Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,620 members, 7,941,388 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them (20614 Views)

Sold...Sold...Mercedes Benz / Do You Have Any Accidented Cars? We Can Buy Them! / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before Paying For Them-episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 7:15am On May 17, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear Coogar,
Thanks very much for your concern.
Damola is very smart guy.He sent me a mail to return the vehicle back in the same conditiion with which he sold it to me and afterwards, he will issue me a post-dated cheque which i can only CASH one good month after the vehicle was returned back to him.
I am fully aware that having purchased a nigerian used vehicle, you must spent some money to put in the shape you wanted.
Thats why when my driver who went to pick the vehicle first complained that there were about 5 indicator lights that were permenently "ON" on the dashboard, i told him not to worry and that we can fix that when he gets to Abuja not knowing that the car would not even reach ibadan.

We don't need to fully go into details that you are mostly to be blamed for this. Even here in the so-called western world, there is the term called CAVEAT EMPTOR when it comes to car transactions, meaning "buyer beware" meaning the onus is on you to conduct a full check before paying for the car and parting with your money because you have no recourse in law otherwise once you add one extra mile to the forecourt miles.

But nevertheless, you did a very commendable thing by relying on the good oldfashioned thing called trust. . .

You dropped the ball big time by sanctioning your driver to continue with an overheated car with 5 warning lights on, what the heck were you thinking!!!

Moving on swiftly, someone that wants to scam you would never have gone into indepth details about their place of work which should at least give you an inkling that Damola1 the seller is NOT a charlatan. Yes he previously communicated with you via email that he would refund your money with a postdated check in a month, and he is still here and has also made known on this thread that he will cancel his travel and meet with you to refund your money in two weeks, so there is nothing wrong in embracing this.

Now Alhaji Lekky, you said all opinions are welcome, and my own is- is there anything else you require Alhaji LEKKY in lieu or in addition to this gentlemanly agreement?

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by babamann(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2012
next time, holla at me when you want to buy a car
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by ZUBY77(m): 7:29am On May 17, 2012
Both the seller and the buyer are to be blamed here.
Here is Nigeria where people add a little lies when selling or even buying things. Example... Go to a boutique and price a shirt, the seller will tell you that he bought the shirt for 5000 and the buyer will say that he has only 4000 with him.funnily at the end, the seller will accept 4500. Now a shirt that was purchased for 5k was old at 4k5 to a man who had only 4k with him.
My point is that you have to be present before making such transactions. The buyer should have visited Lagos after the initial 500K. My advice is to buy a new Engine. You can get a fairly used Engine in Ladipo Lagos or Onitsha Nigeria. I import used Engines from Japan and Singapore but i dont have Rav4. I can inquire for you but i am based in Onitsha and Enugu. Meanwhile if you agree to buy it down here, you will need to come down here to see it.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Ninilowo(m): 7:36am On May 17, 2012
A spade is a spade and not a big spoon. DAMOLA 1 is a FRAUDULENT guy. Simple.
Return the dough back unconditionally or be ready to be dealt with.
I do wonded when I see ridiculus prized they put on vehicles.
Awon omo OLE.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 7:43am On May 17, 2012
Let's stop this blame game,and let the parties involved reach Ǎ̜̣̍ consensus.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Martini101(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2012
Arysexy: to those telling alhaji to return the car and get his money, didnt u read d condition the seller is giving? he should return the car the way it was and wait when the car is sold, that means alhaji will have to spend to fix the car by almost changing the engine, so y return it after spending so much to put the car in order?

The seller is not truthful, for those blaming the driver, he said about 7 lights abnormally On and alhaji told him those are minor things dat can be fixed, dat myt as well be why he ignored or did not take serious the thermometer indicator cause d dashbord lyts are abnormal.

Lesson: Never trust no body even ur mother! i av intention of buying a car from NL but i think i will change my plan, its not the same sweet mouth they use to sell that they will use for u when kasala burst.
. Gbam. U just spoke my mind! Why return the car when he has gotten it to itz feet?
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Konnektions146(m): 7:49am On May 17, 2012
its a pity but this is not good for car dealers on nairaland.
OP, please take it easy as yu have and fix the car, then decide if yu will return or use .
if yu decide to use, try and get used to the initial encounters with the seller.
if yu decide to to recieve a refund, then mske out time to visit de seller and get a new ride yurself.

good luck
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 7:51am On May 17, 2012
Lekki2, car dealers don finish for abuja? If ¶ am τ̅o do such biz, ¶ will nt travel far frm my location, exept ¶ am buyin a direct tokunbor frm cotonou or apapa whalf. Lekki2, u r greedy but unfutunately for u, damola Is more than a match! Nigerian used cars r crap!
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by bigcycs: 7:53am On May 17, 2012
Not everybody will be able to travel to inspect items been paid for that's d idea behind E-COMMERCE in d first place..to provide a virtual platform wer goods are bought/sold without necessarily requiring a meet by both parties.

Early 2011,I bought me a blackberry on Ebay and I paid 250euros for it paid shipping cost and the phone was sent all d way to me here in calabar..am actually using that blackberry to post this comment, not a single complain.that's d beauty of e-commerce that's HOW IT OUGHT to BE if IT MUST GROW in NAIJA!!!!!!

My point is issues like dis flies in the face of e-commerce transactions, let's face it how do we expect to grow this industry if sellers cannot at least be a lil bit more truthful. NAIRALAND owes its users a service to verify this ads/ads owners, NL is entitled to a small cut from every successful transaction via its platform hence it owes itself as well as its users a duty to verify claims and protect its integrity.. Every other similar platform of e-commerce does dat.

Finally ,at the risk of been harshly critical of damola1,I have to say Seller was dishonest from onset, a clear case of deceit. he's been here and contributing to the thread only goes to show he is indeed a smart guy and knows exactly what he is doing, and I know the game he is playing and he already got "fans" on here.
he is humane though for bothering to reply cos it will be easier to just disappear from the "radar" so I'd add seller has integrity and may yet be good to do business with in future depending how he handles this

so Let all the NLnders sympathetic to damola1 ask him to arrange a meet with buyer, 2geda they both go and check d vehicle out, access the cost of repairs for said car To be brought back to original condition before sale ,assess already incurred expenditure on the part of dissatisfied buyer resolve the monetary differences and seller should make a complete immediate refund. I won't add compensation cuz buyer is only mildly culpable for trusting "Nigerians" on e-commerce. And let nobody claim "busy" as if seller intends to redeem his battered reputation, he should go all outta his way and do this already!!

Talk is too too cheap,damola can keep blowing hot air here nobody ever figured why shylock couldn't take his pound of flesh back ,how is buyer gonna go about returning the car "back to how it was before sale"..dats the catch and damola1 knows dat too well..

Lesson: naija has not reached the stage where u can trust someone physically not to talk of online matter so all potential buyers beware.

2.Let NLs CEO decide whether he wants to run e-commerce transactions and actually take steps to ensure honesty and intergrity cuz money is involved and he stands to gain/grow this site.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 7:58am On May 17, 2012
djeezy: I am a Lawyer, this is an interesting case devoid of uberimae fidei, inter alia. OP, can file a suit for status quo ante or nay liquidated damages provided that he can prove that the car was faulty before purchase, that's the onus upon him. He who alleges must prove. Albeit, it is for the court to decide, business eficacy and officious by stander. Was there a warrantee or guarantee? Let me not enlarge upon the mark ipso facto lest i ignite the quest for justice. Whilst reading this thread vide supra i noticed a term "counter offer" ergo @lekky you can sue. Feel free to consult and seek my legal advice. Ubi jus ibi remedium.

When you are done with being high up in the clouds away-with-the-fairies and you return to planet earth with a bump, put on your thinking cap Sir. This was a "private" sale, not a transaction with a Dealer, which means the onus is on the buyer to carry out the appropriate mechanical and background checks to make sure the car is sound.

The buyer waived his already "minute" blink-and-you-miss-it legal right, the moment he purchased the car without the requisite inspection. And pray tell where he will get the burden of proof to absolve himself of any culpability with all the incriminating emails already weaving their way all over the airwaves huh? And remember the car was roadworthy at the point of sale too.

Yes, the buyer can sue, but he is not entitled to a full refund, he can only sue for the losses incurred, and then he would also have to pay his Solicitors fees too, thereby still leaving a shortfall in his pocket. So his best bet IMHO is to accept Damola1's "good gesture" offer and chalk it down to experience.

Disclaimer:
This is only applicable to private sales, before any Dealer starts thinking . . . cool
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 8:01am On May 17, 2012
djeezy: I am a Lawyer, this is an interesting case devoid of uberimae fidei, inter alia. OP, can file a suit for status quo ante or nay liquidated damages provided that he can prove that the car was faulty before purchase, that's the onus upon him. He who alleges must prove. Albeit, it is for the court to decide, business eficacy and officious by stander. Was there a warrantee or guarantee? Let me not enlarge upon the mark ipso facto lest i ignite the quest for justice. Whilst reading this thread vide supra i noticed a term "counter offer" ergo @lekky you can sue. Feel free to consult and seek my legal advice. Ubi jus ibi remedium.

When you are done with being high up in the clouds away-with-the-fairies and you return to planet earth with a bump, put on your thinking cap Sir. This was a "private" sales, not a transaction with a Dealer, which means the onus is on the buyer to carry out the appropriate mechanical and background checks to make sure the car is sound.

The buyer waived his "already minute" legal right, the moment he purchased the car without the requisite inspection. And pray tell where he will get the burden of proof to absolve himself of any culpability with all the incriminating emails already weaving their way all over the airwaves huh? And remember the car was roadworthy at the point of sale.

Yes, the buyer can sue, but he is not entitled to a full refund, he can only sue for the losses incurred, and then he would also have to pay his Solicitors fees too, thereby still leaving a shortfall in his pocket. So his best bet IMHO is to accept Damola1's offer and chalk it down to experience.

Disclaimer:
This is only applicable to private sales, before any Dealer starts thinking . . . cool

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by clemmonce(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2012
ALL FRAUDULENT SELLERS ON NAIRALAND SHALL DIE A SUDDEN DEATH. CAN SOMEBODY SAY AMEN. DIS IS THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE DONT MOVE FORWARD IN LIFE SCAMING PEOPLE HERE AND THERE ANY MONEY U GET FRADULENTLY YOU WIL NEVA USE IT 4 SMETHING GOOD. TAKE NOTE
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by fashizie(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2012
ok.i woke up to meet this topic.very very sad..even if d car is less than a mill.its still painful.
now for those few persons tryin to take sides with Damola tink well and hard if u were in lekkys shoes.
beyond d posters annoyin trust n his drivers serious display of carelessnes,it doznt in any way invalidate d fact that damola d seller was highly fraudulent.lag to abj aint surulere to v.i.a car must b on-point to to get dere.u cannot tell me d seller aint aware of deez probs.nt even mentioning lack of utmost good faith.
and am tired of d whole braggin rites on nl.if u are rich,dats money in ur a/c.if u r dat paid,u wont sell a liability to a trustin n unsuspectin customer.instead u ll be open wit d faults of dat rav.
when bad tins happen to people,u see peolle in awe nt knowin d wrongs dey ve piled up.
THOUGH D POSTER SEEM RELUCTANT COS OF FRUSTRATION TO ACCEPT UR DEAL,BUT I LL STRONGLY ADVISE U DAMOLA TO START CALLIN HIM TO APLOGISE N LOOK FOR A SOLTN PROMPTLY SO DAT BOTH OF U CAN VE PEACE.
FACELESS AS DIS SITE MAYBE.U MITE BE A GUD MAN DAMOLA.TRUST.DNT LET 2MILL IMPACT NEGATIVLY ON UR DEST.U GUYS MITE END UP BEEN PALS IF HANDLED WELL.N VE A DRINK OVER IT.
@poster put dat car in a drivable state n sort it out wit him.wuld strongly advice u dnt use it.
WHEN U SEE AN ISSUE.IT DOZNT TAKE U TO BE A GENIUS TO SMELL SOME TRUTH.A THIRD EYE IS WATCHIN BOTH OF U.BE WARNED
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Effwazobia: 8:15am On May 17, 2012

Counsel, quit with all this legal mumo jumbo. The legal system simply do not work in Nigeria. What you are advising the buyer to do is spend more money by telling him to seek your legal advice. Are you going to do it pro-bono? No. Abeg seller and buyer make una try to resolve this thing amicably. " DO NOT SEEK LEGAL ADVICE OVER THIS. IT WILL STAY IN COURT FOR EVER AND YOU WILL PAY THROUGH YOUR NOSE, NIGERIAN LEGAL SYSTEM IS A HOT MESS, SUFFICE IT TO SAY THAT THE MONEY INVOLVED IS NOT THAT MUCH TO GO TO COURT" Seller consider the fact that the buyer did what most people would never do (that is strictly relying on trust). That's my 2cents. Good luck to you both
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by igbonla(m): 8:21am On May 17, 2012
Busy_body:

When you are done with being high up in the clouds away-with-the-fairies and you return to planet earth with a bump, put on your thinking cap Sir. This was a "private" sales, not a transaction with a Dealer, which means the onus is on the buyer to carry out the appropriate mechanical and background checks to make sure the car is sound.

The buyer waived his "already minute" legal right, the moment he purchased the car without the requisite inspection. And pray tell where he will get the burden of proof to absolve himself of any culpability with all the incriminating emails already weaving their way all over the airwaves huh? And remember the car was roadworthy at the point of sale.

Yes, the buyer can sue, but he is not entitled to a full refund, he can only sue for the losses incurred, and then he would also have to pay his Solicitors fees too, thereby still leaving a shortfall in his pocket. So his best bet IMHO is to accept Damola1's offer and chalk it down to experience.

Disclaimer:

And you wonder why Nigerians resolve disputes using some other means

Interesting discuss, hope all parties find peace at the end.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by yongnoble(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2012
I've been following this topic and reading every single post especially btw the op and damola1 and it seems that whenever he (damola1) addresses questions raised by the op he always skips one fact, admitting that the car was accidental and also lied about servicing the car at elizade because after seeing the pictures, especially that of the welded chasis, even a blind man can see that it was done by road side welders.
My conclusion, damola1 is a FRAUD, a poor one at that.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Coldfaya(m): 8:30am On May 17, 2012
Tho Demola seems a bit honest about refunding (after d deed has been done), i dont see any need of d BUYER returning d car after he might have fixed d car. Somtimes its lyk dat, just accept dat dis na badt market. At least u'v learnt in d hard way tho, n opened our eyes.
Just fix it n enjoy ur money.
#Peace#
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by legendprac(m): 8:35am On May 17, 2012
No matter how we look @ it, damola's reputation has taken a Hit. How he handles that matters. Beliv me, even those in support of him will not wanna do business wit him wit how tins look now. He might be a good man, but he will have to offer more than he is offering and be ready to incur some losses n stress to be able to save his reputation. One tin is dat, if not saved, it might cost him a very good business deal in the future. That's life. But, damola is just a Username, he can change it moro.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by NaijaNaWaa: 8:36am On May 17, 2012
(SORRY I DIDNT READ PREVIOUS COMMENTS): This is very very unfair. Pls return his money. And buyer sef, you mumu no be small. How on earth can u buy a car that u didn't inspect, from someone that you don't know and online? Are people this ignorant? You deserve 24 strokes of the cane. Are there no car sellers in Abuja? Even if u paid more in Abj you would've avoided all these troubles. And why did you go into doing major repairs on a car that you just bought? You would have called the seller the moment it started overheating ad ask for a refund.

Anyway, Mr seller, I strongly believe that you're aware that the car is faulty. He made very stuppidd mistake but please refund his money in full. In future, let no one buy anything online without seeing it korokoro.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2012
Good Day Alhaji,

Sorry for what happened to you, am so happy you have the courage to publicly announce this on NL, i was so ashamed and bitter to say even a word when it happened to me during the subsidy era, upon all the hardship that time, a NLder had to sell a bus for almost a million naira, i was happy to have acquired the bus very cheap only to later discover that the engine had been changed, as i converse now, the bus is parked at my friends workshop because all my drivers has refused to drive the car complaining of one engine problem or the other, now i want to take my time and buy another engine so the bus can start work because am also into transport biz.
it was my fault for not inspecting the car but i was very busy to travel to lagos besides i know this very guy in person, he assured me that the bus is heaven and earth. i have learnt my lesson though.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by In4MATIC1: 8:39am On May 17, 2012
damola1:

The driver is foolish because for any car to develop any fault, it will start showing signs long before. The radiator of the car was blocked, most likely due to dirts and nothing more since it's sitting down there for quite sometime. A simple flushing will put everything in order. I drove that car about 2 weeks after it's pulled out of my garage between home and office and it never developed any fault. The driver saw this signs, and due to his eagerness to arrive abuja on time, ignored it. He didn't call me and no one did until the gasket went gaput. And you expect me to tell him he's shrewd. Lets call a spade a spade, else we will become a spade.

I am ready to return the 'fuckin' money. I have even asked to go and check the car out with my mech. while cancelling my itinerary, yet the buyer declined. What more would you have me do?

please sir, can you tell us how dirt got into a radiator that has been serviced by Elizade? Also are you saying ELIZADE certified a vehicle as serviced with FIVE Indicator lights on?
@ lekky, pls scan that vehicle IMMEDIATELY with a professional scan tool so you know what you bought.

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by hotwax: 8:40am On May 17, 2012
I am very sorry to hear this, I am supposed to travel by thursday, but will gladly cancel and arrange to pick up the vehicle tommorrow, but we must have to come to a mutual understanding.

I am respected among peers for customer satisfaction not here anyways, especially after sales support, and my motive for being in any dealing with anyone is to have a win win situation. I will try everything within my capacity to see that we both smile.

Thank you.

Damola

But I can see that Damola has conscience ooh. Mr Damola, pls do more...
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by stagger: 8:43am On May 17, 2012
Some people mumu no be small.

OP, were you bewitched? Kai!
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 8:45am On May 17, 2012
legendprac: No matter how we look @ it, damola's reputation has taken a Hit. How he handles that matters. Beliv me, even those in support of him will not wanna do business wit him wit how tins look now. He might be a good man, but he will have to offer more than he is offering and be ready to incur some losses n stress to be able to save his reputation. One tin is dat, if not saved, it might cost him a very good business deal in the future. That's life. But, damola is just a Username, he can change it moro.

yes, you are right...however, the credibility of other Car Dealers is at stake. sad I'm afraid.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by In4MATIC1: 8:46am On May 17, 2012
Malabeni: I'm begining to see sincerity on the part of Damola. He has done what any honourable business man does,offering refund in a veried case of dissatisfaction. @poster,heed to the advice of bigx,return the car and take back your money. I can see responsibility from both parties. @poster,please if you choose not to take the refund,do lay down your grudge and bicker no more. Good business reputation costs a fortune to build. Enough said.

sir, read between the lines,
1. return in the "good condition" bought.
2. Refunding will be done in about a month when the vehicle is sold...
Hmmm i wonder o. I see litigation here.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by cyril83(m): 8:48am On May 17, 2012
Lekky 2: Beware Of Buying Fraudulent Nigerian Used Vehicles

Hello Nlders, this is to advice interested members who may be interested in buying registered vehicle on NL to be wary of some fraudulent advert.

I want members to learn from my mistake so as not to fall prey to fraudsters.Though i hardly talk on NL, but i had a very bitter experience recently as a result of my foolishness arising as a result of trust i had on a Nlder.

I happen to be the buyer of the wine coloured 2008 RAV4 advertised by Damola1. When I saw the pics he posted, I was interested and negotiated the car to N2m from his asking price of N2.250m which he agreed. After then, I asked of the condition of the engine or any fixes to be done on the car after purchase since I am resident in Abuja. He told me the car is in a perfct condition and that there are no fixes to be made. He stated his reason for selling the car as wishing to acquire another car. Bur because of my tight schedule and eagerness to buy the car, I foolishly made a deposit of 500k to his gtb coporate acct without inspection on a Tuesday morning. Reason for my action was that I relied on the verbal assurance he gave me.

Later on, on the preceeding Friday morning i completed the balance payment of N1.5m into his account after which i sent someone to help me pick the car and bring to Abuja on a saturday morning. But alas!No sooner the guy picked the car and the first thing he noticed was an alignment problem on the tyres which was fixed by the seller in a filling station at Ikeja.Then he entered the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to start journey to Abuja and the car started doing high temperature. A bottle of Radiator coolant and a bag of purewater purchased on the highway would not help matter until the car finally broke down at sapade (A village near Ibadan) loosing it's top cylinder gasket.It was the intervention of passers-by that helped push the car to a local mechanic workshop who diagnosed that the top cylinder gasker is burnt together with one sensor cable. This was fixed, even though it cost me fortune. But the most annoying part was that when the top cylinder was removed, it was discovered that the car was accidented as it has weldings on it's chasis frame as seen in the attached pictures.

The engine has been finally coupled, but the car still refuses to start and as at the time of writing this report, it is still at sapade.The person whom i contracted to bring it got frustrated today when all effores gerared at getting the vehicle started proved abortive and had to leave back for Abuja tonight saying he can no longer continue to stay in the bush as this is posing a security threat to his life.

I know i had to pay a big price for my fooloishness for not inspecting the car, but then, does it mean one can no longer trust his fellow country men on cars adverised on NL?

When all these problems were relayed back to the seller, all he could told me was to return the car back to him in the same condition with which it was sold to me and that he will issue me a posdated cheque which i am going to cash one month after i had deliver the vehicle back to him.

Once bitten they say twice shy, i think i had learnt my lessons in a very hard way and would want fellow Nlders to take a cue from it.

This is not the first time i will be buying a vehicle un-ispected as i had bought a 2003 Highlander from US via a dealer in lagos before.
Your comments on this issue are welcome.
u dare not tell me ur story is real,I guess its cooked up story in other to wet our appetite diz mornin,mind u if its real,it then means u r a m.o.r.o.n infact u r a bagger,@1st u claimed u paid sum of 2m for 2008 rav4,my guy u dey craze? 2nd,u claimed u paid di whole barr for a dude u neva met witout an inspection...abeg hia na NL no be Naija pings or pin share wey u fit catch babes wit ur useless story
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by pato405(m): 8:49am On May 17, 2012
Really sad tale. I am not exactly a car dealer on NL. I am not qualified to be described as one, but I've sold 2 cars here. as a matter of fact the last was a Benz C-class which I published the VIN for ratification. I must say that till date, the buyers remain extremely delighted they bought the cars. No problems whatsoever. the guy who bought the benz travelled all the way from ife to Lagos to pay and pick up the car, finished his transaction early enough, got the car registered the same day and drove back to ife the same day. he called to also attest to the fact that he enjoyed his ride home. we are now friends and he still asks about when next I'll bring in another ride. in essence, there are still honest dealers on NL grin grin

OP's case is quite pathetic but my question is why would anyone ignore warning lights on a car dashboard? are those who designed it foools? you dont expect the car to scream with voice hitting the roof that it's sick. the car has communicated with you in the best way it can that you should steer clear. what do you expect? angry angry angry angry
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by saviola24: 8:55am On May 17, 2012
@OP, hw are u sure dat if u return d car dat damola da crook wont dupe u again thereby eating his cake and having it back. Op do wat eva ur mind tells u.just like u said "once bitten twice shy"
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by cyril83(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2012
damola1: Good Evening Sir,

I continue to remind you, your trust is absolutely not misplaced whenever you deal with myself. Absolutely not misplaced. I don't sell cars, this is my first sold car here.

Please have the car sent back, and a full refund will be arranged accordingly. You got my baby for a steal.

In response to your post:

Lekky 2 wrote:

Please be aware, your driver wrote in an email to me; 15 May 2012 06:47

' It started overheating right from Berger Lagos, even the radiator coolant and bags of sachet water I brought could not subside the overheating and by the time it got to Redemption camp the temperature had risen to the highest therefore burnt the top cylinder casket and the engine stopped working.'

I have used only 16k miles in this car since 2008, and it's never had over heating problems, but that aside, Please, why would anyone drive a car that started overheating from Berger to Redemption camp. Do you know the distance or time covered at all? was he blind all through? and am sure he's probably blowing the AC all through.. When you called me, you made it clear, the radiator was blocked, and that it'll have to be flushed. Don't you think if your driver had simply taken the basic precaution of checking why there's a temp rise at berger , the cylinder casket wouldn't have had any issues?

Lekky 2 wrote:

I am very sorry to hear this, I am supposed to travel by thursday, but will gladly cancel and arrange to pick up the vehicle tommorrow, but we must have to come to a mutual understanding.

I am respected among peers for customer satisfaction not here anyways, especially after sales support, and my motive for being in any dealing with anyone is to have a win win situation. I will try everything within my capacity to see that we both smile.

Thank you.

Damola

my guy u be scammer...ole ni e joor
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by blackrules1(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2012
@ Damola,
Trust me, even if you hadn't any fraudulent intention, your comments here so far shows you do.
You show no sympathy at all, and why must you return his money a month after, or two weeks after,as you typed?

@ Lekki,
It's your cross, carry it.
Why must you trust a Nigerian (like me) - in a deal worth 2M, you steal am ni? You be politician?
You never sent someone (a good mechanic) to inspect, yet you paid a 'first payment' of 500k
infact I dey vex, I don't have you time now.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 9:03am On May 17, 2012
ZUBY77: Both the seller and the buyer are to be blamed here.
Here is Nigeria where people add a little lies when selling or even buying things. Example... Go to a boutique and price a shirt, the seller will tell you that he bought the shirt for 5000 and the buyer will say that he has only 4000 with him.funnily at the end, the seller will accept 4500. Now a shirt that was purchased for 5k was old at 4k5 to a man who had only 4k with him.
My point is that you have to be present before making such transactions. The buyer should have visited Lagos after the initial 500K. My advice is to buy a new Engine. You can get a fairly used Engine in Ladipo Lagos or Onitsha Nigeria. I import used Engines from Japan and Singapore but i dont have Rav4. I can inquire for you but i am based in Onitsha and Enugu. Meanwhile if you agree to buy it down here, you will need to come down here to see it.

Hello Zuby pls can i get a commuter hiace big bumber engine from you and how much is it?
email me pls yeswecan991@yahoo.com
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 9:12am On May 17, 2012
I read the first page alone and I can say Damola is a crook , he never mentioned the case of the accidented part of the car to Alhaji and even now has cleverly dodged that part of this thread. Here is my take on the whole issue : Damola knew about the condition of the vehicle ( radiator , accident and indicator lights ) , knew also the engine isn't in good condition and played on Alhaji's naivety. He is dishonest and people shouldn't do business with him or those that validate him , you know what they say about birds of a feather , and he should be banned from this forum.

I have bought and sold on this forum and I never give false info on what I sell.

Alhaji this should serve as a lesson to you too and always find time to fully inspect whatever you are buying be it online or offline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2010 Toyota Camry Le, Xle, Hybrid ( Be the First to Know ) / Just In Black 2016 Merecedes Benz GLC300 4matic Selling @32.5m ABJ / Keke Napep Spare Parts tricycle in nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.