Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,789 members, 7,969,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:33 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1839714 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (939) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by almajiri101: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
justwise:

Dream on!, you really wish, take your passport and head to SA then.
you nor even know if i be member of house of assembly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
almajiri101: you nor even know if i be member of house of assembly.

You are not.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RichYoungRuler(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
hi BosseS, can someone please help concerning the following quote;
RichYoungRuler: hi all, i appreciate the good work done here so far, pls i would like to find out if guys are using the purple olive hotel site for payment as the reservation shows a booking.com website which was included in the requirements page as a third party site. thanks, then when an employer is sponsoring one is d sponsored person still suppose to include his own acct details, isnt that of the employer enough? then if you own your company who is then to write the recommendation letter on ur behalf,is it d secretary or who? thanks.
. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhilove: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
I say a big thanks to the moderators and other contributing members of nairalans. Am not an ardent followers of nairalanf but I so much appreciate what u guys are doing here. May God increase your understanding! Please am proposing leaving nigeria to southafrica as a visitor, I will appreciate it if u can give me a clue on the likely account balance I should have before printing my statement of account.

Thanks to u all once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
I wish to establish business in SA ,please my brothers and sister here,what type of business can one do in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2013
uzhilove: I say a big thanks to the moderators and other contributing members of nairalans. Am not an ardent followers of nairalanf but I so much appreciate what u guys are doing here. May God increase your understanding! Please am proposing leaving nigeria to southafrica as a visitor, I will appreciate it if u can give me a clue on the likely account balance I should have before printing my statement of account.

Thanks to u all once again.
if you are proposing applying for a tourist visa, with 300k above you won't have problem regarding insufficient balance also depending on how long you intend to stay. If you are already in possession of a tourist visa then you don't need any statement of account because nobody will ask you that, just be sure to have $500 above (cash) to avoid problem with port officials.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 11:11am On Jun 23, 2013
collins pls do attend to my question to the best of your knowledge
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2013
RichYoungRuler: hi all, i appreciate the good work done here so far, pls i would like to find out if guys are using the purple olive hotel site for payment as the reservation shows a booking.com website which was included in the requirements page as a third party site. thanks, then when an employer is sponsoring one is d sponsored person still suppose to include his own acct details, isnt that of the employer enough? then if you own your company who is then to write the recommendation letter on ur behalf,is it d secretary or who? thanks.
As long as you will get a paid confirmation from Purple Olive Hotel then you don't seem to have problem but don't use an ordinary confirmation without payment. For the SOA, you still need to support your application with your own statement of account, even if your company is sponsoring you, it's a general believe that your company cannot take responsibility of everything and that is why you must support your application with your own statement of account to show that you have something to rely on, it doesn't matter how much you are having in your account as long as you are working and you don't fall under dependent age. For the letter of introduction, human resources manager (HR) can do that if are the owner of your company and if secretary is what you use instead of HR in your company then the office of the secretary too can handle that as long as all the documents correlate.

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2013
surecan: I wish to establish business in SA ,please my brothers and sister here,what type of business can one do in SA
Open and manage a saloon, employ stylists and if possible sell women wave-on popularly called attachment.
Buy accident cars, repair and resell
Import Nigerian food and sell
Buy land, build house and sell to banks
Note: Without having a permit, you may not be able to do any of these.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
thanks for your explanations,can i use student permit to do that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2013
surecan: thanks for your explanations,can i use student permit to do that?
Yes but not all and it won't be open as "business" in the real sense.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pls help a brother wit SA visa office at ikoyi.
Requirements for visitor's visa.
How and where to get yellow card. If got wen will it be used?

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
obaxlove: Pls help a brother wit SA visa office at ikoyi.

Thanks.

Go to MMA International. Enter at arrivals and ask for Port Health. Take the immunization there and pay. Just #300.

When will it be used? You will need the photocopy of the main page when submitting your application. You also need the original as proof you got the vaccination. Won't leave Naija nor enter SA without it (Airport).

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2013
@TYPOP, i got your mail, though i have replied you but try as much possible to ask whatever question here on this thread. Thanks

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by niceguy10: 9:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Emiss4: Getting a south africa visa is not difficult..the embassy offers 3 month visa,2- 3 weeks duration for processing,requirement 4 sa visa includes yellow cards,statement of account,valid international passport,2 passport photography,company's letter head(optional),invitation letter(optional),ticket itineary,and hotel reservation..4 more info and update u guys in addition getting a visa @ lagos embassy is difficult unlike abuja embassy..the duratin in lagos embassy takes time up to a month..
. Boy, why cant u guys look for other better countries, South Africa is not what is used to be b4, Nigerians Killing Each other every day, The south African Police cant let u rest. Boy is not easy here,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogahimself(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
Any word on medical insurance?? where to do in lagos that is accepted by the embassy??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2013

Thanks.

Pls someone should give d full address and visitor's visa requirement. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2013

Thanks.
3rd Floor, 16 Billings Way
Oregun Industrial Area
Ikeja, Lagos, check the post above for the visitors visa requirements and whr to get your yellow card.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2013

Greetings—I can't be happier if "collinsfbi", "Justwise" or someone can help with my concerns about lodging money into my account to meet the required balance for a South Africa tourist visa.

I've recently completed my NYSC service year & have been using my primary account less frequently (currently have about 10k "only" in it)—However, I have available 500,000+ that belongs to me, but have been in my sister's account.

My questions/concerns are

—How best to lodge the money back into my account without VO raising an eyebrow?

—Do you think I stand a chance to be granted a visa if I simply state my sister as my sponsor?

—Since I'm currently not working, what are the document that are required of me?

Please, kindly attend to my questions/concerns to the best of your knowledge.

In advance—THANKS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
collinsfbi: @TYPOP, i got your mail, though i have replied you but try as much possible to ask whatever question here on this thread. Thanks

Gbamm over n out

Thanks bro.

If you check well, I actually asked the question here for a few days before sending you a private mail. I needed an urgent answer. And you answered here sometime later. Thank God I'm past that stage now, and thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nnaaiirra:
Greetings—I can't be happier if "collinsfbi", "Justwise" or someone can help with my concerns about lodging money into my account to meet the required balance for a South Africa tourist visa.

I've recently completed my NYSC service year & have been using my primary account less frequently (currently have about 10k "only" in it)—However, I have available 500,000+ that belongs to me, but have been in my sister's account.

My questions/concerns are

—How best to lodge the money back into my account without VO raising an eyebrow?

—Do you think I stand a chance to be granted a visa if I simply state my sister as my sponsor?

—Since I'm currently not working, what are the document that are required of me?

Please, kindly attend to my questions/concerns to the best of your knowledge.

In advance—THANKS.

You don't need the money to be in your account. Let your sister get the statement of her account and give to you.

Also, note that you will also need her to write a letter indicating she will sponsor you for the trip. Finally, you will need a photocopy of her ID (either passport or office ID card will do). The embassy will honour it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2013
@TYPOP, thank you

I hope more questions wouldn't seem impolite... Please forgive my manners if it does.

Do I need to include my Statement of Account as well?

Furthermore, my "half" sister happens to bear a different surname (same mother, different fathers), wouldn't this complicate my application if I state her as a sponsor?

Asking for step to step guidelines to build a suitable application is absurd, but can you please give piece of advice on how to go about it?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nnaaiirra: @TYPOP, thank you

I hope more questions wouldn't seem impolite... Please forgive my manners if it does.

Do I need to include my Statement of Account as well?

Furthermore, my "half" sister happens to bear a different surname (same mother, different fathers), wouldn't this complicate my application if I state her as a sponsor?

Asking for step to step guidelines to build a suitable application is absurd, but can you please give piece of advice on how to go about it?

Nnaaiirra,

Your questions are not absurd. On the contrary, they speak of one who wants to cross all t's and dot all I's.

To the question, yes, it is good (not compulsory) to include your own statement of account. It is usually assumed your sponsor cannot cater for ALL your needs while there.

The difference in surname does not matter in any way. Remember, she could be married. Just be sure she gives you a letter indicating she will bear all your costs. She may include your relationship in the letter as well (I think she should).

Let us know if you have any other questions. Guys are always here to help.

Cheers.

P.S. Your use of colour is appalling, especially the lemon green colour. Keep it simple man, we'll read it. Had to strain my eyes to read the lemon green.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello house, I submitted my application for study permit @ Abuja embassy yesterday. I am hoping for a favourable response from them. Thank you all for all the information and help rendered that made me do it myself. I will keep the house updated>>>
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
kingmayor: Hello house, I submitted my application for study permit @ Abuja embassy yesterday. I am hoping for a favourable response from them. Thank you all for all the information and help rendered that made me do it myself. I will keep the house updated>>>

can you tell me the list of document need for student application,am also going for msc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
surecan:

can you tell me the list of document need for student application,am also going for msc

Admission letter
Form bi 1738
Letter of self introduction
medical certificate
radiological certificate
police certificate
student medical aid cover
6 months Bank statement or sponsor letter
yellow card certificate
international passport
SAQA (not required at abuja but i submitted)
flight itinery
letter of invitation for accomodation or hotel reservation for some days
1 passport photo with white background

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
thank you,can one do the medical in any government hospital ,did you submit directly to the embassy or vfs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
TYPOP, thank you once again, you've been very helpful.

—I've decided to apply for a short course (10 weeks) at a university in Cape Town—What sorta of visa (e. g. Tourist, Study permit, etc...) may I apply for?

—Can I as well lodge over N100,000+ into my account before submitting it along my sister's?—As I've stated in one of my previous posts, I current have N10k+ only in my account.

I'm sorry about the multicolored posts, especially the "Lawn green".
#keepingItSimple.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
surecan: thank you,can one do the medical in any government hospital ,did you submit directly to the embassy or vfs

Yes, u can do the medicals at any recognized government hospital. Long term visas, like study permits are applied for directly at the embassy. cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
kingmayor:

Yes, u can do the medicals at any recognized government hospital. Long term visas, like study permits are applied for directly at the embassy. cheesy

thanks for your reply,i have been looking for their website where i can download the application form,medical form and x ray form,pls direct me how to get it,i hope i can just go to the embassy and apply not by appointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (939) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.