Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court (6610 Views)

Osun State: Doctors Reply Aregbesola / Sacked Lagos State Doctors Lobby To Be Reinstated / Lagos State Doctors Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by amosy007: 11:51am On May 16, 2012
afrodoc:

i know that policemen and armed robbers have been competing for who will kill the most Nigerians before the rapture.
i have NEVER gotten any direct help from a policeman rather they have been the root of several problems.and i have been lucky never to see an armed robber shoot at civilians but i have seen policemen shoot at UNARMED & INNOCENT CIVILIANS more than once

lol i get ur point..buh o d fact that u v nt being under attack by men of d underworld or lead a life of crime doesnt mean police shud be villified in all ramification.. We have good and bad cops all over the world though am am not disputing d fact that they are one of d most corrupt organisation in nigeria.. Buh that is not enough reason to think they are all d same

or will u support it if policemen says they are going on strike?
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by jigawatts(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2012
stagger:

Do you know how much policemen collect in bail amounts and all what not? I have personally witnessed someone bailing his relation with N200,000 in one of the police divisions. I also know a police inspector who is a car dealer, and another one who has several jeeps loaned to companies. You tell me, how did they get the money to do so? And these are guys I have known for years; I know where we all started from.

You cannot compare ASUU members who are asking government to respect agreements that they duly signed in 2001, with these bribe-collecting policemen who only know how to kill innocent citizens and when the true robbers strike, they take off. The only police guys I respect are members of SARS. Outside them, very little to cheer about.

Think and research your facts before you put up posts here.

Dont ever compare Doctors to Policemen..... Even as useless as our policemen are, they are still more important than doctors, they put deir own lives on d line to save us....... A doctor doesnt need to put his life on d line for anyone. Whenever dere is crisis... We still look forward to seeing our policemen at d crisis point. Talking about policemen recieveing 'big bribes'.... Almost all dese doctors av very madt Private hospitals in Lagos metropolis....Thats more dan d bribe a policeman can never accrue in his lifetime.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by snthesis(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2012
afrodoc: and the increment the doctors are asking for amounts to a grand total of 30million naira per month for all the doctors working with d lagos state govt.i hope u all remember how much was spent on Bola Tinubu's Bday?
govt stance is not to negotiate with terrorists cool
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by amosy007: 11:55am On May 16, 2012
jigawatts:

Dont ever compare Doctors to Policemen..... Even as useless as our policemen are, they are still more important than doctors, they put deir own lives on d line to save us....... A doctor doesnt need to put his life on d line for anyone. Whenever dere is crisis... We still look forward to seeing our policemen at d crisis point. Talking about policemen recieveing 'big bribes'.... Almost all dese doctors av very madt Private hospitals in Lagos metropolis....Thats more dan d bribe a policeman can never accrue in his lifetime.

u got d point bro....
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by philip0906(m): 11:58am On May 16, 2012
"operation fashola is always right". . .sick country
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by philip0906(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2012
jigawatts:

Big lie. . .hope u know sey police get grade? hope u r not using d ones dat stand on d road 2 pass ur judgment? d ones in d office-panti,alagbon and co make "dirty money"(in thousands) on a daily basis.u doubt? Go figure
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by allycat: 12:08pm On May 16, 2012
The doctors have been sacked and are headed to court. It's a free country, if the court turns us down we will lick our wounds. If we win in court, you havecthe option never to patronize us again, after all there are many alternatives. Pharmacies and chemist are there which Nigerians love cos their consultation is free. Just tell them your problem, no examination or investigations, bam treatment. Laboratories are there, just go give them a blood sample and they will diagnose staph and treat you accordingly. Churches are there, experienced nurses are there that can even do CS for you. And lest I forget there are many herbal medical and homeopathic practitioners , just check out the medical boards. So my dear brothers and sisters since Nigerian doctors are so bad , greedy, incompetent, murderous EEdiots. Ignore them and use your alternatives.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by ayox2003: 12:09pm On May 16, 2012
Whats the fuse about striking Doctors? Doctor strike everywhere in the world. Even in the west where life and working condition is better. Some NLers are not sane at all. Your governor is the first gonernor in the whole world to sack striking Doctors and some folks are hailing him here. Has he replaced them? People are dying! Plus he doesnt even receive treatments in those hospitals. So the Doctors are asking too much right? 31million additional payment for 1000 people every MONTH is too much, right? Thats less than 1.6% of what he spent on Tinubus birthday for a WEEK! So 200K is too much for a fresh Doc right? Una be mumu. No wonder Nigeria is always backward!
Example of people who voted for GEJ and not PDP.
Go to Marina general hospital and see how Lagosians are suffering.
SMH.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by onyxo76(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2012
lagos sacked docs just accept your fate and move on... there is no point of hanging around hoping that you will be reinstated. those who have put in long years try and claim your benefits and move. if you are still young, consider relocating. Ekiti state will gladly pay you all the conmess you need.
Already the whole of lagos and beyond hates you for your action so its best you just move on.im just hoping that these newly employed doctors will stay long enough for lagosians to feel their impact as i see most of them moving on as well since the condition of service has not improved that is if they don't start their own strike soon as well and get sacked.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by afrodoc(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2012
snthesis:
govt stance is not to negotiate with terrorists cool

so doctors are now terrorists abi? lmao
reminds me of when doctors in a state in the US went on strike cos they were being sued too much by the patients they were trying to help.there is very little a doctor can do to get thanks from people,but alagbo and witchdoctors r well respected,those r not terrorists
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by onyxo76(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2012
allycat: The doctors have been sacked and are headed to court. It's a free country, if the court turns us down we will lick our wounds. If we win in court, you havecthe option never to patronize us again, after all there are many alternatives. Pharmacies and chemist are there which Nigerians love cos their consultation is free. Just tell them your problem, no examination or investigations, bam treatment. Laboratories are there, just go give them a blood sample and they will diagnose staph and treat you accordingly. Churches are there, experienced nurses are there that can even do CS for you. And lest I forget there are many herbal medical and homeopathic practitioners , just check out the medical boards. So my dear brothers and sisters since Nigerian doctors are so bad , greedy, incompetent, murderous EEdiots. Ignore them and use your alternatives.
abi o... there is no to patronise the doctors when their are alternatives abeg chief no take any useless phone call from anybody wanting free consultation, when nurses and other workers strike does anybody make so much noise but because its the doctors na sack be solution... all na beef jare!!
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by superior1: 12:22pm On May 16, 2012
I am in full support of the Lagos State Govt on this. Abeg, what is it about medecine that makes those doctors look down on other profession?, because una dey work with human lifes (so the fucken what?). Are they the only professional in the state employ? How many other civil servants earn as much as they in civil service. What of Doctors in private hospitals, do they earn that much?. Have u guys ever wonder why most medical gradautes are always praying to get Job in the public institutions (cos dem pay dem bad?)

They will rather spend quality time in their private practice than the public ones paying them, take drugs out of public hospitals to theirs, refer minor cases to their personal clinics, treat patient with disrespect in the public hospital but better in their private hospital. Abeg, those doctors are rogues!!
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by 2mch(m): 12:22pm On May 16, 2012
All the people who lost family member better sue all the doctors for billions. Am sure they have the money from their little clinics on the side. These people have been playing with people's lives. If they like let them go and find work somewhere else na. Why are they fighting to get a job back where they didn't care about the patients. They know any future employer will not hire a troublemaker if they are sacked under these conditions. Except they open a clinic, getting a job under these conditions is almost impossible. LASG should let them sign a contract that they cannot run clinics while they are on employment with the state. Because they tend not to have any loyalty to their work.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by jigawatts(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2012
philip0906:
Big lie. . .hope u know sey police get grade? hope u r not using d ones dat stand on d road 2 pass ur judgment? d ones in d office-panti,alagbon and co make "dirty money"(in thousands) on a daily basis.u doubt? Go figure

See u .... I stay in Lagos Island.... We have Lion Building, Adeniji central police station and co ........ I know enuff ogas dere..... They only use bribes to do basic amenities..... Highest thing, build a house or buy a car.... Or run mini-businesses ...... Top Private hosp in Lagos.... Av u tried finding out d owners..... Normal doctors oooo, Pls go and find out who owns St Nicholas hosp and oda big ones here in Lagois
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by ayox2003: 12:35pm On May 16, 2012
2mch: All the people who lost family member better sue all the doctors for billions. Am sure they have the money from their little clinics on the side. These people have been playing with people's lives. If they like let them go and find work somewhere else na. Why are they fighting to get a job back where they didn't care about the patients. They know any future employer will not hire a troublemaker if they are sacked under these conditions. Except they open a clinic, getting a job under these conditions is almost impossible. LASG should let them sign a contract that they cannot run clinics while they are on employment with the state. Because they tend not to have any loyalty to their work.
And how much should Nigerians sue the government that cannot fix roads that caused deaths of their loved ones? How much should Nigerians sue the govt for those that have died due to insecurity in this nation? How much should Nigerians sue the govt for those who have been killed during elections? And how much should Nigerians sue a govt that cannot provide water? How much should Nigerians sue a govt that spends outside the budget? Calculate how much Nigerians have spent to provide water and electricity alone. Talkless of sandfilling potholes, vigilante charges, mai guard, replacement of tires and car spare parts due to bad roads.
Mumu.
Nigerians just dont know their rights. No wonder one politician said most senators and political office holders are paid "Nigerians ignorance allowance", monthly.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by 2mch(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2012
ayox2003:
And how much should Nigerians sue the government that cannot fix roads that caused deaths of their loved ones? How much should Nigerians sue the govt for those that have died due to insecurity in this nation? How much should Nigerians sue the govt for those who have been killed during elections? And how much should Nigerians sue a govt that cannot provide water? How much should Nigerians sue a govt that spends outside the budget? Calculate how much Nigerians have spent to provide water and electricity alone. Talkless of sandfilling potholes, vigilante charges, mai guard, replacement of tires and car spare parts due to bad roads.
Mumu.
Nigerians just dont know their rights. No wonder one politician said most senators and political office holders are paid "Nigerians ignorance allowance", monthly.

You Arrow, are u afraid of being taken to court? What you and your fellow doctors did is criminal. You took a hippocratic oath and broke it. You should be sued for billions. Ole people.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by afrodoc(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2012
jigawatts:

See u .... I stay in Lagos Island.... We have Lion Building, Adeniji central police station and co ........ I know enuff ogas dere..... They only use bribes to do basic amenities..... Highest thing, build a house or buy a car.... Or run mini-businesses ...... Top Private hosp in Lagos.... Av u tried finding out d owners..... Normal doctors oooo, Pls go and find out who owns St Nicholas hosp and oda big ones here in Lagois

Kai! Some Nigerians have made a vow against knowledge and unfortunately you seem to be one of them.do u expect hospitals to be owned by mechanics or architects? you people sit inside your bedrooms and make proclamations that you can't back up.St Nicholas was established by d late Chief Dr Majekodunmi who was the Min for Health as far back as during the Balewa govt in the 1960s.so r u comparing him to the young doctors who are being underpaid now and were not even born when St Nicholas was established? is he one of the "normal doctors o" that you mentioned own those big hospitals? its this type of beer parlour logic that is misleading people
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by Nairaboi(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Foolish man,how much does government pay police ? that is what you should talk about here not illegal money.We all know that most of these doctors also have private hospitals and pharmacies ! Isnt that enough for them using your police comparison for an example ? grin
. . . Bluetooth abi blackteeth, u don dey insult too much these days o. Its only the doctors that don't know their worth that are begging LSG. A doctor can never and will never go hungry in Nigeria or Sudan( pun intended). Unless he does not know he or she is a doctor or doctress ( pun)
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by ayox2003: 12:59pm On May 16, 2012
2mch:

You Arrow, are u afraid of being taken to court? What you and your fellow doctors did is criminal. You took a hippocratic oath and broke it. You should be sued for billions. Ole people.
hahaha
what of ur govs and presidents who swore to provide adequate welfare and security to all Nigerians. Didnt they swear? And do you know the number of people who die everyday because they cant keep their words.
Mind you I'm not a Doctor. But have you read the Hippocraric oath at all I dont think you have.
Sir, think very very well before you post anything here. I mean very well.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by amosy007: 1:04pm On May 16, 2012
afrodoc:

[b]Kai! Some Nigerians have made a vow against knowledge and unfortunately you seem to be one of them.[/b]do u expect hospitals to be owned by mechanics or architects? you people sit inside your bedrooms and make proclamations that you can't back up.St Nicholas was established by d late Chief Dr Majekodunmi who was the Min for Health as far back as during the Balewa govt in the 1960s.so r u comparing him to the young doctors who are being underpaid now and were not even born when St Nicholas was established? is he one of the "normal doctors o" that you mentioned own those big hospitals? its this type of beer parlour logic that is misleading people
must u insult while posting ur view? I went thru his post nothin like insult.. Do u think insults will make ur post acceptable? U no try at all
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by superior1: 1:06pm On May 16, 2012
If you are planning to be a millionaire medecine is off your path unless u wan bcom Bukola Saraki or Uduaghan
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by beneli(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2012
Though I am not directly affected by what is going on, I can’t help finding a lot of the comments on here to be not only sentimental hogwash, but occasionally, outrightly ignorant!

The Doctors are not ‘begging’ to get their jobs back they are demanding that not only should their jobs be given back to them but also that the government should commence FULL implementation of CONMESS.

Here’s the press release from NARD stating their position clearly:

alajikineo: Rather than heed to the warning and speedily re-initiate processes towards resolution of the matter, the Government of Lagos state embarked on campaign of calumny and intimidation by issuing queries, use of thugs to harass doctors, publication of doctors salaries in newspapers thereby endangering their lives and that of their families, setting up of disciplinary panels and eventual mass sack of a record 788 doctors in its employment and forceful eviction of same from their residential quarters with only two days eviction notice, in clear violation of Lagos state tenancy laws.

The Nigerian Medical Association has taken up the gauntlet and is negotiating with the Government of Lagos state on behalf of the Medical Guild. We hope that the Government would have a rethink, rescind its anti labour decisions and commence full implementation of the CONMESS . The doctors deserve nothing less!

While we await the outcome of the intervention by the Nigerian Medical Association, we wish to state unequivocally that the present situation is completely unacceptable to NARD and therefore must not persist. For the avoidance of doubt, NARD shall not hesitate to employ all machineries at her disposal to protect the interest of her members in Lagos state, if the Government remains insensitive.

We therefore earnestly call on all well meaning Nigerians and the National Assembly to intervene towards resolving the impasse and prevent needless losses of lives of innocent downtrodden Nigerians.

Whilst we remain true to the oath sworn by every doctor to consecrate our lives to the service of humanity, what we ask of the society is to grant us that which is due onto us.

Thank you.

Dr C. J. Achonwa Dr U. S. Galadima
President Ag. Secretary General

What a lot of people on here don’t seem to be aware of is that a country of 160 million people served by only 22,000 Doctors is actually in a very desperate situation . . . and if it then goes ahead to sack almost 1000 of these Doctors then something is clearly wrong with the concerned government, which in this particular case is led by Governor Fashola. No amount of spinning the issues or playing to the sentiments of a largely ignorant population, by the few who understand the political implications of this error, will make it right – he’s screwed up big time on this one!

I doubt the Doctors will change their position. They are right and Fashola is wrong, so he should not try to run away from something he has agreed to. It’s not statesmanlike of him to continue doing so . . .

I do hope the court will do the right thing – reinstate the positions of the Doctors and if it’s within its powers to also MANDATE the government to do what it agreed it would do. Otherwise the brain drain will continue . . .

For now, Doctors don’t BEG for jobs. At least not in a country like Nigeria and certainly not in the UK or in the USA . . . If that sounds arrogant – deal with it!

The state of health care in Nigeria has been worsened by a physician shortage as a consequence of severe 'brain drain'. Many Nigerian doctors have emigrated to North America and Europe. In 2005, 2,392 Nigeria doctors were practising in the US alone, in UK number was 1,529. Retaining these expensively trained professionals has been identified as an urgent goal . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Nigeria
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by afrodoc(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2012
amosy007:
must u insult while posting ur view? I went thru his post nothin like insult.. Do u think insults will make ur post acceptable? U no try at all

i no try i agree.but i wasn't insulting him...some nigerians have indeed made a vow against knowledge.they just come here to yarn what they know nothing abt in order to lead more people down their dark path.like Luclay i just wanted to EXPOSE him cheesy
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by ikooko(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2012
[quote author=afrod
what such events as this does is it opens people's eyes to opportunities they were overlooking and it forces the hands of others to take bold steps.if u r not in d medical profession u wont understand.there r always opportunities for doctors outside the country and even in other systems within the country,its just dt people r usually reluctant to take that step [/quote]
Dont mind them jare, afterall if you cant attend to patients in hospital, you can at least attend to posts on NL.
For the records - reasons and conditions doctors go on strike abroad is totally different from what happens in this country.
They should just forget it and move on. Gone are the days when doctors feels like demi gods.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by texazzpete(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2012
jigawatts:

You are a Grade A m0r0n!
Kindly tell us how people being paid less than 200k monthly will be able to build, equip and staff a private hospital in Lagos. I'm tired of this inane lie being repeated by you poorly educated folk who only exist to consume oxygen and resources meant for your betters.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by afrodoc(m): 1:49pm On May 16, 2012
texazzpete:

You are a Grade A m0r0n!
Kindly tell us how people being paid less than 200k monthly will be able to build, equip and staff a private hospital in Lagos. I'm tired of this inane lie being repeated by you poorly educated folk who only exist to consume oxygen and resources meant for your betters.

LOOOOOL
According to the resident council of wise men on NL ,doctors being paid abt 200k... "normal doctors o" own St.Nicholas,Eko Hospital,Havana Hospital and Reddington.one begins to wonder about mental capacity.....seriously amosy007 u cant blame me,think am na! people just come here without any facts or figures and just say rubbish.
its imposible to carry out reasonable debates with such people.
and ikooko doctors have gone on strike for more pay in Germany,France and Spain and Italy.....ALL IN THE LAST TEN YEARS
and recently they threatened to go on strike in the UK cos of govt plans to reduce their pension.now u might want to ask what amount their pension was to b reduced to
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by armadeo(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2012
Pls Pls Pls. You as an individual has no relationship with the doctors. The doctors oath says nothing about providing health service to you. It only says how they should act. Govt provides health service for you by employing these doctors whom aren't happy with their salaries so they were sacked. Stop saying people are dying cos of the docs, its govt that should provide health care not the doctors.

Ps these docs aren't worried to say the least. As allycat said you are free to choose whom you want to give you health care. obviously people don't see the big picture.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by chuks49(m): 2:11pm On May 16, 2012
No one is indispensable! Unfortunately these doctors are learnt this the hard way.
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by afrodoc(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2012
chuks49: No one is indispensable! Unfortunately these doctors are learnt this the hard way.

yes thats why the hospitals are functioning as we speak
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by Wallie(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2012
beneli: Though I am not directly affected by what is going on, I can’t help finding a lot of the comments on here to be not only sentimental hogwash, but occasionally, outrightly ignorant!

The Doctors are not ‘begging’ to get their jobs back they are demanding that not only should their jobs be given back to them but also that the government should commence FULL implementation of CONMESS.

Here’s the press release from NARD stating their position clearly:

What a lot of people on here don’t seem to be aware of is that a country of 160 million people served by only 22,000 Doctors is actually in a very desperate situation . . . and if it then goes ahead to sack almost 1000 of these Doctors then something is clearly wrong with the concerned government, which in this particular case is led by Governor Fashola. No amount of spinning the issues or playing to the sentiments of a largely ignorant population, by the few who understand the political implications of this error, will make it right – he’s screwed up big time on this one!

I doubt the Doctors will change their position. They are right and Fashola is wrong, so he should not try to run away from something he has agreed to. It’s not statesmanlike of him to continue doing so . . .

I do hope the court will do the right thing – reinstate the positions of the Doctors and if it’s within its powers to also MANDATE the government to do what it agreed it would do. Otherwise the brain drain will continue . . .

For now, Doctors don’t BEG for jobs. At least not in a country like Nigeria and certainly not in the UK or in the USA . . . If that sounds arrogant – deal with it!

The state of health care in Nigeria has been worsened by a physician shortage as a consequence of severe 'brain drain'. Many Nigerian doctors have emigrated to North America and Europe. In 2005, 2,392 Nigeria doctors were practising in the US alone, in UK number was 1,529. Retaining these expensively trained professionals has been identified as an urgent goal . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Nigeria

What good are a thousand doctors that are “always” on strike? Would firing them really make any difference if they can’t be counted on in the first place? At least firing them would allow hiring of doctors that take their oaths more seriously!

Mind you, I’m not saying doctors shouldn’t strike but if they do, there should be systems in place to take care of emergency patients! People are dying because some people think that the government is reneging on some monetary agreement! If the government caves in and gives them more money, are the doctors going to bring the dead patients back to life? How I hope they can be jailed for causing unnecessary deaths!
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by Wallie(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2012
Here are the duties of a doctor, at least in the UK, which should be similar to Nigeria's.

The duties of a doctor registered with the General Medical Council

Patients must be able to trust doctors with their lives and health. To justify that trust you must show respect for human life and you must:

Make the care of your patient your first concern
Protect and promote the health of patients and the public
• Provide a good standard of practice and care
o Keep your professional knowledge and skills up to date
o Recognise and work within the limits of your competence
o Work with colleagues in the ways that best serve patients' interests
• Treat patients as individuals and respect their dignity
o Treat patients politely and considerately
o Respect patients' right to confidentiality
• Work in partnership with patients
o Listen to patients and respond to their concerns and preferences
o Give patients the information they want or need in a way they can understand
o Respect patients' right to reach decisions with you about their treatment and care
o Support patients in caring for themselves to improve and maintain their health
• Be honest and open and act with integrity
o Act without delay if you have good reason to believe that you or a colleague may be putting patients at risk
o Never discriminate unfairly against patients or colleagues
o Never abuse your patients' trust in you or the public's trust in the profession.
You are personally accountable for your professional practice and must always be prepared to justify your decisions and actions.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_medical_practice/duties_of_a_doctor.asp
Re: Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court by lekawo26: 3:01pm On May 16, 2012
stagger:

Do you know how much policemen collect in bail amounts and all what not? I have personally witnessed someone bailing his relation with N200,000 in one of the police divisions. I also know a police inspector who is a car dealer, and another one who has several jeeps loaned to companies. You tell me, how did they get the money to do so? And these are guys I have known for years; I know where we all started from.

You cannot compare ASUU members who are asking government to respect agreements that they duly signed in 2001, with these bribe-collecting policemen who only know how to kill innocent citizens and when the true robbers strike, they take off. The only police guys I respect are members of SARS. Outside them, very little to cheer about.

Think and research your facts before you put up posts here.
ad do you know how much Doctors are also steal? drugs that's meant to be given for free (by WHO) are sold to people or hoarded...people are asked to do unnecessary tests (in the doctor's private hospital) just to make money...to see your doctor, they charge u a leg and arm and now u say policemen make a lot of money..I hate police officers, but the doctors are no better!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regular Soap Or Body Wash: Which Is Better / Do You Know The Cost Of Oxygen You Breathe Per Hour? / The Benefits Of Stc30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.