Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,967 members, 7,909,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:13 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38728 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by CyberG: 1:22am On May 21, 2012
18 pages of arguments, but the question is: what will the daft Nigerian president do about it? What original ideas and practical steps will be take to even fix ANY of the problems rather than shifting the blame of many years ago? Even sickly Yaradua was eons ahead of this dumb bottom of the pile retardeen. If GEJ has been the only leader who has made the MOST promises and vows and has not fulfilled even 1% of them, it is clear that whatever was wrong with Nigerian leadership assumed steroidal monstrosity under his gravely incompetent watch! Again, what will this pathetically incompetent president do to solve any of Nigeria's problem instead of digging it into additional ~$ 8 B dollar debt after looting the country's surplus and savings into insolvency??
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:04am On May 21, 2012
alj harem:

I actually like your comments but in such conversations you are always quick to pick the side of the east. Not that it is bad but it makes me wonder that if you are not Nigerian how do you know the right and wrong political decision or "who's" side you are on. It does not make sense. Although not that I am good politically speaking or know the right decisions to make if I were a politician but I try to balance things up a bit and so do many other posters here (except from the tribalist). I hope you see what I mean smiley

No I understand you perfectly fine. I am not picking sides. I only go with what makes sense - to me anyway. smiley
The only time you'd see me "supporting the East" is when they talk about pride in who they are I like to see that. smiley Same with West Nigerians. I've been on threads about Biafran history as well as those praising the Yoruba kingdoms. One of the most important ppl in my life is Yoruba. He's proud of his history (even teaches me a bit about it) and I love him dearly. I've always said on this forum, that ppl don't have to indulge in tribalism to be proud. So I am definitely not taking sides.

BTW, the Igbo brother on your page slightly reminds me of this Jamo guy named "Ninja Man". grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:10am On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

No I understand you perfectly fine. I am not picking sides. I only go with what makes sense - to me anyway. smiley
The only time you'd see me "supporting the East" is when they talk about pride in who they are I like to see that. smiley Same with West Nigerians. I've been on threads about Biafran history as well as those praising the Yoruba kingdoms. One of the most important ppl in my life is Yoruba. He's proud of his history (even teaches me a bit about it) and I love him dearly. I've always said on this forum, that ppl don't have to indulge in tribalism to be proud. So I am definitely not taking sides.

190 is not Yoruba wink cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:15am On May 21, 2012
@Ileke-IdI

Nice try. But wrong.
I am talking about a Nairalander though. wink
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:18am On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @Ileke-IdI

Nice try. But wrong.

I was joking.
Congrats lol
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 2:18am On May 21, 2012

Nice try. But wrong.

Interesting grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:29am On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

BTW, the Igbo brother on your page slightly reminds me of this Jamo guy named "Ninja Man". grin grin

No probs cool cool cool grin grin grin grin I hope that Nairaland treats you like a sarauniya (queen) smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:30am On May 21, 2012
noiseless: Enough of reading these trash, see the way in which MR. SNAKE ALHJ HAREM aka JASON123=SHYMEX/transgendered is unleashing his numerous FAKE IDs claiming he lives in the uk and with a niger delta parents just to deceive people, only the naive will pay attention to that rubbish. @Sam-Ikenna,don't expect ALHJ HAREM to write in the same way as JASON123 does before you catch his fakeness, i'm sure he has that in mind before embarking on deceptive online runs to cover his stinking @ss. @the topic, the almalgamation is not a mistake but a well planned EVIL & SATANIC.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na wa o now you have added shymexx grin grin grin grin grin LOL
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:30am On May 21, 2012
jmaine:

Interesting grin

sey you be the guy wink
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:39am On May 21, 2012
btw noiseless

i only have one id which is alj harem but most time Beaf and likes of you try to comfort yourselves by saying those that don't follow your ways to be alj harem. Alj harem is one man, He has a job and there is no way in the world he can be commenting with 10 or 2 IDs and still maintain a job and a family. Absolutely no way. I no be super man, neither do I have time for Nairaland that much.

All this calling everyone alj harem is just sad. If Akwa ibom speaks, it is Alj harem, if edo alaj harem delta etc they are all alj harem

Bros, na wa o, abeg pack well o
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by dejyx: 2:43am On May 21, 2012
The president has spoken the truth. I love the comment where someone was sarcastic and said that "we are supposed to be one country with terrorist north". I have lived in Jos for about 40yrs now and I have actually observed the way these core northerners think. Once they can't have something the mess up the whole place by killing, burning, looting or bombing. In the case of Plateau state, Jos-North LGA was created so that they can become indigenes of Plateau and probably rule Plateau someday. The Plateau man decoded their master plan and came out to say the Hausa man in Jos is a settler not an indigene. Since 2001 till date Jos has never seen peace.

From all indication the core northerners feel leadership is their birth right, they feel they are born to rule. Since they cant rule Nigeria or since Nigeria is being ruled by an "infidel" "kufr" "outcast" from the south. The Northerners have brought nothing but shame to this country. The Abdulmutalabs the Yusuf Mohammeds, the Kabiru Sokotos have made Nigeria to be tagged as a terrorist country. We all know that we the southerners of our dear nation do not have this kind of character at all.

The fact remains that the north was never for independence and they are not ready for just leadership.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by enest4all: 4:14am On May 21, 2012
THIS SHOELESS BOY WHO IS SUPPOSE TO RESCUE THIS NATION FROM ITS TANTARUM SITUATION IS INFLICTING PLAQUE ON IT. HE HIS POLITICALLY IMMATURE AND UNPATRIOTIC TO SAY THAT THE UNION OF NIGERIA INTO A NATION IS WRONG. MR GOODLUCK SHOULD BE CHECK.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Obiagu1(m): 4:27am On May 21, 2012

Nice try. But wrong.

Nawa oo! So some people are having fun off NL while we are busy arguing our a.s.s off with no end result SMH.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by enest4all: 4:32am On May 21, 2012
[quote author dejyx]The president has spoken the truth. I love the comment where someone was sarcastic and said that "we are supposed to be one country with terrorist north". I have lived in Jos for about 40yrs now and I have actually observed the way these core northerners think. Once they can't have something the mess up the whole place by killing, burning, looting or bombing. In the case of Plateau state, Jos-North LGA was created so that they can become indigenes of Plateau and probably rule Plateau someday. The Plateau man decoded their master plan and came out to say the Hausa man in Jos is a settler not an indigene. Since 2001 till date Jos has never seen peace.

From all indication the core northerners feel leadership is their birth right, they feel they are born to rule. Since they cant rule Nigeria or since Nigeria is being ruled by an "infidel" "kufr" "outcast" from the south. The Northerners have brought nothing but shame to this country. The Abdulmutalabs the Yusuf Mohammeds, the Kabiru Sokotos have made Nigeria to be tagged as a terrorist country. We all know that we the southerners of our dear nation do not have this kind of character at all.

The fact remains that the north was never for independence and they are not ready for just leadership.

[/quote]mr dejyx d leader of boko haram in kano is a yoruba man 4rm ogbomoso. suleman. D leader of boko haram in pleteau, gombe, adamawa n maiduguri r igbo men. My question is dis r igbomen n yorubaman northerns? If no dis issue is not a sectional issue bt national one. Less not tink abt west, east, north or south bt let us tink as nigerians
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by maasoap(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]
The best GEJ can do is call a conference where we can all talk and forge a united way forward. If however, a call for a refendum is the resounding result of that meeting, then so be it. [quote]
Then, what and who is he waiting for? If you and me lament about the Nigeria situation, it is understandable since we lack authority to effect change. But when the president also starting to lament, then it totally unacceptable. He has peoples' mandate to determine best direction for us, that is why we put him there. The retarden is just using every opportunity to prove his cluelessness about governance. Imagine our president saying such things at burial ceremony! Pathetic!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2012
na_joke: @egift and others
I don't know why u guys argue wit this dic.klickn son of monkey called Beaf. There is a sayin that "do not argue with an I.D.I.O.T,he will drag u down to his level and beat u with experience"

......With d above as he not been doing a good job. Just ignore the no good piece of shit.e

Y this 'unnecessary' comment,
laced with 'names' calling?

Its uncalled for brother.

We are all mature here!

Argument? everyone with
his/her opinions, and looking
at it critically, we all have been
saying the same thing, just like
d case of shymmex and MsDarkskin.

The first thing is ''discover and
state d cause of a problem'' before
coming to solution!

Even in our elementary subjects
back then in secondary schools.
One needed to state d cause of a
problem before d panacea!

Pls,lets be mature in our dealings.

Believe me, last thing u wanted is
creating enemies for urself here!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Grazza: 7:43am On May 21, 2012
It is most disappointing to note the terrible aspersions cast by some average witted contributors with respect to this discussion. Nairaland should serve as a base for the formation of a movement and not where aloof idiosyncracies are allowed to run amock by unenlightened souls.
Let us commence this journey by astutely arriving at common conclusions that can then be presented to the media as the voice of a certain strata of concerned individuals. We need to mature beyond the idea of expressing our myopic thoughts without considering the big picture. People, let us think outside the box and take this forum to a next level.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 7:45am On May 21, 2012
noiseless: Enough of reading these trash, see the way in which MR. SNAKE ALHJ HAREM aka JASON123=SHYMEX/transgendered is unleashing his numerous FAKE IDs claiming he lives in the uk and with a niger delta parents just to deceive people, only the naive will pay attention to that rubbish. @Sam-Ikenna,don't expect ALHJ HAREM to write in the same way as JASON123 does before you catch his fakeness, i'm sure he has that in mind before embarking on deceptive online runs to cover his stinking @ss. @the topic, the almalgamation is not a mistake but a well planned EVIL & SATANIC.

that could be false accusation!
Lets deal with each ID independently!

I dont wanna believe pple masking
with different IDs here.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 7:50am On May 21, 2012
4evergod3: A farmer does not depend on good luck to bring about good harvest and food for us to eat. If a tailor depends on good luck to sew your cloth, when you are looking for a shirt you will end up with a dress. A farmer does not look for good luck to give us to feed the nation, and a tailor does not depend on good luck to sew cloth, when it comes to certain matters good luck has its limitation. Instead, wise planning and intelligent thinking is what is needed. It’s not true that IGP is incompetent as people have been saying.

We have a situation where the IG himself is more or less a junior to some of the commissioners of Police serving under him. Remember that some people stayed behind with the intent of helping him, are all of them loyal to him? Do we know where the loyalty of some of them lies? Is it possible for him to have as free hand with the kind of command he’s asked to handle? Is he given a free hand? The moment you politicize anything that had to do with security, you have fractured the chain of command.

So, whereas, he may be a very competent officer but the structure he was asked to perform with may not help him.

Is that not enough reason to resign as people are calling on him to do?

You will have to interview him on that. Is it easy to resign?

If he is your uncle will you ask him to resign?

What is the way forward out of the current logjam?

The leadership must first of all find the moral courage to understand the reason why we are prone to these things more other countries; to face the problem, diagnose it and call it by its real name so it can treat it. If leadership does not do that we are going to slide to the morass faster. That is one. Number two; this new problem, in other countries nobody is relying on old methodologies.

In some countries, they call a new kind of war, because there is no text book answer. As I speak right now, all over the world, intelligence experts are just writing the text books to match this menace of terrorism, because it is a resurgence that has not be seen in many centuries. So, coming up with military intelligence to come and answer this problem is a waste of everybody’s time; coming up with DIGs to come and answer this, is a waste of everybody’s time.

What we need is leadership with innovative thinking; people who can think out of the box; who understand the cultural, religious, political and the radical aspects of what we are talking about here; people who know how to recognize the different phases and to handle all the phases with equanimity. I give you an example; one of the things that making this thing spread faster is the lack of a consensus in Nigeria.

The Chinese Constitution is about 2,000 words; the American is about 4,400 words but the Nigeria Constitution is in excesses of 74,000 words. Nigeria has never had a real constitution. What we call a constitution is not representative of the Nigerian people. There is no common agreement. The best country that Nigeria to align with right and it is going to be done with utmost wisdom, is USA—the only country that has had the same kind of history and experience and was successful to a point. They were also colonized by the British.

Every offer that was given to Nigeria as we transited to independence was also offered the Americans but they rejected all. All the problems in the Nigerian foundation can find solution in the American history. There is something called the American declaration of independence, Nigeria does not have the equivalent of it. What is written there is very simple but very powerful, and you can build the country on it: “All men are created equal before God and everybody is entitled to the pursuit of happiness”

That is why you see that nobody jokes with liberty in the US. If you have 10 heads, everybody is equal. Three revolutions were fought by the Americans, all based on the original agreement. In Nigeria, is there any such document that says we are all equal and that everybody is entitled to the basics of life? We do not know the power of such words.

America was able to overcome its colonial experience and build their nation properly. Nigeria is yet to that.

Do u know that we have the
strongest lyrical National anthem
if I may say.
Even coupled with our
National pledge!

Hmmmm!

We dont even think of d lyric!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2012
egift:

Here we go again. Why are twisting a straightforward comment to make it less obvious? From the above this what is clearly the facts:
In 1914, the Northern and Southern Protectorates were merged together by Sir Lord Lugard.
In 1960, Nigeria became an independent Nation from the British
In 1963, Nigeria became a Republic

So, look at the following possibilities and what it implies:
- Something must have gone wrong from 1914 = The current challenges started because of the Amalgamation. Meaning without that event it will not have been.

- If he chose 1960 or 1963 = It means the Independence or becoming a republic was the problem.

Fact: the President of Nigeria is suggesting a split of Nigeria as a quick fix and you guys do not see anything wrong with. It is Treason.

Common!
Nobody is suggesting d split
of Nigeria.
All he wants is to make sure that
that 'selfish' reason of amalgamation
is thrown into d bin!

Thank u once again for opting
for a 'unified' Nigeria!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2012
egift:

Here we go again. Why are twisting a straightforward comment to make it less obvious? From the above this what is clearly the facts:
In 1914, the Northern and Southern Protectorates were merged together by Sir Lord Lugard.
In 1960, Nigeria became an independent Nation from the British
In 1963, Nigeria became a Republic

So, look at the following possibilities and what it implies:
- Something must have gone wrong from 1914 = The current challenges started because of the Amalgamation. Meaning without that event it will not have been.

- If he chose 1960 or 1963 = It means the Independence or becoming a republic was the problem.

Fact: the President of Nigeria is suggesting a split of Nigeria as a quick fix and you guys do not see anything wrong with. It is Treason.

And lets wait for the next state
of action before we level against
him d allegation of treason.

He can still defend himself in court
of law based on this statement.

Lets hold on pls!

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nimakor: 8:13am On May 21, 2012
egift:

If he believes something is wrong with the Amalgamation = He believe the Amalgamation should not have taken place.

Jonathan's comment is not only out of line (because he is the President), but undermines the Statehood and sovereignty of Nigeria as an independent Nation. Do you know if his aide did say this, such an individual will be sacked immediately or tender a strong worded apology to the nation at least. How about if another President in some country say so?
am not sure he was voted in to say wat u want to hear.cut him some slack.will ya.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2012
Tropilo:

My brother, the OP does not deserve any refund because he may have spent part of his school fees on akara. He is being deliberately drafty.
Mr. President averred that our problems did not start today, he believes "something must have gone wrong" since the entity called Nigeria came into being from 1914 to 2012 a period of 98yrs.
Any nation that has the likes of Umaru Dikko, IBB, Atiku, Buhari, Kaita, Bode George, Ibori, Alams etc don't you think more than "something" is wrong? IBB alone (sef) is enough let alone others.

I practically laughed here.....
''....IBB alone.....''
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2012

Nice try. But wrong.

So, 190 aint a Nairalander.
190, where art thou?

LOL!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2012
dejyx: The president has spoken the truth. I love the comment where someone was sarcastic and said that "we are supposed to be one country with terrorist north". I have lived in Jos for about 40yrs now and I have actually observed the way these core northerners think. Once they can't have something the mess up the whole place by killing, burning, looting or bombing. In the case of Plateau state, Jos-North LGA was created so that they can become indigenes of Plateau and probably rule Plateau someday. The Plateau man decoded their master plan and came out to say the Hausa man in Jos is a settler not an indigene. Since 2001 till date Jos has never seen peace.

Hmmmm!
Gat me thinking!
Most of us will not
understand untill
there is NATIONAL
war outbreak!

Go to Jos and experiance
what happened, then our
'divideus' will win!

Northerners' belief?
You are on point!

But, not all thinks in d
same direction!
The illiterates I gez!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 8:28am On May 21, 2012
alj harem:

sey you be the guy wink

For where . . . . No be me bros cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 8:29am On May 21, 2012
enest4all: mr dejyx d leader of boko haram in kano is a yoruba man 4rm ogbomoso. suleman. D leader of boko haram in pleteau, gombe, adamawa n maiduguri r igbo men. My question is dis r igbomen n yorubaman northerns? If no dis issue is not a sectional issue bt national one. Less not tink abt west, east, north or south bt let us tink as nigerians

Those are ''gluttonous bastard''!
Believe me!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by hubreality(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2012
egift:

See the following...

@egift, your tribalistic nature is without measure in falsely accusing Mr President in all your politically twisted posts against him. Having gone thru ur profile, anyone could see that you seem to be sponsored to dishing twisted and misleading info against GEJ, almost all ur thread topics are on GEJ. In fact, you've spoken treason a lot here.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by icez: 8:43am On May 21, 2012
hubreality:

@egift, your tribalistic nature is without measure in falsely accusing Mr President in all your politically twisted posts against him. Having gone thru ur profile, anyone could see that you seem to be sponsored to dishing twisted and misleading info against GEJ, almost all ur thread topics are on GEJ. In fact, you've spoken treason a lot here.

Well said.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ElKels(m): 9:18am On May 21, 2012
Post on!
Callimo: [color=#990000][/color]

Call him whatever u think and wish, he has just made a statement that many feared to make. There are no bases to call nigeria a NATION. Why making it a single entity in the first place. Abeg who has the cutlass , let him/her divide this country . We are tired of this meaningless unity. kiss kiss
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Tinyemeka(m): 9:39am On May 21, 2012
egift:

If he believes something is wrong with the Amalgamation = He believe the Amalgamation should not have taken place.

Jonathan's comment is not only out of line (because he is the President), but undermines the Statehood and sovereignty of Nigeria as an independent Nation. Do you know if his aide did say this, such an individual will be sacked immediately or tender a strong worded apology to the nation at least. How about if another President in some country say so?

Stop broadcasting illiteracy. Go back and read that original article again and again. This time with a dispassionate eye. You are truly seeing things that are not there. He never even said something was wrong with the amalgamation, as your new accusation now reads.

See as person dey fail exam.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by alasibanz: 9:49am On May 21, 2012
What makes a known fact treasonable?? It was a well known fact the present state "Nigeria" was a Nation of Nations prior to the British arrival.
Some here are even blaming the President for not working towards solving that, not taking into account his limited power as enshrined in the grundnorm (Constitution).
Though I am not blaming them as most here were not trained to grasp his in-capacities by the provisions of the aforementioned statute, of which only lawyers were better equipped in that respect.
Educate us on how sovereignty has been overawe or intimidated by the captain of the sovereign government. Even successful coupist are not culpable.

True federalism is the only viable way out now till total integration of all ethnic groupings has been achieved. A state where the life/properties of some peeps from certain part could not be guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Mohammed Haliru Appears In Court On A Wheelchair (Photo) / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Pictures Of Flooded Streets Of Port Harcourt After Yesterday’s Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.