Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,221 members, 7,981,350 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 03:16 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1852179 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (941) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by davidoobge: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
hunee:
You are traveling because of girls and women?

Oga i know dey travel because of women oh but i be man, i no be pastor or i no dey claim say i be Saint, i dey work hard provide for my family but i dey love enjoy too on the side. You dey there and only work and dont enjoy. every niger man get side girl, be how we dey fit handle stress, naah this no be secret.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2023
ok.
davidoobge:

Oga i know dey travel because of women oh but i be man, i no be pastor or i no dey claim say i be Saint, i dey work hard provide for my family but i dey love enjoy too on the side. You dey there and only work and dont enjoy. every niger man get side girl, be how we dey fit handle stress, naah this no be secret.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2023
Countries are still battling backlogs due to COVID-19. Canada is a typical example. There are many people who applied for Canadian visas in 2020 and 2021, got decisions in 2023.

Many US embassies around the world do not have closer appointment dates because because they yet to clear out numerous visa requests.

We should stop feeling victimized because things are not going the way we expect.

tannystacey:

Lol Covid-19 after how many years? Even countries with busier immigration programs have cleared backlogs and moved on to better things..

It's a case of a few bad eggs runining things for the good ones. Lets be factual. Do we really wanna say we dont know why SA makes things extremely difficult for Nigerians applying to their country?

I've lived in SA for over 7 years. I've gotten many kinds of visa you can imagine in that time.

Visitors visa in 2016, later study visa (2016-2018), then critical skills visa (2019), then my PR in 2019.

The one thing I can tell you is that it has never been this bad. I have friends with PR and proper jobs that have been trying to bring their wives and kids here for years but keep getting denied for different reasons. Even for visit.. Rejection. Because why will a country deny your own family from being with you? Baffles me. Thats the difference with more advanced countries. They understand the significance of family support even if you are studying.

Many post docs i know left because even after phd, nothing for them.. The current immigration minister Aaron Motsoaledi has a very strong disdain for foreigners. He revoked many things the moment he got in.

Again, let me stop here because i dont wanna digress. Its a visa thread.

I'm currently trying to apply for evisa for a couple of friends & family. Its been so stressful. Lol.

But yea, anyone applying now has to have all the needed requirements. Some factors that can influence approval are you have a rich travel history, maybe even a us, uk or CA visa, you have been to SA once and you returned in record time, you are applying from a western country like US, The EU, UK, etc. Countries that obviously have more economic value than SA.. And then your bank account is good or in a stronger currency.

If you have those, take kofeeds advice and go to your nearest vfs to apply. Theres a 95% chance you'll get it.

But this evisa system? Seems to me like its already a very corrupt and unfair one.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
Africankel:
Countries are still battling backlogs due to COVID-19. Canada is a typical example. There are many people who applied for Canadian visas in 2020 and 2021, got decisions in 2023.

Many US embassies around the world do not have closer appointment dates because because they yet to clear out numerous visa requests.

We should stop feeling victimized because things are not going the way we expect.

Again, i dont like to argue without facts.

South Africa does not have a demand for immigration like Canada or the US or the UK. Canada has multiple immigration schemes running and yet, they have managed to clear a huge bulk. (literally took 90 days from ITA to ppr for me this same year). I got my Us visa appt here in Sa within 2 weeks from application date. I got my visa approved same day. All less than a month. So again which imaginary backlog?

The bulk of SA tourists who really come for tourism do not need visas. Uk, USA, Canada and most schengen citizens can come to SA without a visa. Same goes for key Asian countries.

The pple who need visas are mostly Africans, Nigerians, Indians, Pakistans and a few 3rd world countries. The info is online for anyone.

SA however does not want this people. So they decide to make the process exhausting. Even a lot of post grad who used to come to SA have redirected to other countries.

its not about being victimized. We as a people also have issues with authenticity and sincerity in many of the documentation we present. Not just Us Nigerians, Pakistans, even Indians. Many pple come here for visit and do not go back. That is why they over stretch the visa evaluation process.

But again, its Always a case of a few bad eggs ruining things for a lot of others.

There's no covid 19 backlog anywhere. Its just more scrutiny, and unfair evaluations. And corruption, because again, some pple still pay their way out heavily to get this visa at all costs.

7 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Wizzzzmike: 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
davidoobge:

Oga plenty things dey that country inside oh wey my own country nigeria no get. You put all this nonsense xenophobia aside small, that one sef be certain places dem dey, no be everywhere wey as i go there i see say it dey depend on how we nigerians dey carry ourselves make the south africans give us trouble. My people be stubborn too much, these small boys oga, every building i dey stay inside for airbnb everytime trouble come the building inside like smoking weed wey we for no smoke, guess who be the person, Niger man!. Every problem we dey happen for johannesburg niger man be king pin and we dey blame south africans for giving us hard time. I vex but i dey understand them pass. the amount of hard drugs nigerian dealers dey distribute for south africa no be small business oga! We nigerians for change big time.

Every time i dey South Africa Wizzmike i make happy pass, women be fine pass. i fit dey just walk den the fresh air alone for my body dey make i dey feel good. Naah this go Lagos and go and tell me you go find environment like this. Oga i suffer for nigeria oh no be small suffering oh, so you people wey u dey this site top dey act like nigeria be some nice place u take the whole country and enjoy, me i go seek better place den establish my body. make we no forget the hardship for nigeria oh! Make we no forget kidnapping, rape and killing for nigeria be nothing oh, we dey act like nigeria be america of africa. The opportunities at south africa alone dey make i dey envy dem all the time be say we nigerians always dey spoil every place we dey go which dey pain me pass because some of us like myself we be hardworkers you sabi catch?

Yoo I understand you and I'm Ghanaian. But the envy is too much

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drakkke: 1:52am On Oct 16, 2023
Hello guys please I need help to complete my application. I'm applying via home affairs website for a visit evisa to attend an academic workshop. I just noticed that the required documents they ask me to upload are not related to what I am going for. I don't even have these documents. They asked me to upload the following documents :

1. Chartered Accountant Certificate (I'm not even an account )

2. Department of Trade and Industry Letter of Recommendation (I don't know what did means)

3. Medical Report

4. Radiological Report

5. Undertaking that 60% of staff employed will be/are South African citizens or permanent residents

6. Undertaking to register required South African Bodies

7. Valid Passport

E Yellow Fever Vaccination

Please guys what should I do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2023
Seems you applied for a business visa instead of tourist visa.
Can you remember what you clicked on during your application?

drakkke:
Hello guys please I need help to complete my application. I'm applying via home affairs website for a visit evisa to attend an academic workshop. I just noticed that the required documents they ask me to upload are not related to what I am going for. I don't even have these documents. They asked me to upload the following documents :

1. Chartered Accountant Certificate (I'm not even an account )

2. Department of Trade and Industry Letter of Recommendation (I don't know what did means)

3. Medical Report

4. Radiological Report

5. Undertaking that 60% of staff employed will be/are South African citizens or permanent residents

6. Undertaking to register required South African Bodies

7. Valid Passport

E Yellow Fever Vaccination

Please guys what should I do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by koffeed: 9:14am On Oct 16, 2023
Abigbo:

This is to answer Drakke's message: sorry I mistakenly posted on your response rather than his

At this point there's little you can do except to wait until the application automatically gets rejected and then apply again this time choosing tourist visa. You do have the option go going to vfs and physically applying for a South African visa if you feel you can't wait until the evisa automatically cancels out or gets rejected.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by koffeed: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2023
tannystacey:

Again, i dont like to argue without facts.

South Africa does not have a demand for immigration like Canada or the US or the UK. Canada has multiple immigration schemes running and yet, they have managed to clear a huge bulk. (literally took 90 days from ITA to ppr for me this same year). I got my Us visa appt here in Sa within 2 weeks from application date. I got my visa approved same day. All less than a month. So again which imaginary backlog?

The bulk of SA tourists who really come for tourism do not need visas. Uk, USA, Canada and most schengen citizens can come to SA without a visa. Same goes for key Asian countries.

The pple who need visas are mostly Africans, Nigerians, Indians, Pakistans and a few 3rd world countries. The info is online for anyone.

SA however does not want this people. So they decide to make the process exhausting. Even a lot of post grad who used to come to SA have redirected to other countries.

its not about being victimized. We as a people also have issues with authenticity and sincerity in many of the documentation we present. Not just Us Nigerians, Pakistans, even Indians. Many pple come here for visit and do not go back. That is why they over stretch the visa evaluation process.

But again, its Always a case of a few bad eggs ruining things for a lot of others.

There's no covid 19 backlog anywhere. Its just more scrutiny, and unfair evaluations. And corruption, because again, some pple still pay their way out heavily to get this visa at all costs.

Not to put excessive fire to the pot but I do agree with you on this issue. Sadly it's the hidden truth we've been subjected to. It's a debatable topic but you hold enough valid points for me to side with you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by koffeed: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2023
davidoobge:

the wey i vex as i see this. So why not nigeria too? what is so good about ghana nigeria no fit achieve? no pun intended on my ghana people cuz me too i dey go ghana plenty. the place dey be and their people be cool pass but why only dem they get this favor? like if it wasn't for this i didn't even know ghanaians dey go south africa like that you catch.

You shouldn't be upset about this decision. Truth be told, there's a lot that went on with this negotiation. It wasn't just a matter of weeks but rather years in the making. In fact South Africa had already proposed a visa waiver between Ghana and South Africa in 2019. The only reason it took this long was because Ghana counter offered the deal with needing " 180 days free visit for Ghanaians as well". This is why it took such a long time to finally agree on this deal. Also the bilateral relationship between Ghana and South Africa stands firm and has been for decades now.

Ghanaians do visit South Africa in large numbers to answer your question. Most Ghanaians in South Africa based on data have always been known to follow the rules and regulations. Not to say there aren't a few bad apples but Ghanaians are very respected in South Africa and most of the world. The crime rate of Ghanaians in foreign countries are low to none and most aren't violent offenders.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2023
Who get sure logistics courier from SA to Lagos please . tested and trusted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drakkke: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2023
koffeed:

This is to answer Drakke's message: sorry I mistakenly posted on your response rather than his

At this point there's little you can do except to wait until the application automatically gets rejected and then apply again this time choosing tourist visa. You do have the option go going to vfs and physically applying for a South African visa if you feel you can't wait until the evisa automatically cancels out or gets rejected.

Thank you so much. I do not have much time left as my travel date is in two weeks time. I can't wait for the previous application to cancel. May be I will just use my other email and create another account to reapply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drakkke: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
Abigbo:

Yes. I thought business visa is for conferences/workshops. Because I couldn't find option for conferences under tourist visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phassy(f): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
drakkke:

Yes. I thought business visa is for conferences/workshops. Because I couldn't find option for conferences under tourist visa.

No that's not the issue.. probably you clicked on long stay..even business Will not ask you all this questions..what's your travel date
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drakkke: 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
phassy:

No that's not the issue.. probably you clicked on long stay..even business Will not ask you all this questions..what's your travel date

My travel date is on the 1st of November. I checked my application again, I selected temporary stay. I can't seem to understand what the problem is.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
OGsponstaneous:
@justwise
someone was scammed here recently for purchasing rands from someone here. Be careful, i warn you. There are alot of fraudsters here disguising to be commentators and rand sellers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 3:24am On Oct 17, 2023
Business visa is long stay, that's why

drakkke:

My travel date is on the 1st of November. I checked my application again, I selected temporary stay. I can't seem to understand what the problem is.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phassy(f): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
drakkke:

You selected this right?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FINAH1000: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good day everyone,
I just received a message from VFS that I should submit my passport within 2 working day. I submitted my application on the 28/07/2023.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Congratulations!!! Thanks for the update....
FINAH1000:
Good day everyone,
I just received a message from VFS that I should submit my passport within 2 working day. I submitted my application on the 28/07/2023.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FINAH1000: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
Rachyekong:
Congratulations!!! Thanks for the update....

Thanks!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emmamay10: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
FINAH1000:
Good day everyone,

Please, what category of visa did you apply for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (941) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.