Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,035 members, 7,966,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (229738 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 6:44am On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Jonathan is a public office holder and once you bring yourself to run for a Public office you are open to all sorts of attack like it happens in every country in the world. Even Obama is called the Antichrist by some Americans

You cant force your own limited knowledge of politics on people here.

Politics is much more complicated than organizing Mr and Miss Nairaland you are well versed in

If Jonathan behaves like a Retardd then he deserves to be called a Retardeen just like Yar Adua was called Yar Adull and Baba go slow and no one came up in arms and Tinubu till today is called Tinubu
little does the guy know that a man entitled to public fund should also be entitled to public abuse and criticism.
Obirin to ba mo owo ngba, o ye ki o mo oko n do!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2013
Is there a problem in calling my president a retardeen?

Since when did it become an outright offence to call a man by his true character and 'retardeenic' leadership of my country?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Jonathan is a public office holder and once you bring yourself to run for a Public office you are open to all sorts of attack like it happens in every country in the world. Even Obama is called the Antichrist by some Americans

You cant force your own limited knowledge of politics on people here.

Politics is much more complicated than organizing Mr and Miss Nairaland you are well versed in

If Jonathan behaves like a Retardd then he deserves to be called a Retardeen just like Yar Adua was called Yar Adull and Baba go slow and no one came up in arms and Tinubu till today is called Tinubu
So because I'm against insulting public office holders on Nairaland, my knowledge of politics is limited? I can see how great your knowledge is, since all you do is insult a sitting president from the comfort of your home. There is something called constructive criticism, but I doubt that with all the knowledge in politics you have, you still do not have the knowledge of criticising constructively, so all you do is insult.

Before you insult someone in a position you are not, for taking an action you do not like, you suggest a better way it would have been done. But I guess it's easier to be insulting and uncouth, than to reason and be civil.

You call him a retardeen, but you report anyone who quotes your retardeen comments and calls you a mumu. How nice.

If I was to follow your analogy, oh great and knowledgeable one, shouldn't you as well be ready to endure insults from others since you have publicly made yourself the chief whip of public office holders on Nairaland? Why are you so quick to report them? How long do you really think this back and forth nonsense would go on?

4 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OgaTheTop2: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2013
President Jo has taken more insults and abusive words more than any siting President in the world. C'mon guys! This is the president of the most populous country in African with population of about 160 million. You call him a retardeen and obviously you call every Nigerian a retardeen. Didn't we vote him in? If in any way he is performing below par then we can send him out by initiating a more democratic process and obviously calling him names wont add salt to his soup.

Give him the respect he deserves as a president. Don't call him what you wont call your parents at home. C'mom!!

angry

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by tomakint: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: So because I'm against insulting public office holders on Nairaland, my knowledge of politics is limited? I can see how great your knowledge is, since all you do is insult a sitting president from the comfort of your home. There is something called constructive criticism, but I doubt that with all the knowledge in politics you have, you still do not have the knowledge of criticising constructively, so all you do is insult.

Before you insult someone in a position you are not, for taking an action you do not like, you suggest a better way it would have been done. But I guess it's easier to be insulting and uncouth, than to reason and be civil.

You call him a retardeen, but you report anyone who quotes your retardeen comments and calls you a mumu. How nice.

If I was to follow your analogy, oh great and knowledgeable one, shouldn't you as well be ready to endure insults from others since you have publicly made yourself the chief whip of public office holders on Nairaland? Why are you so quick to report them? How long do you really think this back and forth nonsense would go on?

One of the BEST comments I have ever read from a MOD! Nice piece cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: So because I'm against insulting public office holders on Nairaland, my knowledge of politics is limited? I can see how great your knowledge is, since all you do is insult a sitting president from the comfort of your home. There is something called constructive criticism, but I doubt that with all the knowledge in politics you have, you still do not have the knowledge of criticising constructively, so all you do is insult.

Its not your role to use your office to decide what is uncouth and what isn't. As long as rules are not broken, then you shouldn't make it an issue. Besides, not every stakeholder is able to articulate his grievances in a manner that you wouldn't find uncouth. Should that stop them from airing their grievances? In any case, you can't argue that GEJ or his supporters are capable of understanding and receiving constructive criticisms. Nothing in his or their actions so far demonstrates this ability. Have you tried giving constructive criticism to an area boy? How receptive do you think he would be?

Obama faces far more insults despite the fact that he is a more competent administrator than GEJ. He is wise enough to know that he can't be liked by everyone and the US civil service isn't responding to every insult on the Internet except those that are considered threatening.

Let this issue rest - stakeholders have the right to insult anyone who puts himself/herself forward for leadership. That is the rule. If GEJ is not ready for insults, then he should resign. If he wants lesser insults, as there will always be insults, then he should start performing. Resistance to his leadership will reduce with better administration on his part. Would it matter if 100 people out of 160 million were insulting GEJ? NO

7 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dare2think: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2013

What may be 'constructive criticism' to some is insult to others. Which yardstick do we use in deciding what is constructive or not?

Yours? undecided

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slimghost(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Someone should put a leash on this mad dog before i start with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/1352559/breaking-ameachi-storms-rivers-assembly/3#16707757

Did you seriously ask what is lawless about the process? If you're not a fool you would have known there was NO WAY two-third carried out the supposed impeachment. I'm sure you're one of those fools who keep re-writing WAEC every year cos they failed Maths.

Tsshhhwwww

How can 16 people be suspended by a minority? Mind you, Rivers HOA has 32 member! Hope the maths stil won't be hard for to solve.

Re: BREAKING: ameachi storms rivers assembly, massive fight erupts. by Pattey: 2:19pm

Sincere 9gerian: @OP, stop being mischievous. This battle is between Wike and Amaechi, ie pro-Amaechi and pro-Wike lawmakers. Yes, Wike is in the good books of the president but the president is not directly involved in todays battle. By the way, the president is in China as we speak.

I've got my jaws wide open! Are people stil this moronic?
Wait, did al this madness start after ur president for China? Or even if it did, does he have to . .. Infact ur dumb

You cud have as well asked Jonathan to attend sitting the Rivers HOA so we'll kno he's behind it al. . .

*hiss* to think Jonathan of all people now suddenly has wings! He's the new Jabez of our time. . .

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

MODS do your jobs. Let nobody ban me when i start with him.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by lakpalakpa: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Viewing this topic: Katsumoto, Ngwakwe(m), lakpa lakpa, Afam4eva(m)

(Go Up)

Afam I saw you, so no excuses.

4 months or crisis!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
^^ DONE!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wonders shall never end, someone just wrote: "Obama is better than uncle Joe "
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Wonders shall never end, someone just wrote: "Obama is better than uncle Joe "

Do you disagree? If so, state your case.

But then again, what kind of points will you raise considering you don't know that the Public sector also contributeS to PPP Initiatives.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: A public figure whose action and reactions affects everyone should be criticized constructively. Say what he did wrong, suggest a better way to do it and do not insult him. You claim it's a public forum, because it's on the internet and you are anonymous, right?

Can you go to the public right now, and call the president a retardeen?

Of cos I can do that with all pleasure.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2013

Stick to enforcing the rules as stated by ur boss and don't let ur emotions get an hold of u.
Nothing is wrong if I call a retardeen by his name and its ur duty as a mod to protect me from vampires and e-cockroaches who will like to attack me becos of this. If this is too dificult for u to do, kindly resign.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slimghost(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
Afam4eva: ^^ DONE!

You wont take care of that madman now until i reply him, right? Nobody should ban me when i start with with him/her. I have waited enough for you MODS to be responsible.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Demdem:

Stick to enforcing the rules as stated by ur boss and don't let ur emotions get an hold of u.
Nothing is wrong if I call a retardeen by his name and its ur duty as a mod to protect me from vampires and e-cockroaches who will like to attack me becos of this. If this is too dificult for u to do, kindly resign.
That is not my duty. Don't make up duties for me, ever!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
dare2think:

What may be 'constructive criticism' to some is insult to others. Which yardstick do we use in deciding what is constructive or not?

Yours? undecided
Pray tell, how constructive is calling him a retardeen?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm neutral to politics, and I've never voted anyone in my life so this isn't out of misplaced emotions but out of what is right. You call him a retardeen, someone quotes you and calls you dumb. Why on earth should you pick offence? They were both insults!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slimghost(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013

God bless you. They tend to forget that these public office holders are people's parents too.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: That is not my duty. Don't make up duties for me, ever!

Let me break it down for u

Demdem.; Retardeen Jonathan is just being stupid as usual.

E-cockroache ; its ur father that is stupid.

Demdem sees this and reports to mod. Tell me, what will u do to this e-cockroach?
Afam this question is also for u.

Abegi answer my question. Ur response will determine my next line of action. What will u do?
Afam, this is also for u.

When will my question be answered?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dayokanu(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2013

You are employed to enforce Nairaland rules and not to make yours.

Nairaland rules says you can not insult a member(Rule 2) but does not say you can insult a public office holder.

Its clear English I am sure any Nursery pupil can understand.

if you have a problem with the forum rules discuss it with your bosses and seek clarification.

Calling Jonathan a retardeen doesnt flout forum rules.

A Poster insulting me flouts forum rules

Its as simple as A B C

4 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Pray tell, how constructive is calling him a retardeen?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm neutral to politics, and I've never voted anyone in my life so this isn't out of misplaced emotions but out of what is right. You call him a retardeen, someone quotes you and calls you dumb. Why on earth should you pick offence? They were both insults!

Is retardeen a NLer?
What does the rule says? Stick to the rules young man.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Nairaland rules says you can not insult a member(Rule 2) but does not say you can insult a public office holder.

if you have a problem with the forum rules discuss it with your bosses and seek clarification.

Its as simple as A B C

Exactly, as simple as ABC.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Its as simple as A B C
The rules also say do not provoke a Nairaland member(rule 2), so what gives? The president is not a member of Nairaland but insulting him provokes the moral senses of others. Does it not?

Is it lack of what to say that makes you resort to calling him names on Nairaland because this is the only place you can insult a sitting president and walk away?

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Demdem:

Is retardeen a NLer?
What does the rule says? Stick to the rules young man.
The rules say "do not deliberately provoke". Did you miss that?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Would someone insult you if you do not insult the president?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slimghost(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Would someone insult you if you do not insult the president?

I think people should be banned for using that word "retardeen" to address the president. IMO
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Lilimax(f): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I think people should be banned for using that word "retardeen" to address the president. IMO
I concur!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dare2think: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Pray tell, how constructive is calling him a retardeen?

sexkills,

This rule should then apply to all public figures and position holders in all aspects of life.

Including, the Opposition, Pastors, Atheists, public speakers, boko haram spokesmen, Pdp office holders, Apc office holder,religious and non-religious office holders, Obama, Morsi and an endless list.

Applying this rule to Jonathan alone negates your claim of neutrality! (Not that I accuse you of doing that)

It must be applied to all other spectrum of life, as adherents to the subject matter would feel aggrieved when others insult their plulic figures or ideals.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Its not your role to use your office to decide what is uncouth and what isn't. As long as rules are not broken, then you shouldn't make it an issue. Besides, not every stakeholder is able to articulate his grievances in a manner that you wouldn't find uncouth. Should that stop them from airing their grievances? In any case, you can't argue that GEJ or his supporters are capable of understanding and receiving constructive criticisms. Nothing in his or their actions so far demonstrates this ability. Have you tried giving constructive criticism to an area boy? How receptive do you think he would be?

Obama faces far more insults despite the fact that he is a more competent administrator than GEJ. He is wise enough to know that he can't be liked by everyone and the US civil service isn't responding to every insult on the Internet except those that are considered threatening.

Let this issue rest - stakeholders have the right to insult anyone who puts himself/herself forward for leadership. That is the rule. If GEJ is not ready for insults, then he should resign. If he wants lesser insults, as there will always be insults, then he should start performing. Resistance to his leadership will reduce with better administration on his part. Would it matter if 100 people out of 160 million were insulting GEJ? NO

Why do you always encourage your followers to behave irresponsibly online? What do you gain from it?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: The rules say "do not deliberately provoke". Did you miss that?

And who determines what provokes? Do u know that everything post of urs and Afam also provokes me? Do u know seeing comments from killer members provokes me? Does that mean killer members should be stopped from posting because demdem is provoked or does it mean u or Afam shouldnt post when demdem is online because he is provoked by this?
Of cos not, demdem simply suck it up and likewise is expected from those provoked by calling my president retardeen.
If I am to go by ur logic then all posts on NL is simply provoking someone or a member especially in politics section. How will u manage that under ur provoke logic..
Peeps should suck it up if its not directed at them directly.
Provoked by precious arse.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: The rules also say do not provoke a Nairaland member(rule 2), so what gives? The president is not a member of Nairaland but insulting him provokes the moral senses of others. Does it not?

Is it lack of what to say that makes you resort to calling him names on Nairaland because this is the only place you can insult a sitting president and walk away?

If you are confused about the use of English or what the rules mean seek clarification from your employers.

The rule says Dont insult a member its simple.

How are you sure insulting Alams, Clifford orji, Reverend king, a stone, a laptop, Apple, Samsung, insulting DBanj Don jazzy, Tonto Dikeh etc is not provoking someone?

How are you sure you even typing on NL is not provoking someone, or you waking up is not provoking someone

This is not the romance section where your emotions is the key.

Politics is governed by rules, Romance is governed by emotions

3 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Would someone insult you if you do not insult the president?

Stop talking like a jjc. I don't need to call the retardeen by his name before insults start flying.
Just saying Buhari/fashola is the answer is more than enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.