Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,949 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:47 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1772566 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:39am On Dec 23, 2013
adewumigloria: Hello Nairalanders, pls does anyone have any information about accomodation at Kwazulu-Natal in Durban. School is on session already so university accomodation is almost impossible. I would appreciate any useful information pls.

aupcy@yahoo.com:
Thanks again, I already sent Oscar and Stanley mails but no response yet; probably they have gone on break for the festive holidays. Anyways, I contacted Gita Patel and she has given me some more links. I am more relaxed now cos I know I'll be able to make a decision as soon as possible. I hope it all goes well with the SAQA for you. Cheers!

School CANNOT be on session now dear. All schools are CLOSED at the moment. Your school will open on the 2nd of January. Confirm from here http://registrar.ukzn.ac.za/Sessional-Dates-2014/Nelson-R-Mandela-School-of-Medicine.aspx

However, selection for accommodation would have closed since around September or October.

Both of you should try sending a mail to the International Office asking them if they COULD pick you up at the airport and give you accommodation for a few days while you secure accommodation. Let's hope someone responds (cos of the school closure).

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 6:42am On Dec 23, 2013
TYPOP:

School CANNOT be on session now dear. All schools are CLOSED at the moment. Your school will open on the 2nd of January. Confirm from here http://registrar.ukzn.ac.za/Sessional-Dates-2014/Nelson-R-Mandela-School-of-Medicine.aspx

However, selection for accommodation would have closed since around September or October.

Both of you should try sending a mail to the International Office asking them if they COULD pick you up at the airport and give you accommodation for a few days while you secure accommodation. Let's hope someone responds (cos of the school closure).

Cheers and all the best.
That's a nice approach.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
pls Guys, does an applicant (Minor) for accompany visa need a medical aid? i want to apply for accompany visa for my 2 kids, i already have a medical aids, i dont know if the children too needs one or they are covered with mine? thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
herigift: pls Guys, does a applicant (Minor) for accompany visa need a medical aid? i want to apply for accompany visa for my 2 kids, i already have a medical aids, i dont know if the children too needs one or they are covered with mine? thanks

If it is visiting, none of you need. If it is long term, you all need.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
TYPOP:

If it is visiting, none of you need. If it is long term, you all need.
it is not visiting, i have a study permit and would like my kids to accompany me and was advised on this forum to apply for accompany visa forr them after getting my own study permit, pls want type of medical aids is applicable to them, i used ingwe,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2013
I have real enjoyed this forum because most posters are honest and have been in the republic for some time ,however I don't agree with some views that discourage people who have genuine intention of coming not to come .the issue of jobs depend on your course u study .from my research south africans don't like stress becos govt provide everything and sum lazy dey refuse to work creating unemployment for themselves.pls bfore u embarking on sa journey ,ask your self what will my qualification fetched me here? Right now there are huge vacancies for science and math teachers and engineering! For sum1 with bsc polscience or history u will need a miracle to get work ! A lot of nigerians are suffering here :1,no education 2,no skills 3,no work permit 4wrong location .pls bfore u come plan well .wish every1 xmas and happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Bros u don't need medical aid for those kids dey re not coming to study .medical aids are for students
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2013
which hotel did you book and did you have to pay for the reservation?and same with the airline...was it a book on hold reservation u did?thanks
Horladortune: I used this at ghana while applying for my 1 Year Visa
(1)Passport,
(2)yellow card
(3)application form
(4)ticket booking(I used SA Airline)
(5)hotel booking
(6)letter of invitation (Must include certified copies of the following;host Bio-date page,statement of account and utility bills if possible or remove it and use only paid hotel booking)
(7)Passport
(8. Affidavit of self introduction
(9)Appointment letter or Vacation letter
(10)Bank statement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yormite: 10:32am On Dec 24, 2013
What is d cost of travelling to south Africa as a university graduate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:48am On Dec 24, 2013
As university graduate? U want to visit or study ? Mak your clearer pls .if for visit read d post from the beginning u get it there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Typop, thanks for the info. Merry christmas to all Nairalanders.luv u plenty
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Helo guys! For those coming for study in sa pls come with nigerian food stuff because it is a bit expensive here ! But if u ve much rands don't come with any! Pap and spinach dey u go chop anyhow !
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yormite: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
What is d cost of Travelling to South Africa for greener pastures not for visit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2013
@yomi ,with 500k u don land for SA .but u said "green pasture"what do intend to do when u arrived? Hustle ?what is your special skillS and field of study ! Let no man deceive u a lot of naija dey suffer here !plan very well and hold money that will sustain u for few months bfore your dream job arrive .accommodation is expensive bt food is cheap.what do u intend doing determine if u will see any pasture talkless d greener one .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yormite: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2013
samtol4: @yomi ,with 500k u don land for SA .but u said "green pasture"what do intend to do when u arrived? Hustle ?what is your special skillS and field of study ! Let no man deceive u a lot of naija dey suffer here !plan very well and hold money that will sustain u for few months bfore your dream job arrive .accommodation is expensive bt food is cheap.what do u intend doing determine if u will see any pasture talkless d greener one .
am about to graduate wit a degree in physics edu
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:21am On Dec 26, 2013
herigift: it is not visiting, i have a study permit and would like my kids to accompany me and was advised on this forum to apply for accompany visa forr them after getting my own study permit, pls want type of medical aids is applicable to them, i used ingwe,

samtol4: Bros u don't need medical aid for those kids dey re not coming to study .medical aids are for students

@Herigift, I remember asking someone (married with children) who got here before me about your case and the person told me about the medical aid thing. However, @samtol4 says you do not need it. @samtol4 COULD be right. I will try to call the office in charge after the holidays and clarify once and for all. Why not also try calling the embassy to confirm. They should also be able to help. So sorry if I misled you.

Cheers and all the best.

Merry christmas y'all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Please can anyone that filled a SAQA form guide me on how to fill mine? Am finding it difficult to understand somethings in the form and i dobt want to make mistakes. Thanks.
TYPOP:

I am in the republic but I know someone coming soon. Send me an e-mail.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Also please can u guys suggest cheap tuition schs for my honours and MSC degrees? I studied electrical electronics engineering but wud love to continue in information technology. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
julianauche19: Please can anyone that filled a SAQA form guide me on how to fill mine? Am finding it difficult to understand somethings in the form and i dobt want to make mistakes. Thanks.

Which parts are difficult for you?

julianauche19: Also please can u guys suggest cheap tuition schs for my honours and MSC degrees? I studied electrical electronics engineering but wud love to continue in information technology. Thanks

You will have to check the schools websites and go through their tuition fees. The word cheap is relative. What I call expensive may be cheap for you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tuition fee is cheapest @ukzn than d rest schools,for my phd I paid just 20knaira for international levy ,masters student paid d same thing .google dia site and confirm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
samtol4: Tuition fee is cheapest @ukzn than d rest schools,for my phd I paid just 20knaira for international levy ,masters student paid d same thing .google dia site and confirm
thanks.let me Google
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
It's a nice sch but pls can I apply to the sch now with out saqa? Or shud I wait till after saqa evaluation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 12:12am On Dec 27, 2013
@Typop and anyone here with reliable information abt my inquiries on behalf of friends.
Q.1) is it possible to collect ready passport on behalf of another? A friends processed application passport is ready 4 collection frm lagos vfs. She howeva asked me if it is possiblë for any1 to collect d passport on her behalf? I've got no idea on dat buh i promised i'l find out for her.pls inform!
Q.2) anoda friend who paid repatriation fee b4 he was granted visa jus returnd frm s.a. He applied thru abuja vfs and he wishes to knw the process of repatriation refund and duration. His visa expires jan 11th 2014 though..is he gonna submit paspot again b4 it cud b paid and wat r d proces? Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kidirin: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2013
please has anyone applied for a spousal temporary residence permit at the SA embassy in Lagos. What are the documents required and how long doe it take?. My husband is currently in SA and has a 3- year work permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2013
herigift: it is not visiting, i have a study permit and would like my kids to accompany me and was advised on this forum to apply for accompany visa forr them after getting my own study permit, pls want type of medical aids is applicable to them, i used ingwe,
When you asked a question and it was being answered, endeavour to always go back and read before asking further questions. I still remember i personally answered that question on this thread poster by queenesther4 and you guys have a similar case, go back to page 68 for further clarification. Nobody advised you to get medical insurance/aid or whatever. All you need is a medical report of an accompanying applicant detailing his or her health status and you can get this from any Government hospital.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2013
opsy4real1: @Typop and anyone here with reliable information abt my inquiries on behalf of friends.
Q.1) is it possible to collect ready passport on behalf of another? A friends processed application passport is ready 4 collection frm lagos vfs. She howeva asked me if it is possiblë for any1 to collect d passport on her behalf? I've got no idea on dat buh i promised i'l find out for her.pls inform!
Is not possible except an insider is inolved
Q.2) anoda friend who paid repatriation fee b4 he was granted visa jus returnd frm s.a. He applied thru abuja vfs and he wishes to knw the process of repatriation refund and duration. His visa expires jan 11th 2014 though..is he gonna submit paspot again b4 it cud b paid and wat r d proces? Thx
Your friend cannot start any repatriation refund process except his visa expired. Original repatriation receipt is the only important doc in the process though he may be asked to attach copy of visa and data page but without original repatriation receipt, no repatriation refund and it does not have any specific duration and application for refund is processed directly at the embassy and not application centre

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
@juliana which course u wana study ? U need to apply with saqa evaluation since u re filling the form now try and summit on time so dat bfore ending of january u ve yr saqa then u apply within 3weeks u can have admission letter depending on your course of study .keep the house posted .u can even apply to two schools since application form is very cheap .ukzn 420rand ,witwatersrand 200rand pretoria abt 300rand .gud luc
k baby gal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moluwaseun: 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello house, On my friend's SA Visa, under conditions... It was written thus:

Each visit not to exceed 30 Days
NO EXTENSION OF STAY, CHANGE OF STATUS OR CONDITION

Does this mean he can't extend his stay or apply for a work permit or student permit in the republic, He is presently in the republic and wants to know if he can get his work permit or probably come back to nigeria
to apply for another visa, if this is possible Would also want to know if it is possible for him to exit to swaziland or Mozambique so has to have another 30 days of stay in SA to enable him have enough time to process the permit, I would appreciate your response on this, Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
samtol4: @juliana which course u wana study ? U need to apply with saqa evaluation since u re filling the form now try and summit on time so dat bfore ending of january u ve yr saqa then u apply within 3weeks u can have admission letter depending on your course of study .keep the house posted .u can even apply to two schools since application form is very cheap .ukzn 420rand ,witwatersrand 200rand pretoria abt 300rand .gud luc
k baby gal
thanks .pls am I supposed to fill the number 4 of this saqa form?picture inclusive

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by talk2tosep(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
please will be glad if anyone living in southafrica could share more light on my case..i have been living in southafrica for almost 2yrs and few months now got my 2yrs business permit this july but have been on asylum before the permit since 2011..earlier today i submitted an application for tourist visa to France..will french embassy really be concerned about my status before i gott my permit this year since my first visitors permit in 2011?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
@julian u don't need to fill where it ask for third party .fill your own contact address and how do u want to get it ? Do u ve sum1 in d republic or u prefer it posted to nigeria ? D form is simple to fill b free if u ve more questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (922) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.