ think with ur ring-worm infested azz instead of ur brain (if Ʊ've got 1)
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by ayobase(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, it is not Rocket Science. We all remember team GEJ, because it was expedient for them back then as a game changer, shouting that GEJ never acceded to any zoning arrangement while IBB, Ciroma, Atiku et al were virtually in tears insisting that Jonathan fully backed zoning and indeed benefitted from it.

Now some want GEJ to benefit from an exponent of zoning with the noise that the SS must have "its own 8 years". If there is genuinely no zoning, why the noise GEJ must have 8 years? Others too are saying "SE Presidency only in 2015" as if it is their slot.

Atiku is merely being proactive in reminding all of them that those who supported the abrogation of the concept of zoning then cannot now wish to gain from a return to zoning. They should keep their position consistent and fight for the Presidency under the new arrangement where everyone is allowed to compete and no ethnic group is favoured. We must all remember that everything will start from the PDP for Atiku, GEJ and others. If there is no zoning in the PDP and no selective banning of any ethnic group then it is fairly obvious how things will play out.

We should all note how, cleverly, Atiku is not going down the beaten path of "GEJ cannot contest". Rather, he is saying GEJ is constitutionally allowed to contest. The obvious implications being that GEJ and everyone interested should fight for the Presidency with no one aided by any zoning whatsoever. In other words, win it on merit if you can.

Simple, but ghana-must-go sacks soon
to be polythene bag will be more stacked!
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Beaf: 7:25am On May 14, 2012
malc619:
Ʊ'll never stop being a lying hypocrite. Ur trademark ‎​i$ D Ʊse of outright lies n half-truths.
I wonder if Ʊ think with ur ring-worm infested azz instead of ur brain (if Ʊ've got 1)

You just said you would never stop being a lying hypocrite? shocked shocked shocked
If I can understand the leprous characters from your cholera infected keyboard, then your mind is also sufferring from kwshiokor!

Hilarious stuff! grin
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by ayobase(m): 7:38am On May 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Well done OAM4J for this display of fantastic moderating . The Uncouth and childish yobs wanting to destroy the forum should be made to realise they cannot ruin this place for all Nairalanders because they believe in anarchy and a petty agenda of stalking others obsessively while[b] never[/b] contributing positively here.

This statement alone worth banning!
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by maasoap(m): 7:59am On May 14, 2012
alj harem:

stop talking like a mo.ron. We all are in the same shoes.

Who are the progressives you are talking about ? We all should work together for the betterment of our descendents. If you have something against ACN speak out so we all can learn as well.
This is exactly my belief. Whenever I spoke against some of the conducts of ACN despite being a member, some people here like Baba_Eleko would call me PDP agent as if being a member of a party means you should never speak against its conduct even when the such conduct is regressive.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2012
genxris:

if he is a retardeen ,what are u? Stupid boy,i don't blame u,u have d priveledge to type rubbish with ur toy

Foool, the retardeen is the Nigerian leader who has on his desk the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to do anything about it becos of his selfish interest. Eediots like u knows this but see nothing wrong with it. I wish the curses over boko so far will be extended to u and ur kind.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by maasoap(m): 8:15am On May 14, 2012
jmaine: What is the essence of this thread . . .I just fail to see it . .When has Atiku slurs suddenly become an issue we should lose sleep over . .Let 2015 arrive . .then we shall be here to engage minds
The issue here is not about Atiku or his ambition but about Atiku reminding Mr president and South Eastern people to remember that zoning is dead for real in PDP. Reminding them that Jona said that there was nothing like zoning. Reminding them that the presidency now is based on merit not region. You want presidential seat, let's see how many people you've got behind you. Hope you get it.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by maasoap(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2012
Beaf:

All parties are the same. That is why politicians can cross-carpet without blinking, in fact most parties have at least 40% of their members being ex-PDP. For parties like CPC, its closer to 90%.
Allow people like Gbawe to keep churning out frauds and lies with rheumy-eyed intensity about a party being "progressives" to those who wish to be fooled. These are things are bayed at the Moon by frauds, charlatans and snake-oil merchants.

Atiku is not anyone's hero here, he is just reminding South East people that they should stop shouting Igbo 2015 presidency. He is reminding them that zoning is dead while some even claimed that they were never part it, which of course we all knew that they lied. Igbo people are free to contest in 2015 or anytime they like in any party. But they should stop screaming as if they were still reminding us of zoning which they've successfully connived with Jona the retarden to kill. You want presidency, fight for it and that is what Atiku is saying.
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by maasoap(m): 8:42am On May 14, 2012
Beaf:

Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by rolchi(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2012
This GEJ is truly influential! He has not said anything about 2015 and his opponents are indeed troubled. If he speaks, I wonder what will happen to his opponents wink wink wink

GEJ...you are too much!
Re: Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 by Gbawe: 10:00am On May 14, 2012
maasoap: Atiku is not anyone's hero here, he is just reminding South East people that they should stop shouting Igbo 2015 presidency. He is reminding them that zoning is dead while some even claimed that they were never part it, which of course we all knew that they lied. Igbo people are free to contest in 2015 or anytime they like in any party. But they should stop screaming as if they were still reminding us of zoning which they've successfully connived with Jona the retarden to kill. You want presidency, fight for it and that is what Atiku is saying.

Thank you my brother !!! Some only enjoy obsessively stalking others and going everywhere and ruining threads with silly feudalism. No one is admiring Atiku here and you interprete what he is saying 100% correctly. Folks don't see that Atiku is challenging the backers of GEJ from the South to toe the path of integrity they always claim to have.

If we inspect previous utterances on NL, you will see that many here now lampooning Atiku spoke of "the evil of zoning" when it suited their argument in favour of GEJ running. Even today, backers of GEJ are the most noisy about 2015. We have the SS rattling their sabres and telling us hypocritically that their son must complete two terms, distincly inferrring the Presidency is zoned to them, when they castigated zoning as evil yesterday because of the perception it could truncate GEJ's chances of running in 2011.

The SE also are insisting on Igbo Presidency in 2015. Based on what? Some deal with GEJ? Yesterday you were happy to tell Atiku and co that let "let every man challenge" and "let merit carry the day". Can anyone tell me what is now wrong with Atiku agreeing with them to announce that everyone indeed should take part and fight - with no region favoured partisanly?

The "best man for the job" principle is it not? Is that not what we Southerners have always shouted we wanted while villifying the North as "born-to-rule" always? Why Attack Atiku when he only deserves praise for backing what we all previously claimed Nigeria needs the most?

We are just dumbing down the forum if all we want to do is insult everyone we don't like everytime. Folks should say what is wrong with what Atiku is saying to lead them to insulting him here. One poster even called Atiku's talk a "slur".
What "slur" considering that ,while many are saying Jonathan cannot or should not run, Atiku is saying GEJ is qualified to run and he should. Hie is not even attacking GEJ for stating he will do only one term as others are doing. He is actually encouraging GEJ and everyone to run while also telling folks not to mention zoning because it is dead as they wanted.

Let the 2015 election truly be a game of numbers from the PDP primaries to the main thing. Everyone should go and prime their political machinery and save us the talk of automatic Presidency for their region. I personally like it. It will be a lesson to some about how mindless opportunism can work against one in future. That is Atiku's point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Jibrilla To Distribute Bindow Metal Detectors To Mosque, Churches / Your 10-year-ban Against Fayemi Has No Legal Strength - Falana Tells Fayose / Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.