Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,486 members, 7,892,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:28 AM

Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal (14345 Views)

Roberto Di Matteo For Valencia Job? / Roberto Di Matteo Sacked / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Kslib(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2012
bayulll01:
delusional idiotic looser fan,why not pray for ur dejected team to have the succes chelsea has this season
You are just a naughty fellow, spewing rubbish all in the name of supporting the blues.If you cannot pass a message in a more matured way,just find a waste-bin and dump your brain or try to understand a comment before replying.
And what if i told you i supported the blues during the final?
Now go and look in the mirror and tell me who you see.... AN I.D.I.O.T!!!
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 23, 2012
he didn't give him the job cos he knows he can't continue winning with luck.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by AnyibestDede(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2012
I think RDM is the best manager ever... He took over a team which was very low in confindence and were heading no where. Every body is crying chelsea won with luck and RDM is not world class. What is the bases of a world class coarch @ least he won with luck wht about pep gadiola who won his first and secon CL with ojoro?? When pep took over barca and won all those cups back then in 2009 ppl said he was lucky. Anyway RA is the major chelsea problem, the earlier he realise dat the better 4 all of us. Up chelsea
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Adjunct: 8:05pm On May 23, 2012
@Pro01: just because Ibime gave you an objective analysis and your silly ass exposed, you are abusing him abi.
You are a complete FOOOOLLLL!!!
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by bayulll01(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2012
Kslib:
You are just a naughty fellow, spewing rubbish all in the name of supporting the blues.If you cannot pass a message in a more matured way,just find a waste-bin and dump your brain or try to understand a comment before replying.
And what if i told you i supported the blues during the final?
Now go and look in the mirror and tell me who you see.... AN I.D.I.O.T!!!
i knew you are one of those haters,senseles human,no need to reply you,bcoz you are just pathetic and deluded.go hug transformer luck my ass,olofo
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Redman44(m): 8:14pm On May 23, 2012
Roberto Di Matteo has managed other smaller clubs in England, so I feel it won't be bad for him to manage Chelsea in the Premiership next season. I know Di Matteo will do well if he is employed as Chelsea FC Coach on a full time basis. It does not matter if Didier Drogba is leaving for China. New players will arrive at Stamford Bridge and blend in with the squad that is on ground. Matteo already knows and understands the Chelsea FC system. Next Season is going to be very busy at Stamford Bridge because the club has won many new fans who will be coming to watch games at the Stadium. I want RDM to be Chelsea FC's Coach next Season. Cheers.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by emmke(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2012
pfff! RDM was a pure fluke. Successes against bayern and barcelona were all down to ill lucks for those teams (completely out played by both teams over two legs and rare penalty misses by messi, robben and schwensteiger) not as a result of any tactical prowess on RDM's side. He will must likely be sacked within 6 months; watch this space. cool

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by sureboy1: 8:32pm On May 23, 2012
texazzpete:

You saved me the trouble of replying him!
Coach beat barca at camp nou with 10 men and someone says it's 'luck'. The same coach clawed back a 3-1 deficit to beat Napoli, then went on to win the UCL at the home of their challengers....Na wa o!

i like your post. Great observation here...i think the coach is simply good. He lost just 3 matches in his short stint as interim manager in chelsea.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by bayulll01(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2012
emmke: pfff! RDM was a pure fluke. Successes against bayern and barcelona were all down to ill lucks for those teams (completely out played by both teams over two legs and rare penalty misses by messi, robben and schwensteiger) not as a result of any tactical prowess on RDM's side. He will must likely be sacked within 6 months; watch this space. cool
continue to spew poo,am sure you av not gotten over chelsea succes,when manure decide to attack barca last year final what happen,each club has pattern the better you play them according to your tactics the better for you,luck or no luck we are champ,and if you dont like it do us a favour go hug transformer
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by donchrisk(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2012
this pro01 must be an infant. Pls we need matured mind here nt babies
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Sike(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2012
Oh 9ice!
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 23, 2012
donchrisk: this pro01 must be an infant. Pls we need matured mind here nt babies

Your grandmother is an infant, even in her maggot infested grave she remains an infant. I just don't get it. In as much as I come here to have anonymous fun, I reserve the right to react in ANY way that pleases me when any buffoon here decides to throw gratuitous insults my way. Dim-witted beasts like you make it even worse by absolving the person that STARTED the cycle of insults and directing your stupidity at the person that responds to an insul!. Something must be seriously wrong with the world.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by merengue: 8:57pm On May 23, 2012
@Pro01e: Dont mind the daft punks. See daft people wanting to tell a billionaire how to play with his toy (which is exactly what Chelsea is). The man became a football fan when he watched Man United versus Real Madrid in 2003 and was enthralled by the football he saw. He wants his team to win by playing that same type of attractive, expansive football(something RDM has not done). If RDM doesn't accept it, Capello will. They are all warming the seat for The Chosen One (Pep Guardiola. Spew all the garbage you want, your opinions are as irrelevant as the condoms your fathers used in trying to prevent your conception.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 23, 2012
wht is luck? Luck is good fortune.. Kpam! RDM brot good fortune to chelsea.. Gbam! Whether or not he stayz thereafter, he has played hs part. He earnd hs weekly dough as interim coach.. He deliverd wht full time coaches couldnt deliver anyway... And RA i heard compensated him wt more dough. So becos he won d UCL, he shuld get a life contract @ chelsea... Let him kip-on 4 one year, if it brings more good fortunes, RA wil add maybe 2 more years.. If not, he wil axed out. sadwht is luck? Luck is good fortune.. Kpam! RDM brot good fortune to chelsea.. Gbam! Whether or not he stayz thereafter, he has played hs part. He earnd hs weekly dough as interim coach.. He deliverd wht full time coaches couldnt deliver anyway... And RA i heard compensated him wt more dough. So becos he won d UCL, he shuld get a life contract @ chelsea... Let him kip-on 4 one year, if it brings more of good fortunes, RA wil add maybe 2 more years.. If not, RDM wil be axed out. Anywhichway, i wil remain a CHELSEA fan..
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by alofine65: 9:03pm On May 23, 2012
i think there should be some level of decorum here,calling somebody a fool for sharing his opinion is uncall for and pro01 u shouldn't ave replied him with such,pls guys be guided.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 23, 2012
pro01:

Your grandmother is an infant, even in her maggot infested grave she remains an infant. I just don't get it. In as much as I come here to have anonymous fun, I reserve the right to react in ANY way that pleases me when any buffoon here decides to throw gratuitous insults my way. Dim-witted beasts like you make it even worse by absolving the person that STARTED the cycle of insults and directing your stupidity at the person that responds to an insul!. Something must be seriously wrong with the world.
am so in love wt d way ur givin it to dem... Som1 insults u no mater haw slight and doesnt want to be insulted bt gets 1 in reply.. And some persons would blame d 1 who responds whyl hailing d 1 who started d chain reaction... Hhhm
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by emmke(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2012
on a flip side, this is good news for the man u's, citys, arsenals, spurs. Dude isn't top class but before roman realises that, the mentioned teams will be way ahead and actually out of sight for chelsea. This time around there wont be any fluky champions league win, which means a 6th place finish for chelsea will see them playing thursday nights football come 2013/2014. This is just great. grin
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by bayulll01(m): 9:25pm On May 23, 2012
emmke: on a flip side, this is good news for the man u's, citys, arsenals, spurs. Dude isn't top class but before roman realises that, the mentioned teams will be way ahead and actually out of sight for chelsea. This time around there wont be any fluky champions league win, which means a 6th place finish for chelsea will see them playing thursday nights football come 2013/2014. This is just great. grin
dejected pathetic heegoat
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by nduluec: 9:33pm On May 23, 2012
chuks49: World class coach my foot
this dude have prove a point so he deserve some respect man
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by ndidibabe(f): 9:34pm On May 23, 2012
pro01: I wonder why most of you are so naive and sentimental about this issue. As a passionate Chelsea fan, I can say that Roman Abramovich made the right decision yet again. If you look at how Di Matteo won the FA cup and the Champions League, it is impossible not to notice that he was extremely lucky on too many occasions. The tactics were particularly woeful and a bad advertisement for the beautiful game of football. How long can you ride your luck? Besides, don't forget that he finished an embarrasing 6th in the league - and before you blame AVB for that, you must also remember that as at the time of AVB's sack, Chelsea were in 5th position. So you can't say Di Matteo improved Chelsea's leasgue form; if anything, he worsened it.

Having said that, and in light of the sheer fact that he managed to win the coveted UCL, the only fair thing to do is to give him at most a year 'probation' contract to see if he is indeed a good manager that can challenge for the league and all the other competitions. Don't forget also that the primary task Abramovich wants the next manager to achieve is to rebuild the team with new players and make the team's style of play more positive and entertaining. Regardless of Di Matteo's unprecedented luck, it is clear that he does not seem to have what it takes to achieve this difficult long-term task - not with the embarrasingly negative and ugly tactics Chelsea used to overcome Barcelona, Liverpool, and Bayern by sheer luck. The best thing is therefore to give him a short contract to see if he can prove himself. That is what our Big Boss Abramovich has done. What in the world is wrong with that?

He certainly didn't become so rich and successful by being foolishly sentimental. He has to take decisions based on empirics and critical evaluation of things.
You analysis is the best on this thread. Quite explicit. You earn my respect.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 23, 2012
Ibime:

Except to say that Abramovic could not find his ar.se with his hand when it comes to football matters nor could he "critically evaluate" anything to do with football (which he only started watching in 2003) as he has proved time and again.

Just because RA is owner and billionaire does not prevent me from saying he knows nothing about footbal. . . and you my friend are talking absolute rubbish.

RA "critically evaluated" the signing of Torres and Shevchenko without asking the manager whether they fit in with the style of play, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Mourinho, "critically evaluated" the sacking of Ancelotti, then "critically evaluated" that AVB was better to replace him than Guus Hiddink.

My friend, quit talking jargon. My neice knows more about football than Abramovic.

Luck is RDM winning one competition, not TWO.

You might say he used tactics combined with some good fortune to win the UCL, but what do you expect him to win with. . . better players that Chelsea dont have?

A man used Salomon Kalou, Ryan Bertrand and Bosingwa to win Champions League and all nincompoops like yourself know to do is shout "luck, luck, luck".

Perhaps a footballing neophyte like yourself expected him to use these players and outplay Barca and such.

He finished 6th in the league yes, but you forgot he played 20 games in 60 days and used his reserve team for those league matches, besides those matches were not like Bolton or Stoke, more like Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle sandwiched in between Barcelona and Napoli and other heavyweight matches and no way he could use the first team for those matches and still stay in Europe.

You think RDM is going to accept "probation" contract when at least 5 clubs would offer him good contract this summer?

Roman Abramovic is a fool when it comes to football matters. . . .and so are you!

Tell them. Some just copy what they read online.
No self respecting Chelsea fan will utter such crap as spewed by pro01.

Luck my foot. How much luck can one man have?
You defy all odds by winning the FA cup and CL and someone calls that luck.

RDM has displayed sheer tactical ingenuity.
Outsmarting the best team in the world is anything but luck.

Let's foolishly agree that RDM is just lucky.
I would rather have a lucky manager who wins me trophies in 3months than an experienced manager who has been struggling to win even the milk cup in 7yrs.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by aga1: 9:45pm On May 23, 2012
[quote author=pro01]

A lot has been said about Abramovich,Roberto Di Matteo, its true RDM won the holy grey and deserves a chance to continue in a permanent role,,,but its chelsea owner, players, administrators and fans alike dat we rank among the best teams in the world and Abramovich is not convince RDM could deliver dat.How long do we fans and everyone alike have to sit expecting a departed Didi to score some late miracle goal to savage a match? how long are we going to sit back receiving constant bombardment of pressure with 25% for 75% against ball possession against teams even below us just because of our negative stye of play.We need a new game plan and a new team and if RDM could do it, my HEART goes with him. But if he cant, all we need a man be him world class or not to delivery a beauty of our players.....up bluesssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 23, 2012
pro01:

Your father and mother and all the never do well children they produced, including you, are nincompoops. Since you have no better way of analysing a situation objectively and making your own points as I made mine other than spewing insults like a rabid dog, it is extremely clear to all that you're brain-damaged. I honestly don't know how characters like you are conceived. Your mum must have ingested a lot of foul chemicals when you were in her womb. What a waste.

You are so unrefined.
Are you a Chelsea fan or a Chelsea tout?

Someone disagrees with you and you have to show how crude you are.
All these gutter bred folks are the ones giving Chelsea fans a bad reputation.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by JAMILO2020: 9:52pm On May 23, 2012
AS A CHELSEA FAN, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT JUJU IBRAMOVICH IS UNDER? IS THIS BILLIONAIRE THAT STUPID ??
FIRSTLY, HE ALLOWED HIS EGO TO FORCE MURINHO (THE SPECIAL ONE) OUT OF CHELSEA.
SECONDLY, HE SPECIALIZED IN HIRING 4TH RATED MANAGERS WHO COULD NOT EVEN FILL ONE OF MOURINHO’ SHOES.
THEN, WHEN ALL HOPE SEEM LOST AND CHELSEA WAS FACING TOTAL FOOTBALL HUMILIATION, ROBERT DI MATEO TOOK CHARGE AND RESCUED CHELSEA FROM DISGRACE.
I WONDER WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL NOT BE HAPPY TO HAVE THIS MAN WITH THE ‘MAGIC TOUCH’ MANAGE THEIR FOOTBALL CLUB?
HE HAS PRODUCED THE MOST SPECTACULAR OF RESULTS.
IS IT NOT SHAMEFUL AND A HIGH DISPLAY OF INGRATITUDE FOR THE CHELSEA MANAGEMENT TO EVEN BE STILL CONSIDERING WHETHER TO OFFER ROBERTO THE JOB OR NOT.
MY ADVICE TO ROBERTO DI MATEO, IS FOR HIM TO WALK OUT ON CHELSEA.
A LOT OF BIG CLUBS WILL FIGHT THEMSELVES TO GET HIM
CHELSEA WILL LIVE LONGER THAN THE CONFUSED MANAGEMENT BOARD

1 Like

Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by lafuria1(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2012
Di metteo did win both d FA and Cleague but trying to pretend u won those matches well won't take u far. Where is grecce today.RDM need a winning formula dat will make dem win matches convincily. Wish RDM d best next season.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Biodup: 10:01pm On May 23, 2012
I hate 2 contribute in dis forum called NL. cos there no respect for elders.
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by keside(m): 10:38pm On May 23, 2012
imagine
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by yoji: 10:43pm On May 23, 2012
@ pro 1: ur analysis is d best I've seen on this thread. Forget dat pre-maturely born deranged tout called ibime who thinks who expects to go into a mudfight and leave wit his white singlet unstained.
Firstly nobody should argue wit abramovic cos his policy of hire and fire whether u like it or not has won d club 10 trophies in 8yrs and some fools will b talkin crap dat he doesn't know anything football. My friend dat guy knows a lot and dats y chelsea have enjoyed their most succesful period under him so nobody should argue with him.
Secondly a one year contract to prove himself is totally in order afterall some pple dat got longer contracts didn't last the lenght of d contract. Di matteo was a very lucky coach and has been given a chance to prove himself which if he does then its extended shikena. Was it not d same coach dat was about to relegate west brom b4 he was sacked? All of a sudden he is d chosen one and must coach chelsea for life cos he was lucky.
Wen d AVB project failed due to lack of personel to execute his entertainin model demanded by d owner and sabotage on d part of d senior players, di matteo was only drafted in to maintain stability and dats wat he did.
Abramovic wants a team dat will give him d entertainment value and respect accorded d barcelonas and madrid not d defend @ all cost model of di matteo.
Wait till next season wen wind blow and foul nyansh open!
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by emmke(m): 10:45pm On May 23, 2012
bayulll01:
dejected pathetic heegoat
guy face front abeg. U know that all i've said is the truth. Ur chelsea is just middle table team that's just lucky to have a sugar daddy. Once roman is tired, bored and gone, u guys will be back to ur mid table status. Competing with the likes of fulham, everton and the rest. Enjoy for now. cool
Re: Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal by Adexchelsea19(m): 10:57pm On May 23, 2012
amosy007: I think abramovic is trying to play safe .....remember chelsea aint playing fantastic football at the moment ....and abromivic is a "crazy entertaining football fan" (one of d reasons he sacked mourinho) I think its a welcome development ...if RMD prove himself beyond reasonable doubt next season ...I think he will get a long stay
Dats just it my guy,we may have won the CL but i was nt hapy wit the kind of football we played,i wil also lik 2 point out that it is'nt di mateo fault dat his team didnt play d type of game abramovich want dats beautiful futball.He has 2 use wat is on grnd 2get wat he want,i tink Abramovich shuld bak him wit d playas he want and see wat we hapen nxt season.we may ve won d CL stil i dnt lik d way oda teams play us,i tink dats what d owner is lukin at also!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Premier League Table: Man City End Liverpool’s Unbeaten Run, Close Gap To 4 Poin / Slavia Prague Vs Chelsea: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 -1) On 11th April 2019 / Manchester United Vs West Bromwich Albion (2 - 0) On 7th November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.