Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,022 members, 7,883,537 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime (4328 Views)

Poll: Should a traffic offender be regarded as an ex-convict?

Yes: 12% (1 vote)
No: 87% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by dayokanu(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2007
Do you know that in the last governorship election, the ANPP candidate Senator Ibikunle Amosun won in OBjJ's ward and local government. So don't assume

She would win anyways
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by nigeria1: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2007
Afam , you are not well inform, And on my english, i sometime write, like i speak. and we speak different english over here. I can say U people. That is not accepted in Nigeria, but over here it is. You are allow to say I wanna go to a place, but in Nigeria you not. So Nigeria english is not the only one around.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by Afam(m): 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2007
nigeria1:

Afam , you are not well inform, And on my english, i sometime write, like i speak. and we speak different english over here. I can say You people. That is not accepted in Nigeria, but over here it is. You are allow to say I want to go to a place, but in Nigeria you not. So Nigeria english is not the only one around.

I guess you are a huge fan of Bush then, where anything goes whether it makes sense or not, abi?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by nigeria1: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2007
i have nothing against george bush, he had problem in his youth and he over come it . that is a success.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by Afam(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2007
nigeria1:

i have nothing against george bush, he had problem in his youth and he over come it . that is a success.

Problem? What kind of problem?

If by your standards he is a success who then is a failure?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by mrpataki(m): 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2007
Afam:

Problem? What kind of problem?

If by your standards he is a success who then is a failure?

Go and find out!

Who then is a failure? The Nigerian leaders both past and present!

Go and find out!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by nigeria1: 2:50am On Nov 19, 2007
afam give it to george bush. Yes he made one of 2 mistake. He is human,  He turn his life around from when he was young. No one in his family expected him to end up president of the USA. 

I do believe George Bush should start pulling out of Iraq, if he does not ,  his party would loss at the election. And I believe the USA is not ready for a black president yet. Obama would not be president. For the democrate to win. They may have to present an Edward/Obama presidency,  any thing less,  they would loss the election. if they present Hilary instead of Obama, black voter would go republica.  For Bush party to win. they have to withdraw from Iraq,
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by Mamajama(m): 3:40am On Nov 19, 2007
A convict is a person who has been convicted of a crime. Convicts often become prisoners after a conviction. Persons convicted and sentenced to non-custodial sentences usually are not termed "convicts." An ex-convict (or short: ex-con) is a person who has been released from prison.

SO this story is useless and baseless, it should be dismiss with no merit

Each state has a collection of laws that are generally referred to as the vehicle code or traffic code.

A driving offense is a violation. A crime is defined as a misdemeanor or felony. If you were arrested for dwi, vehicular manslaughter. etc a moving violation summons will not equal a crime

Criminal offences are spelt out in the Penal code of the Country. Normally intention means to cause damage to property/body of others, is an essential ingredient of the crime but not of traffic offence.

Some traffic offenses are also classified as "Criminal Offenses", because of the nature of said "offense". Examples are: "Vehicular Negligent Homicide", "Hit & Run Driving", "Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle", and "Driving While Impaired", to name a few
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by almondjoy(f): 7:30am On Nov 19, 2007
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by Legendary(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2007

[size=14pt]What english language will cause ehn?[/size] grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Vs Remilekun Bakare , Traffic Offences Is Not A Criminal Crime by Frankies(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2007
Afam:

@nigeria1,

Have you tried comedy before? You can carve out a niche for yourself - say disjointed english and believe me you will strike gold.

I spend more time trying to understand you than in reading your posts.

So, being on the same plane with Iyabo is enough to prove here innocence abi? Wonderful. Maybe all criminals need to fly just once with you for them to become innocent people.

Good point. I bow for that guy ooo. I couldn't help wondering what he meant by that statement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Performs In Church Half-Naked / Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari / Never Let Peter Obi Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.