Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,578 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:50 AM

Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada (19236 Views)

Teenager Kills Boyfriend For Attempted Rape / Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape / OPC Leader Arrested For Attempted Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Ysol(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2012
ismhab: YORUBA CAN STEAL VERY WELL, OBASANJO IS THE YORUBA GANG LEADER.

IGBOS CAN ROB, ORJI IS THEIR LEADER.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by DAY12(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2012
Linkable- grin grin grin

Police with their yeye bragging, anyway is a good news to GTB, make police enter ASO ROCK too, we get them plenty for there.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by KINGwax(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2012
i dnt knw foolishnesz is like curses that follow people around. From dt thread to here, your stupiditi actually speaks for u. Ismahab, is dt a name of an animal? U need a rehab centre! Unfortunately, no center cures foolishnesz.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by yummyluvall(m): 4:33pm On May 24, 2012
akereconfi:

Is it only yorubas tribe dat can still....you must b fool.if u don't know what to say kip quit and remain silence for the rest of ur life!!fucking nuisance.
Yorubas or Yoruba....?

Lwkmd
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by akereconfi: 4:39pm On May 24, 2012
[quote author=yummyluvall][/quote]
Steal or Still

hope u now understand what I mean when sayin Yorubas or Yoruba
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Bontee: 4:41pm On May 24, 2012
What could have really pushed them to do such a thing, people should start shying away from the culture of making it big and live a contented life.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by PeterKbaba: 4:43pm On May 24, 2012
question: Nigerian Police should use their so called intelligence report to get information on Boko Haram bombing and killings. That is priority.

why can't you commend them first on this one.. aba
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by PeterKbaba: 4:44pm On May 24, 2012
[quote author=yummyluvall][/quote]

They don't look yoruba to me... Yorubas in the house pls confirm
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by automania: 4:47pm On May 24, 2012
I frequent that bank, was there yesterday. Wow!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by grafikii: 4:52pm On May 24, 2012
The police did a gřeat job, they deserve some praise and no shot was fired.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2012
Can we get more details about these idiiots particularly their levels because I still find it difficult to believe that someone who has a relatively good job can descend so low. Wherein some people couldn't afford a decent job and had to sell recharge card to earn a living someone who earns at least N63,000 (i.e. if the culprits are contract staff which I am sure at least the marketing guy is not) could be so cruel to do this to a fellow human. How would they even spend the proceed in peace
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 24, 2012
ceaser: . I think (s)he meant to say likable, not lick-able. But whichever, it's still "Eewww". Smh.
_
Nope, I meant lickable. As in with tongue.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Exponental(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2012
Wat was meant 2 be cool cash turned something else. So security sef no know say cctv dey gtb.....
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by pdpiperpippen: 5:05pm On May 24, 2012
All yorubas together with their Edo counterparts are thieves and rogues, the variant of justice to be served here is that of the jungle. No mercy! Thieving Mother f**ckers!!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Alamutatalo: 5:06pm On May 24, 2012
Why are we so gullible?Guns inside CPU?Customer coming to withdraw millions?Marketing manager hiring touts to rob customer?Nothing adds up.How did the security man gain access to the CPU?If the robbers wanted to rob after office hours what were dy doing dr during the day?If the wanted to rob a customer why inside the banking hall where you have adequate security?It is only the Nigeria police that can cook up such crazy stuff and expect pple to believe.I thinh dr's more to all of this.I think I have a good idea of what might have really happened and God will punish all those involved.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by gidiMonsta(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Nope, I meant lickable. As in with tongue.

gay pls spare this thread ur BS abeg.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by HighChief4(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2012
Yoruba and bank roberry, if they are not stealing with pen, they are stealing with guns. SMH
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by AnotherOkija: 5:21pm On May 24, 2012
SimonAndal: Dude on the left's got some lickable abs. But that's btw. Why were they beaten? Is that proper arrest procedure? Those cops should be sued.

Dude like seriously!! Did you say LICKABLE abs?! Are you a f'aggot?! Is that how you get down?! Do you play in the wrong league?! Dude!! Thats some fhucked up shit!!

But Thats by the way!! Dont worry about the beating!! If the Poblic defenders officer had good lawyers or these guys could find good lawyers, the case would be dismissed.. There is no professionalism in the Police.. They are no better than thugs..

I was gonna say something close to this.. But then again!! I dont want to be banned.. BUT!! Lets all note that this is the second or third crime today that has been linked to the South-west!!

ayo ade: Do you believe this story? Another police gimmicks in action! Please read in between the lines before you comment.

You come from the same region where the sun sets and sound just like a thief!! How do you know its a gimmick?! I guess you are the real robber that the police missed!!

afam4eva: Hmmm, people are desperate sha. What will possibly lead bankers to want to rob the bank they work for if not greed.

It has to do more with tribe than anything!! An Igboman would have thought of a business that himself and the 'man to be robbed" could invest in and share profit.. Our friend on the direct opposite end of the cardinal point from ours will think of robbing, defrauding and killing you, then throw Owambe party with Eso-ebi and street blocking!!

ollah1:

Seconded.. No bomb blast attack without an insider

Insider for Boko Haram is Atiku and Buhari!!

SimonAndal: I'm guessing they weren't even read their rights!

We dont have MIRANDA law in Nigeria!!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by BSF: 5:37pm On May 24, 2012
Alamutatalo: Why are we so gullible?Guns inside CPU?Customer coming to withdraw millions?Marketing manager hiring touts to rob customer?Nothing adds up.How did the security man gain access to the CPU?If the robbers wanted to rob after office hours what were dy doing dr during the day?If the wanted to rob a customer why inside the banking hall where you have adequate security?It is only the Nigeria police that can cook up such crazy stuff and expect pple to believe.I thinh dr's more to all of this.I think I have a good idea of what might have really happened and God will punish all those involved.

You read in between the lines. The story lines do not add up. To rob after banking hours? what are they looking for during banking hours.?

Any way , for the Bank Staff to be involved in the first place is PATHETHIC and CHILLING!!!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by akin33(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2012
@Ismhab, u are a fool and ur mouth will bring destruction 2u. Imagine, every1 is talking of arm robbers, u are linking OBJ & yorubas to robber. I knw u have no descedant. U come frm no where that has been d reason why u should open ur mouth like bull dog and bark. Isessss!!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by friedrice1: 5:44pm On May 24, 2012
This is Buhari's fault
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Jarus(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2012
Good job by the police.
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 24, 2012
i Reserve my comment till ............
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by PalmTree(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2012

Daft!!!
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Funkymallam(m): 6:18pm On May 24, 2012
fried-rice:
This is Buhari's fault

Like seriously, u mean Buhari's fault? cheesy angry shocked
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by upuphim(m): 6:36pm On May 24, 2012
Although, I neither support robbery nor fraud, but GTB Management should stop operation with 70% of her work force on contract. If at all they should continue, contract staff salary on 100k is not too much for the bank that earned N52bn profit.

For those who not are aware- All Tellers are contract staff in GTB- modern slavery in ones fatherland. God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by armadeo(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2012
Alamutatalo: Why are we so gullible?Guns inside CPU?Customer coming to withdraw millions?Marketing manager hiring touts to rob customer?Nothing adds up.How did the security man gain access to the CPU?If the robbers wanted to rob after office hours what were dy doing dr during the day?If the wanted to rob a customer why inside the banking hall where you have adequate security?It is only the Nigeria police that can cook up such crazy stuff and expect pple to believe.I thinh dr's more to all of this.I think I have a good idea of what might have really happened and God will punish all those involved.

the cpu issue got me thinking. The whole story stinks

1 Like

Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by doctokwus: 6:53pm On May 24, 2012
Dat is y I like coming 2 Nland;there will always be somebody amongts d lot who uses his God given brain,puts 2&2 together,knows it can only gv u 4,while d story is giving u 14.Its either this is a poor journalistic work& d police av shown dere archaic way of doin tins& presents it as heroism.Dis story is bunkum,d real story is yet to b told
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 24, 2012
i was there today dressed in black on black. Thank Jesus it wasn't about that time.

once you transform to something like those ones in pics, it will be hard to convince anyone you are innocent..
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by oayombo: 6:58pm On May 24, 2012
akereconfi:

Gbaguan grin

Gbaguan
It's typed Gbagaun..
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by xcapade: 7:06pm On May 24, 2012
According to reports made available to PUNCH Metro, the senior marketing executive allegedly conspired with two security personnel of the bank and two other staff to perpetrate the robbery of a customer who was to deposit some money running into millions of naira.

The bank workers were said to have invited one Sadiq, believed by the police to be a notorious armed robber in the state, who in turn invited six other members of his gang.

The gang allegedly procured guns in Lagos and ordered for more from Edo State.

The robbery was foiled when policemen through intelligence report got information of the planned robbery. The policemen stormed the bank premises incognito on the day the robbery was to take place.

It was learnt that one of the suspects had told the police that their weapons including two pistols were already concealed in the bank’s Computer Central Processing Unit with plans to use them on the day of the robbery.

The robbers who pretended to be customers of the bank had dressed in suits while Sadiq wore a kaftan. But they did not know that plain-clothed policemen had cordoned off the area while some other policemen were in the banking hall.

A police source said, “The suspected robbers got more than what they expected when detectives rounded them up and whisked them to the state police command headquarters.”

One of the suspects further confessed that the bank’s marketing executive gave them money to procure the arms and ammunition.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Joseph Jaiyeoba, confirmed the arrest in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Wednesday.

He, however, said further investigations were still ongoing with a view of ensuring that all those connected with the incident were arrested.

Jaiyeoba said, “The employees of the bank that were arrested were actually four in number. They planned with the security guard who then recruited armed robbers for them.

“The security guard’s job was to plant the guns inside the CPU of the computer so that when the armed robbers came in, they would be able to enter as normal customers.

“The robbers planned to rob after closing hours when customers were no longer allowed access into the banking hall. The commander, MOPOL 2, was able to get wind of the plan and led his team to the bank.

“They arrested the security guard who later confessed and gave his accomplices up. Meanwhile, investigations are ongoing.”

what a story cheesy
Re: Five Bank Employees Arrested For Attempted Robbery - GTB At Gbagada by Sike(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2012
Next post pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Abule Egba Fire Outbreak An Oil Spillage Caused The Outbreak / Killers Of Theo 'Chiboy' Mbakwe Free Sister After Receiving N600k Ransom / Customs Officer Kills Two Colleagues In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.