Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,110 members, 7,946,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (229362 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OgbuefiNegro: 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mukinatou,

Sallam Alaikum my dearest sister. I hope your weekend is a pleasant one. May Allah continue to Bless you and yours.

I hate to keep repeating myself over the same issue. Since it first came up as an issue I have brought it here perhaps three times for board review. I shared it with Jarus back when he was moderating here, I addressed it to Seun and I want to give it to you now to please look into.

First, I am dissapointed in your oga@the top for his lack of acknowledgement on the issue.

Second, it is evident, given their signature act of silencing opposing views, that your new moderators (AFAM and IKENNA)see themselves as. "representatives" of a constituent population on Nairaland, and not as supervisors of the discussion forum as their position rightly demands.
This "misconception" of role need to be corrected in them.

The primary and general concern I have is that of process here in Nairaland. Process is a tool by which we set limits or boundaries around expectations. Human interaction consist of a simple flow .... VALUE > OUTPUT < VALUE, which can further be reduced into functional scenarios to demonstrate stimulation and response in individual exchange and interactions.

I read desola's resentment of her treatment, it's no different from that which any of us in past have complained against; that the mods are exercising too much discretion and thus deviate outside of the official rules and guidelines. Human interaction is dynamic and fluid, there are codes or list of "acceptable expectations" for sustaining these exchanges within tolerant boundaries so that social order is preserved. To this effect, when the boundaries are violated in an exchange the offense must be pointed out using the "acceptable expectations" as a benchmark for civic exchange. The reference serve as an instruction for raising awareness in the aftermath. Thus we hear citation of an offence in public being read as "in violation of section X, paragraph A of the Codes and Statutes of......"

To bring level of resentment against mods and the forum down and to empower the mods to perform well in supervising the sections I encourage and ask that you train your mods to use a reference format when giving penalty on rules violation.

I don't want to talk too much. Thank you dear for a Great job keeping Seun out of my trouble. grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Desola(f): 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ikenna351: @ Desola,

Am very disappointed in you. I thought i was apologising to a lady; someone who i thought was in pain, but i was wrong obviously. So, of all that i said to you in that mail, you felt nothing? Thats too bad. Am giving you the permission to copy and paste that mail i sent to you, apologising for wrongful ban. I even said some personal stuffs in the mail to make you understand how sorry i felt, but i never knew you are such a hardened fellow. Its unbelievable how all your posts in this section are so negative. Nothing to show love for your fellow human being, as long as he/she is not your tribe. An African lady is expected to be a promoter of peace at home and her environment, but yours is all full of hate. Am sorry, if i sounded harsh, but thats my observation.

You want my public apology? Fine. Desola, am very sorry for wrongfully banning you for an offence you didnt comit on the day of the ban. Am truly sorry. I pray that ypu accept the apology.

For the non-Igbos, okoro is a name and a slang (derogatory), depending on how its used. The same is applicable to the tribal word "Mgbeke", a name and a slang (derogatory). An Igbo would understand what it means to call an Igbo lady Mgbeke in this present time. Am not here to explain what they both means when used as slangs.
Igbo is the official and Informal acceptable name. Anyone calling an Igbo other than "Igbo" is simply asking for trouble. Can you show me a proof where local, states and Federal govt have officially refer to Igbos as Ibos?

And to you Desola, be very careful the manner you address Igbos as Ibos. That i have never banned anyone yet for that doesnt mean it should be taken for granted. And be careful too how you spell my name: ikena. If you cant type Ikenna, then type username "Ikenna351". You have been intentionally addressing me as ikena. My patience has limit.

I have took my time to read some of the debates going on recently in this section. Never knew Nigerians can be that intelligent. Very beautiful write-ups were one wont have to insult another tribe before he or she concludes his or her post. Learn from them. Hating another being, simy because he is not from your tribe will eat you alive slowly. I wonder how ypu will be treating an employee of yours that is not from your tribe, if you are an employer of labour. In that my mail, i stated that the company i work for is owned by 2 yorubas and they have been treating me well. I wonder what then is wrong in Nairaland.

Allowing people like you to adress Igbos as Okoro is the same thing as asking that Igbos are allowed to call Yorubas all Offensive or derogatory names against Yorubas that heve been stopped or censored. But then, that would be unfair to the innocent ones who come to this section to debate on neutral ground, not minding the tribe of the person he or she is arguing with.

I told you in that mail that i would make it up to you for what i put you through. But am not sure i can keep that promise anymore, because made me feel it was a mistake to ask for forgiveness privately. I have learnt my lessons.

A lot Igbos have been banned by me here, even though am an Igbo too. Even Onlytruth was recently banned by me here for inciting tribal war with a thread. I have even banned a friend here too, not happy about it, but someone has to do this dirty job, even if i have to sacrifice my friendship with some Nairalanders. As long as one insult another forum members siblings, parents or tribe, he gets ban from me. I have made a lot of friends in Nairaland. Some of them in Abuja visit me frequently in my houseand office. Guess how many forum members Igbos that have visited me? Only 2. The rest are non- Igbos and good and valued friends to me. So, if you think am here to fight for the Igbos, you are mistaking. I enforce forum rules on whoever breaks it, irrespective of tribe.

Finally, desola, drop antagonism. Its not healthy.

Ikenna.

Okay, I didn't bother reading your bullsh1it but somehow upon scrolling up to the top of the page, I read a snippet of your threat that you would wield your illegal power if I should refer to you other than your name, ikena. Are you for real? Did you also say something about banning me for refering to you as an ibo man? Even after it has been made explicit here that no one would be banned for using a formal and accepted name that it is?

You are high on crack and have totally lost your marbles, ikena. You are so far up your own ar3e that you can't even see that you are the butt of jokes. Serioulsy, where the heck do you get off? Such a hypocrite you are! Listen, you need to revert back and consult your mental faculties if at all they are still functioning adequately as from your gibberish it is not hard to diagnose your defectiveness. I do not give a flying f0ck about you and your nonsensical post. A local champion is what you are and a local champion only among your ibo minions you shall remain.

Bring on your worst and for the life of me, I hope it won't be a ban that would end soon because should it be so, you should consider yourself gone on Nairaland. If I should return anytime soon, it would be your demise!

Now, do your absolute worst, ANUOFIA of AFRICA!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by olawalebabs(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
The mods should look into PointB signature, since he can't provide any source for it. The signature promotes hatred toward a part of the country. Ikenna, that falls under your office.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
olawalebabs: The mods should look into PointB signature, since he can't provide any source for it. The signature promotes hatred toward a part of the country. Ikenna, that falls under your office.

Ahmadu Bello actually made that comment.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
olawalebabs: The mods should look into PointB signature, since he can't provide any source for it. The signature promotes hatred toward a part of the country. Ikenna, that falls under your office.

He was quoted by Parrot Newspaper on October 12, 1960

https://www.nairaland.com/444063/whats-implication-sir-ahmadu-bellos

https://www.nairaland.com/980870/ahmadu-bello-southerners-shall-never

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/remi-oyeyemi/jonathan-goodluck-vice-president-in-uthman-dan-fodios-estate.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by olawalebabs(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
ACM10:

Ahmadu Bello actually made that comment.
where? When? Lets move beyond all this beer parlour talks that only promotes disunity among us.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
mr man!
Can't understand the hid and seek game you are playing. Why would you direct us to a closed thread in the education section of the babcock university school fees thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.